• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

painey

hmm just found out that Dr Friedlander's comments about
Michaels sexual problems
refer to
sleeping with other women. I never did, and he kept bringing it up and I was like 'wtf'? I thought there was gunna be a mission where Michael looks at little boys or something

Z..

Is there a more complete version of the score somewhere? Just bought the one on iTunes but it has none of the more minimal tracks I actually wanted, it seems to focus more on the mission stuff.

Lima

hmm just found out that Dr Friedlander's comments about
Michaels sexual problems
refer to
sleeping with other women. I never did, and he kept bringing it up and I was like 'wtf'? I thought there was gunna be a mission where Michael looks at little boys or something

No the twist is that Dr. Friedland wants to have sex with Michael.

QP3

Woah...

ioszilYroBznn.gif

So I put about $27 million in HAL with Michael expecting it to go up a bit.

I spent like 8 hours as Franklin just doing stunt jumps and collectibles. When I switched back to M I decided to sell all my HAL stocks to invest in a different company. M sold his HAL stocks for $117 million! I couldn't believe it.

Is it just me, or does the variety of character switching scenes drop after finishing the game? I seem to be getting the same few scenes for each character, then I reloaded an earlier save, and immediately had a different one that I hadn't seen before, which was Trevor trolling someone trying to take pictures of the Republican Space Rangers mascots.

Is it just me, or does the variety of character switching scenes drop after finishing the game? I seem to be getting the same few scenes for each character, then I reloaded an earlier save, and immediately had a different one that I hadn't seen before, which was Trevor trolling someone trying to take pictures of the Republican Space Rangers mascots.

Fit me it's like it increased. I switched to Trevor and once he was being chased by the cops. Another time he had a guy tired up beneath the pier. I think Trevor has the most unique scenes though.

cilonen

Lastly, is there anything to do with the altruist compound?
I thought about just showing up and blasting people, I only ever delivered one NPC and it looks to be a fully modeled place.

There is if you
drop 4 people there.. I don't recall if it triggers on the 4th or 5th visit exactly though

Im a bit sad about insane stunt bonusses and wheelie bonusses being gone :(
I'm sad about a lot of stuff missing.
Drunken ragdolls, pushing people by walking into them (they only react when being run into now), leaving the car running when you step out, comedy clubs, people who actually work hot dog stands, events at the convention center (like in SA), weapon deliveries, indoor camera in vehicles (especially taxis), and there's probably more that I can't remember at the moment lol

Fit me it's like it increased. I switched to Trevor and once he was being chased by the cops. Another time he had a guy tired up beneath the pier. I think Trevor has the most unique scenes though.

Trevor definitely has the most unique scenes, and the best ones. Michael has a decent variety that are of pretty good quality. Franklin doesn't seem to have many and his are mostly dull as fuck. He's usually either washing his bike or eating chips.
One time Tanisha did come and talk to him for a second. That was about the only interesting one for him though.

Just finished the game. Holy shit that was an awesome way to end things and what a fantastic game overall. I had some complaints about the money issues (ie not getting paid for half the shit you do) and the FIB missions and story arc didn't make much sense to me but they really wrapped things up nicely. All in all it was such an improvement over their last game it's kind of unbelievable. Good job Rockstar.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just went to Michael's house as Trevor and started following Michael around. He keeps telling me to stop following him and fuck off. I did not listen and continued to follow him walking around. He then turns round and knocks me out in one punch. It was hilarious.

Rockstar social club is down? I've been trying a few times to take pics with snapmatic for the past few hours and it's telling me the servers down? Is there an estimate of how long it's been out for?

lefantome

holy **** this game has Valve level ARGS and lot of hidden stuff.

check out this thing about weird ocean radio signals:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/601709-creepy-easter-egg-signals-in-ocean/page-2

It also has:

-
Spaceships
-
a ghost
- weird murals suggesting caves under mount chiliad.
- a serial killer mystery called infinite 8.
- abandoned motel with scary sounds

This is in addition to the official mysteries: epsilon, spaceships collection, leonora johnson case, altruist cult, children of the mountain and
bigfoot

Tobor

Anyone else having trouble deciding who to buy certain properties with?

It's weird, but I can't decide who to buy the sonar collections dock with.

Tawpgun

Finished it. The game was a lot more fun than GTAIV.

But GTAIV had the better story. This story seemed very sloppily put together. Not bad just... nothing im gonna remember, like I did with GTAIV's and RDRs'

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone else having trouble deciding who to buy certain properties with?

It's weird, but I can't decide who to buy the sonar collections dock with.

You can choose? I haven't checked most of them but a few I've stumbled across with certain characters said "only ____ can purchase this". I did buy that dock last night with Trevor though, didn't check to see if anyone else could.

Tobor

You can choose? I haven't checked most of them but a few I've stumbled across with certain characters said "only ____ can purchase this". I did buy that dock last night with Trevor though, didn't check to see if anyone else could.

Yes. Some properties are locked to a specific character, others are wide open.

I actually wish they had all been locked down so I wouldn't be sitting here trying to decide. Lol

Derrick01

Banned
Yes. Some properties are locked to a specific character, others are wide open.

I actually wish they had all been locked down so I wouldn't be sitting here trying to decide. Lol

You should buy the dock with whoever needs more money for other properties then. You can make a bit more than $400k in profit if you collect all the stuff after buying the dock (and a trophy too if you care about that).

Omni

I wish all properties and money was the same between all three characters.

It's far too fragmented as is. Especially considering you can't use that additional airport when playing as Michael or Franklin... effectively forcing you to drive all the way to the southernmost airport if you want an air vehicle.

Tobor

You should buy the dock with whoever needs more money for other properties then. You can make a bit more than $400k in profit if you collect all the stuff after buying the dock (and a trophy too if you care about that).

Good point. I'm going with Michael.

Trevor definitely has the most unique scenes, and the best ones. Michael has a decent variety that are of pretty good quality. Franklin doesn't seem to have many and his are mostly dull as fuck. He's usually either washing his bike or eating chips.
One time Tanisha did come and talk to him for a second. That was about the only interesting one for him though.

Yeah for Franklin..most of the time he's playing with chop or walking out of the strip club it's in his laptop. It would have been cool if some of his scenes had him jacking cars. That might be anachronistic but still..

Grinchy

Banned
I really wish I didn't screw up on that first heist by picking bad people. I would have had so much more money to dump into the stock market. I have HAL and PIS, and I saw the huge returns, but I had so little invested.

Dreaver

Is it just me or is the radio in this game really weird?
I listen a lot to Radio Mirror Park. I think I've heard the Dj Mehdi song 1 time total, I haven't heard the C90's - Shine A light Fight Facilities remix at all I think. While I have heard the Poolside song at least 30 times.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
FUCK ME! FUCK!

sold HAL at $3. FUCK!

Yep, me too bro. But since then I dumped everything back into it mid week when it was around 4.5

I know that feeling.

I honestly feel like we need a new thread strictly for stock manipulation. I would do it but I already have 2 GTA related threads going. We show how well GAF can manipulate the bawsaq.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yep, me too bro. But since then I dumped everything back into it mid week when it was around 4.5

I know that feeling.

I honestly feel like we need a new thread strictly for stock manipulation. I would do it but I already have 2 GTA related threads going. We show how well GAF can manipulate the bawsaq.

GTA BAWSAQ: Where insider trading is legal

yea I screwed myself on HAL stock , sold what I had invested early on in the game the day before all this went down. Then I wait on Ecola stock for a week and end up losing 40k. Once the hype dies down I worry it will be impossible to make a killing on the stock market. I guess there is GTAO. And Lester missions in my second playthrough...

Top Bottom