• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Arcteryx

So I just found a huge interior that as far as I know is unused in the story, I never entered before and I finished the game. I was just walking down the Vinewood boulevard and randomly decided to go up against a door, lo and behold it opens and reveals a huge bank. The building is called Pacific Standard Public Deposit Bank and is just west of the Doppler Cinema, the door is in the corner. Maybe to be used for GTA: Online?

There's some other banks along the PCH coast that have interiors too; I'm guessing they are for GTAO too.

Also: I thought the parachutes were available for ALL characters in aircraft. Apparently I was wrong because I just fell to my death as Michael. I was in the blimp, maybe it's certain aircraft only? I know I got a text saying something like "parachutes available in all aircraft" :(

DodgerSan

I switch back to Franklin, he's at his house, chilling by the pool.

Hold on - who are these clowns? A couple are sitting on the edge of the pool, kicking their feet in the water. Another couple stands behind them talking. Who are these invaders on my back deck?

I find I can't quite connect with a punch, and topple into the pool. Now I'm wet AND angry. Time for some more... persuasive methods. I wave a shot gun at them, they start shouting but still won't move (The other couple run). I put a couple of rounds into the floor - I want them gone, not floating in my pool - same refusal to depart.

So I drop a grenade into the pool. A gout of water sprays up and they shout some more but they still. Don't. Leave.

Another grenade, a little closer. Too close. They get caught in the blast and are killed. Well, that's what you get for not getting the hell out of my...

I realise I'm at my next door neighbour's house.

There's some other banks along the PCH coast that have interiors too; I'm guessing they are for GTAO too.

Also: I thought the parachutes were available for ALL characters in aircraft. Apparently I was wrong because I just fell to my death as Michael. I was in the blimp, maybe it's certain aircraft only? I know I got a text saying something like "parachutes available in all aircraft" :(

I think that's the only aircraft that doesn't give you a parachute.

There is no way to make money on (weekly) properties, is there? Surely it isn't as it seems, where I would have to wait like 5 years in-game to turn a profit?

Andrew.

Banned

Hold on - who are these clowns? A couple are sitting on the edge of the pool, kicking their feet in the water. Another couple stands behind them talking. Who are these invaders on my back deck?

I find I can't quite connect with a punch, and topple into the pool. Now I'm wet AND angry. Time for some more... persuasive methods. I wave a shot gun at them, they start shouting but still won't move (The other couple run). I put a couple of rounds into the floor - I want them gone, not floating in my pool - same refusal to depart.

So I drop a grenade into the pool. A gout of water sprays up and they shout some more but they still. Don't. Leave.

Another grenade, a little closer. Too close. They get caught in the blast and are killed. Well, that's what you get for not getting the hell out of my...

LOL

Tawpgun

LOL

That's great. Trying to contain laughter at work here XD

Pennybags

Same website! Doesn't shoot though :/

I'm sure it doesn't, but does it at least have spikestrips?

I also just realized that the autoshotgun isn't given to you during the course of the story missions. I had to start another playthrough when I was halfway into the game. On the new save, I've completed the story without using Ammunation voluntarily.

Megasoum

Banned

Speaking of which...I always find that a bit annoying that Franklin is pretty much always at home... I mean...
It's a nice house but it's the middle of the hills and it takes forever to get out of there.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a link to that tracks that first plays when Franklin and Lemar try to escape an ambush from the ballas? It's one of the scores with that funky tune.

protonion

Speaking of which...I always find that a bit annoying that Franklin is pretty much always at home... I mean...
It's a nice house but it's the middle of the hills and it takes forever to get out of there.

I'm near the end and still don't know where the door is! I go out of the balcony door and jump down losing half my heatlh every time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Hahah, I did this last night. Jumped to his neighbor and saw what looked like a party.

VEfw2jW.jpg

I even tried to do the exact same as you, punch the same people sitting by the pool to no avail. So they made me angry and I used a shotgun instead. Everyone ran for the hills.

PRJ8E41.jpg

It didn't work out.

Concept17

I couldn't imagine following a guide to do it. Why put yourself through that?

I'll find as many as my natural inclination for exploration nets me.

I'm not very far into the game (maybe 20%) and I've done a lot of wandering around... what are all the collectibles exactly? I haven't come across anything.

beastmode

So I just found a huge interior that as far as I know is unused in the story, I never entered before and I finished the game. I was just walking down the Vinewood boulevard and randomly decided to go up against a door, lo and behold it opens and reveals a huge bank. The building is called Pacific Standard Public Deposit Bank and is just west of the Doppler Cinema, the door is in the corner. Maybe to be used for GTA: Online?
Fought with cops in there and musical score started, too.

cdkee

Banned
Yesterday I visited Franklin's house as Michael to see if he was there (went through the bedroom patio). I then brought Franklin home, thought it was amusing that Michael, staring at a wall in Franklin's kitchen, says "are you following me kid?"

Gorillaz

Was Trevors "Get my dick out again" line cut from the game? I finished the game but never heard it

Merryweather Weapon heist, if you started off with Trevor when it came to setting up the heist, then you hear it. Other wise if you walk in with Mike or Frank all you see is the one guy just rub his leg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I find I can't quite connect with a punch, and topple into the pool. Now I'm wet AND angry. Time for some more... persuasive methods. I wave a shot gun at them, they stloart shouting but still won't move (The other couple run). I put a couple of rounds into the floor - I want them gone, not floating in my pool - same refusal to depart.

10/10

I'm not very far into the game (maybe 20%) and I've done a lot of wandering around... what are all the collectibles exactly? I haven't come across anything.
I've come across three snippets from a letter (out of 50 I think?). Part of a murder mystery.

And a few assorted weapons and body armor drops. Not collectibles but still handy when you run into them.

But in general, if the collectibles are placed in interesting spots, chances are I will find em eventually. If Rockstar put them where only a guide could allow you to find them, then I just won't find em, because I'm not into that stuff.

really do wish the whole side objecture pass/fail rating screen didn't popup the first time you finish a mission (makes sense on replays). it just bums ya out when you failed all the side stuff that you knew nothing about doing and the description doesn't explain shit!

kiyomi

Amazing. lol

Merryweather Weapon heist, if you started off with Trevor when it came to setting up the heist, then you hear it. Other wise if you walk in with Mike or Frank all you see is the one guy just rub his leg

Ohhh thanks.

But in this video you can't hear it, but you are playing for Trevor

EDIT: Depends on option you choose. 2 different cutscenes for 2 different heist options.

kris.

Banned
Was Trevors "Get my dick out again" line cut from the game? I finished the game but never heard it

I switched over to him once and he was chasing an SUV down the waterworks in LS shouting, "I'm sorry, I swear I'll never get my dick out again!!"

Dunno if that's what you are talking about, but I was laughing my ass off at it.

Also I've tried so many different ways to get into Fort Zancudo but every time I get blowed the fuck up. I even ran in with a tank. Those dudes are armed.

Good game but some minor issues:

1) Melee hand to hand fighting isn't as good as I hoped it'd be. No combo hits?

2) Driving while shooting is hard.

3) I don't feel any consequences of accidentally running over someone or stealing a car. How about some police response, ambulance, etc. Was GTA always like this?

Pennybags

Also I've tried so many different ways to get into Fort Zancudo but every time I get blowed the fuck up. I even ran in with a tank. Those dudes are armed.

If you use a really fast car and jump over one of the gate sides, it delays the military response for a handful of seconds. That could make all the difference if you are trying to steal something.

Gaz_RB

really do wish the whole side objecture pass/fail rating screen didn't popup the first time you finish a mission (makes sense on replays). it just bums ya out when you failed all the side stuff that you knew nothing about doing and the description doesn't explain shit!

I like it, but I agree it should be toggle-able.

After you beat a mission, you can go inside the start menu and see the descriptions for the side objectives, btw.

Good game but some minor issues:

1) Melee hand to hand fighting isn't as good as I hoped it'd be. No combo hits?

2) Driving while shooting is hard.

3) I don't feel any consequences of accidentally running over someone or stealing a car. How about some police response, ambulance, etc. Was GTA always like this?

3) normally youre fine with stealing a car or running someone over unless a cop is there to see you do it. There's a lot less random cops around in GTAV

kiyomi

Are you trying to do it just for fun?
Or for that heist where you need the chopper
?

Top Bottom