• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

He lives the pop hip-hop dream in that house but has no-one to share it with and that's what he needs the most. It's a sad parable, the tragic life of Franklin.

What do you mean he has no-one to share it with?

32eBDMG.jpg

daviyoung

Banned
My Franklin is always coming out of a strip club a bit wasted or chillin happily at his crib:

"Man, snackin already and I aint even high.... "

mine snacks because he's depressed and bored, irons, and talks to himself constantly about 'getting carried away'

the laughter dies when Franklin is in town

I've been killed 3 times in the span of 15 minutes by 3 random events because of this stupid ass cover system, these glass characters, and how slowly you do everything. This game can be incredibly annoying.

Does anyone know if you can quit the Hunting minigame early and have it count? It's the last thing I need to do for 100%, and I've been killed by those fucking cougars three times in a row now. I've done it now, though, got the Gold medal score, but it's only 10:43 in the morning (in-game) and Hunting only ends at 7pm. I don't know if hitting right on the D-pad to quit will cancel my progress or what, and I'm too scared of cougars to try and do the whole thing again. I guess I'll just leave the game running until it ends automatically. I'm standing on top of the RV in the Hunting area, which I think makes me cougar-proof, but I wouldn't put anything past those awful things.

Tawpgun

Are there gonna be any more Franklin missions. I feel after the intro the show was stolen by Michael and Trevor.

I want more gangsta shit. Where's Lamar! Ever since he
showed up during the car repoing for the rich guy
I haven't seen him since.

I hate it and it isn't fun. It takes way too long to lose the cops, and just as soon as you're in the clear, a cruiser randomly appears in front of you. I'd even say this goes backwards from GTA IV. If the "stealth" system even worked for a second, I could see the GTA V system work, but it doesn't.

Nope, you're completely wrong, sorry. The new wanted system, combined with the much improved cop AI and vison cones, makes for MUCH more believable and interesting gameplay. In GTA IV the only way to get away was drive as fast as you could you get out of the circle. In GTA you can commit a crime and stay in the exact same location and not get caught as long as you could stay hidden. It might not work perfect all the time, but it works pretty good most of the time.

The biggest problem I have is the quantity of cops that show up (I've seen as many as 7 police cruisers appear for a 1-star level), and the speed as which cops appear when you're in the middle of nowhere.

GrayGrey

Neo Member
Bail Bonds question:
how are you suppose to take the 2nd guy alive? I ran up to him and his crew and they all immediately started shooting at me. If I had a stun gun could I of stunned him and killed the rest, and then trained my rifle on him to take him alive? Thats sort of how I did the first guy, ran up behind him and punched him then trained my rifle on him and he came quietly.

Simple.
Identify the bounty on the map, kill everyone else, and run after him. He won't get far. Make sure to take advantage if Trevor's special. It should help.

Are there gonna be any more Franklin missions. I feel after the intro the show was stolen by Michael and Trevor.

Yeah there is a fair few, lamar doesn't feature in that many of them though, but he is still there to make you laugh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, I just bought a 500,000 dollar sailboat that apparantly can't sail.

Someone please tell me I'm just missing something stupid to raise the sails because otherwise I am pretty fucking angry if it turns out you can't actually sail on your fucking half a million dollar sailboat.

edit: did some googling, turns out the sailboat really can't actually sail. I am so pissed off right now, what the fuck Rockstar.

I love the new cop mechanic. I also love that there aren't cops on every freaking corner and crawling everywhere like in GTAIV. You couldn't steal car in GTAIV without getting police heat, it was really annoying. You also have to be seen committing a crime to get heat on you. If nobody sees you then you don't get heat.

I find losing the cops usually pretty easy. It does go from 1 star to 2 stars quickly, though... usually evading arrest gets you a 2 star.

MYeager

Reasonable? A street hustler that does murder for hire contracts, armed robberies and steals cars takes not getting paid for the work on the chin because he's a nice guy? Please...

A street hustler who is looking to make contacts with people to start earning big money and knows that means sometimes taking it on the chin. That the missions where he has to help a friend and mentor which he is already aware may not pay off.

Gaz_RB

Lamar makes a glorious return, have no fear!

Raiden

Banned
Anyone know if Nightcall from Kavinsky is in the game?

If i had to choose one game to be in it, it would be that one. Just want to cruise at night in a mountain regio with that song.

Quick question: does the PS3 version for GTA V have any glaring issues? Would it be ok to get this version? Just want to make sure there's no problems with installing the game or anything like that.

bud

trevor told michael to go to flight school because he was planning a heist.

i finished all the lessons as michael. am i supposed to wait for trevor to call me or...?

SJRB

Gold Member

If i had to choose one game to be in it, it would be that one. Just want to cruise at night in a mountain regio with that song.

Nope, no Kavinsky or any other kind of electro.

daviyoung

Banned
Quick question: does the PS3 version for GTA V have any glaring issues? Would it be ok to get this version? Just want to make sure there's no problems with installing the game or anything like that.

Completed on PS3, no issues.

i finished all the lessons as michael. am i supposed to wait for trevor to call me or...?

Which mission? I never had to do that.

It, sadly, is not. The stuff about Kavinsky tweeting about being in the next GTA, or whatever it was, just simply ended up being unsubstantiated.

You can just start up the mission. I believe you have to initiate this heist as Trevor.

what mission breaking bugs y'all encounter?

had one where i had to steal a golfcart for those crazy british tourists. It was permanent 2 stars no matter how long i evaded the police (think it was 10min or so before i got bored and went to sleep because i have work).

Tawpgun

Nope, no Kavinsky or any other kind of electro.

They should have done what SSX did.

You can put a USB with music in and you can replace the EA soundtrack with your custom songs, and they'll distort properly like the real music when you get massive air or go into tricky.

Should have a custom "station" on the station wheel that is your MP3 player/pandora or whatever

bud

Completed on PS3, no issues.

Which mission? I never had to do that.

it wasn't a mission. i just got a call from trevor about it.

i'm fairly early into the game. ±25%.

It, sadly, is not. The stuff about Kavinsky tweeting about being in the next GTA, or whatever it was, just simply ended up being unsubstantiated.

You can just start up the mission. I believe you have to initiate this heist as Trevor.

alright, thanks.

Andrew.

Banned

had one where i had to steal a golfcart for those crazy british tourists. It was permanent 2 stars no matter how long i evaded the police (think it was 10min or so before i got bored and went to sleep because i have work).

Zero!

*knocks on wood*

Nope, you're completely wrong, sorry. The new wanted system, combined with the much improved cop AI and vison cones, makes for MUCH more believable and interesting gameplay. In GTA IV the only way to get away was drive as fast as you could you get out of the circle. In GTA you can commit a crime and stay in the exact same location and not get caught as long as you could stay hidden. It might not work perfect all the time, but it works pretty good most of the time.

The biggest problem I have is the quantity of cops that show up (I've seen as many as 7 police cruisers appear for a 1-star level), and the speed as which cops appear when you're in the middle of nowhere.

I agree completely. It's much improved over IV. Although it's not without it's problems, as you say. I really hate killing somebody in the middle of nowhere, zero witnesses and I still get a star. I think Red Dead did it better with the witnesses.

Saying that though, I was being a bastard to some other bastards on the beach, a lady said she was calling the cops, I knocked her out before she could call and I had no wanted level.

Hit and miss I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Where can I find a helicopter as Franklin?

Chop is pretty low tier compared to that dog that helps you find Dom though.

SJRB

Gold Member
I agree completely. It's much improved over IV. Although it's not without it's problems, as you say. I really hate killing somebody in the middle of nowhere, zero witnesses and I still get a star. I think Red Dead did it better with the witnesses.

Saying that though, I was being a bastard to some other bastards on the beach, a lady said she was calling the cops, I knocked her out before she could call and I had no wanted level.

Hit and miss I guess.

True. It's pretty silly to kill someone up on mount Chiliad and suddenly have three cruisers come barreling down the mountain.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You find it here parked outside the pharmacy. It is a white van with a blue logo with the name of the company.

Are you supposed to deliver them to her at a certain time when she is at the trailer? Every time I deliver she is gone and Trevor falls on the floor crying. The mission never changes.

MormaPope

Banned

This one is probably the most fucked up glitch I've ever experienced in a game. Extremely late story mission spoilers ahead.

The operation where you need to break into the FIB building went smoothly for me. I did the firebomb/firefighter angle. Failed the mission when I destroyed the fire truck and Michael was in the blast. The game reloads the checkpoint where I have to drive to the getaway vehicle.

When the game reloads I see who I assume to be Packie grab on the back of the fire truck and hang on throughout the ride. Thought that was neat. I drive to the getaway vehicle and notice two of the operation members look identical. That's weird I guess. I get in the getaway vehicle and there was no room for Michael.

I get out of the car severely confused. There were four members for the heist, why are there five people total? Turns out there was another member besides the two identical ones. Somehow when the game reloaded the checkpoint two Packies were created. I was dumbfounded and sorta creeped out. Seeing two Packies next to each other was hilarious and insane.

Would've taken a pic in game but I'm not a gold member at the moment. For those that can't read the spoilers, a character was duplicated and I couldn't complete the mission because the clone took up a seat in a car.

Lima

Are you supposed to deliver them to her at a certain time when she is at the trailer? Every time I deliver she is gone and Trevor falls on the floor crying. The mission never changes.

I would spoiler tag that.

No. She left him again. That is why Trevor cries. There is nothing else to it.

Top Bottom