• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Yep, me too bro. But since then I dumped everything back into it mid week when it was around 4.5

I know that feeling.

I honestly feel like we need a new thread strictly for stock manipulation. I would do it but I already have 2 GTA related threads going. We show how well GAF can manipulate the bawsaq.
That's a pretty great idea. I haven't followed the developments and feel like I'm missing out.

Warablo

I am too scared to even invest into anything... I wish I would have put all my money in HawkandLittle when it was at like .72 cents lol. I could have had like a 800% profit. I only put some chump change in it..

Yep, me too bro. But since then I dumped everything back into it mid week when it was around 4.5

I know that feeling.

I honestly feel like we need a new thread strictly for stock manipulation. I would do it but I already have 2 GTA related threads going. We show how well GAF can manipulate the bawsaq.

Totally agree.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I am too scared to even invest into anything... I wish I would have put all my money in HawkandLittle when it was at like .72 cents lol. I could have had like a 800% profit. I only put some chump change in it..

Oh for the love of SAVES

Save before you invest,

If the stock goes down load to the save as mention above, Bam no money lost.

Just don't do anything huge after the invest, mess around.

QP3

I know that feeling.

Too bad there isn't enough money on gaf to sway the markets.

I got atop my banshee and left the room for 15 minutes. When I came back somebody had stolen it and now I'm being taken around the city, me standing on top and the banshee with a messed up tire. He's driving on the wrong side of the street now. This game haha.

Igo

lol there are people over in r/gta5 that are confused about what is happening with HAL stock.
I'm so bitter I didn't know about it when it was just starting to rise. It's up like 1400% or something from its lowest. Pisswasser is just passed 100% and that's great for me, but man, HAL would've had me in the 10's of billions.

This is GTA5 for me now. R* really need to let you play the market through that iFruit app.

Since you seemed to have stopped doing it on stream any chance of a Youtube vid or an explanation on how to do it/ what actually happens?

I spent the last 2 hour figuring out exactly what to do. It's a bit of trial and error. But it's a ton of fun. I'm uploading the video to youtube now. Hopefully you guys can do it, it took me a ton of trial and error and a lot of practice. I'll post the video when it's uploaded.

Siegmeyer

Question regarding the Epsilon missions:

How did you guys found out how to start these? It seems I need to go to the Epsilon website as Michael, but was this ever hinted at in game? The website only seems to show up when you search for it, so it seems a pretty obscure way to hide away some missions. A bug in my game?

I've finished the story, got 18/20 Strangers, most collectibles, but I no longer have any '?' symbols on my map. Kind of want to 100% it before online starts so any help much appreciated.

StuBurns

Banned
Question regarding the Epsilon missions:

How did you guys found out how to start these? It seems I need to go to the Epsilon website as Michael, but was this ever hinted at in game? The website only seems to show up when you search for it, so it seems a pretty obscure way to hide away some missions. A bug in my game?

I've finished the story, got 18/20 Strangers, most collectibles, but I no longer have any '?' symbols on my map. Kind of want to 100% it before online starts so any help much appreciated.
It is told to you in the game, I think Lester tells you to check it out. You go on there, do a survey, and the question mark should appear.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why is Frankiin changing clothes on the fly sometimes? I suddenly had a cap and different shoes on.

PotatoCat

Fucking hell i
killed Packie
during his random intro mission and i cant get him back. Am i missing anything for not getting him?

rallaren

Finished the story last night. What a ride it was sometimes. Loved to sit back and watch the end credits roll. I listened almost exclusively to Rebel Radio... C. W. McCall - "Convoy" (I see there's a movie here) and Charlie Feathers - "Can't Hardly Stand It" are the favorites.

I wish there was more references to the earlier games.

I'm now on the 30 sub parts WoW style collecting.

Just started playing, do "gangstas" in real life talk like Franklin and his friend do? Constant n-bombs, homies etc… is that really a thing? I always thought it was a slightly ironic thing.

tranciful

I got in on HAL at $1.2 and some more at $4 something so I'm doing good, but I have a feeling it'll just get bigger once GTA:O happens (more spending on weapons right?) so I'm afraid to cash out.

I considered going into pisswasser but I imagine that'd be more affected by stock market activity than natural gamer activity, so I'm more skeptical.

I almost like the consistency of BurgerShot more -- always seems to fluctuate between 3-5. Don't have to worry about community confusion etc

Tik-Tok

I dont have access to BAWSAQ cause I'm playing off line :(
I've done the couple of Lester missions and seemed to make a mistake.
Is there any other way to invest and make some money through doing missions etc ?

Derrick01

Banned
Fucking hell i
killed Packie
during his random intro mission and i cant get him back. Am i missing anything for not getting him?

I don't think you're missing anything seriously important but I've taken him on a few heists and there is a surprising amount of special dialog I've heard just for taking him. It's pretty cool.

I know that feeling.

Man will you guys stop saying this and just make a new thread already.

Septimius

I was just popping in to say HAL is a stock to go for. I see it's all we talk about. I've made about 100% in no time on it.

So do we know anything more about BAWSAQ and how it works? Suggestions seemed to be that it was affected by what others did in their game. Or is it actually down to how people trade?

Derrick01

Banned
By the way what is HAL and why is it so desirable? Especially with the guides to get billions from the story.

The description makes it seem like some kind of weapons manufacturer but I don't know how to raise/lower it. It's desirable (or was rather) because when the game launched the stock was at $1 and it stayed there for a good 4-5 days before it slowly started rising. People were sinking millions into it or whatever they had at the time and now that it's gone up almost every day since it finally started going up people are making millions in profit, sometimes even a billion. Every other stock on Bawsaq with the exception of pisswasser and I think Whiz was over $100 a share so that made HAL very appealing.

Onikaan

Where do the vehicles you buy from the Warstock website end up? I bought the Army cruiser but it's not in my garage? I received the conformation email too.

Septimius

Does anyone know how often the Social Club BAWSAQ is updated compared to the ingame BAWSAQ? Does the 5 hour chart work in-game? What do people know about BAWSAQ?

I'd like to put together a guide, based on what I know of technical analysis of real stocks, combined with the way it works in the game. So if this is based on how people actually invest, and not player action, I'd love if someone could back it up.

duckroll

Does anyone know how often the Social Club BAWSAQ is updated compared to the ingame BAWSAQ? Does the 5 hour chart work in-game? What do people know about BAWSAQ?

I'd like to put together a guide, based on what I know of technical analysis of real stocks, combined with the way it works in the game. So if this is based on how people actually invest, and not player action, I'd love if someone could back it up.

I think the only people who really know are the people in Rockstar who manage it. Everything else is speculation and guesswork based on observing trends which could be coincidences.

BOOM
This video contains content from Warner Chappell and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

wowza. Don't really know what to do about that. Sorry. I guess the music wasn't liked by those guys. I dunno why, it's not like i'm making money or anything.

Top Bottom