• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Future entry in a "Things in games that sounded great on paper but turned out to suck" thread on here- Submarine/underwater stuff in general in this game.

I've only been in a sub for the 2 missions so far that required it and it was a snoozefest. Not impressed. Maybe whenever I find some scuba gear it'll change my mind, but the sub is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

udiie

Got 100% completion last night, was worth every minute. Sure the collectible jargon was a bit tedious, but the races and strangers and freaks were for the most part a good addition to the game. Make sure if you are going for 100% completion you follow a guide, as lots of tasks don't actually need to be done to achieve it (mostly just Franklin's stuff)
edit: heres that guide http://gta.wikia.com/100%_Completion_in_GTA_V

d31m0s

The dialogue when talking to Ron outside of Trevor's trailer is pure gold.

"Ron, you're awful in every way"
"In every way, Trevor!"

"You're a creepy, paranoid, wreck of a man"
"Thanks, Trevor"

"You really are a sad excuse for a man"
"The worst excuse, Trevor"

Also, guy above me, you unlock most of these outfits after finishing the game. Only outfit you don't unlock that I'm aware of is the firefighters uniform.

Trevor has honestly became my favorite character in years may be close for the whole gen

mandiller

I was up in the mountains and I called a cab to come get me out of the wilderness. We started driving along a dirt road and then the cabby must have had a death wish because he took the turn too fast and we both plummeted off a cliff and into the river where we both drowned. What a bastard!

PBWLqnR.jpg

Majine

Banned
I'm shocked there's so little loading in the game, not even before missions. And they are really good at masking it when there is.

webkatt

I may be in the minority here but I really disliked trevor.

At first he had a little antihero charm but I grew to despise him.

Future entry in a "Things in games that sounded great on paper but turned out to suck" thread on here- Submarine/underwater stuff in general in this game.

For me it depends on the time of day. If it's light out, I love the underwater stuff. When it's dark, it's soooo boring bumbling around in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmu77pS1bzI

I always thought they were singing Tooooooony Haaaaaaaaawk until I saw that the song is actually called Ameoba in GTA V

Oooops haha

Is it possible to 100% the game if
Trevor is dead?
did you finish all his rampages before he died? Going by the 100% guide posted a few posts up, it looks like the rampages for Trevor are the only ones that need to be done by him for 100%. The rest looks like you can get 100% with just Frank and Michael. Look at the guide but pretty sure that'd the case.

webkatt

I really wished that GTAV did something more crazy after the ending.

I was hoping that you could use a custom character (From GTA Online) in SP. How awesome would it be if R* recorded a bunch of generic dialogue for M/F characters and let us have our own custom character we could level up in SP.

Also I wished they gave you a full range of customization options after 100%. NPC Hair/Clothes, Outfits, etc.

Yeah I mentioned that a few days ago, actually learned it was Amoeba listening to THPS3/general THPS series soundtrack last year getting hyped up for THPS HD. It's pretty cool it's in this game.

It's disappointing

A - I thought it was cool that THPS had a theme song
B - I miss THPS :(

I ran into Franklin randomly in the world while playing as Michael. Frank was like "Damn what are the chance we meet like this? Wanna go for a drink?"

Was pretty awesome.

I still haven't even used cheats yet. So many hours still left to kill playing this game.

Even though it isn't legitimately first-person, I have to hand it to R* for at least placing the dash cam on the driver's side.

Also, I'm glad they put in a mission where you're getting chased by
an attack helicopter.
Felt like they had seen one of my posts with that wonderful Ballad of Gay Tony MP chase video and took note.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked him more and more as the game went on. Michael is the biggest asshole in the game, somehow.

I have mixed feelings about both Trevor and Michael.
Which is better than my feelings about Franklin. Which is to say that I have none, because he's just sort of ... there.

Hey can someone tell me how far I am in the main story line.
I just got to Trevor findin Michael. And I did the first FIB mission with Micheal checking out the dead body.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Hey can someone tell me how far I am in the main story line.
I just got to Trevor findin Michael. And I did the first FIB mission with Micheal checking out the dead body.
1/5.

You can check for yourself in the status bit on the pause menu under 100% checklist. Only problem is it also counts the Lester assassination missions, only one of which is required for story completion.

Other thoughts regarding near end-game stuff that I forgot to post:

Killing the shrink was so satisfying

Jimmy accidentally teabagging Michael....XD

Fjordson

Oh shit, I just got a hold of an Adder. This thing has to be the fastest car in the game, or at least close to it. Looks like a Bugatti.

Invested almost all of my post game money into Pisswasser when it was at its low yesterday, I'm looking forward to seeing it rise even more :)
Come on GAF, keep buying PIS, it's still worth jumping in!

Other thoughts regarding near end-game stuff that I forgot to post:

Killing the shrink was so satisfying
Wait.... you can do that? I didn't see the option!

Invested almost all of my post game money into Pisswasser when it was at its low yesterday, I'm looking forward to seeing it rise even more :)
Come on GAF, keep buying PIS, it's still worth jumping in!

Yeah I did that too. Has to bounce back to at least double the price being that low!

Dmax3901

So I was Franklin and I took Chop for a walk and went into someone’s front yard where a couple of brothers were having a smoke and two shawties were chilling on the porch and they didn’t take kindly to Franklin or Chop I’m not sure who either way one of them called the cops and so I cheesed it through the alley ways, losing the cops in a park with a half pipe which is nice cause I was walking the dog after all. I played fetch with Chop for a while then I spotted a bmx and took it for a spin getting some mad air in the pipe then I overshot the ramp and landed RIGHT on top of a group of five bustas, knocking them all to the ground. Needless to say one of them whipped out his gat and then it was bedlam, Chop starts chopping niggas left and right and I mop up the rest with a shotgun then run back home before the cops arrive.

This game is amazing.

If I am seeing this correctly my $500k that is invested in HAL is now worth 37 million in the last 24 hours. Wtf?

Does Augury Insurance stock go up when you blow up any vehicles? Do they have to be a specific brand or type?

It does but I found out that the more you blow cars up, the tougher it gets to rise that stock. At the start I could blow 6 cars up in a parking lot and watch the stock rise with 8%, but 5 minutes later doing the same thing and it goes up by a percentage lower than 1%

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Got 100% completion last night, was worth every minute. Sure the collectible jargon was a bit tedious, but the races and strangers and freaks were for the most part a good addition to the game. Make sure if you are going for 100% completion you follow a guide, as lots of tasks don't actually need to be done to achieve it (mostly just Franklin's stuff)
edit: heres that guide http://gta.wikia.com/100%_Completion_in_GTA_V

that's a bit poopy compared to the R* social club site though. Interactive bits that tell you what you're missing, plus a collectables map. I don't know why anyone would complain about 100%ing this game, it's all right there for you.

Caode

Trying to do the last Knife Flight required for 100% Fucking hell this is taking longer than the first 7 did combined.

Which one is that? There was one that took me a while to do, frustrating isn't the word for it. It was down below the vinewood sign, the narrowest of gaps.

DjRoomba

Banned
I'm shocked there's so little loading in the game, not even before missions. And they are really good at masking it when there is.

When you switch characters I find the loading pretty bothersome. In the gameplay trailer it was soo quick and was like a drumbeat, but its too slow in the actual game.

I did it before I started the big heist. Tried calling him after the attack on Michael's house from Merryweather but no answer. I think he sent me an email or text shortly after to come to his office.
Sweet! I'll give it a shot.

If I am seeing this correctly my $500k that is invested in HAL is now worth 37 million in the last 24 hours. Wtf?
Yeah I'm salty I didn't invest in them, thinking of doing it now anyway

Which one is that? There was one that took me a while to do, frustrating isn't the word for it. It was down below the vinewood sign, the narrowest of gaps.
Can you use Franklin's special in jets? Might have to go Flight School with him if so.

Top Bottom