• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Darklord

Banned
Is...Billy Crystal in this game? Seriously, I just picked up a random guy on the side of the road and he's either doing a perfect imitation or it's him.

Goddamnit, I keep dying on this random encounter with Trevor where
you rescue some girl from the Lost
- fuck whoever thought the shooting-while-driving controls in this game were anywhere near acceptable. It's fine with Franklin, as you can just slap on the slow-mo driving and take as much time aiming as you like, but with anyone else? In heavy traffic? A complete fucking nightmare.

StuBurns

Banned
- fuck whoever thought the shooting-while-driving controls in this game were anywhere near acceptable. It's fine with Franklin, as you can just slap on the slow-mo driving and take as much time aiming as you like, but with anyone else? In heavy traffic? A complete fucking nightmare.
Then get out the car.

That's I always have a ton of sticky bombs and grenades on me.Much easier to blow them up than shoot them

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, why the hell does the icon for the second ATV challenge disappear everytime I come close? People are standing around doing nothing and I can't start the race.

Edit: Actually, everything disappears as soon as I'm close to the race. Mission icons, property icons... wtf
Okay, it was because one of Maude's bail dudes was close by and I didn't see him on the map. Nothing to see here folks.

FStop7

Banned
Holy shit Trevor's story [LATE game]
swerving when he apparently killed Floyd and Debra. I seriously did not see that coming. That was kind of grim.

To those who were spoiled: I apologize, I was mistaken about how far in this happens. It's late game, not mid...

Goldrusher

statsgfjo7c.gif

Kifflom!

Derrick01

Banned
Where are the Epsilon cars? Is there any map in game or something?

Most of them are luxury vehicles so they'll be up in the vinewood hills, but there's no map. They spawn randomly. I ended up buying the last 2 I needed on a website because after 30 minutes straight of looking I just said fuck it.

MYeager

Have you tried adjusting the aim sensitivity in the settings? It's not the greatest system (Saint's Row did this part better) but I never had too much trouble with it.

Where are the Epsilon cars? Is there any map in game or something?

You can find most of the Epsilon cars around the vinewood/rockford hills.

The only one not in that area is the Tornado.

If you don't feel like looking, IIRC you could buy 3 of the cars off the internet.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just invested all my money across all 3 characters in HAL, created a 2nd save slot just in case.

Come on Bawsaq

Yeah, chasing those soundtracks is a fool's game. A bunch of iconic songs that have had decades to become iconic and ingrained in pop culture (especially with Vice City). Impossible to replicate that in what is supposed to be a present-day game.

Fair point, but present-day includes the emergence of iPods and satellite radio; they could have done anything they wanted with the soundtrack at this point and it would have made sense.

I really don't think I like more than 10 or so songs. I turn the radio off entirely probably 70% of the time. :/

oddly about the jumping out of a helicopter and dying in water:

Jumped out of a plane that I stole, landed in the Alamo Sea, had major damage, but survived. Was Trevor & did not trigger his special.

The
FIB
missions are really fun.

It's a good way of tying together Trevor and Michael without going down an overly cliched route.

Quick q regarding the plotline of one of these missions, because I missed a few cutscenes :p

Am I right in thinking that it's essentially an undercover war between the two organisations - two corrupt groups who are vying for less than reputable resources?

I can't believe I'm still only half way through tbh. I was worried that I'd rush through it too fast but there's just so much to do.

Played around 30 hours and only around 40% completed according to the stats.

...and I wanted this done before Online! :p

Batigol

Banned
Trevor just might be my favourite character in any GTA ever. I see so many similarities between him and myself when I'm playing

Megasoum

Banned
Something I realized while playing... I dunno if it's because of the pre-launch hype (of the last 2 years lol) but some of the missions ended up being a bit "routine" for me...

Like especially
Three's Company and Derailed
which are both featured in the trailers... I expected them to be epic grandiose things and, while they were still very fun to play and had some impressive features/visuals they each lasted like 5minutes and then back to normal activity lol... Dunno...was expecting a bit more.

Maybe I was expecting that both those thing would be part of a heist?

Anyway, doesn't really take anything away from the game, it's just something I noticed yesterday.

Fair point, but present-day includes the emergence of iPods and satellite radio; they could have done anything they wanted with the soundtrack at this point and it would have made sense.

I really don't think I like more than 10 or so songs. I turn the radio off entirely probably 70% of the time. :/

Not having custom soundtrack capabilities is bullshit. Here's hoping they patch it.

Alfredo

Is there a way to go back to old emails? I took a bounty mission for Trevor a while back, but didn't finish it. Maude emails me to remind me about it, but the email with his location and stuff isn't there anymore. It's pretty annoying if those emails are gone forever.

Trevor just might be my favourite character in any GTA ever. I see so many similarities between him and myself when I'm playing

Trevors personality makes it really easy to play GTA the way you want to play it. It never felt right to play with reckless abandon in previous GTA's (with the exception of III) because it was contrary to the characters personality, but with Trevor it's fun again.

KingK

So I finally found
Packie
only after I finished the final heist. Fuck.

IIRC, you are one of the people who still thinks Walt is a morally upright hero in the BB threads, so this makes sense lol.

Andrew.

Banned
In some ways, Trevor is the most open minded and caring GTA character ever as well.

Just gotta make it past his rough exterior and you will find the love.

Very true. He's one of the most complex characters Ive experienced in gaming. He carries a very odd, yet strong sense of integrity in some scenes and he definitely has a heart.

He's just got some major fucking issues.

Holy shit Trevor's story swerving when (mid game)
he apparently killed Floyd and Debra.
I seriously did not see that coming. That was kind of grim.

Was wandering around long after that and realized I was standing
in their carport. Tried to go back inside, and found the door taped off and the window boarded as a crime scene. Still bloodied with two head sized dents though...
That whole scene was probably the most gruesome for me, even more than the well known
interrogation / torture.

So has anyone else had issues with the Kifflom missions following turning in the 5 cars? Power went off in the middle of the following
alien tracker
mission and the email you receive after the cars hasn't come again and the mission won't pop up. Been two in-game days since, going to be incredibly sad if this prevents me from getting 100%.

In some ways, Trevor is the most open minded and caring GTA character ever as well.

Just gotta make it past his rough exterior and you will find the love.

Definitely. The whole "he's just crazy" thing is way overblown. He's a smart and complex character with morals and integrity. I'm not even kidding.

duckroll

No I don't think the "he's just crazy" thing is overblown at all. He is crazy. He doesn't deny being crazy. His actions show that he's crazy. But he's also the most honest of the characters because he doesn't pretend to be something he's not and he doesn't aspire to be something else, or deny his true nature. The reality is that everyone in GTA5 is pretty much crazy, but Trevor is the only one who accepts that for what it is.

RaikuHebi

Banned
So are there any crazy people out there who have managed to get or are attempting to get the collectibles without looking at a guide?

I personally thought about it but there's no way. I'm just storming them all with a guide now, as I did for San Andreas.

sunnz

R* are just so... weird.

On one hand you have more arcade driving physics

Then you have things like turbulence on the planes and heli's that are tougher to control...

I gotta say, for ALL the things V has done right and done very well, I still can't get over the downgraded driving physics. Such a big issue with me ( and the plane camera). Driving on the grass and the few off road areas ( where the Sultan RS is in IV) was a lot more fun than driving off-road anywhere in V.
I just wish the vehicles didn't have deadzone on the controls ( makes it impossible to make small adjustments to the cars, results in more twitchy controls)

matthieuC

R* are just so... weird.

Then you have a things like turbulence on the planes...
I gotta say, for ALL the things V has done right and done very well, I still can't get over the downgraded driving physics. Such a big issue with me ( and the plane camera)
Not sure if this works for planes, but in settings you can change your driving view from low to high. It looks much better to me.

duckroll

So are there any crazy people out there who have managed to get or are attempting to get the collectibles without looking at a guide?

I personally thought about it but there's no way. I'm just storming them all with a guide now, as I did for San Andreas.

You don't need a guide really, the locations are all listed on the Checklist map on the Social Club site if you have an account.

RotBot

Just invested all my money across all 3 characters in HAL, created a 2nd save slot just in case.

Come on Bawsaq

I invested about $5.5 billion into 3,221,389,448 shares of HAL last night. It's worth $12 billion now. Not that I could ever spend it all or even convert it to cash without bugging out the game.

xcLc7ii.jpg

sunnz

Not sure if this works for planes, but in settings you can change your driving view from low to high. It looks much better to me.

It's not the location of the camera.
My problem is that the camera moves WITH the plane, if you watch the flying school videos you notice the camera stays still while the planes go upside down, I want that.

Hip Hop

R* are just so... weird.

Then you have things like turbulence on the planes and heli's that are tougher to control...

I gotta say, for ALL the things V has done right and done very well, I still can't get over the downgraded driving physics. Such a big issue with me ( and the plane camera). Driving on the grass and the few off road areas ( where the Sultan RS is in IV) was a lot more fun than driving off-road anywhere in V.
I just wish the vehicles didn't have deadzone on the controls ( makes it impossible to make small adjustments to the cars, results in more twitchy controls)
I love the new car physics when speeding down the freeway, it feels like a Need for Speed game. But when you slow down, it feels horrible, empty almost. All vehicles speed up super fast once you step on the gas, and they move with very little physics, like they are all one speed. The bikes have shitty movement as well. I just see how awesome the ATV would have been with GTA IV handling. Every time you jump with one over a hill, it feels so cheap. Same thing with the Sanchez.

Holy shit Trevor's story swerving when (mid game)
he apparently killed Floyd and Debra.
I seriously did not see that coming. That was kind of grim.

I would edit this, dude. This is more like three quarters in. Say it's just before you lose access to the Vespucci Beach safehouse or something.

Top Bottom