• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

The final triathlon.

1359425736765.jpg

I now have muscles on my right forearm that weren't there before. What the FUCK was Rockstar thinking. 30 minutes of mashing X.

First time, got to the change from bike to running and cycled into another competitor, mission failed. Second time, missed the third to last checkpoint, ended up coming third. Third time was lucky. An hour and half of my life I won't get back.

bill0527

Man I hear people saying the police will be ok with you helping them.. But they always get mad at me :(. Maybe I just wait too long to help. :/

If you help the police, I've noticed twice that after you help take down the perp and they get him in custody, they tell you to vacate the area. If you're not doing that, it could be why they are getting mad at you.

That said if CJ's empire did crumble, it would have been really interesting to see why, even in passing comments. "them grove street boys really fell off once the guy in charge left" from a random pedestrian would have been good enough for me!

Would LOVE if the DLC was playing as Lamar, going through the motions of trying to keep the OG stuff happening, would be an easy way to shine a light on all the CJ stuff.

Since Packie is there it would be cool to see him try and set up some heists in Los Santos too!

RS4-

If I am seeing this correctly my $500k that is invested in HAL is now worth 37 million in the last 24 hours. Wtf?

It does but I found out that the more you blow cars up, the tougher it gets to rise that stock. At the start I could blow 6 cars up in a parking lot and watch the stock rise with 8%, but 5 minutes later doing the same thing and it goes up by a percentage lower than 1%

Yeah I don't get the bawsaq thing, their stock low is like $4, then went up to a high of 4.41, on ps3. Are you on 360? I'll assume the stock values are different.

wizzbang

Banned
Can someone please explain the cult to me?
I found them purely because a friend told me where to find them - they are the people with
no pants on right? to the west of the island on a hill?

I found them, at night - spooky music played but I got no mission and no tooltip saying "Hey you can
drop people off here for cash"

I also don't get all the gaf posts about kifflom - I assume I can join the cult (briefly) for some award?

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Things i don't like

I'm quite disappointed that they removed the passenger view when i take a cab, it was a very immersive feature that i enjoyed in GTA IV while taking a ride.
Now i just skip it because its not that interesting anymore, god, how i wish R* would patch this.

I can't grab and throw things anymore. Also, i miss the fast food restaurants.

Majine

Banned
I found them, at night - spooky music played but I got no mission and no tooltip saying "Hey you can
drop people off here for cash"

You get the mission to do that by picking up people needing lift.

I haven't found any other involvement from them elsewhere yet.

TTG

It's the little details that keep me laughing, anyone hear Ron's radio show on that one country station that only comes on in the Sandy Shores? Special guest: Trevor leaving a voice mail.

Also just found out properties that are specially marked have their own missions, I thought that was just the hangar... I just keep falling deeper into the rabbit hole.

Lastly, is there anything to do with the altruist compound?
I thought about just showing up and blasting people, I only ever delivered one NPC and it looks to be a fully modeled place.

Things i don't like

I'm quite disappointed that they removed the passenger view when i take a cab, it was a very immersive feature that i enjoyed in GTA IV while taking a ride.
Now i just skip it because its not that interesting anymore, god, how i wish R* would patch this.

I can't grab and throw things anymore. Also, i miss the fast food restaurants.

What do you mean passenger view? pretty sure it's exactly the same. Though I just skip ahead. That's the point of the taxi in my eyes.

Do you mean looking around with the right stick ?

wizzbang

Banned
You get the mission to do that by picking up people needing lift.

I haven't found any other involvement from them elsewhere yet.

Ok I think a tooltip briefly came up at the 15 to 20 hour mark when I picked up Ursula who lives at the lighthouse, however I feel it was far more worth it to drop her home.
I've also dropped the drunk couple to the hotel and the bride / groom home

Do they "respawn"? I know the wallet thefts respawn but what about the pickups?

ChapaNDJ

Banned
What do you mean passenger view? pretty sure it's exactly the same. Though I just skip ahead. That's the point of the taxi in my eyes.

Do you mean looking around with the right stick ?

This view. Here i found a vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2cG_Yrl2Y

Its not there anymore, i press select and i only get views from the rear or the front.
No passenger view from inside the cab.

I loved that feature, i almost never skipped taxi rides in IV because of this.
Oh well. Here i hope a FPS mod for the PC version when it gets released.

Played for three or so hours tonight. Just got Trevor to Los Santos. I'm torn; it's pretty as anything and I appreciate the scope and detail, but the games rather full to play. Does it ever move on from the "Go to X, Do Y, Mop up Z"?

This view. Here i found a vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2cG_Yrl2Y

Its not there anymore, i press select and i only get views from the rear or the front.
No passenger view from inside the cab.

I loved that feature, i almost never skipped taxi rides in IV because of this.
Oh well. Here i hope a FPS mod for the PC version when it gets released.

They took it out of RDR as well for the stagecoach rides

Not sure why

I dropped by my local game shop today to see if they were accepting PS4 pre-orders yet (here in Taipei), and this guy is buying GTAV for his son who was most definitely no older than 10 (he looked to be more like 8 years old).

I've put close to 50 hours into the game, and I can honestly say that there is no way in fucking hell any kid should play this game. Especially since the other night I was playing and had a
stripper
flat out tell Franklin
"I love sucking on your big cock".

I couldn't hold my tongue. I was like "Excuse me, are you buying that for your son??"

His response was "Why, zis is bad? What iz so bad about zis game?" (Yes, dude was French).

So I basically did a "Let me count the ways" rundown and he's like "Oh, you play zis?"

I was pretty strong in my stance. Poor kid was right there, so I had to be the total dick in that situation. I implored the guy not to do it.

He takes a moment to pause, money not quite out of his wallet...he rubs the corners of the bills and...

Whipped the cash out and flat out bought it for his kid.

jett

D-Member
I parked a jet in Trevor's hangar but now it's gone! the heck?

That's why I manual saved after getting a jet! Glitchy ass game.

I liked him more and more as the game went on. Michael is the biggest asshole in the game, somehow.

Trevor is the psycho with a heart of gold. In his own fucked up way he has more morals and loyalty than Michael, who's just a self-absorbed asshole. Trevor is also by far the funniest and most entertaining character.

#TeamTrevor

Played for three or so hours tonight. Just got Trevor to Los Santos. I'm torn; it's pretty as anything and I appreciate the scope and detail, but the games rather full to play. Does it ever move on from the "Go to X, Do Y, Mop up Z"?

It's GTA. So no, not really.

Omni

That's why I manual saved after getting a jet! Glitchy ass game.

Trevor is the psycho with a heart of gold. In his own fucked up way he has more morals and loyalty than Michael, who's just a self-absorbed asshole. Trevor is also by far the funniest and most entertaining character.

#TeamTrevor

More morals that Michael?

Tell that to Wade's friends and cousin. Trevor is a psycho. Sure he cares about "friendship" over everything else... but that's literally all he cares about. Hell, even then he's constantly threatening to kill everyone of his so called 'friends' or 'associates' or whatever you want to call them. At the very least Michael has his family.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Michael's
second drug trip
. Hahaha

Yeah, ran right into a closed door when trying to get Mike a Bleeder Burger!

Damn, i miss this guy from Burger shot. He was hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e7Ge8SXxuc
I enjoyed shootouts at Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell, or entering a Burger Shot with a car or bike and order some burgers.
Also, its a shame that there's no internet cafe in this game, it was fun messing around in that place, killing everyone or annoy the owner by punching the table. He said funny stuff like ''I got a knife man'', ''Welcome, don't spill shit on the computers'', ''There's a tip jar, jackass''.

These are the little things i loved from IV.

BraXzy

So I haven't played in a few days, just got to a mission with Devin. About half way through spoiler question:

Why am I looking for Chad something or other? I'm in a helicopter scanning people to find him but I can't remember who he is and why I'm looking for him.. anyone without spoiling it give me a clue?

Ok so I bought the Bentley gt clone and customized it to the teeth as Franklin and saved it in his garage up in the hills. I then replay one of the missions, the game sets up a restore point and after the mission, it's now Trevor in the customized Bentley gt clone. I then switch back to Franklin and there's one of the customized Bentley gt clones parked outside the house and another in the garage. I now have 3 fully customized Bentley gt clones across Franklin and Trevor.

TheMan

I dropped by my local game shop today to see if they were accepting PS4 pre-orders yet (here in Taipei), and this guy is buying GTAV for his son who was most definitely no older than 10 (he looked to be more like 8 years old).

I've put close to 50 hours into the game, and I can honestly say that there is no way in fucking hell any kid should play this game. Especially since the other night I was playing and had a
stripper
flat out tell Franklin
"I love sucking on your big cock".

I couldn't hold my tongue. I was like "Excuse me, are you buying that for your son??"

His response was "Why, zis is bad? What iz so bad about zis game?" (Yes, dude was French).

So I basically did a "Let me count the ways" rundown and he's like "Oh, you play zis?"

I was pretty strong in my stance. Poor kid was right there, so I had to be the total dick in that situation. I implored the guy not to do it.

He takes a moment to pause, money not quite out of his wallet...he rubs the corners of the bills and...

Whipped the cash out and flat out bought it for his kid.

not your place. your face will forever be burned into this kid's memory as the asshole who tried to cockblock his gta v game.

liftedly

So I haven't played in a few days, just got to a mission with Devin. About half way through spoiler question:

Why am I looking for Chad something or other? I'm in a helicopter scanning people to find him but I can't remember who he is and why I'm looking for him.. anyone without spoiling it give me a clue?

He's not a significant character, just
the owner of a special car.

Played the "Reunion" mission where
Michael reunites his family...
Makes me feel like I'm playing the Sims. I really get bored/don't care about the story arc, and the writing is so cheesy.

Also, aside from the first one, I find these heists to be pretty corny as well. I just don't like how over the top it is. I feel it takes away from the immersion when
three random guys slaughter a house full of FBI and government agents (whose main method of attack is rushing in mindlessly), and then make some grand escape.

Personally, I'd love something more grounded and sensible. The first heist was a little better that way.

In addition, I can't exactly buy the fact that these three protagonists are pals. I do love the gameplay and banter for the most part, but I was really hoping for Franklin's missions to be more focused around himself/the hood/Ballas/Lamar.

Y'know, when the wanted levels feel like they're warranted, it can produce some incredibly gameplay. I was flying near my scrapyard as Michael, when I got a call saying it was being attacked. So I jumped out, parachuted down and shot a few enemies while parachuting. Then I took them all out, all while shit's exploding and the 80s synth is playing in the background. Then the cops inevitably arrive. I try to run, but end up at a dead end, so I'm forced to shoot some of them. Then I grab a van and drive off, while they give chase. I throw a few grenades out to thin the herd, then get out and run down an alleyway to escape, with the helicopter covering me with its spotlight. Eventually, I manage to shoot it down, and come to a small indoor parking lot. So I steal a jeep, then drive out, all while a bunch of SWAT SUVs, helicopters and cruisers are swarming the area. And after some careful driving and barely managing to avoid getting too close to the cops, I managed to escape. Movie-like gameplay without a bunch of intrusive cutscenes. Just fecking brilliant.

More morals that Michael?

Tell that to Wade's friends and cousin. Trevor is a psycho. Sure he cares about "friendship" over everything else... but that's literally all he cares about. Hell, even then he's constantly threatening to kill everyone of his so called 'friends' or 'associates' or whatever you want to call them. At the very least Michael has his family.
Seriously.
He's a full blown psychopath that kills anyone in his way or anyone who disagrees with him. Heart of gold my ass. He deserves to die, but I wanted all three characters available for the end so he was spared lol

Bollocks

Second heist spoiler
I need to steal a helicopter from the army base. How am I supposed to do that? I roll in the front door, I get annihilated in seconds.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Second heist spoiler
I need to steal a helicopter from the army base. How am I supposed to do that? I roll in the front door, I get annihilated in seconds.

I parachuted in and landed right at the helictoper and took off without a problem. You could also bust through the front gate in a fast car, that's the other method people have used.

TheContact

Second heist spoiler

Get a car, speed through right to the blue dot (helicopter) Run over/kill the guys in the immediate area, get in and fly away

ButchCat

Finished a couple of days ago the story definitely isn't one of the games strengths, they drop the ball half way through and the story just doesn't go anywhere after that.

painey

beat the game.. a little disapointed with the story.. it was just all over the place.. but I really enjoyed the game. I could easily play another 100 missions with these guys

John Wayne

Neo Member
lol

But seriously, that event is annoying. I fucked up on one of the checkpoints and hit a railing... :(
The worst part is the ~7 minutes at the start of pure swimming.

Yep. The swimming was so depressing. Those checkpoints were way too far apart! It would've been better if they were closer but nooooooo

Top Bottom