• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

RagnarokX

I was just driving through the Vinewood Hills and noticed some campers parked on the side of the road. Drove over to them and found a chick dancing topless outdoors.

DukeBobby

You get enough money later that $500 is pittance. If you return money, one of the guys is a millionaire and rewards you with $100k in shares lol.

I've already finished the game, and found that guy ages ago.

Still, it's free money so I can't complain. Also, I mostly play as Trevor and he would definitely not give the money back.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
He's basically the player's stand-in and I feel like this is made more clear as you go through the game. I like him, but he's pretty bland overall - it really is Michael's story in the end.

I love Michael, but dear god he's such an ass sometimes.

He keeps lying, even as Trevor digs up the grave. Then after being rescued, he tells franklin to just 'wait it out' on the money that's owed because of the whole movie deal. Self Centered Prick, still my favorite character.

Not sure what I love more, tennis or golf in GTA

And if anyone knows can you tell me how many golf courses there is in total? Is there just 1 or more?

He keeps lying, even as Trevor digs up the grave. Then after being rescued, he tells franklin to just 'wait it out' on the money that's owed because of the whole movie deal. Self Centered Prick, still my favorite character.

There is no honor among thieves.

Pooya

so, is this right? I have to clear all the chute events to unlock one last mission from Dom?

also, do the hitchhikers respawn if you fail them the first time?

Avixph

Yep.

I was careful during my playthrough not to spend needlessly(basically zero properties until post-game) and then I followed the guide on Reddit for how to properly invest(Redwood is SUPER important; plus there are some other stocks you can double-dip and rebound off of too on top of the regular investing).
Can you post a link?

Radec

Saw some girl crying for help in an alley saying his friend is hurt or something, went to her with my gun pulled, then she suddenly shouted "he got a gun! its a stick up!", then both of them ran away."

Killed them both after.
KuGsj.gif

Just going to ask again for the new page? What suburban do you get skinny jeans at? I've searched all over and just can't find them. On the rack which shows them and that I've seen others get them there's only three jean options available. Is there a sidequest that unlocks them?

Dead Man

Just going to ask again for the new page? What suburban do you get skinny jeans at? I've searched all over and just can't find them. On the rack which shows them and that I've seen others get them there's only three jean options available. Is there a sidequest that unlocks them?

Should be all of them, but different characters can only buy certain things from each store.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

I honestly can't remember which one I went to, All I know is that I'll be rocking red skinny jeans in GTA Online.

sappyday

You can only wear them as Frank and they're in the shelves all the way in the back of the store.

Dead

well not really...yet
The one where you get the clothes for the Life Invader interview very early in the game. Franklin can get skinny jeans in there.

Riggs

Banned
Focusing on the story missions to get it finished so I don't get spoiled somehow. My gosh the tension in the (Late-ish story spoiler here)
cemetery with Mike and Trevor and finding brad buried. I actually feel really bad for Trevor sometimes.

The music! I need the original score for this game asap.

I feel bad for Trevor a lot, that's how I know I am fucked up. At least it isn't skinny alien trevor from trailer park boys, that would suck as a main character.

I was just driving through the Vinewood Hills and noticed some campers parked on the side of the road. Drove over to them and found a chick dancing topless outdoors.

This is the best thing I've ever heard ....

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Keep the money: $500
Give it back: $50

It's always an easy decision for me.

me too. Franklin gives back.

Trevor gives back and gets thanks, then he activates meth mode double taps the girl in the back of the head and makes off with the cash

haha, ok. put on some armor if you keep getting killed. I haven't run into the problems you are describing. they were going for a more realistic style with the game. the characters last two seconds when facing lethal force because well that's typically how it works

try pressing the cover button every once in a while.

pretty much. I like the level of danger. although I've taken a couple fatals with Trevor, those bikers reaaaallly don't like him and I've been surprised a bunch. need to get some better guns with him as I got stuck in a car with only a pistol and drove past a biker club :(

Thanks guys, someone had said you could buy them as Trevor as well but it seems they were confused. I'll have to head there as Franklin when I next play and grab them.

Wonder if anything you've bought will transfer into GTA Online. I have so many clothes!

Dead Man

Thanks guys, someone had said you could buy them as Trevor as well but it seems they were confused. I'll have to head there as Franklin when I next play and grab them.

Wonder if anything you've bought will transfer into GTA Online. I have so many clothes!

Tervor can buy work pants that are kind of slim in the leg I think.

Riggs

Banned
For people dying all the time ...

Load up on the $2500 armor, it helps a fucking ton

Also load up on Grenade Launcher and Mini gun, cops can't do shit man.

Zeekaas

Bought a 500k sailboat yesterday and indeed - the sailboats don't actually sail. It sucks. Appears to be a glitch though, there's no way that is deliberately done.

The only way is to find a sailboat which already has its sail hoisted [pirate lingo I guess, not sure what the phrase is] is to find one randomly spawning.

Nope, it's working as intended I believe. I stole a sailboat with the sail up but it still used the motor. So it's jus a very very slow motorboat.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I'm sorry guys, need to NERD OUT for a second.

I work at REI - Outdoor retailer.
It's a Co-Op, It gets people outdoors, it sells yoga stuff, it's all about healthy lifestyle and all that stuff.

Yoga Instructor wears the damn toeshoes. Those damn Vibram 5-finger toeshoes, the ones that EVERYONE and their MOTHER (in socal) had to own. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am at this tiny detail. So many memories of selling these... as well as taking returns because the people of this area have no idea what it means to run barefoot. lmfao!

And now i resume playing.

wizzbang

Banned
How do I unlock the ability to purchase Los Santos Customs? I don't believe there's one available for sale to me and I'm at about 80% through the game, possibly lining up the final mission here.

EDIT: Ok so the icon was missing on the map - sigh, small bug. Youtube saves the day - I drove to the right location, it was available but the map wasn't telling me so.

Jamie OD

Saw some girl crying for help in an alley saying his friend is hurt or something, went to her with my gun pulled, then she suddenly shouted "he got a gun! its a stick up!", then both of them ran away."

Killed them both after.
KuGsj.gif

Whenever somebody runs off and yells at you to follow them, have your gun ready. At least for me every one of those events so far turned out to be an ambush.

Some boats have scuba gear. It gets automatically equipped when you jump out.
Oh ok thanks. Gonna do some deep sea treasure hunting.

I feel bad for Trevor a lot, that's how I know I am fucked up. At least it isn't skinny alien trevor from trailer park boys, that would suck as a main character.

This is the best thing I've ever heard ....
Lol sup bobandy. Go to sleep its 3:30am!

And holy fuck at the coyote cross country triathlon it is so damn long. Took me 27 minutes and 46 seconds and thank god I won it on my first try. It does not compare to the other previous triathlons I think they really ramp up the cheap AI here.

Be careful as the AI is cheap as fuck especially on the bicycle and at the final 100 meters running to the finish lime the AI speed boosted and almost won at the last second. 30 minutes of mashing X. Ridiculous.

BigDug13

me too. Franklin gives back.

Trevor gives back and gets thanks, then he activates meth mode double taps the girl in the back of the head and makes off with the cash

pretty much. I like the level of danger. although I've taken a couple fatals with Trevor, those bikers reaaaallly don't like him and I've been surprised a bunch. need to get some better guns with him as I got stuck in a car with only a pistol and drove past a biker club :(

The biker one shot kills remind me of GTA3 after you piss off the Mafia and one shotgun to the side of your car could blow you up.

Hip Hop

So has anyone seen the one where the two brothers are having sex? Wtf,

Don't know what happens after that, they killed me right after.

7he Talon

Reminds me of
Heisenberg

i think i hit a glitch using franklin during the "grass roots - the smoke-in" strangers and freaks missions. the game never registered that i'd completed the mission. i'm stuck with franklin showing he has 1 mission left, but there are no missions left on the map for franklin to take on. damn it.

7he Talon

i think i hit a glitch using franklin during the "grass roots - the smoke-in" strangers and freaks missions. the game never registered that i'd completed the mission. i'm stuck with franklin showing he has 1 mission left, but there are no missions left on the map for franklin to take on. damn it.
Did it come up with 'Mission Completed' and your rating at the end?

Might be a heist set-up "getaway car" mission. Those don't have mission markers.

Did it come up with 'Mission Completed' and your rating at the end?

nope. franklin made his phone call...and that was it. i left the area and no mission completed screen ever popped up. i've now since completed the final mission and a few subsequent side missions, and that number 1 is hanging over franklin's icon like a curse.

Top Bottom