• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I invested about $5.5 billion into 3,221,389,448 shares of HAL last night. It's worth $12 billion now. Not that I could ever spend it all or even convert it to cash without bugging out the game.

xcLc7ii.jpg

It's over $4.40 now, I've made almost $2 million and the only money I invested was from the take from the first heist.

Donos

Got to the first Trevor mission... man this engine is truly a beast. It's really scary to think how the PS4/XB/PC versions will look and run. Rockstar did really put work into it.

Gaz_RB

Man I love the new cop ai except for the fact that they have no idea how to deal with tunnels.

Like... You saw me go in there....

Andrew.

Banned
Got to the first Trevor mission... man this engine is truly a beast. It's really scary to think how the PS4/XB/PC versions will look and run. Rockstar did really put work into it.

Best music of the game that is sorely missed on the soundtrack.

R* are just so... weird.

On one hand you have more arcade driving physics

Then you have things like turbulence on the planes and heli's that are tougher to control...

I gotta say, for ALL the things V has done right and done very well, I still can't get over the downgraded driving physics. Such a big issue with me ( and the plane camera). Driving on the grass and the few off road areas ( where the Sultan RS is in IV) was a lot more fun than driving off-road anywhere in V.
I just wish the vehicles didn't have deadzone on the controls ( makes it impossible to make small adjustments to the cars, results in more twitchy controls)

Agree with you, I really miss the driving in IV but I have grown to appreciate V's style. When I first got the game it was a major issue for me, I could drive fine but it all just feels so lifeless sometimes.

sunnz

How does stealth work...

Sometimes I kill a person with a silenced gun ( yes, NOBODY is around, I triple checked during the mission) and still get police after me.

Then I kill like 6 to 9 gang members on the street with an AK and get no police but killing a civilian who is all alone ( and again, no one around) with as silenced weapon results in the police coming after me...

So weird.

Agree with you, I really miss the driving in IV but I have grown to appreciate V's style. When I first got the game it was a major issue for me, I could drive fine but it all just feels so lifeless sometimes.

The way the cars handle in V is how they should handle after you have FULLY upgraded them ( tyres, suspension, engine, lowered etc...)
Even trucks don't have that heavy feel to them.

Cragvis

How does stealth work...

Sometimes I kill a person with a silenced gun ( yes, NOBODY is around, I triple checked during the mission) and still get police after me.

Then I kill like 6 to 9 gang members on the street with an AK and get no police but killing a civilian who is all alone ( and again, no one around) with as silenced weapon results in the police coming after me...

So weird.

The way the cars handle in V is how they should handle after you have FULLY upgraded them ( tyres, suspension, engine, lowered etc...)
Even trucks don't have that heavy feel to them.

It very well could be there was someone off in the near distance that saw you shoot that person with your pistol and phoned in the cops. Need to be 100% positive no one is within line of sight.

Killing gang members...no one cares if a gangbanger dies. Just look at Chicago.

It does seem that R* took the arcady driving from san andreas and combined it with the realistic weighted feel of IV and the result is the driving we have now.

Brizzo24

Question: Trevor's freak mission with the fat lady ("somewhere between peachy and keen") How do you go about doing that? I know it's a
bounty, but do you get a map? Are you supposed to know where to go?
I'm lost here. Need details!

Thanks

njean777

So I just
finished the chemical weapon heist
about how much longer in the story do I have if I disregard side quests till after I beat the main story?

RaikuHebi

Banned
So I just
finished the chemical weapon heist
about how much longer in the story do I have if I disregard side quests till after I beat the main story?
Check the stats, it tells you your mission progression. (but also includes the Assassination missions in that total, only one of which is required for story progression).

Brizzo24

Check your email.

I have, and she asks me
something along the lines of when i'm going to get the job done, or don't forget about the job. I have seen a map, though it's not exactly helpful. It just shows a large open area.
I'll check it out again when i fire the game up soon.

daviyoung

Banned
I have, and she asks me
something along the lines of when i'm going to get the job done, or don't forget about the job. I have seen a map, though it's not exactly helpful. It just shows a large open area.

You get a rough photo of the area, that's it. There's no map or icon to tell you where to go, just the area they're hiding in

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have, and she asks me

You just have to
look at the photo she sends you and try to find the area on the map that matches it. For the first bounty, I believe she even writes in the email what the area is. Of course, that will not help much if you haven't discovered the whole map yet (although you could of couse just look at the paper map you got with the game).

Brizzo24

You just have to
look at the photo she sends you and try to find the area on the map that matches it. For the first bounty, I believe she even writes in the email what the area is. Of course, that will not help much if you haven't discovered the whole map yet (although you could of couse just look at the paper map you got with the game).

Awesome, thanks! I kept thinking I was missing something, or that a
hit icon, or area of the map would be colored in on where to look—along the lines of the Barry/Franklin drug stash, or paparazzi zones
. I'll also uncover the entire map, so that I have visual access to everything.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Oops
I beat the game.

Only got
16 mil
payout for my characters. I guess it's a good thing that I saved the Lester missions for last.

Jamie OD

Now whenever I hear "I Can't Wait" by Steve Nicks on the rock station, I think of
Trevor and Patricia. That was the song on the radio when he returned her back to Martin Madrazo. They were meant for each other, damn it. *sniff*

Gorillaz

The police mechanics are the best they have ever been but got damn they are still annoying. I think it should have still been 6 stars as well because there seems to be this weird mix of 2 and 3 level threat. Takes a good min to hid out from cops as well even with a 2 star.

Tawpgun

Should have definitley mobilized the military for 6 stars.

1 star: No shooting, cops will just try and capture you.
2 star: Shooting with pistols
3 star: more cops, shotguns used. Maybe a passive helicopter.
4 star: 2+ helo's, helo passengers shoot at you. More cops, roadblocks/spike strips
5 star: Noose out in full force
6 star: national guard.

Can you save stolen planes anywhere? Do you have to play as Michael to save it in the hangar he can buy, or as Trevor to save it in his hangar?

need to know now, time is a factor

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can you save stolen planes anywhere? Do you have to play as Michael to save it in the hangar he can buy, or as Trevor to save it in his hangar?

I'm pretty sure you can. When I bought the hangar it said "Planes you store or purchase will be saved here."

It's that for cars I know so I expect its the same for cars.

FStop7

Banned
I can't seem to find the first bounty mission as Trevor. Old email says the target is in the quarry...

It took me forever and a day to even find the quarry.

The next one is even worse, I can't tell where on earth it is. I think I'm going to cave in and get the strategy guide to finish these out. Which is just what R* wants me to do... :(

Muffdraul

Which is where?

From what I recall, eastern edge of the map, a bit north from the map's equator. Definitely in Blaine Co. but not too far up north. The lines on the map are identical to the roads and terrain shown in the photo.

Top Bottom