• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dreaver

Decided to go to the beach with my vehicle. Sadly, my vehicle didn't fit in the parking spot, so I had to improvise.

1014450_10201466013803690_791943653_n.jpg

Sorry for the terrible quality, still can't use the images thing... It still says cloud service is unavailable.

Arcteryx

SMH @ gaining stars while chasing fugitives because I'm trying to SHOOT OUT HIS TIRES. Y'KNOW THE NON-VIOLENT WAY.

Rockstar THINK

yea the wanted levels are kind of quirky this time around. Last night I was cruising through an intersection, got t-boned by someone being chased by 2 cop cars, the guy apparently died in the crash, and somehow the cops decided I was to blame...and unloaded on my car killing me.

The worst one was a female cop who didn't like me walking on the same side of the street as her apparently. She just started yelling at me to back the fuck up and then wasted me in the middle of the sidewalk.

kris.

Banned
yea the wanted levels are kind of quirky this time around. Last night I was cruising through an intersection, got t-boned by someone being chased by 2 cop cars, the guy apparently died in the crash, and somehow the cops decided I was to blame...and unloaded on my car killing me.

The worst one was a female cop who didn't like me walking on the same side of the street as her apparently. She just started yelling at me to back the fuck up and then wasted me in the middle of the sidewalk.

Sounds like LA police, from what I've been told. Rockstar goin' for ultra realism.

SMH @ gaining stars while chasing fugitives because I'm trying to SHOOT OUT HIS TIRES. Y'KNOW THE NON-VIOLENT WAY.

Rockstar THINK
You'd get the stars even if you fired into the air. Don't see what firing into tires has to do with it. People freak out when you fire a weapon and they call the cops.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I literally just ordered a Enus Super Diamond off the internet. Get off my phone and one pulls up behind me. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

Sounds pretty close to real life in some places.

Andrew.

Banned
I literally just ordered a Enus Super Diamond off the internet. Get off my phone and one pulls up behind me. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

Is that the Rolls Royce? I had the most trouble finding that for the Epsilon crew. Ordered it off the internet and then found one parked at the country club >=\

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I highly recommend not buying any cars until the garage bugs are fixed, my friend.
Haven't had any trouble with having them delivered. Although, the only ones I bought were for the Epsilon mission and the ones I stole and put it there just sit in there right now.

Is that the Rolls Royce? I had the most trouble finding that for the Epsilon crew. Ordered it off the internet and then found one parked at the country club >=\

Yep.

I've gotten wasted a few more times than I'd like to admit from being in the wrong fucking neighborhood. At least they usually warn you first ;P

Anyone try getting the fake
Aston Martin w/machine guns, spike strips and ejector seat
outside of the missions its used in? There's got to be some kind of glitch to get use it anywhere.

Gawge

[Random Event Spoiler] -
I found a woman in a crashed car on the freeway, who was escaping a robbery. I got her number, and I could use her as a driver in heists.
She came in really useful for heists, at a really low cut.

Bit of a gta noob here ( bought and beat gta 4 but none of the others).

When do you guys do all the side missions and roaming gameplay? Once the game is beaten or during the story whenever?

The way the games story cuts from one mission almost straight into the next mission means I have been only playing the story so far. It's great but I feel like I'm misssingout on a heap of the game.

Completed. Best GTA yet, and that's really saying something. What a romp, I almost feel sorry for doubting Rockstar after IV.

And Michael is great. I'd love to see more of him in a sequel/spin-off/DLC/whatever.

Gaz_RB

And people say car deformation has been toned down!

0_0.jpg

Bit of a gta noob here ( bought and beat gta 4 but none of the others).

When do you guys do all the side missions and roaming gameplay? Once the game is beaten or during the story whenever?

The way the games story cuts from one mission almost straight into the next mission means I have been only playing the story so far. It's great but I feel like I'm misssingout on a heap of the game.

The great thing is that playing the story doesn't lock you out of anything!

I did side missions as it seemed like I would have time to during the story. But eventually it got to the point where all the missions seemed real urgent, so I just beat it and did everything afterwards.

Derrick01

Banned
Is it (possible location spoiler)
a sawmill by chance?
because I just left such an area on more official business last night.

Nah this was a bit north of
Grapeseed
on a private road that goes up and then loops down a little bit. There wasn't anything like that nearby I don't think.

Finished the story yesterday so I think I'm mostly safe to come back now.

I got more than a few annoyances but I'm too tired right now to list them aside from the one currently on my mind and that's how cows and deer (if there's bears which were mentioned in previews I haven't seen one yet) seem to have zero mass when hit. I've felt bigger impacts with people any while I'm one part fine with how they changed the damaged modeling to make cars a lot more durable on the other hand I'm disappointed, I get it but damn it just doesn't at all feel right to hit a large animal and have your little sports car come away without a scratch on it.

Oh, okay I'm annoyed that they brought back cars exploding how they do, at least it's rare from bad landings.

lol. Were you franklin?

Man, bikes really really shine in this game. You get speed, visibility, and you're so damn nimble that you open up a world of possibilities for escape routes. I'm talking the thin alleyways and even stairs. Not to mention its easier to maintain control from the huge jumps.

It's a shame the frame rate is noticeable. It's the only criticism I have of this game. Anything high speed the shit framerate creeps up. for some reason it's much better at night. Less npc's and geometry I guess.

Linius

Nah this was a bit north of
Grapeseed
on a private road that goes up and then loops down a little bit. There wasn't anything like that nearby I don't think.

Bookmarking this. That's a lot of cash for me. 41 missions in and I still haven't touched 100K except for a brief moment with Trevor :p

You'd get the stars even if you fired into the air. Don't see what firing into tires has to do with it. People freak out when you fire a weapon and they call the cops.

Do that in real life, see how the cops react.
Hell, do that in 4 or SA in front of a cop, see how he reacts.

This "real life" defense got tired 5 years ago. I don't wanna hear that. If I'm chasing bounties, give me free reign to deal with him/her how I feel as long as no civilians are getting hurt. Bad enough it's janky shooting from cars to try and capture the dude alive, which should be the challenge already, but you get stars making the whole thing even more of a mess.

As if there isn't enough wrist slapping going on all over this game. You people seem to love punishment. The Dark Souls of open world games except with none of the mechanics designed with the finesse to deal with it.

Completed. Best GTA yet, and that's really saying something. What a romp, I almost feel sorry for doubting Rockstar after IV.

And Michael is great. I'd love to see more of him in a sequel/spin-off/DLC/whatever.

That reminds me, it seems likely that if they make SP dlc, it could take place in North Yankton. There's a bunch of unused stuff on the map, so maybe.

And yeah, I don't really give a fuck about realism when it gets in the way of fun. The cops are annoyingly overzealous here. Combine that with their ridiculous accuracy and damage, and you get a recipe for frustration.

This "real life" defense got tired 5 years ago. I don't wanna hear that. If I'm chasing bounties, give me free reign to deal with him/her how I feel as long as no civilians are getting hurt. Bad enough it's janky shooting from cars to try and capture the dude alive, which should be the challenge already, but you get stars making the whole thing even more of a mess.
I prefer consistent rules. And when you know the rules in advance you plan around them, or include them in your plans, so I don't see the problem here being a lust for punishment or whatever.

Try a suppressed weapon maybe? You still don't want witnesses though otherwise they'll freak out.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm kind of annoyed with the forced no-combat/no-jumping zones, especially safehouses. Given that during some missions you can run and jump and shoot in these areas, there seems to be no point besides limiting what the player can do. Oh, and Rockstar seems to be dedicated to making trams the most boring thing in the game. They've got the forced walk thing when you're so much as near them in the station, and what's worse, if you do manage to climb on top of one, you get an instant two-star wanted level and the tram won't budge until you get off.

Why Rockstar? Why?

Also, not being able to take photos when riding the train just seems silly.

kris.

Banned

As if there isn't enough wrist slapping going on all over this game. You people seem to love punishment. The Dark Souls of open world games except with none of the mechanics designed with the finesse to deal with it.

Then go play Saint's Row? GTA has always been like that.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So I finished it. I liked it. I liked it a lot. But I can't help but feel I had more fun with San Andreas and Vice City. As it stands it's the best Grand Theft Auto-game but not the most fun.

Going to replay it soon for 100% and Grand Theft Auto Online.

It also marks the first time I've bought a game at full price retail since Skyrim

BigDug13

Honestly I think that's a fairly decent satirical portrayal of the current Militarization and trigger-happiness of our police.

Robin64

Trying to do a mission where investing on a BAWSAQ listing would benefit a lot. A hell of a lot. But that market never seems to work.

Really damn annoying.

kris.

Banned
Surprise, the fucking Saints Row defense again. Some of us would rather not play a pile of shit just because of a few minor things it does better.

I'm just saying, in what reality would you firing bullets into another car driving at high speeds in the middle of a crowded city not incur the wrath of the police? Video game or not. It would be horribly silly if there was zero reaction. Quit whining and just enjoy the game.

mazillion

So I beat the game but I never saw the scene from one of the trailers where Trevor is trying to flush a foot down a toilet. Did I miss that or was I just not paying attention when it happened?

TheContact

Just switched to Trevor and he was passed out high on crystal meth. The screen is blurry and he can't walk or drive straight lol. Good thing is he was right near a scrap paper collectable

I'm just saying, in what reality would you firing bullets into another car driving at high speeds in the middle of a crowded city not incur the wrath of the police? Video game or not. It would be horribly silly if there was zero reaction. Quit whining and just enjoy the game.

Not asking for no reaction, but more leeway. Currently, you can't so much as sneeze without the cops being on your nuts. Also, this isn't real life.

Top Bottom