• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I think the funniest Trevor moment was when he was yelling "MY DADDY WASN'T VERY NICE TO ME" and then asks those two to marry him. What a sarcastic dick. Then seconds later he's in the car telling that juggalo kid about how his friends abandoned him, lol.

i still haven't bought this game yet.. on a business trip.. i do have couple questions for you guys:

so is the map size accurate in terms of the comparison some made with scaling it to san andreas map? how big is the map really?

7he Talon

nope. franklin made his phone call...and that was it. i left the area and no mission completed screen ever popped up. i've now since completed the final mission and a few subsequent side missions, and that number 1 is hanging over franklin's icon like a curse.
That sucks! Hopefully it's one of the things to be fixed in the first patch.

i still haven't bought this game yet.. on a business trip.. i do have couple questions for you guys:

so is the map size accurate in terms of the comparison some made with scaling it to san andreas map? how big is the map really?
I'd say it's pretty accurate. Definitly bigger then RRD and San Andreas combined. I think it's less about the size (while the map is still huge) and more about the detail. The amount of small details that went into the world really make it great.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
No bug. There is no icon. You are supposed to find the locations yourself.

I remember talking to that lady in the beginning of the game and got a 'hurry up' email for her. forgot all about her and never heard anything since. is there further clues on what to do for her?

also, I was dicking around on the water and came back on land with trevor and apparently ran next to the fence of a military base. 4 stars and choppers everywhere stuck running around in the middle of 2 hills. I took down about 6 choppers and when I ran out of rockets took down another 2 with sniping. They got me in the end, because those choppers keep spawning, but I made them pay for the privilege of sending me to that expensive ass hospital.

Also, 3 stars rating -> make for a chopper pad is a solid getaway plan. Not flying into a tree while getting away is also a really good idea.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.

Comparable but 5 is definitely larger. A loop around just the areas outside los santos could take you 10 minutes. And the city is more detailed and expansive both than lc in 4.

BigDug13

Just know that the city alone is as big as the entire GTA IV game. And everything north of the city is bigger than the entirety of RDR. There's still roads I find myself turning down and realizing that I had never been down that road.

The only disappointing thing is very few interiors, but that's always been a thing with GTA. the views, roads, atmosphere is second to none. The story and mission variety is the best yet IMO. The multiple character aspect is so well done, there's no way they can ever go back to a single protagonist GTA.

I say this as someone so disappointed with GTA IV and so bored I didn't even unlock all the islands. This game is the best GTA yet IMO. And it feels like the biggest in many ways besides just map.

Fabrik

Banned
I was happy with my gaming session last night.

The LifeInvasion mission was very funny. lol @ the Keynote.
I was ready to dislike Trevor but it's actually fun to play as a psychopath. (I ran over Johnny's girlfriend lol). The mission with the 2 chinese guys was funny too and action packed. Trevor really ups the ante.

Also in my mind, Trevor = H. M. Murdock

HowlingMadMurdock.gif

tumblr_m84th1O1uO1qa4kw5o1_500.gif

I was in flying a jet as Michael, switch the Franklin to see whether I could spot Michael flying over the city, couldn't see him and then switched back to Micheal.

There was an explosion during the satellite view zoom-in and when I regained control of Michael, he was tumbling through the air. He survived the fall and landed near the movie theater where the Republican Space Rangers guys are.

0_0.jpg

DjRoomba

Banned

No point in comparing to San Andreas.
Its big, know this. Does it feel as big as the 3 areas of San Andreas?
Yer

He shaved it off before the final mission. All three characters reverted to their default outfits, but Michael was the only one who's hair reverted.

The facial hair on all three characters looks better than none; it's canon to me now.

Michael is determined to look as un-De Niro as possible. From his dumb house shorts and flip flops to, apparently, shaving the goatee. It's breaking my heart.

Michael stahp.

Michael is determined to look as un-Deniro as possible. From his dumb house shorts and flip flops to, apparently, shaving the goatee. It's breaking my heart.

Michael stahp.

He also suddenly can't dress himself post ending. He was wearing a black jacket with navy pants. smh

He must've been traumatized after all the violence.

Octacamo

okay any one else is facing this Kifflom Mission Glitch

I have delivered all the 5 cars after that i suppose to get an email but i didnt got any.

No matter how much time i spend on sleeping or what not it just doesnt show up on my map....

any idea on how to rectify this?

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Think I had my first real bug yesterday. Whenever I got on motorbikes the characters would just stand there, and I couldn't press any buttons (only the switch character one).

I knocked Tracey out inside the house and out of nowhere three more Tracey's spawned and started walking around the house.

It's a meta post-ironic satirical commentary on the psychological trauma occurring during spousal abuse from the assailant's POV.

GTAV pushing boundaries.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
lmao. As annoying as it is, I can't help but laugh when you switch to them and just think "oh wtf" at their outfits.

Trevor refuses to wear the ONE hat purchased for him (to cover up that balding head of his), but he's more than happy to keep the beard and wear any combination clothing currently owned.

Damn protohipster.

Is there a way to get a military jet that doesn't always end with me getting killed on the military base?

1. Stop dying
2. Stop sucking
3. ???
4. Profit

But seriously: Snag some armor, steal a Vapid Bullet or something fast from downtown LS, plan a route, take off ASAP.
Always aim for the head.

So far I'm loving this game. Just messing about is pretty fun. I really need to get on with the story missions. I've been at the submarine heist for so long.

Septimius

So, yesterday, I decided I'd give the chopper Michael was flying to Franklin, so he could get to some missions quickly. So I switched to Franklin, saw he was home, switched back to Michael, and flew over to his house. When I arrived, I was like "hold on.." and hovered the chopper near Franklin's house. Then I switched back (instantly, like in missions, which happens when they're close), put on better clothes on Franklin, all while Michael was just hovering outside his window. There was just something so awesome about that.

Then I swapped back to Michael, and flew a bit closer, and Franklin was like "Fancy seeing you here, Michael. Wanna hang out?" - I said yes, and landed the chopper at his garage, and Franklin made it through his house and joined me in the chopper. Then I went to the movies and saw The Loneliest Robot. Then I got drunk and flew Franklin to his destination. Then I swapped back to Franklin, because he was getting the chopper, after all. Then Franklin flew off while Michael walked to the nearest Coffee Beans.

It was just rather excellent.

profit

Was checking the website of a Belgian retail store and my eye caught the Windows version for GTA5. You can check here.

This version has not been confirmed yet, correct?

Got one on my second attempt.

Lost it trying to fly low over water to get away from the cops.

Fucking choppers spawning everywhere.

Got one and thought I was home free beause I took no missile hits. But my engine splutterer out half way  to the airport. Guess I took too much dmg from regular soldiers.

I find the easiest way to get to the plan itself is to usea chopper. Just fly real low right up to the fence. And then when you are in visible range, fly over the fence and you can basically be on the tarmac before the alarms go off. Then itsit's just a matter of luck and staying low.

Milchjon

Wait, do fighter jets have a limited amount of fuel? Stole one, flew for a bit, and suddenly the engine died on me.

Come on Rockstar, this sucks.

Edit: Oh this happens if I get too far away from the land?

Hoo-doo

Banned
So where is the jet located then at Fort Zancudo?

I spent like two hours yesterday getting my dude kevlar'd up, my whip armored to 100% with bulletproof tires and all the engine upgrades, only for me to blast through the gates and get blown to bits while I frantically try to find the jet.

Where's that damn thing!

Ensirius

So yesterday I did the Trevor mission where he
steals the military plane by flying a cropduster into it and then motherfuckin driving off the plane as it plummets to the ground...
Best mission on a GTA so far. Bar none...

I would also like to ask: is it possible to get the
Aston Martin 007
car you
steal with Franklin?
outside of the mission? So sexy.

Wait, do fighter jets have a limited amount of fuel? Stole one, flew for a bit, and suddenly the engine died on me.

Come on Rockstar, this sucks.

Edit: Oh this happens if I get too far away from the land?

Happened to me too but over land. I think it is just delayed engine dmg.

Hoo-doo

Banned
steals the military plane by flying a cropduster into it and then motherfuckin driving off the plane as it plummets to the ground...

Aston Martin 007
car you
steal with Franklin?

You can buy it online.

Aston Martin 007
car you
steal with Franklin?

I guess you never played SR3? For me that mission was a bit too similar to something in SR3 so it was not a highlight for me.

That car you mention can be purchased from one of the in game websites. I don't think it spawns normally outside those missions.

SirNinja

Wow @ Franklin's second house. I want to live here.

I spent way too much time at that house jumping into the pool from the roof.

(Try it; it's hilarious. It isn't really that big a fall, but Franklin flails and screams like he just jumped off a skyscraper.)

Symphonia

Banned
Just pulled up at an intersection in an Infernus, revved my engine a little while waiting for the lights to change and a random ped walked over to the car, said how nice it was and took a photo. I love little details like those.

red731

So I was spining my motorbike in circles in middle of nowhere in mountains just to see the back wheel pop...
Shotgun and deadly cat mode activated.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Do properties have fully-fledged missions attached to them? Like the businesses in Vice City?

Not full fledged missions ala Vice City, but they do have small extra missions. The one property I own gives you missions where you have to deliver cargo with a plane to drop off points or drop bombs on targets, and some missions where you drive a buggy and pick up weapons at a drop off point before rivals.

GrayGrey

Neo Member
Happened to me too but over land. I think it is just delayed engine dmg.

Grrr, I hate that. I stole a jet from the military base only for it to stall 20 feet away from my hanger.

Anybody have luck stealing the cargo plane from the base? I imagine it might be harder to steal then the jet.

reminder

Yes! I did that mission too yesterday. This is a mission i'll play over and over again just to
jump out the plane with the car and falling to the ground.
It's like the mission
"Stowaway"
in GTA San Andreas, for which i had a seperate save file.

Top Bottom