• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

So I just
got into Los Santos
as Trevor and I'm very happy to say that this game is really starting to pick up. The beginning was nice for the story, but I already grew tired of Franklin being just boring and some wonky, irritating missions. However, Trevor really is bringing a lot of fun to the table, and the story looks like it's gonna go in some interesting directions. Fire-fights as Trevor is much more fun than any of the other characters because of his rage mode which makes random, annoying deaths less prevalent. Plus, it's just super fun to be able to go full rage and run and gun everyone in a room. He seems to have access to cars that are just more fun to control than the city cars, and the terrain is a lot of fun to muck around with in said vehicles because of how diverse it is compared to the city.

I'm really anticipating where the game is gonna take me next, I'm really loving it so far. I'm probably gonna do some more world building activities tomorrow such as side missions, visiting Michael's therapist, etcetera. I can't wait to see how Trevor manages to fuck up Michael and everyone's life, he's just such a ridiculous character that I'm surprised to say I kinda like.

You know when you steal a vehicle for a heist and your cruising to the delivery point to drop it off. What is the name of that hauntingly beautiful track that plays? It's one of the best songs I've ever heard in games and slowly driving back listening to it with the LA skyline lit up in the background is probably one of the best things I've experienced in a game this gen.

Amagon

Listening the ost from itunes and it is sooo good!

3AQmK.gif

duckroll

Oh okay. Well the GTA franchise isn't known for great characters anyway, until now probably. RDR had better characters than any GTA game before that, and I didn't even really like RDR!

Mik2121

Aren't there only like 10 major characters in the game anyway? :p

I think he means of all GTA games. And there are tons of them!.

Anyway, I like some of the conversations with Wade, you think he's going to say something and yet he comes up with something absolutely different (like (mid-game spoiler)
confusing the blood on Trevor's shirt with syrup when leaving his cousin's house
)

Raptomex

I really hope the cops get toned down in a patch. I can't do anything without them coming storming after me. Its really not fun
Yeah, they're rarely roaming the streets and they're watching from everywhere. But Rockstar did say pedestrians will react to your crimes, film it, call the police, take a pic, etc. Maybe that's the justification for no more roaming cops.

The cop AI is fine. The AI is really improved here and I'm happy about it. It's the damage that gets you. It doesn't take much to drop you in this game. That's probably because of the regenerating health. Cover can save lives. So can specials if used at the appropriate times.

Zep

Banned
The cops are fine. The AI is really improved here and I'm happy about it. It's the damage that gets you. It doesn't take much to drop you in this game. That's probably because of the regenerating health. Cover can save lives. So can specials if used at the appropriate times.

They're not fine. I need just a bit more freedom. When my silenced rifle from high up in the mountains sends the cops my way a couple seconds later, something is off. And the fact that they're all platinum level marksmen makes me think things need more balancing.

Raptomex

They're not fine. I need just a bit more freedom. When my silenced rifle from high up in the mountains sends the cops my way a couple seconds later, something is off. And the fact that they're all platinum level marksmen makes me think things need more balancing.
Yeah, I re-read and re-edited my post. I agree to a certain extent. Overall I like the improvements but it's odd when you're wanted for doing things in certain places where there's like no civilization.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Have not posted at all since this game launched. Beat it last week and been grinding out the extras for 100% the last couple days. I'll tell ya, some of those stunt jumps were a pain in the ass, but I'm glad all 50 are out of the way! Guess I'll go play some golf and try to get a hole in one :p

Ferrio

Banned
Just beat it. Easily my most favorite GTA game, and my favorite cast. Trevor is easily the best character in any GTA game... horrible person... great character.

Only blemish on the game was the shitty radio stations.

Bishop89

Just beat it. Easily my most favorite GTA game, and my favorite cast. Trevor is easily the best character in any GTA game... horrible person... great character.

I agree, the stations suck (the music I mean)

I havnt finished the game but ive kinda read what happens.
apparently u have to kill one of the characters, my question is, if u kill trevor for example, are u not able to play as him post game and thus wont b able to do any leftover missions/activities/property purchases? Whats the deal with that?

Zep

Banned

He's easily my favorite Canadian in any videogame ever made.

apparently u have to kill one of the characters, my question is, if u kill trevor for example, are u not able to play as him post game and thus wont b able to do any leftover missions/activities/property purchases? Whats the deal with that?

Just....Finish the game.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

You have half the idea but there are options. Don't spoil yourself kid.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Kinda wish the FIB guy's
death would be the exact same torture minigame.

Was there any other way to finish that?
I used a sniper. I assume rpg would work too.

I used a grenade launcher. It was gloriously impersonal. SHUNK -- BOOM.... vrrrrooooom!

If i customize the GTR I get from the garage, are those mods permanent? Like if I lose the car and get it again, will they still be there? Wait, I have free mods, I'll go try it out myself.

Yes, AFAIK. What's important is that you store modded cars in your COLOURED garage (so, if Franklin then at Grove Street). The house garages don't seem to save your shit right, but I have a modded infernus which is always in there.

Only thing I don't really like about the new driving is the very Arcady turning over your car, takes no skill and in old GTA games you had to line up the wheels right but it was possible to avoid a roll

As far as I remember, mid air turning and rolling your car back has been in GTAs since SA, only it's a touch more pronounced here.

You need the app. And the usefulness of his ability isn't as good as you might think. He finds any kind of item, not just hidden. So if there' a gun, or health pickup in the area, he'll also find that. Wouldn't rely on it as a tool to find all collectibles over a guide map.

I find that Chop is useful when combined with a map (like the one on Social Club). Use the map to get close and then get Chop to do the last bit of finding. I spent three hours on it yesterday and barely got 25% of them. Not gonna have this 100%d before 80 hours methinks...

red731

At work now, dreaming about flying and jumping out.
Causing chaos and rampage.
Just drive and deliver people via taxi.
Hike on top of the mountains.
Hunting animals.
Finishing damn plane trial missions.
I need to shift some stock.
I was to rob a store for the first time.
I want to play tennis like the old fucker I am.
I want to play golf.
This game.

leng jai

So now I need to play as Michael and do some flight schooling. I also got a text as Trevor about a submarine. Think my motivation to play is waning slightly with that combo.

Nyx

Best radio stations in a GTA ever imo.

Dabanton

So now I need to play as Michael and do some flight schooling. I also got a text as Trevor about a submarine. Think my motivation to play is waning slightly with that combo.

Both are pretty fun. You don't even need to do all the flying missions just stop before the helicopter ones.

Looking at my in-game stats, it states my favourite radio station for all three characters is Radio Los Santos, which makes no sense as I rarely listen to it. Is it glitched for everyone or am I unlucky?

Ein Bear

Have to say, the one single flaw this game has is the disappointing talk radio. The talk stations were always my favourites in the previous games, but the one here is really weak in comparison.

"ABSOLUTELY LAZLOW, KILLER BEES."

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

You don't need to do the flight school missions as M, T simply suggests you get some becasue you suck. It's not required though. I only did them with T and it was fine.

The sub is fun though.

I did not even play the game the last couple of days because I was busy and I still got 30+ story missions that needs to be done. I do not think I will be playing Online soon by this rate.

sw26

Loving this game. About 18 hours in, 36% completion. The mission variety compared to vanilla GTAIV is fantastic so far, and I'm only just over a third of the way through the mainline story missions according to the Social Club site.

As a bit of a completionist when it comes to the GTA series, I can see myself playing this game for a long time. I was up until about 2am this morning getting all the gold medals at the flight school, planes are just so much fun to zoom around in.

Fjordson

Have to say, the one single flaw this game has is the disappointing talk radio. The talk stations were always my favourites in the previous games, but the one here is really weak in comparison.

"ABSOLUTELY LAZLOW, KILLER BEES."
Some of them are good I think.

Chakra Attack and Danny McBride's show are hilarious. Bless Your Heart isn't that great to me, though, and Lazlow's show is only okay. I like it more than Integrity 2.0, but not nearly as much as his San Andreas segments or Chatterbox.

Kvik

The best option will be the inevitable first person view mod on the PC version which will give you the actual perspective behind the wheel by cycling through the view options, just like GTA IV.

Yeah, this would be one of the many mods I will be installing should the PC version ever comes out. I think there's also a Sleepy Dawgs mod which is similar in purpose.

BigDug13

You don't need to do the flight school missions as M, T simply suggests you get some becasue you suck. It's not required though. I only did them with T and it was fine.

The sub is fun though.

Why bother doing the flight school with T when he already starts out maxed in flying? If you're going to do them, might as well do them as Michael or Franklin so that you get some kind of character skill improvement out of it.

Top Bottom