• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

tookhster

So can anybody tell me where the "weird" areas in the map are? Like where crazy stuff happens. I read somewhere where this person said
he saw a man raping a women and saved her. I also saw that someone said there was a nude beach party.

Stuff like that.

Branson

That imgur of the blue print map with the black light on it. Those markings mean something? I just beat the game and it's time to explore so should I go and investigate some X's?

I accidentally bumped my system with GTA V in the drive (360, disc 2), and now there's a small, semi-circular scratch around the edge of the disc. Two issues: The intro video is bugged out, but will usually pass through, and I'm on the Final Mission and THE DAMN AREA WON'T LOAD AND THE SYSTEM CRASHES EVERY TIME.

I'm trying to install Disc 2 now, but so far no luck. How fucked am I? I contacted rockstar support, but I'm not optimistic.

Derrick01

Banned
Are they serious with this (side content spoiler)
cult shit? I did the last mission, got the trophy and apparently got jack shit for doing all of it. Go Kifflim yourself Cris.

Megasoum

Banned
Post last mission spoiler

So the Merryweather stock completely crash after the end game but it's on LCN...so I guess there's no point investing in it?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
cult shit? I did the last mission, got the trophy and apparently got jack shit for doing all of it. Go Kifflim yourself Cris.

You got a
shitty tractor!

You can(should) just steal the car itself. Or at the heli shoot everyone then take the car, as you get a lot of money. Hopefully you have a save though, because I didn't and had to redo that goddamn 5 mile desert walk.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So how does the scrapyard work? When I destroy a car, I get money? Does it have to be completely destroyed? Does it have to be a car I was driving? Does it works with all characters?

Hopefully you have a save because
you could've killed everyone at the meet and kept the $2m for yourself.

Yeah it's a dick move that they didn't tell you or hint at it, and yeah it's a pain if your last save isn't after the 5 mile grind, but Rockstar gonna Rockstar.

Arozay

Finally got 100%. The plane stunts are pissing me off though, I'm missing 2 bridges and knife flights and can't check which ones... I NEED CLOSURE

Zep

Banned

Yeah it's a dick move that they didn't tell you or hint at it, and yeah it's a pain if your last save isn't after the 5 mile grind, but Rockstar gonna Rockstar.

I know what I'm doing tonight.

iddqd

I'm annoyed now that I did not wait with the Lester missions.
It's not REALLY a big deal as I'm not super into buying property.. but goddamn.. would have been fun to read that stuff earlier...

TTG

So can anybody tell me where the "weird" areas in the map are? Like where crazy stuff happens. I read somewhere where this person said
he saw a man raping a women and saved her. I also saw that someone said there was a nude beach party.

Stuff like that.

Not exactly. The good stuff is out in the country, that's for sure. The random events in the city are predictable, but out and about it's fantastic. Especially because you come across them on your own, it feels like genuine discovery. That being said, here are 2 locations I can recall:

-
After you finish racing Mary Ann(the fitness "strangers and freaks" girl) with Franklin, walk around that area.

-
Out in the canyon area, as you come out towards the highway there will be a sort of campsite, another great one there. I was stuck hiking around out there because I lost my ATV early on, so there's not anything close by to narrow it down further than that.

Come to think of it, I'm sure there's a guide.

Derrick01

Banned

Oh well whatever I guess. I'm going to end up making a lot more than that with the assassination trick. Learning experiences suck.

1 billion on each character from post-game Lester missions. Lol Rockstar.

The economy is so broken. The stock market might be my least favorite addition to the game when combined with the lackluster property ownership. Rockstar needs to go watch Scarface and play Vice City again because they must've forgot how to do and properly pace a "rags to empire" story.

Shady859

I sunk several hours into this today and I finally hit the 25 mission mark. Hoping to play tomorrow a bunch after early football games and monday as well. Gotta wrap up story mode by the time online starts and BF4 betas hit! I will come back and explore and do sides later on.

I've avoided most spoilers and stuff but can anyone tell me if there is a trick to the stock market to make $$$ or you just gambling?

KingKong

Does anyone else find the game way too easy and the missions not that enjoyable?

I'm about half way through and I can't remember the last mission I failed. They all seem over designed too, for example the mission for the producer
where you have to scare the guy by flying the chopper, it tells you to approach stealthily and then you just follow the path from one ladder to another
. Even the heists and big 3-hero missions so far have been so restrictive, for the FIB guys
parking the getaway car didnt matter at all, the masks/trucks were busywork and the mission basically played itself

Does anyone else find the game way too easy and the missions not that enjoyable?

I'm about half way through and I can't remember the last mission I failed. They all seem over designed too, for example the mission for the producer
where you have to scare the guy by flying the chopper, it tells you to approach stealthily and then you just follow the path from one ladder to another
. Even the heists and big 3-hero missions so far have been so restrictive, for the FIB guys
parking the getaway car didnt matter at all, the masks/trucks were busywork and the mission basically played itself

I agree with you on the first mission (though I loved the music + visual combo) but I disagree with the 2nd.
Blitz Play, and all the set-up missions
was classic GTA execution, and one of the most satisfying "arcs" so far in terms of seeing everything come together properly, up there with the first heist IMO. i have a lot of issues with the game, but that was not one of them.

Arcteryx

0_0nrsoe.jpg

Time to do some night races

How do the races unlock? I think there are 5 street races and I just did the 3rd one at the airport and don't see the next one unlocking. I think I'm supposed to get a call from that Asian dude for the next race but wondering if I have to do something else. Finished all the other off road and ATV/ jet ski races and they were all really easy.
so what mission can i actually use ricky from lifeinvader? keeps on pestering me
There is a heist that involves hacking I believe. Or something. Should be one of the early heists. I forget. It is the only one he is available for iirc.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
How do the races unlock? I think there are 5 street races and I just did the 3rd one at the airport and don't see the next one unlocking. I think I'm supposed to get a call from that Asian dude for the next race but wondering if I have to do something else. Finished all the other off road and ATV/ jet ski races and they were all really easy.

Street Races (and their icons) only appear at night. I think.

So because I have hundreds of millions of dollars on all three characters I turned all of Michael's guns orange (since it looks nice and I play as him the most) and all of Franklin's guns green (since GSF4lyfe).

I wonder if I should turn all of Trevor's pink.

Hip Hop

Was 13 nuclear wastes in when I crashed into a boat and my sub exploded.

Contemplating whether to go back in the water or not.

So I purchased the Sonar Collections Dock last night.

There can't be a better property in the game, can there? Because this is AMAZING!
Heh. Wait till you have to do a lap around the entire San Andreas map in that slow ass submarine to collect all the toxic waste. The ocean is fairly lifeless in my opinion. Not enough fish - though, it does look beautiful. Going deep enough and seeing the sub get crushed under the pressure is pretty amazing.
Was 13 nuclear wastes in when I crashed into a boat and my sub exploded.

Contemplating whether to go back in the water or not.
Damn I crashed a bunch and didn't explode. That sucks. Backtracking to your last location is gonna be super slow.

Heh. Wait till you have to do a lap around the entire San Andreas map in that slow ass submarine to collect all the toxic waste. The ocean is fairly lifeless in my opinion. Not enough fish - though, it does look beautiful. Going deep enough and seeing the sub get crushed under the pressure is pretty amazing.

I've been driving around collecting them...is that a race of some sort with a time limit or is it just that you have to go all the way around the map to collect them all?

If it's the latter, I'm totally fine with that. Just forces you to explore as much of it as possible. :p

I've been driving around collecting them...is that a race of some sort with a time limit or is it just that you have to go all the way around the map to collect them all?

If it's the latter, I'm totally fine with that. Just forces you to explore as much of it as possible. :p
Driving around collecting what? The nuclear waste? No I meant making a lap around San Andreas in the ocean in the submarine collecting the nuclear waste barrels underwater. No race. No time limit. Just very slow. Not mandatory for 100% but you get a million dollars collecting them all and a trophy.

Driving around collecting what? The nuclear waste? No I meant making a lap around San Andreas in the ocean in the submarine collecting the nuclear waste barrels underwater. No race. No time limit. Just very slow. Not mandatory for 100% but you get a million dollars collecting them all and a trophy.

Yeah, I'm fine with that. Sounds like a great way to kill a couple of hours exploring. The trophy and the money are the icing on the cake.

I just love long periods of soaking it all in (no pun intended). I had already started with collecting nuclear waste when I bought the property. I got a little over 10 before I had to force myself to get to bed.

It's also the nuance of being able to exit the sub whenever I want with scuba gear on that makes it even more fun. Can't wait to get back to it.

Top Bottom