• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Omni

Ending spoiler:

Lost 12 hours of gameplay because I didn't like the ending I chose. Feels bad, man. I mean, choosing Trevor to die seemed like a good idea at the time, but eh. Was far too brutal. And in hindsight it would be better to have them all alive post-credits.

Remember to save your game often, kids.

Kard8p3

Man I hear people saying the police will be ok with you helping them.. But they always get mad at me :(. Maybe I just wait too long to help. :/

RaikuHebi

Banned
Which one is that? There was one that took me a while to do, frustrating isn't the word for it. It was down below the vinewood sign, the narrowest of gaps.
It's near there but it's not that really narrow one. I'm having trouble with the one between the cinema, above a clothes shop.

Man I hear people saying the police will be ok with you helping them.. But they always get mad at me :(. Maybe I just wait too long to help. :/

I did help the police on one occasion (it was a random event). Shootout between them and two or three other dudes behind a car. They had a case of money with them. Took out the bad guys and swiped the cash in which case the police came after me. Pretty sure I made it out alive

Locke_211

Does anyone else find the shooting sections in this are actually quite hard? I'm normally pretty good at shooters, but the first Trevor section, taking out the junkies, I'm finding properly difficult.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone tell me how close to the end I'm at:

I'm at the heist for the bank out in the desert

about 3/4

if you pull up the pause menu, go to "Stats" and scroll down to "100% checklist" it will tell you how many missions you've done

test_account

XP-39C²
How do i see which missions that i have active? It says "1" on Franklin, but there are no icons on the map that i can go to. I have beaten the game, so i'm finishing up the alternative missions.

lucius

I really enjoyed GTA 3, VIce City, and SA in that order, but I didn't enjoy GTA4 because the driving was not so fun anymore and I hated the main character Niko Bellic with the more serious tone it felt like that game was taking.

So anyone that disliked GTA4 enjoy this game much more ?

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
So what's up with that wall painting on Chilliad? Does it lead somewhere? It would be cool if it's a secret that still hasn't been discovered yet.

Caode

I really enjoyed GTA 3, VIce City, and SA in that order, but I didn't enjoy GTA4 because the driving was not so fun anymore and I hated the main character Niko Bellic with the more serious tone it felt like that game was taking.

I loved GTA 4 but this is more in tune with the GTA's of old, the PS2 era. If you loved the PS2 GTA's then you'll love this. The driving is completely different from 4 and it's much more satirical and humourous in tone than 4.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Does anyone else find the shooting sections in this are actually quite hard? I'm normally pretty good at shooters, but the first Trevor section, taking out the junkies, I'm finding properly difficult.

I find free aim really hard in R* games, I think it's because the FOV is so wide that the targets are often so small. Compared to something like Gears or Uncharted it's much harder. I wish, as well as the soft lock I use, they had a free aim option with a sticky reticule like most TPSs use. SOft lock is fine for me though, it changes the focus a bit from aiming to positioning and movement.

SJRB

Gold Member

There are certain random events where you can choose to either help the police of help the criminals. If you shoot the criminals, the police will thank you instead of arrest you.

However, when you encounter one of those random police chases that end up in a shootout and decide to help the police by shooting people you will definately get a wanted level.

lucius

I loved GTA 4 but this is more in tune with the GTA's of old, the PS2 era. If you loved the PS2 GTA's then you'll love this. The driving is completely different from 4 and it's much more satirical and humourous in tone than 4.

Ok nice, now I will have enough games to hold me over until Nov.

Yes. GTA4 was a huge disapointment for me, Gay Tony DLC kinda brought me back around to the fun.

GTA5 is game of the generation for me. Feels like a GTA SA epilogue. Game is dense as fuck, even if it doesn't quite have as much variety and map design impact as SA.

If anyone liked any of the GTA 3/4 games this is basically a must play for them.

GTA3 is still my favourite of the series. Original radio stations are still the best in the series!

At this point I think I'm close to finishing the game, but I'm not exactly sure. I honestly expected the
shootout in the graveyard
to be the end, because I accidentally got spoiled on some of the ending details.

Caode

At this point I think I'm close to finishing the game, but I'm not exactly sure. I honestly expected the
to be the end, because I accidentally got spoiled on some of the ending details.

You've still got a bit to go yet though I'd say you're about 3/4 of the way through anyway.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
I did that yesterday too. According to the ingame stats there are still about
10-15
missions left.

Not sure yet about the story though. I expected a lot after really enjoying RDR's story, but during the last 10 missions or so there's definitely been a slump storywise. Hope it picks up from here.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Finally finished the game and enjoyed it so much. There are so many fun missions set in a carefully crafted world. The game is so much better than GTA 4 it's not even funny. The driving and shooting mechanics are the two things that have been improved a lot, and apart from a few frame rate issues and mission glitches, the game was technically sound. I don't know whether it's easy to 100% it, but I'll give it a shot.

Also, Trevor is the best GTA protagonist ever.

Yes. GTA4 was a huge disapointment for me, Gay Tony DLC kinda brought me back around to the fun.

GTA5 is game of the generation for me. Feels like a GTA SA epilogue. Game is dense as fuck, even if it doesn't quite have as much variety and map design impact as SA.

If anyone liked any of the GTA 3/4 games this is basically a must play for them.

GTA3 is still my favourite of the series. Original radio stations are still the best in the series!

I was disappointed at how few San Andreas references there where in the game,
I mean CJ was like the king of SA in the 90's, how in the world did Grove Street become Ballas territory!??

Yeah I know that this San Andreas in GTA 5 is pretty far removed from San Andreas from last gen, but bringing CJ into the world, even as a passing reference that a dude called CJ once used to run the town would have been cool. I would have LOVED to do a mission or two for him.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
shootout in the graveyard to be the end, because I accidentally got spoiled on some of the ending details.

Man, I wish you'd carried that spoiler tag through to the end so it covered your comment. Dammit.

MYeager

Ending spoiler:

Lost 12 hours of gameplay because I didn't like the ending I chose. Feels bad, man. I mean, choosing Trevor to die seemed like a good idea at the time, but eh. Was far too brutal. And in hindsight it would be better to have them all alive post-credits.

Remember to save your game often, kids.

I thought you can replay it after to make different choices but I was wrong. You can, but it doesn't change if that character is dead or not after replaying it, Considering that has a big effect on how you can play the game after the story is finished, that seems like a clumsy way of doing things.

I mean CJ was like the king of SA in the 90's, how in the world did Grove Street become Ballas territory!??

For me it kinda felt like
Franklin was the smack in the face that that age of OG shit is dead, that gangs fall apart quick and even empires like CJ's can crumble with one fuckup (eg. the Lost & Damned boys getting torn to shreds by Trevor just because he was in a shit mood lol).

Playing as Franklin felt like a wake for that old San Andreas game, complete with accompanying 90's West Coast rap soundtrack (that I played 100% of the time as Franklin). He knows the world has gone by the old OG's and is trying to find a direction in life, someway to properly get rich.

After all the GTA4 references though it was indeed sad they couldn't bring some from the GTA3 trilogy, hopefully we see some DLC with them!

Randdalf

Yeah I know that this San Andreas in GTA 5 is pretty far removed from San Andreas from last gen, but bringing CJ into the world, even as a passing reference that a dude called CJ once used to run the town would have been cool. I would have LOVED to do a mission or two for him.

I'm pretty sure that
GTA4/GTA5 are set in a different universe to GTA3/VC/SA.

PSA: Don't play this game when you're tired

I was struggling to read the texts, swrving all over the road :p

Finally found the Super Diamond, just need the Pegassi Vacca. Bollocks to spending half of my money on it.

Wish there was a way of transferring funds/cars between characters

EndymionGalaxy

Neo Member
So what are the chances that an infinite health cheat can still be discovered?

The cheats people have found so far are pretty meh, but an infinite health cheat would be the best thing ever, I mean can you imagine? Jumping out of planes and shit and not taking any damage. Would make the game so much fun, but I have a feeling that there isn't one due to any glitches or problems it might cause. Still hoping though.

I'm pretty sure that
GTA4/GTA5 are set in a different universe to GTA3/VC/SA.

Yeah I sort of thought this was the case, but I mean
Having Grove Street, having the Ballas, having Love Fist, I know they are all ancillary things but they could easily bring that degree of cross over. Not that I am saying they want to of course

For me it kinda felt like
Franklin was the smack in the face that that age of OG shit is dead, that gangs fall apart quick and even empires like CJ's can crumble with one fuckup (eg. the Lost & Damned boys getting torn to shreds by Trevor just because he was in a shit mood lol).

Playing as Franklin felt like a wake for that old San Andreas game, complete with accompanying 90's West Coast rap soundtrack (that I played 100% of the time as Franklin). He knows the world has gone by the old OG's and is trying to find a direction in life, someway to properly get rich.

After all the GTA4 references though it was indeed sad they couldn't bring some from the GTA3 trilogy, hopefully we see some DLC with them!

This actually hits the nail on the head,
it sucks because I LOVED the vibe that came with that stuff in San Andreas and its weird to see how far things have moved on from that stuff. I guess Rockstar are more progressive than me!

That said if CJ's empire did crumble, it would have been really interesting to see why, even in passing comments. "them grove street boys really fell off once the guy in charge left" from a random pedestrian would have been good enough for me!

Certinty

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to find all the collectibles and do all the stunt jumps? Am considering going for 100% but want to make sure it doesn't take too long.

Also I can achieve 100% and all offline achievements without buying the golf club?

lefantome

There's three universes now: 2D (GTA1 & 2), 3D (GTA 3, VC, SA) and HD (4 & 5)

Only character to make an appearance across universes is El Burro afaik.

whaat? el burro? you mean because of the el burro heights?

Cross universes references are getting bolder in GTAV:

- Lazlow, now a full character
- Willy from Love Fist
- the whole Epsilon Program with Chris Formage now a real thing in GTA V
- Grove street, Ballas , Vagos and Varrios los Aztecas

The final triathlon.

1359425736765.jpg

I now have muscles on my right forearm that weren't there before. What the FUCK was Rockstar thinking. 30 minutes of mashing X.

Speaking off cross-game references (someone should compile a list, lol), Michael mentions that his first ever bank job was in Carcer City. It's the place the first Manhunt is set.

EndymionGalaxy

Neo Member
The final triathlon.

1359425736765.jpg

I now have muscles on my right forearm that weren't there before. What the FUCK was Rockstar thinking. 30 minutes of mashing X.

Oh jesus. It was like, when I was 10 minutes into it I was starting to think "man this is fucking stupid I gotta stop" but I was too invested in it at that point and felt like I had to finish it. By the time I finished I could only think about how dumb it was that I actually did the whole thing. I really hope the "A" button on my controller isn't fucked after that.

Hystzen

My god I love the Off Road Dune Buggy you can launch off a mountain and be safe. Fast and durable easily best thing about buying the air field with Trevor.

Top Bottom