• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

LifEndz

About 40 percent in and haven't seen one hooker. Are they still in the game, and if so, where?

The Strip Club FPS lap dance view is crazy. So good I can quell any strip club desire by simply going to the strip club in this game. Love the little details too. I went the first time, took a stripper home, hit it, picked her up again a few days later for the same and didn't see her for a good minute because I got caught up doing other stuff. Then I went by the club because I was in the area and she walks by me and says "hi, franklin." Simply dope. I was going to get a different girl but her calling my character by name was such a cool touch i had to get a dance from her. I got a dance, she said I better be taking her home, and on the drive home she just randomly starts giving me head. This game......wow.

Gaz_RB

Can somebody fill me in on something story-wise that I missed?

I just completed the
Blitz mission and delivered some package to a guy named Devin. Apparently he's a friend of that d-bag Steve from the FIB but I don't remember Steve ever mentioning the guy and honestly I don't even remember why I was doing the mission. I haven't played in a couple days and the last thing I did was grab all of the stuff like masks, getaway car, garbage truck, etc. but I don't remember how the mission originated or who is behind it. And why am I delivering an evelope to this Devin guy when all we stole was cash? Did Steve and Dave send me on this mission to rob an IAA truck or something?

It almost feels like I skipped part of the story or something because I don't remember anything. I played the Merryweather Heist between the time I started this Devin mission collecting all of the stuff I needed and then actually completing it so I'm lost on the story now.

If I remember correctly, the whole reason you were hitting the security truck was to get the files so you could give it to Devin. The cash inside was just your payment. Also, Devin was at the torture scene earlier as well, which is where you meet him.

Andrew.

Banned
About 40 percent in and haven't seen one hooker. Are they still in the game, and if so, where?

The Strip Club FPS lap dance view is crazy. So good I can quell any strip club desire by simply going to the strip club in this game. Love the little details too. I went the first time, took a stripper home, hit it, picked her up again a few days later for the same and didn't see her for a good minute because I got caught up doing other stuff. Then I went by the club because I was in the area and she walks by me and says "hi, franklin." Simply dope. I was going to get a different girl but her calling my character by name was such a cool touch i had to get a dance from her. I got a dance, she said I better be taking her home, and on the drive home she just randomly starts giving me head. This game......wow.

NOW THATS A FUCKING STORY.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I can't control a fucking helicopter for shit

learn to hold all the way forward when travelling, if you need altitude let the stick go to raise as much as needed.

also do flight school.

Since the game has moon phases and all -- anyone noticed if tides work? I'm standing with Trevor's toes at the water line and I don't think they are, but this game has so many crazy details I wouldn't doubt it.

jet1911

What's up guys, just woke up.

0_0.jpg

torontoml

So with gta online starting next week, would it be a reasonable assumption to put money into HAL, AMU, and LSC? Since those three will likely go up with everyone online using all three, right? Or am I way off base in how this stuff should work?

Derrick01

Banned
Damn this random event I just did paid off nicely. After a phone call about 5 minutes after I did it I got $60,000 wired to my account. More H&L stocks!

If I remember correctly, the whole reason you were hitting the security truck was to get the files so you could give it to Devin. The cash inside was just your payment. Also, Devin was at the torture scene earlier as well, which is where you meet him.

Ah ok I remember him leaving right before Trevor got down to business. Cool, ok so I remember the dude but I guess I need to pay better attention because I don't remember Steve giving me the mission.

Thanks for piecing that together for me.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So I woke up on a beach as Trevor, in my underwear. Started walking around aimlessly exploring and spotted a farmhouse a ways away. As I approached there were two old ladies on the front porch talking - they see me and start yelling. "You git now!", "Fuck off!" "You have the devil in you!", then one of em shoves me while the other calls the cops. That's when I hightailed it into the hills.

I love this game. Its the small random stuff that can really stick with you.

Trevor is just amazing. I loaded a game with him, and he was strolling out of a strip club taking a deep whiff of a pair of panties. He then puts them into his back pocket without so much as a word, and I regain control.

Derrick01

Banned
Dammit HAL is going back up but I put all my money in PIS and it's still at 2.69.

The beer one? That stock is on a constant tanking spree, don't buy that yet. It went from 14-15 when I bought a bunch of it to 5 in like 3 days and now it's gone even lower. It's good to see HAL is going back up though.

The beer one? That stock is on a constant tanking spree, don't buy that yet. It went from 14-15 when I bought a bunch of it to 5 in like 3 days and now it's gone even lower. It's good to see HAL is going back up though.

It was at 2.40 something earlier then raised to 2.69, so I thought it might be on an upswing, HAL dropped almost a $1 so I panicked and sold it.

MattDoza

I never started the bail bonds missions after the encounter with Maude. And the text/email from Maude isn't saved on T's phone anymore. So, how do I start these again?

Arcteryx

I never started the bail bonds missions after the encounter with Maude. And the text/email from Maude isn't saved on T's phone anymore. So, how do I start these again?

I think they might be timed, because I went to a location(after looking it up) and the guy wasn't there on multiple occasions.

Yerolo

Best way is to just bring him in. I dont think you need the text msg on your phone to do it.
Go to the Quarry on the eastern side of the map, and you'll see him parked in a pickup truck near the centre (not sure how else to explain it....it took me a while to find him actually)

The Maude missions are difficult though..Im only on the 2nd one, and I have nfi where to start looking.

I think they might be timed, because I went to a location(after looking it up) and the guy wasn't there on multiple occasions.

I don't think they are...I left the 1st Maude mission until almost the end of the game and he was still there

Forced myself to put down the game because I was laughing too much. I was driving as Franklin in the mountains, when the car hit a rock and slowly flew up 20 feet into the air while spinning, almost as if there was no gravity. As it gracefully came down Franklin calmly said "This don't make no fucking sense." before it exploded.

Speaking of which, I dislike how whenever it seems the hood of my car hits something after flying through the air, it explodes, no matter how little damage the car had taken before. I know with the realism and all, but cmon Rockstar.

So, I just got to that scene that everyone has been talking about. I'm kind of split on it. Spoilers to follow, but if you don't know what I'm talking about it's the one with Trevor that everyone has been cringing about.

On the one hand, I get what they were going for and Trevor is still amazing to me as a character, but on the other hand the scene is about five years too late. What I'm talking about is the torture scene. It's this heavy handed message about how torture doesn't get you the information you need, which is obvious and a discussion, by the nature of video game development, is a few years behind current events. No shit water boarding is torture. I say that I like Trevor in that I think he's a disgusting human being and forcing people to torture someone else is this obvious thing about how torture is bad. I just wonder if the typical GTA player gets it. Sure, I felt disgusted after the torture mission. That was the point, as it seems with all of Trevor's missions. I get it. I'm just worried if the typical GTA player is doing pump fists in the air during that scene or if they get the heavy handed commentary.

Did a random event where a
lady down an alley was screaming for help because her partner is having a heart attack. As i walk up the stair her and him pull a gun on me.

Even after ready a similar event in this forum i was still caught off guard.

Amazing game. I really hope they inject tons more random events e.t.c as the game progresses and i will be stuck in this world for months.

Also im constantly getting online account disabled when trying to take photos and save them. Is this because im not a gold member ? if so that sucks.

Arcteryx

lady down an alley was screaming for help because her partner is having a heart attack. As i walk up the stair her and him pull a gun on me.

Amazing game. I really hope they inject tons more random events e.t.c as the game progresses and i will be stuck in this world for months.

Also im constantly getting online account disabled when trying to take photos and save them. Is this because im not a gold member ? if so that sucks.

That was one of the first mini-events to happen to me in-game; after all my time in RDR...I still fell for that shit.

Where can in find tank tops for Michael? Only have the default off white one.

Check the high-end clothing store(go to the back behind the cashier)

So additional haircuts and beards unlock at some point? Ive seen pics of several cuts and dos that I have yet to see in game even past the halfway point

I thought so too, but nope. The CE gets some extra stuff and you can get a new hair/beard combo for each by linking your Social Club to your console account. Kind of disappointing honestly.

Dead

well not really...yet
So additional haircuts and beards unlock at some point? Ive seen pics of several cuts and dos that I have yet to see in game even past the halfway point

scarlet

Link your id to social club or go to bob mullet near Michael's home.

Michael is probably my fave video games character.

Edit: thank you arcteryx, never explore the back area.

DominoKid

every time i went across one of those random events i had my finger on LB ready for some bullshit to go down.

Is it just me or does Franklin have the most/best/most diverse clothes in the game?

P.S. So excited I saw a cow so I killed it.

Where can in find tank tops for Michael? Only have the default off white one.
Ponsonbys in the back room near the changing/dressing room.

Imm0rt4l

finished the game yesterday, played with stock market today and topped michael off at 1.9 billion....gotdamn. Frank and T are sitting at ~1.4

Top Bottom