• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Andrew.

Banned
Completely agree. The more you get to know Trevor, the more you love him.

Especially when you see him shirtless and see his RIP Michael tattoo. Also, hanging out with Trevor as Michael after the story is finished has a lot of good Trevor stuff too.

Oh man getting all three of them to hang out post-endgame is great stuff too.

"Hey Michael, remember me? Im going out on a date with Franklin. Wanna come chaperone?"

Rizsparky

Achievement32.png

Woohoo.

Did most the bridges with a regular helicopter. Many of them are impossible with a plane anyway.
The knife flights with a stunt plane I bought.
How are we supposed to track which bridges are remaining?

Jhoan

I did the obvious way and
made over 200 mil, after crew and Lester's cut each character got about 30 million
I think it's a guaranteed
200 million either way but the aggressive/obvious approach yields more money. Did you use top tier crew members with high percentage cuts or low tier that you trained and leveled up?

Rockstar please patch a mixtape option into this game, pleeeaaaaase.
Having a custom soundtrack as one of the radio stations would be amazing.

As it is, after I've done the campaign missions I'm going to do for the night I put my phone on sleep mode, put on the custom soundtrack (360) and just free roam for kicks and exploration. Love it.

And gotta say, this soundtrack is a little disappointing. It has almost none of the tracks I actually wanted from the game. Is the menu music even on this thing?

Alright somebody give me a hint about bounty number two! Not too obvious, homies
The picture you've got aligns with the map perfectly. And there's only one area with that mix of features.

Took me a while of helicopter scouting to find it, but diligence paid off. I only wish I didn't accidentally kill him when he ran. But what are you going to do? You don't send Trevor in when you want subtlety.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So what is actually causing these stocks to drop and rise? I sorta get some in theory, like other players blowing up certain airplanes to make the stock of the other rise, but why is pisswasser for example tanking and now rising?

Also I can't seem to get Franklin or Lamar to play tennis. Dafuq is this.

MYeager

I think it's a guaranteed
200 million either way but the aggressive/obvious approach yields more money. Did you use top tier crew members with high percentage cuts or low tier that you trained and leveled up?

Both.
One top tier gunman and driver, and one leveled up gunman and driver that I obtained from random events

Gaz_RB

So what is actually causing these stocks to drop and rise? I sorta get some in theory, like other players blowing up certain airplanes to make the stock of the other rise, but why is pisswasser for example tanking and now rising?

Also I can't seem to get Franklin or Lamar to play tennis. Dafuq is this.

Cause they're black dude. /casualracism

The picture you've got aligns with the map perfectly. And there's only one area with that mix of features.

Took me a while of helicopter scouting to find it, but diligence paid off. I only wish I didn't accidentally kill him when he ran. But what are you going to do? You don't send Trevor in when you want subtlety.

I used a helicopter for those missions too. That was probably one of my favorite parts of the game actually, I wish there had been more of them. I don't think they would have been nearly as fun if I had used any other vehicle

The other important scene involving T is when he visits Franklin
and trips over the white fence. F's reaction and then Trevors reaction, followed by Franklin being honest and breaking things down for him really struck a chord with me. You then see Trevor for a split second have some fun fucking with him (he actually laughs after making F flinch) and then it's like you see him literally going to war against some personal demons "Nooooo Im not funny..." *looks up at Franklin* "I had.....a messed up childhood" (or something along those lines).

Theres a few key scenes involving him where you can see, under all of his psychologiocal and emotional detritus, that there really is a caring, somewhat normal human being in there that desperatley wants to get out but doesnt know how to.

Except
the "I had a hard childhood" line is Trevor's constant and only defense against perceived criticism in the game. It's played for laughs most of the time since it's such a poor excuse, but in that scene specifically it's really pathetic. It's what he tells everyone who confronts him. If anything that scene is really sad because it cements how beyond repair Trevor is.

Lunzio

Anybody have some comprehensive tips with stock market stuff post-Lester missions? (non-BAWSAQ preferably)

Played the assassination missions with no foresight so I could use much more money for Michael.

Derrick01

Banned
:lol at this tweet from the Apple parody in the game

"Open source is like an open asshole- It's nice to play with for a bit- but mostly shit comes out. #DronePhoneSux"

Also my HAL stock says it's at 5.51 right now.

cormack12

Gold Member
Can anyone give me a hint on a side mission related to Epsilon? Up to the part with the $25,000 payment.....

I've done most of the mission, but I'm now at the point where I have to wear the robes for 10 consecutive days. Michael keeps changing his wardrobe? Can I force him to wear the robes?

Overdoziz

Banned
:lol at this tweet from the Apple parody in the game

"Open source is like an open asshole- It's nice to play with for a bit- but mostly shit comes out. #DronePhoneSux"

Also my HAL stock says it's at 5.51 right now.
Said 6.03 in-game for me just now on 360.
Pißwasser also increased in value.

$$$

Andrew.

Banned
Can anyone give me a hint on a side mission related to Epsilon? Up to the part with the $25,000 payment.....

I've done most of the mission, but I'm now at the point where I have to wear the robes for 10 consecutive days. Michael keeps changing his wardrobe? Can I force him to wear the robes?

Just go to your house and sleep in your bed while wearing them. Spam it. Itll take a bit, but you get notifications above the mini map letting you know how long youve been wearing them.

Nope, you're just going to have to play as him and wear them. Dying or saving and speeding up time may count as time wearing them, but I'm not 100% sure.

Derrick01

Banned
Said 6.03 in-game for me just now on 360.
Pißwasser also increased in value.

$$$

I wonder why it's saying different stuff for everyone when it's supposed to be the market that runs off the servers. You'd think they would be the same for everyone.

Well I mean besides it being very buggy still that is.

Overdoziz

Banned
I wonder why it's saying different stuff for everyone when it's supposed to be the market that runs off the servers. You'd think they would be the same for everyone.

My guess is that they just don't update on the same time. There seems to be a difference between the Social Club website, 360, PS3 and even between your own portfolio in-game and the market listing in-game. It's definitely a buggy.

My guess is that they just don't update on the same time. There seems to be a difference between the Social Club website, 360, PS3 and even between your own portfolio in-game and the market listing in-game. It's definitely a buggy.

Finding out which one updates first would be advantageous.

Voidance

Perhaps there is an individualized component that is based off your actions. Put another way, maybe 50 percent of the stock price is based off the servers and the other 50 comes from how many guns you buy (in the case of H&L). Pure speculation, but it could explain how the general dynamic and noted disparities.

Edit: No idea how this could be applied to Pisswasser though.

NeoGiff

Should we have a community thread dedicated to manipulating BAWSAQ? Seems like it'd be a good idea to have all of the tips, current trends etc. in one easily accessible place.

Andrew.

Banned
Cheers, was hoping to avoid something stupid like that. It's crazy. I stuck him in them, changed character to T for literally two minutes. Cuts back and Michael is in different clothes near his pool. Go to see Dr. and he comes out wearing different ones again!!!! Nightmare......

Dude, just go to Michaels house, change into the Epsilon robes and just go right to bed. Spam sleeping/saving. He wont change his clothes and it counts towards the ten days. It works. No issues. Ive done it. Trust me.

Rembrandt

Banned
Anyone know if GTA:O is going to have the stock market as well? I kind of hope it doesn't, as it's buggy as shit lately.

It does and it's supposedly fueled by player interaction. (Blowing up cars to raise competitor's stock, etc) It'll be buggy as fuck for probably a week or two.

Derrick01

Banned
So I just found a seemingly random (possible location spoiler)
weed farm
while collectible hunting. Turns out you can raid it once a week and I got almost $50,000 for doing it. And I got the collectible I was looking for, double win!

Anyone know if GTA:O is going to have the stock market as well? I kind of hope it doesn't, as it's buggy as shit lately.

Yeah it should. My idea was to get as much money as you can within the first few days since we all start at 0 and then put some into the Maze bank stock. When those microtransaction cards were announced a few days ago Duckroll mentioned he heard an ad for them on the game's radio so I'm figuring the stock for it will be tied to how many people are buying microtransactions. Make money while lazy people spend their real money!

It's just a theory for now though.

MYeager

Except
the "I had a hard childhood" line is Trevor's constant and only defense against perceived criticism in the game. It's played for laughs most of the time since it's such a poor excuse, but in that scene specifically it's really pathetic. It's what he tells everyone who confronts him. If anything that scene is really sad because it cements how beyond repair Trevor is.

For that scene
it works because you can see how on edge he is after finding out about Michael/Brad

Playing this game a bit drunk is total blast :D
Picking up whiskey after work, because, you know, stuff. And I think I'm in the final stretch of the campaign and want something to chase with those tears...

... before I lose myself in free roam and side missions and general exploration and location scouting.

weed farm
while collectible hunting. Turns out you can raid it once a week and I got almost $50,000 for doing it. And I got the collectible I was looking for, double win!
Is it (possible location spoiler)
a sawmill by chance?
because I just left such an area on more official business last night.

I used a helicopter for those missions too. That was probably one of my favorite parts of the game actually, I wish there had been more of them. I don't think they would have been nearly as fun if I had used any other vehicle
Same here. And it was nice to see Red Dead's treasure hunts make some kind of appearance here. Would love for there to be some more with DLC or through the content creator.

duckroll

weed farm

Holy shit. The things in this game. :bow Rockstar

torontoml

Getting a jet really annoyed me, I tried using a tank, parachuting in, flying in low. But I was only able to get out cleanly driving through the front gate with the suburban like such.

What a pain.

Top Bottom