• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Ha, wow.

Is this a GAF first? Questionable mechanics are now part of GTAV's "satire," guys.

Seriously, as much as I am loving this game, the unwillingness to accept valid criticism is hitting an all-time high with this game.

Don't forget that this series exists thanks to a glitch in a racing game that made other cars ludicrously aggressive.

Obviously we're a ways beyond that now, but hyper cops is sort of a series staple.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Spend all this money on R&D for immersion
still let this late game bug happen
original

Andrew.

Banned
I've not played this since achieving 100% completion.

I need some fun things to do.

Replay missions for gold medals. Very satisfying, especially since 90% of the missions are fucking amazing and the objectives stack n' stay so its not like you need to nail every single objective in one run.

Your entire arsenal also carries over for replaying missions. Not sure if you can still build up stats but its close enough to a NG+ for me =D

I found all of the collectibles, but there is no way I'm doing all 50 stump jumps.

I did 25 of them, and that was more than enough. I hate them so, so much.

I'm going to be tackling all 50 tonight. Going to get bikes saved for all the characters, divide and conquer across the map.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Just finished getting all 50 Spaceship parts. Tomorrow morning will be Knife Flights (keep fucking crashing), letter scraps and stunt jumps then I'm 100%! Then I'll cool off from the game for a while and when I return I'll go for all gold medals, trophies and do all the stuff not required for 100% Oh and Online of course.

I've not played this since achieving 100% completion.

I need some fun things to do.
There's stuff that isn't required for 100% completion. Check the R* Social Club site on your PC for a full list of things you haven't done (link your PSN/360 account to a R* account and sign in through the pause menu of the game, unless you've done it).

Not to mention the gold medals as Andrew suggested. Also trophies that don't fall into the aforementioned categories.

Is that really a bug? I thought it was just a byproduct of the way the game caches cars.

Nah it's a bug. Similar thing happened to me recently except it was a mix of that truck + the Jeep Wrangler looking one. Very annoying. Early in the game there was a lot of vehicle variety, but every now and again it'll be the same jeeps spawning all over the place.

And finally with the mission "I Fought The Law..." this starts to feel like a buddy comedy. All the personalities and interaction worked great in that mission.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just checked my stats for funsies:

Michael: 27 hours [61%]
Franklin: 10 hours [23%]
Trevor: 7 hours [16%]

I had no idea the difference would be so big, but Michael really is my favourite character by far. Also love that I've still got 20 missions to go, I thought I was nearing the end.

Andrew.

Banned
And finally with the mission "I Fought The Law..." this starts to feel like a buddy comedy. All the personalities and interaction worked great in that mission.

That's because the game essentially is a triple buddy action comedy....with some occasional drama thrown in.

Caode

63 Hours in. 98.27% Complete.

I just did that monster triathlon. My poor thumb. 2 more street races and 13 more stunt jumps to do for the 100%. Just a few other things then to clean up the rest. It's now that period of the calm before the storm.

63 Hours in. 98.27% Complete.

I just did that monster triathlon. My poor thumb. 2 more street races and 13 more stunt jumps to do for the 100%. Just a few other things then to clean up the rest. It's now that period of the calm before the storm.

You need the stunts jumps to get 100%? No, god please no, no, nooooooooooooo

Caode

The amount of stunt jump failures i've been receiving is infuriating.

I was just saying the same thing to a friend, some fucking infuriating jumps.. you'll land it perfect as it's intended to be done, fails you. You do it the identical way about 5 tries later and it's a success.

jett

D-Member
The random side missions are all discovered, and some of them are more than they seem.

Eh, they're all right. The ones of people calling you for help aren't too bad. Random strangers requiring a ride are just taxicab rides. :p Although one funny one with Trevor
was actually a set up and I ended up blacking out and waking up in my underpants in the desert
I meant something more in the vein of a proper mission or new character, with cutscenes and whatnot.

Thanks for confirming, I too was wondering where that scene is!

Except for everything that isn't a story mission.

Uh-huh.

So I just finished collecting the paper scraps and
confronted the killer and found the whokilledleonorajohnson.com webisite and, well, somebody at Rockstar is fucked in the head.

Ultimadrago

Any tips for choosing members in future heists? Do the stats of associates truly matter in the the end result? Which job is most important to get at a high-level for smart and loud (Those are the only options I've seen thus far)?

Just beat it! 84%, 18 hours 29 minutes as trevor, 18 hours and 6 minutes as michael, 17 hours 45 as frankin.

That allocation seems rather balanced!

scarlet

So I beat the game but I never saw the scene from one of the trailers where Trevor is trying to flush a foot down a toilet. Did I miss that or was I just not paying attention when it happened?

I didn't get it too, but i got the one with Jimmy and Michael and the bike

and Trevor in
pink dress
i can't ...

So I've just finished the second 'proper' heist (where you use a picked team), I've finished all the assassination missions and each character has about $2million. Am I screwed for ever being able to get enough money to buy all the properties?

Andrew.

Banned
And whoever came up with these Epsilon grind missions deserves the opposite of a medal.

You can spam the first and then just run in wide circles for the second while you listen to Pandora. That's what I did both times. Pandora. It wasnt as painful at all. Alcohol helped as well.

But yes they are shitty. Absolutely worth it though trust me.

Goldrusher

And whoever came up with these Epsilon grind missions deserves the opposite of a medal.
That person did research...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rundown_(Scientology)
Cause Resurgence Rundown

Also known as the "running program," the CRRD involves running circles around a pole 12 hours a day, for several days, while taking mineral supplements. The program is administered to people believed to have become "PDH" (Pain, Drugs and Hypnosis), or brainwashed against Scientology, to rid them of negative thoughts. Thought to be a form of punishment.

Megasoum

Banned
So I bought the Taxi Company the other day and I had to turn down the job the first time the dude called me cause I was doing something else. He then said something like "Oh I'm sorry, I knew I shouldn't have bothered you with that" and I haven't heard anything since...

Will he call me back again?

Reule

Hoorah! My roads have variety again. Not sure if it's temporary or not. I played TLOU for a bit then hopped back onto GTA V to find all types of regular cars, sports cars, bikes, and some SUVs. I'm sure it'll revert back to jeeps or whatever vehicle the game decides to overdose me on later.

Also, I remembered something funny. I parked my car in front of the clothing store and stepped out to answer a call from Tracey as Michael. I'm talking on the phone and window shopping then hear an engine rev up behind me. I turn around to see some guy jack my car in broad daylight. I couldn't do anything because I didn't want to hang up on Tracey so as she's bitching, some guy is just driving away with Michael's car.

RS4-

Took me 20 hrs to finish, but that was pretty much all story. I didn't want to do the side stuff again as I did the majority of those on 360.

My brother did get all the SP trophies except for the 200m one.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Took me 20 hrs to finish, but that was pretty much all story. I didn't want to do the side stuff again as I did the majority of those on 360.

My brother did get all the SP trophies except for the 200m one.

Holy shit I have 22+ hours in and have only finished 22 missions.

Caode

So I bought the Taxi Company the other day and I had to turn down the job the first time the dude called me cause I was doing something else. He then said something like "Oh I'm sorry, I knew I shouldn't have bothered you with that" and I haven't heard anything since...

Will he call me back again?

Yes

Top Bottom