• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Tawpgun

On my way to work when...

e3vWDht.jpg

Getting some urges here....

This is also a pre alpha screenshot of next gen GTA Boston

TheMan

I don't like the way things turned out with Michael's psychiatrist...
his sudden change of character into a crazy person was kind of jarring, then you chase him and kill him and that's it.
. I was hoping they'd do more with his character, but then again I'm going to be a psychiatrist so I'm biased.

Edit: lol, my bad. At least it was a fairly minor spoiler.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, why the hell does the icon for the second ATV challenge disappear everytime I come close? People are standing around doing nothing and I can't start the race.

Edit: Actually, everything disappears as soon as I'm close to the race. Mission icons, property icons... wtf
Sorry to bump this, but did anyone run into this problem? It's a little annoying. Have completed two missions since, and still can't do it :/

I'm at the beginning with Trevor btw. Maybe I'll try again as soon as I can switch characters.

Voidance

his sudden change of character into a crazy person was kind of jarring, then you chase him and kill him and that's it.
. I was hoping they'd do more with his character, but then again I'm going to be a psychiatrist so I'm biased.
Might wanna edit that to include a "/" buddy. At least I know that story line resolves... :^|

Ran into a Grouppe6 truck (spoiler tagging just in case)
guys were on a smoke break as I approached and then finished, got back in and drove off. I followed, and eventually opened fire on their rear door. They tried escaping then the driver goes 'We have to engage!' or something, and they pull over and both get out and start firing at me!! By this time the police were involved too. I killed the two drivers and took off in it but its way too slow to evade cops in.

Was later shot and killed through the windshield by an approaching officer.

I have yet to do any missions involving these trucks. How do you open those back doors if you dont have explosives?

Double D

Welp...I guess I didn't want to know that...

Btw, use the spoiler button to tag your stuff...

Protip: always preview your post when using the spoiler function.

Edit- ^^ shoot the middle of the doors where they meet right between the little silver rectangle thingies.

Ran into a Grouppe6 truck (spoiler tagging just in case)
guys were on a smoke break as I approached and then finished, got back in and drove off. I followed, and eventually opened fire on their rear door. They tried escaping then the driver goes 'We have to engage!' or something, and they pull over and both get out and start firing at me!! By this time the police were involved too. I killed the two drivers and took off in it but its way too slow to evade cops in.

Was later shot and killed through the windshield by an approaching officer.

I have yet to do any missions involving these trucks. How do you open those back doors if you dont have explosives?

I dont think this is a spoiler, the game tells you this the first time you see an armored truck, but anyway,
you need to damage the doors on the back, it takes one sticky bomb or a whole lot of shooting; prob too much shooting to do in a pursuit, you would need to steal it, escape the cops, and park it somewhere to open the doors with gunfire.

I feel like you should be able to make easier money in the SP mode and have it more difficult in MP. Trying to by a helicopter or plane... it's practically impossible. I'm 60% through the game so far.

He was an asshole right from the start. It just became more and more obvious throughout. Had fun killing him.

Tunavi

Banned
yeah I agree with franklin being a terrible character. totally useless. Trevor is the best character the series has seen though

edit: frank not mike

antitrop

yeah I agree with franklin being a terrible character. totally useless. Trevor is the best character the series has seen though
Yeah, Michael is great, but he is definitely not living up to the potential I saw in the trailers. I'm not done with the story, yet, but I'm seeing where this is headed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He was an asshole right from the start. It just became more and more obvious throughout. Had fun killing him.
This. People needed to visit him more often.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Throw out your ideas for a GTAO thread title. We should have it up a little later on today. Sorry for the delay. Wanted to keep it in line with the way your GTA online experience will inevitably be.

I'm not too clever.

Cragvis

50 hours in

Michael - 25%
Franklin - 40%
Da Trevster - 35%

I think my frank time is higher because I explored the world so much at the start of the game before I did many missions.

I like trev and frank the best. Michael has some really weird walk to him that puts me off a little.

eival

whats with the Michael Bay instagram filter all of a sudden during the final mission?

i could understand if they waited till the last cutscene, but it was already night time and now you crush the blacks to set some "mood" that you didnt care about all thru the game prior...

Where can I find a helicopter? Driving into the base for that chopper is way too risky and it'd be fun to parachute in :D

Edit: well that would probably be even more lethal haha

Tawpgun

Smallest map ever in a GTA game

I actually posted this in the where should the next GTA game be in thread.

They should make a GTA in the New England area with Boston as the main city. Boston has a rich history of bank/truck heists, especially in Charlestown. The movie "The Town" is based off of. You also have good racial dynamics with very black neighborhoods, Italian, and the famous irish southie. Whitey Bulger and all that.

Then you can play off of it having a ton of universities. Make fun of college students. Maybe theirs some genius in MIT that helps you with your missions. The city is small enough it can be recreated decently faithfully and it would be as big as Los Santos is in GTAV.

Then you have have smaller city-towns in the countryside. Lowell, Worcester, Springfield. Maybe include Manchester or Providence. The country side would have Libertarian hicks living in New Hampshire, that area would be mountains. Then include fishing villages in Maine. And affluent neighborhoods in Connecticut or Cape Cod/Nantucket/Marthas' Vineyard.

I'm incredibly biased because I'm from the area, but to me it seems like the perfect place to set a GTA game that isn't California or Liberty City. The consensus of that thread was Vice City was too flat to be interesting again.

Throw out your ideas for a GTAO thread title. We should have it up a little later on today. Sorry for the delay. Wanted to keep it in line with the way your GTA online experience will inevitably be.

I'm not too clever.

Suggestions:

I'd like to come up with some that are quotes from the music in the game too.

I actually posted this in the where should the next GTA game be in thread.

They should make a GTA in the New England area with Boston as the main city. Boston has a rich history of bank/truck heists, especially in Charlestown. The movie "The Town" is based off of. You also have good racial dynamics with very black neighborhoods, Italian, and the famous irish southie. Whitey Bulger and all that.

Then you can play off of it having a ton of universities. Make fun of college students. Maybe theirs some genius in MIT that helps you with your missions. The city is small enough it can be recreated decently faithfully and it would be as big as Los Santos is in GTAV.

Then you have have smaller city-towns in the countryside. Lowell, Worcester, Springfield. Maybe include Manchester or Providence. The country side would have Libertarian hicks living in New Hampshire, that area would be mountains. Then include fishing villages in Maine. And affluent neighborhoods in Connecticut or Cape Cod/Nantucket/Marthas' Vineyard.

I'm incredibly biased because I'm from the area, but to me it seems like the perfect place to set a GTA game that isn't California or Liberty City. The consensus of that thread was Vice City was too flat to be interesting again.

The problem with Boston, and almost any North East city, is that they are all basically baby New Yorks. I know that it's tough for us to swallow, but every theme that could be done in Boston is already represented by New York, except better. The only theme that is probably stronger in Boston than New York is that Boston has more tense race relations because of the racial segregation in Boston, being that it's about 50-years behind other cities of its size. The driving would be horrible in Boston because there isn't a straight road in the city. Geographically, Boston is tiny too, one of the smallest cities by square mileage in the US... Of course, the Los Santos + Blaine County in GTAV is real-life hours drives outside of LA metropolitan area, but... LA is also ~500 square miles (boston is less than 100).

The "mini New York" problem effects almost every other city on the East Coast, from Philly and Baltimore, and even cities like Detroit or Chicago. Sadly, I think the only interesting cities for a future GTA on the East Coast are Miami and Washington DC.

Though I wouldn't be totally shocked if we got a Boston location for a future GTA Online DLC.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Michael is great, but he is definitely not living up to the potential I saw in the trailers. I'm not done with the story, yet, but I'm seeing where this is headed.

I like the way he looks (dat mafioso sorpranos vibe), but he is probably the least likeable in terms of character. He's selfish and manipulative; constantly rationalising his dispicable actions and lies with paper thin excuses.

Even the insane Trevor seems more likable, veering as he does between terrifying unstable psychotic outbursts and child-like naivety. He has a twisted code that he lives by
which he ends up breaking because of his rage fits. He also seems to be more of a 'family man' than Michael (in a very weird way).

Franklin seems the most reasonable and human of the bunch, but he can't seem to stem his greed for 'paper'.

I really love how complicated R* has made all the main characters.

red731

You don't have to pick them up with the submarine. You can just swim over them. I don't know if you automatically get scuba gear though so you might drown :p

Man, I know. I am using dinghy to get me to sonar places and swim from there, but I can't get to "touch zone" of the object when swimming.
I would be dead if it wasn't for scuba equipment :D

I hope that isn't spoiling anything.

and char usage:
M 30
F 35
T 35
over 56:02:43@79.96%

AkuMifune

Banned
God, Love this game. 42% or so and just feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

I need to take another sick day soon, this is terrible.

Top Bottom