• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How is this still happening to people?

Current gen console 'publishing' makes it so they charge publishers for patches unlike PC where they can dump them out whenever. Will be fixed with the new consoles, but with this, it sounds like we'll have to wait until the GTAO patch to see this fixed.

Derrick01

Banned
So what are the benefits to doing some of these property management missions that pop up? I only have the marijuana shop and I've done a few of them but nothing seems to happen after I complete them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what are the benefits to doing some of these property management missions that pop up? I only have the marijuana shop and I've done a few of them but nothing seems to happen after I complete them.

There's no benefit, if you don't do them, you don't get paid that week.

Current gen console 'publishing' makes it so they charge publishers for patches unlike PC where they can dump them out whenever. Will be fixed with the new consoles, but with this, it sounds like we'll have to wait until the GTAO patch to see this fixed.

What I mean is, how are people still not aware of the bug? Put your expensive cars in the 4-car garage people.

Derrick01

Banned
There's no benefit, if you don't do them, you don't get paid that week.

Well that's annoying. Rockstar's doing the opposite of what should be happening in a game like this, forcing us to do certain things or else! It doesn't even pay that much per week to be worth the hassle of going out of my way to do them.

edit: Saw another fake tweet that I can definitely relate to lately. "I wish just one time when I search my symptoms the internet would say "chill, you're totally fine""

Megasoum

Banned

FYI Console manufacturer stopped charging for patching a while ago.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What I mean is, how are people still not aware of the bug? Put your expensive cars in the 4-car garage people.

For me it was because I modded the car early in the game and then
got exiled to the desert
. When I went back to the house it was gone.

I know it's mainly my fault for not moving it to the big garage so there's that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sleeping Dogs it was just a shooting mechanic though. Different use. Also, I'm pretty sure you could do that in Stranglehold.

Finished the game at 80%. The game has its lows, but the highs are so high that it's not worth holding it back for that. Definitely my favorite GTA, which means... my favorite game since San Andreas was my favorite before. For people saying there's no 'main villain' there sure are a shit ton of people that you really despise throughout the game. The most living world in a video game yet, and I know I'll be back to do collectibles and mess with the online. It says a lot that I'm the kind of person in San Andreas to run through every 'open' building and try to look at every inch of a building when I just had to let stuff go in V because there was no way I could explore all of it.

I also hope this games sales leads to some more games in the genre, since it's my favorite. Hopefully it lights a fire under Square to publish another Sleeping Dogs(do they even own the IP or did they just buy publishing rights from Activision?) or Mafia 3(though I keep hearing this exists.) A dream scenario would be Rockstar buying UFG and getting the director to help with Bully 2 then make Sleeping Dogs 2.

And as a side: I think Lester's really underrated. I thought his voice acting was amazing, but even better was the way they showed him emote in the cutscenes.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What's the dog for? Is he gonna be ok if I do nothing about him? I don't want to waste time doing that stuff, but I don't want him to die :S

Derrick01

Banned
I gotta say the interactions between Mike and Trevor at this stage of the game are getting increasingly awesome and well done. You can tell the actors had some nice chemistry going for it.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
This game was a fucking joy to finish. GTAIV was a chore to complete for me, but as I sit watching the credits roll after a fucking fantastic closing scene, I feel like Rockstar finally got the 3D GTA right. I've played 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4, and each one had hitches and little issues (some larger) that kept me from enjoying the main story all the way through.

I can't wait for Online.

DietRob

hmmm, need to go check real quick on how many shares I bought :lol

I keep going in and suggest that everyone else does too. The more cash you carry the more it will inevitably cost you at the hospital. Think of it as GAF's mutual fund.

duckroll

Franklin has a little over 1 million now, Michael has over 2 million. I'm looking for a big investment payout, but I'm not sure if I want to put even more money into HAL. I'm not sure if Pisswasser is a great investment either. Someone convince me where to put my money! Maybe I should just try investing on the normal exchange and blow up planes? Thoughts? I'm so indecisive! >_<

Derrick01

Banned
Franklin has a little over 1 million now, Michael has over 2 million. I'm looking for a big investment payout, but I'm not sure if I want to put even more money into HAL. I'm not sure if Pisswasser is a great investment either. Someone convince me where to put my money! Maybe I should just try investing on the normal exchange and blow up planes? Thoughts? I'm so indecisive! >_<

Stock manipulation's probably the best course of action right now. I wouldn't sink money into HAL at almost $6 a share right now especially if you already have money in it. I have no idea what to think about pisswasser. I invested when it was $15 and it crashed to where it is now so I guess it can only go up for the most part? I have no idea how it's going to go up though.

Best bet would be to buy some auto insurance and go on a vehicle rampage for a half hour to an hour and see where that takes you.

MYeager

I just made 11 million on Pisswasser tonight for Michael, trying to decide to log in and sell or see if I can get more. Ammunation appears to be dropping after staying stable, so it's probably a safe investment.

Saying that about an online fake stock market feels weird.

Trevor is like an asshole little kid that just wants to do GTA shit yet is an adult entirely conscious and reflective of this.

It's meta as fuck

Stock manipulation's probably the best course of action right now. I wouldn't sink money into HAL at almost $6 a share right now especially if you already have money in it. I have no idea what to think about pisswasser. I invested when it was $15 and it crashed to where it is now so I guess it can only go up for the most part? I have no idea how it's going to go up though.

Best bet would be to buy some auto insurance and go on a vehicle rampage for a half hour to an hour and see where that takes you.

I just made 11 million on Pisswasser tonight for Michael, trying to decide to log in and sell or see if I can get more. Ammunation appears to be dropping after staying stable, so it's probably a safe investment.

Saying that about an online fake stock market feels weird.

I made about 70 million on PIS last night and it continues to rise. I'm all about the Pisswasser right now.

DietRob

Anyone know why when you go to the ingame friends tab everyone has a Micheal avatar with a fireman helmet on? Found that a bit odd. Did I miss something?

Derrick01

Banned
Fun fact: Try to punch at the same time you're jumping.

Fun times.

Yeah I've had some pretty amazing times doing that at random points. I once headbutted a car and made it shoot up about 30 feet into the air :lol

Another thing my friend told me about is if you try to "shoot" in a car while unarmed you'll flip people off. Some pretty funny stuff can happen when you do it around the city.

TheMan

Also, disappointed with how I heard everyone say the age old GTA problem of "getting in a car > suddenly everyone is driving it" is no more. definitely not the case.

one time i think my game glitched out on me...I stole a jeep from a parking lot, and after that about 95% of the cars on the road were the same model of jeep. After driving around for a few minutes, I noticed that jeeps were being replaced with a different model of classic car, but again, 95% of the cars on the road were the exact same model. Hasn't happened again.

Derrick01

Banned
Future entry in a "Things in games that sounded great on paper but turned out to suck" thread on here- Submarine/underwater stuff in general in this game.

I gotta say the interactions between Mike and Trevor at this stage of the game are getting increasingly awesome and well done. You can tell the actors had some nice chemistry going for it.

Yeah, at the start of the game Franklin was my favorite but ever since the three have been working together I definitely feel he's the weak link. And holy shit a that runway video.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am pretty damn sure the cult vehicles all have a guaranteed spawn point at random parking places, as I followed a map and got all 5 of them with no hassle at all. Thankfully.

Future entry in a "Things in games that sounded great on paper but turned out to suck" thread on here- Submarine/underwater stuff in general in this game.
Being underwater is so great for me. Nothing has really topped the Tomb Raiders in that department yet, but I like it so far in this.

Top Bottom