• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Caode

100%

Just in time for GTA Online.... (well a day or so early)

Think I'll go for the 70 gold medals trophy next... should be handy enough.

MattDoza

Just finished the last mission.

Full disclosure: the credits were taking forever and I switched over when Breaking Bad started. They must have been near the end because when I switched back during a commercial my
psychiatric report
was up.

Did I miss any other post-credit stuff?

Nah, there wasn't any post-credits stuff besides the reports.

Hip Hop

So an interesting tidbit: I'm going for the 70 golds trophy now that I've got everything except that and spend $200 million (that one is pending stock market success). Apparently you don't have to complete every challenge in one attempt--they can be spread across multiple playthroughs of the same mission. Sure it wastes time to repeat the same mission over and over one challenge at a time, but if you only missed one challenge during your story mode playthrough, you're free to focus on just the specific challenge that you missed before. That's definitely going to make this much less of a hassle than I was prepared for it to be.

And that is why I am going with the 1,000 achievement. It seems so easy compared to other games and this being my favorite series, it is a must that I achieve it. First time going all the way too.

cdkee

Banned
I just did a water/boat race for the first time, 40 hours in. Wow, the water in this game is crazy. Funny because DICE is talking about their dynamic water for next-gen...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Finished the game tonight. All hyperbole aside I can confidently say I've enjoyed this game more than any other game of this console gen. It was not perfect but it was pure fun. Fun is the reason I play video games and RockStar delivered truckloads of it to me.

Longest.Credits.EVER.

Can't wait for online. See you there Gaming Age Family.

I just did a water/boat race for the first time, 40 hours in. Wow, the water in this game is crazy. Funny because DICE is talking about their dynamic water for next-gen...

Man I cannot wait for MP...It's gonna be so fun scuba diving with friends to see who gets eaten by a shark first...

Going on a boat ride with friends and when they hop out into the ocean take off in the boat and leave them to be shark food...

So many possibilities.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I found this on 4chan, and guess what? It fucking works. Takes a bit of tender loving care, but it hasn't failed me after 4 times.

Okay guys. I found a glitch on this here game and decided to repeat it.

Here's what you need.

1. Michael.
2. A weapon, preferably one that can get around killing NPCs at your house (I'll explain later).
3.Day time
4. Preferably the whole family at home, which happens all the time in the day I think.
5. The gardener placed by the bushes near the tennis court. He's usually there in the morning or by the pool, but he has to be by the court for this to work I assume.

Go to the gardener. Talk to him for the hell of it, then do something to kill him. A shotgun butt to the head works, and you may have to shoot it off first for it to connect.

Lose the cops if they come but make sure the worker is dead. Now, go to the house and wait next to the front door. You don't need to do this, but it'll show you the spawning in front of your eyes.

Why does this happen? Because you killed an "important" piece and the game tries to send another, for whatever reason. Problem is, it sends a bunch of people, including clones and construction workers.

It will crash eventually, so don't expect to do much after. It's just a cool yet shitty ass glitch that Rockstar somehow didn't patch out.

Credits go to that guy.

Holy crap, I just tried it. It's hilarious.

Some of the little things in this game that I keep meaning to call out and make note of:

- Ladders. Thank god ladders actually work. So many games getting onto ladders is so difficult, and GTAV just got it right. I love how your character will swing around if he's on the wrong side of it. They also adjust so that they get onto the ladder on th way down.

Ladders are something no game has ever done well. GTA V does them well.

- Love the highway "edge" warning things. Never seen that in a game.

CHEEZMO&#8482;;84067845 said:
Where can I get the SCUBA gear and the submarine?

There's a dock in the north/northwest of the map that you can purchase. That will spawn a submarine you can use to collect toxic waste barrels.

If you go back there as Michael, there's a stranger mission that will cause a red inflatable boat to spawn there as well. Both will give you SCUBA gear upon exiting them

- Ladders. Thank god ladders actually work. So many games getting onto ladders is so difficult, and GTAV just got it right. I love how your character will swing around if he's on the wrong side of it. They also adjust so that they get onto the ladder on th way down.

The slide-down animation in V isn't as smooth as it was in IV though. Ladder mechanics would be great overall if that was the case.

I lost a Veyron with the garage bug. It was in Micheal's house garage and now nothing is in it and it wont open for me either :( Good thing I didn't pay for that car, but still lost the money from the upgrades ;(

Megasoum

Banned
Some of the little things in this game that I keep meaning to call out and make note of:

Ladders are something no game has ever done well. GTA V does them well.

Also, about the ladders (and staircases), I love how the game will somewhat "autopilot" a bit when you are climbing or going down ladders and staircases. So for example, if you have a staircase that goes multiple levels in a spiral you can just hold forward and Run and your character will turn by itself.

Fjordson

Yeah, I love the big highways. Really fun to drive.

They even sound different when you're on a street near one. Can hear the engine roar of all the cars going by. Especially if you're driving underneath one. Another one of the game's countless little details.

I lost a Veyron with the garage bug. It was in Micheal's house garage and now nothing is in it and it wont open for me either :( Good thing I didn't pay for that car, but still lost the money from the upgrades ;(

I had that garage close too. A while later, it opened back up and the car that was inside was still there even though it definitely vanished at one point. It's seemingly random, but don't give up hope

For those of you that don't know this game is pretty heavily based on this Michael Mann film:

thief+01.jpg

It has the same basic plot and soundtrack. They even named two of the main characters Michael and Frank after the director and main character and the composer is also Tangerine Dreams. It's a pretty rad movie too by the way.

Ahasverus

Is there ANY way to skip the
torture section
? I skipped the mission as
Michael
and it skipped me straight to Trevor
torturing the guy.
I can't do this. It makes me too uncomfortable to play. I want to finish the games story but I've been at this for hours, I just cannot bring myself to do this. :/

Use water method, kill the bearded kinda fat man in red shirt.

Fjordson

That's really the only disappointment for me so far. To have the garage system be such a mess is a damn shame. I want to customize the shit out of some of my nicer cars, but I can't even be sure that I won't lose them.

I have an Adder and a Vacca in Michael's Vinewood garage. Just hoping they don't disappear (knock on wood).

I don't have a capture card, but I did get a photo before it crashed.

0_0.jpg

Jimmy #1's face is perfect.

Adding to this glitch, the gardener has to be in that bush area and not in the front. I assume it's because when you kill him there, the family can "notice", and therefore jump up and be clone-able.

The family has to be at home too, preferably in the dining room close to the pool, but that goes without saying.

beat it. credits time. time for a snack.

i17iTZ6nm8N0n.gif

a bit disappointed the ending thing took the whole game, but hey, good stuff. Don't think this is the best game ever, or the open world game ever, but god damn is this the best open world ever.

not gonna mess with 100%, but will mess with online if its interesting :D

ScOULaris

So I'm making my way through the game and having an absolute blast, but there is one aspect of its design that I can't help but feel is a serious step backward for the series: linear, scripted missions.

Is it just me, or are missions much less open-ended than they were in the older GTA games? GTA4 was starting to go in this direction, but from my time with the game GTA5 takes it to another level. Pretty much every story mission (and even a lot of side missions) shoehorn you into using a specific car, taking a specific route to a destination, and then doing one very specific, scripted action after another.

Between missions is just as open and free as ever, but I have to say that I much prefer the more open-ended design of missions in the PS2-era GTA's. In GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas, your choice of vehicle, weapons load-out, health, armor... etc. going into a mission were all very important. The objectives were simpler back then than they are in the more narrative-driven missions of GTA5, but that allowed the player to approach them in a wider variety of ways.

It's really the most noticeable here when a mission starts you off and requires you to get into a specific car and stay in it until you reach a location, and I'd say that the vast majority of missions in GTA5 do exactly that.

Obviously Rockstar wanted to reign in the freedom during missions a bit in order to have tighter control over the storytelling, and that's a conundrum that hardly anyone in the industry has even approached solving as of yet. Since we still have so much freedom outside of missions, GTA5 still allows for more open-ended fun than most games could dream of. I just wanted to know if I was the only person who felt this way about the mission design in the game.

The fighter jet might as well be useless. There's no longer a hover mode for it like in San Andreas, making it near impossible to shoot specific targets. Another dumb oversight.

Korosenai

For the Hobbies and Pastimes checklist, where it says to win at tennis, can I play 1 set and win to unlock it? Or do I need to play a full game?

Jimmy #1's face is perfect.

Adding to this glitch, the gardener has to be in that bush area and not in the front. I assume it's because when you kill him there, the family can "notice", and therefore jump up and be clone-able.

The family has to be at home too, preferably in the dining room close to the pool, but that goes without saying.

Wow, I take this back. Once he leaves, you are free to kill him and have the glitch happen. I think your family must be dead, because that's how they were when I left them.

Derrick01

Banned
I find it slightly humorous that if you search various underwater wrecks you can come out with more guns and ammo than you would from an Ammunation visit :lol

SlickVic

Just did the "Did Somebody Say Yoga" mission. Great mission, but if
Jimmy doesn't get a beat down at some point in the game, I'm going to be disappointed.

Top Bottom