• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is anyone playing with autolocking off? Is that even possible? I feel it makes the game too easy.

I play with free aim and I feel the missions are just the right amount of difficulty. Maybe a tad easy. But just messing around in the world on the other hand.....oh boy. You die way too quickly. I imagine this is a thing whether you play free aim or not. Police are certainly aggressive in this game.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
I play with free aim and I feel the missions are just the right amount of difficulty. Maybe a tad easy. But just messing around in the world on the other hand.....oh boy. You die way too quickly. I imagine this is a thing whether you play free aim or not. Police are certainly aggressive in this game.
Yeah I think they're easy to avoid when you're in a car, but whenever I get out and start firing at them I die quickly. Free aim definitely makes that part more challenging. Maybe I need to buy some expensive body armor...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah I think they're easy to avoid when you're in a car, but whenever I get out and start firing at them I die quickly. Free aim definitely makes that part more challenging. Maybe I need to buy some expensive body armor...

I never buy body armour. Seems like a waste of time and money for me. I have to drive all the way over to ammunation and spend some money only to have armour gone fairly quickly once I get in to any firefight anyway. Wow I might be able to last a minute longer in an open firefight...meh. When I make my separate cheat file I'll bother with body armour since it won't take any effort to go get it.

Staab

I play with free-aim and complex crosshair since the beginning, makes the game much more challenging in gunfights... I like it
The police heavy missions have me dying quite a bit though =/

I play with free-aim and complex crosshair since the beginning, makes the game much more challenging in gunfights... I like it
The police heavy missions have me dying quite a bit though =/

I've been rolling with free-aim. The snap on the Traditional just puts the game in easy mode.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You know what I wish this game had? The Max Payne 3 shooting while on the ground ability. I can't count the amount of times I've been in a cop chase and I get knocked down by a car as I run in the road. Then the police just shoot me as my character takes fucking ages to get up. In these situations I wish I could do teh MP3 thing of aiming and shooting while I'm on the ground. Same thing when I dive out of a moving vehicles. You're stuck on the ground for ages just being nothing but a target.

did you guys find any easter eggs? i heard there is a sunken flying saucer under water.. anybody confirm?

someone should do a easter egg thread

Ensirius

You can buy it online.

I guess you never played SR3? For me that mission was a bit too similar to something in SR3 so it was not a highlight for me.

That car you mention can be purchased from one of the in game websites. I don't think it spawns normally outside those missions.

Thanks guys

I guess I'll wait for the bug fixes. I don't want to spend a ton of cash on cars for them to disappear

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yes! I did that mission too yesterday. This is a mission i'll play over and over again just to
jump out the plane with the car and falling to the ground.
It's like the mission
"Stowaway"
in GTA San Andreas, for which i had a seperate save file.
I had exactly the same thought and seperate savefile too haha. It's that mission in SA that first made me want missions to be replayable. I used to use the explode all vehicles cheat and try and push that plane into my hanger to repair it. (Couldn't get that plane without a gsmeshark otherwise).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
from reddit

Now relax and...OH SHIT!

mioMKet.jpg

Omni

I have like 10 missions to go, but I have a question about the prison that's near the desert.

Are there any missions that take place there? It seems pretty detailed for an area that a player wouldn't normally have access to.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Some may disagree but, in an open firefight where cover is hard to come by, i've found hip firing is essential. After the initial shot, your character will hold their aim up for a few seconds allowing you to continue firing whilst moving at top speed with little to no accuracy penalty. With practice you can run rings around groups of enemies, get head shots and reach far away cover quickly whilst laying down fire.

#LetItGoMeat

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Some may disagree but, in an open firefight where cover is hard to come by, i've found hip firing is essential. After the initial shot, your character will hold their aim up for a few seconds allowing you to continue firing whilst moving at top speed with little to no accuracy penalty. With practice you can run rings around groups of enemies, get head shots and reach far away cover quickly whilst laying down fire.

#LetItGoMeat

I always use hip fire and move around Max Payne style. You still die too quickly against the police. It's simply the health system that's to blame. You die in just a few hits, and you're going to get hit regardless of how well you're moving around or how accurate your shots are. It's especially annoying that health doesn't even regenerate if you're moving. You have to be completely still to recharge health, which is something you just can't afford to do when police are coming from all sides.

As I said it's not much of a big deal in missions most of the time. Missions seem pretty balanced for the health system in mind and enemy encounters are generally....purposeful. But open firefights against the police when just messing around is suicide.

Omni

Actually, another random question.

Do jets have countermeasures or something? I can't get one out of the military base without several missiles being shot at me.

kitch9

Banned
You know what I wish this game had? The Max Payne 3 shooting while on the ground ability. I can't count the amount of times I've been in a cop chase and I get knocked down by a car as I run in the road. Then the police just shoot me as my character takes fucking ages to get up. In these situations I wish I could do teh MP3 thing of aiming and shooting while I'm on the ground. Same thing when I dive out of a moving vehicles. You're stuck on the ground for ages just being nothing but a target.

Yes because the first thing a human can do is shoot his gun after being runover by a 3 tonne vehicle

Dead Man

Yes because the first thing a human can do is shoot his gun after being runover by a 3 tonne vehicle

The first thing most people would do after that is die, so if you want perfect realism, expect a very short game. Otherwise, discussing how much realism is good is pretty valid.

STG

i think i hit a glitch using franklin during the "grass roots - the smoke-in" strangers and freaks missions. the game never registered that i'd completed the mission. i'm stuck with franklin showing he has 1 mission left, but there are no missions left on the map for franklin to take on. damn it.

pick up your phone and look in messages or emails for one from Tonya, open that and call her back

I had the same "issue" with the 1 mission
and it was just another tow truck thing

maybe that is the same for you

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Yes because the first thing a human can do when he gets out of a car is take a rocket launcher out of his invisible pocket.

Please don't bring realism bullshit in to this. Realism shouldn't get in the way of game design.

GrayGrey

Neo Member
I have like 10 missions to go, but I have a question about the prison that's near the desert.

Are there any missions that take place there? It seems pretty detailed for an area that a player wouldn't normally have access to.

unfortunately no. But like GTA IV we can assume unused assets will be used for DLC/online portion

I wish you could sneak around the military base / airport and not be automatically detected unless someone saw you. Also, I just got a taxi and didn't hurry or skip it so I could browse GAF for a while.

Dead Man

I like it. Micro transactions were always expected if Rockstar were going to be able to make GTA Online viable. I won't buy anything but others will and if more money for Rockstar means they can keep improving the service then I'm all for it.
If half a billion or whatever in profit doesn't allow them to continue to support it they can fuck right off with that.

I like it. Micro transactions were always expected if Rockstar were going to be able to make GTA Online viable. I won't buy anything but others will and if more money for Rockstar means they can keep improving the service then I'm all for it.

I'm fine with it too as long as it doesn't throw the balance off.
I personally won't be able to play GTAO for a while, work etc.. so it might allow me to level out with my friends when I finally do get to play it

Zampano

I hope Rockstar have at last learned their lesson about splitting their online communities with free aim / lock on. GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3 all suffered because people don't want to play one way of the other.

My preference would be free aim only for multi. Lock on is stupid for multiplayer games.

Donos

Started the game yesterday and played around 3 hours and damn the graphics for a sandbox game are really good (PS3). It's fantastic how they improved over GTA4. Dat 7 year old hardware. Makes you really wonder what PS4 and XBOne are going to put out in 5 years.Then again i wish i could swith to KB/M for the shooting. Still ok. Can't wait for all the crazy stuff which is going to get down.
Although the models are not the best/most realistic looking, the animations in Rockstar games always are top notch and give everything a realistic vibe.

And a big :lol everytime i jump to early when i want to climb an obstacle and the character just bangs against it and is slowly slumping down.

Also since when PS3 games cost 70&#8364; ? Even on Amazon? Holy shit. Thought about buying it if i really like it but i'm not going to pay 70&#8364;. If i buy a used copy, can i still play GTA Online? Or do they have some online pass thingy there?

Like i read in this thread, it's really stupid that you are shooting automatically when driving. What is the problem to give you the possibility to aim without shooting? Really strange. Wasn't a problem when i read this here but the first time i did it in the gamei thought "wtf".

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I hope Rockstar have at last learned their lesson about splitting their online communities with free aim / lock on. GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3 all suffered because people don't want to play one way of the other.

My preference would be free aim only for multi. Lock on is stupid for multiplayer games.

I agree but unfortunately they're either going to split the userbase again or lock on will be the only option online. They seriously need to ditch that lock on shit for GTA 6.

Being so vulnerable in the story was fine, but in the post-game now it's a bit of a bummer to go down so easy. Doing fun/chaotic things is harder than it should be.

E92 M3

Gentlemen - I have a question: Did anyone ever notice a stat going down? I had a full special bar with Franklin only to later notice I lost one bar? Do stats have a 'prestige' like quality or was there a glitch?

Zafir

Really there should only be lock on when your doing something else while aiming imo. When flying a helicopter or driving for example. Since aiming can actually be a bit tedious in those cases.

E92 M3

God fucking damn it. There goes an sense of progression or balance. Can't wait to be outmatched in the leader boards by some guy who spent 10 bucks to get the best stuff. Great.

Oh and limited time consumables? Lol.... :(

Won't lie - that deflates my hype a bit...seems almost like we'll be forced to purchase the money packs to be competitive. And what's the point of playing it if you can just purchase so much money and go on your way?

Given that, GTA still sounds exciting because the game itself is so FUCKING good. Brings me back to the PS2 days.

putarorex

I am starting to get the game locking up on my PS3 (slim). It has happened about five times so far. Not sure if my PS3 is dying on me but I don't think so.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I always use hip fire and move around Max Payne style. You still die too quickly against the police. It's simply the health system that's to blame. You die in just a few hits, and you're going to get hit regardless of how well you're moving around or how accurate your shots are.

That's the case against the high end NOOSE and Army boys, who are accurate and have high powered weapons, but not against your garden variety filth/rozzers/5-0, their aim sucks when you're hipfiring.

Nymphae

Banned
I did a few more of the Trevor rampage missions last night, and as a Canadian I got a big laugh out of him starting shit because people were making fun of his (completely non existent) Canadian accent. The army one was the best: "Aboot? They don't even say it like that!", and "A tank? For one Canadian?" lol.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
God fucking damn it. There goes an sense of progression or balance. Can't wait to be outmatched in the leader boards by some guy who spent 10 bucks to get the best stuff. Great.

Oh and limited time consumables? Lol.... :(

You still have to level up to access the stuff to buy, though. That makes it a little fairer. Also, you can always steal their money... :)

Tawpgun

The money packs are disappointed. I thought in GTA Online, money was king, or whatever they said. It's what the whole experience revolves around. And now you can just buy it.

It'd be awesome if those money cards could never be deposited. So you could steal them off the chumps that buy them hehe

Top Bottom