• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Any tips for choosing members in future heists? Do the stats of associates truly matter in the the end result? Which job is most important to get at a high-level for smart and loud (Those are the only options I've seen thus far)?

That allocation seems rather balanced!

Yeah, I was surprised how close it all was, haha. Pretty cool.

The heist stuff doesn't matter too much unfortunately. You don't have enough chances to make it really matter, but when the times comes it always seemed like the cut difference wasn't big enough to matter too much compared to how crazy the stat differences are between people.

The Epsilon/Triathalon missions are hilarious. They're some of the only video game anti-jokes that I've ever actually enjoyed the existence of.

leng jai

I can't believe anyone had the audacity to say this had Max Payne 3 like controls. Despite how bad they are the thing that keeps me playing is the colour palette and lighting. It's just so good.

RS4-

Oh yeah, it's probably been mentioned ages ago, but there's a glitch where you can buy properties for free, as long as you have enough money.

Buy property, then replay a mission as soon as the cutscene starts (masks for example, is one that lasts for maybe 20-30 seconds). When you finish the replay, you'll have successfully owned the property for free

edit - warning:
Apparently it glitches the Mckenzie Hangar though, rendering you unable to do the smuggling missions.

Oh yeah, it's probably been mentioned ages ago, but there's a glitch where you can buy properties for free, as long as you have enough money.

Buy property, then replay a mission as soon as the cutscene starts (masks for example, is one that lasts for maybe 20-30 seconds). When you finish the replay, you'll have successfully owned the property for free

Apparently it glitches the Mckenzie Hangar though, rendering you unable to do the smuggling missions.

torontoml

Having never made a thread for a game what would someone expect out of a GTA V stock market thread. Nobody else seems to be getting it together, or if they are they haven't spoken up about it.

So I figure I mine as well give it a shot, but I'm not sure what would be expected of me and my OP.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope the missions are going to start getting better fast. Around the halfway point of the game they really start going to shit and becoming more like GTA 4/Red Dead's, aka really basic go here shoot guys or drive someone here. Don't get me wrong there's been some good ones too but they've been few and far between ever since I got around the ~34-36 mission point. I'm at 44/69 right now for reference.

t26

Instead of chasing after the guy in the first bounty, I use the sniper rifle and blew out his tires. Then he tried to escape on him and I just punch him to capture him. I love the freedom in this game.

Stoze

I can't believe anyone had the audacity to say this had Max Payne 3 like controls. Despite how bad they are the thing that keeps me playing is the colour palette and lighting. It's just so good.

I'm not too far in, but this is probably the major annoyance so far, along with the fact there's no off-HUD gps system. You would think Rockstar would have taken no-brainer cues from other games to fix these things, including their own, but I guess not. RDR's gun play was more satisfying.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Is there not a way to wear the unique outfits you have in some missions? Like boilersuits and Trevor's port outfit for example.

The dialogue when talking to Ron outside of Trevor's trailer is pure gold.

"Ron, you're awful in every way"
"In every way, Trevor!"

"You're a creepy, paranoid, wreck of a man"
"Thanks, Trevor"

"You really are a sad excuse for a man"
"The worst excuse, Trevor"

Also, guy above me, you unlock most of these outfits after finishing the game. Only outfit you don't unlock that I'm aware of is the firefighters uniform.

MYeager

What settings are you playing it on? Turn all auto aim off and turn up the aim sensitivity to the highest. It's not at the level of Max Payne but the enemies shooting from the floor, exit wounds and the way the screen flashed on enemy deaths are certainly things taken from MP3. Playing as Michael and slowing down time to rack up headshots was certainly a familiar feeling.

It's no where near the level of technical excellence of a game that revolves around just third person shooting, but it's a step ahead of what the games usually are.

DukeBobby

The dialogue when talking to Ron outside of Trevor's trailer is pure gold.

"Ron, you're awful in every way"
"In every way, Trevor!"

"You're a creepy, paranoid, wreck of a man"
"Thanks, Trevor"

"You really are a sad excuse for a man"
"The worst excuse, Trevor"

I have to go through every line of dialogue when I see Ron. Then I pour gasoline around him and set him on fire.

NeoGiff

Having never made a thread for a game what would someone expect out of a GTA V stock market thread. Nobody else seems to be getting it together, or if they are they haven't spoken up about it.

So I figure I mine as well give it a shot, but I'm not sure what would be expected of me and my OP.

I suggested this a page or two back but got no response. It sounds like a great idea, as BAWSAQ seems to be the only legitimate way to earn serious money after finishing the game. It would be very helpful to have all of our combined information, stock tips and stats in one place for discussion.

CHEEZMO™;83922477 said:
Is there not a way to wear the unique outfits you have in some missions? Like boilersuits and Trevor's port outfit for example.

I think you get most of them. Maybe you have to beat the game?

Popparoks

CHEEZMO™;83922477 said:

You get them in your closet when you beat the game.
Depending on whether your character is alive or not

torontoml

I suggested this a page or two back but got no response. It sounds like a great idea, as BAWSAQ seems to be the only legitimate way to earn serious money after finishing the game. It would be very helpful to have all of our combined information, stock tips and stats in one place for discussion.
I would make a thread but I'm just concerned if people would expect me to constantly update the OT, I could possibly spend a couple hours making a worthwhile OP but I can't see myself updating it at all.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can I do the Strangers and Freaks stuff later? I won't lose them if I don't do them now right?

shawnhi

Spoilers, I guess, just want to know if there's more to the rumors since I can't find anything Googling....

Is there any more info on the alien UFOs, bigfoot, sea monster, etc? Do you just find the UFO in the ocean and see it above the mountain after 100% and that's it? Or are you able to interact with/see/kill aliens (other than Michael's smoking trip), bigfoot, sea monsters, etc?

Avixph

I'm want to do the
Epsilon: Bearing The Truth Mission
, however the icon is not appearing on the map
,and yes I paid the $10000 that are needed to activate it,
can anyone help me figure out what's going on?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I'm not too far in, but this is probably the major annoyance so far, along with the fact there's no off-HUD gps system. You would think Rockstar would have taken no-brainer cues from other games to fix these things, including their own, but I guess not. RDR's gun play was more satisfying.
I for one am so glad they kept the GPS stuff to the mini map only. I am not a fan of huge arrows in my driving path.

Those with a PS3, is it just me or does the framerate get really bad at times?

I don't know about "really bad." I mean, I just finished a game of NCAA 14, that game has a shitty framerate. Ever play the original Mass Effect on 360? How ya like that shit? It's all relative, really. I think it runs fine. Old consoles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching the voice cast credits

not seeing Tara Strong, Nolan North, Troy Baker, Jennifer Hale, Rob Paulsen, etc
iCE49KJGLCA8t.gif

shawnhi

Also, disappointed with how I heard everyone say the age old GTA problem of "getting in a car > suddenly everyone is driving it" is no more. definitely not the case.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Shit lost my first modded car. I didn't know about the bug before tricking out a Lambo clone. Around 80k FLUSH

Top Bottom