• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... According to the achievement hunting map there's hidden packages in the game?

lol...I have over 50 hours played and had no idea. I knew about the letters and spaceship parts but is there anything associated with the packages?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wait... According to the achievement hunting map there's hidden packages in the game?

lol...I have over 50 hours played and had no idea. I knew about the letters and spaceship parts but is there anything associated with the packages?

They're not the same as the old ones. I think there's only about 12, and they're money. Between 12 and 25k that I've found.

Kaladin

Finally got into the Trevor part of the game....yes, I'm slow with these games. Is it wrong that I'm having the most fun with this character vs the others?

Dragnet

Is there a way to get the
James Bond car
permanently post-game?

So annoying that the guns are still attached on the hood on the version you can buy too. There needs to be some backstreet customs shop that'll fit guns and stuff. 8-Ball style.

Dabanton

Finally got into the Trevor part of the game....yes, I'm slow with these games. Is it wrong that I'm having the most fun with this character vs the others?

Not really.

All three have their charms. But Trevor is so crazy that anything he gets up to is immediately more fun.

Megasoum

Banned
Minor vehicle spoiler I guess...

So I was watching a stream over the week-end and the guys were driving some kind pimped up ATV that looked like a miniature truck or something. Is that something you get through the Custom shop or it's something else?

ironcreed

Banned
Finally beat it yesterday. Not crazy about the end, but I did what I had to do.

I loved Trevor for the first half of the game, but he became pretty unbearable. The way he butchered Floyd and his Fiance, left Michael to be killed and caused problems with the mercs being prime examples. Even though I felt bad about it, he was the obvious choice for me.

Derrick01

Banned
If there's one good thing this game did it's that it finally helped me understand that old South Park episode where everyone thinks a goat is Stevie Nicks. Never got that until I heard her song on the rock station in this game.

Minor vehicle spoiler I guess...

So I was watching a stream over the week-end and the guys were driving some kind pimped up ATV that looked like a miniature truck or something. Is that something you get through the Custom shop or it's something else?

Ron gives Trevor a hot rod ATV after you beat the game

Dreaver

Does anyone here have issues with the game reloading old saves randomly?

It started two days ago, sometimes the game just randomly goes to black and a few seconds alter the game reboots. It gives me a error that there was an error with the HDD. It all started when I my Xbox turned off during a mission (Xbox automatically turns off after an hour).

Now I can't get past a Solomun mission, because the game keeps 'rebooting' at the exact same frame. I am going to try and reload another save, but it's really annoying and happens quite a lot.

I can't transfer my files to another device (20gb HDD and no external ones). This is extremely annoying...

Do more people here have this problem?

Fake edit: I see more people on the internet have this problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Megasoum

Banned
Ron gives Trevor a hot rod ATV after you beat the game

Ohhhhhh right forgot about that. I got the message from Ron saying he left me a present but forgot to check back at the house.... Cool.

Other question... How do the stunt jump work exactly? Everytime I jump on one I always fail it but I have no idea why? Except for the times I really miss the landing of course but sometimes it looks totally fine and I still fail it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can't believe collecting all
50 spaceship parts
nets you
a crappy moonbuggy.
That is a huge letdown for the effort involved.

I honestly think that one of the themes of the game is that hard work does not always net rewards, because it happens far too often to be coincidence. And it's funny.

E92 M3

So - I missed on doing the L missions with Frankie after the
Big Score
and now only have the
16 million or so
after that mission. What are some tips to make a few hundred million? I am quite busy work and can't follow the insider trading too much =/

Maaan I'm really sucking at keeping up with this topic.

Yeah, can't believe people thought damage was toned down.

It's not so much toned down as vehicles were given a huge boost to their durability, frames don't deform nearly as much as in IV without a super hard impact.

Setting a waypoint is awful in this game. I'm really tired of getting near where I want to go and then all of a sudden being redirected down some highway or street that doesn't lead there at all. Quite frankly, the whole map system in this game should've been completely overhauled.

I'm disappointed that they didn't use a line or something (preferably not arrows though) overlayed in the game world instead of sticking with the minimap, it's distracting and while I've used the GPS function a lot less than I did in IV when I do I still hate that I'm glancing down at it every five seconds, maybe that's the point... *shrug*

That's a beautiful ride!

[Intro To Trevor HATE]
Having him destroy Johnny K like that after fucking his girl made me so angry! We protected that man- tried to hold the pieces of The Lost together- then we're chasing 'em down, killing Terry and Clay! I wonder what happened to Angus... Trevor showed no mercy- that gang was definitely on the outs, but it was such an unexpected cameo/quick death!

That was certainly a shock moment and it bummed me out for a bit.

Ohhhhhh right forgot about that. I got the message from Ron saying he left me a present but forgot to check back at the house.... Cool.

Other question... How do the stunt jump work exactly? Everytime I jump on one I always fail it but I have no idea why? Except for the times I really miss the landing of course but sometimes it looks totally fine and I still fail it.

It's annoying, you HAVE to land in a specified area (without crashing of course) and in a lot of instances with the ones I've done you can fail if you jump too far from going too fast.

I honestly think that one of the themes of the game is that hard work does not always net rewards, because it happens far too often to be coincidence. And it's funny.

I was thinking that perhaps they were being nice not locking away some god tier item behind something so tedious, but at least give me something worthwhile.

Dreaver

Ok this really sucks. My game is stuck because the game KEEPS rebooting every time when I start a certain mission. Apparently it's a bigger problem on the old Xbox's (I think mine is around 2007). A lot of people have this issue.

"The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device"

I borrowed the copy of my housemate, with his disk the Xbox even freezes at the loading screen. This really SUCKS, because I am like 5 missions away from the ending... :/

I already tried clearing my cache.

Derrick01

Banned
Man they really need to patch this cop system. You can't even dive out of a plane without getting a star in this game, although by the time you parachute down it's usually gone. It's still kind of ridiculous though.

Grimsen

That achievementhunter map. Gawddamn! Thanks for that.

This game just keeps surprising me. Had two laugh-out-loud moments this weekend. (mid game-ish spoilers)

The first one was right after I had decided to give M and T big beards, because why not.
They end up as motorcycle cops. Brilliant.

The second was with the mobster's wife in the trailer. I go back there to see what's up, and she's up and about, cleaning the kitchen counter. Then I notice the rest of the trailer. I was in tears.

Well done, R*.

Megasoum

Banned
I really wish there was a jetpack in the game...not because it's cool (well that too..) but because it makes getting all the collectible so much easier.

Dreaver

Guys, quick question: how can I safety delete the first install disc from the HDD? Can I just delete part0 (2gb), part1 (2gb), part2 (2gb) and part3 (1.7gb) from the settings menu (it's all there is apart from the saves, so I am sure those are the files)? Or is there another way how I need to delete it? I really, really don't want to corrupt my saves or so.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I was thinking that perhaps they were being nice not locking away some god tier item behind something so tedious, but at least give me something worthwhile.

See, with that kind of attitude, I'm glad you didn't get anything nice :p it's all about the journey. I learned that getting the pigeons in GTAIV.

One of the first lines i remember when first starting up the game blasting down some busy street in a Comet, crash in to telephone pole and this woman on the sidewalk goes :

"Wow! Unreal!"

Then this guy next to her says :

"Nah, i'll tell you when it's unreal"

Ha! Awesome.

Man they really need to patch this cop system. You can't even dive out of a plane without getting a star in this game, although by the time you parachute down it's usually gone. It's still kind of ridiculous though.

I don't really have a problem with it. I just go hide behind something for 30 seconds. Or just leave the area. I guess it is the result of the crowd AI now having the ability to call 911 straight from their cell phones.

Zep

Banned
I'm actually shocked that the
Bond car
wasn't a pre-order bonus or something. With stuff like being that left out, this is why we need a PC version. Hate to bring up that beast of a conversation again, but its true.

Tawpgun

Regarding the ending decision... I chose C but...

I chose deathwish because I ain't about betraying my bros.... however, if you choose to kill Michael/Trevor do you actually do it? As in will that character die and you won't be able to play them in the end game?

And honesty too, I'm still pissed that I played the "good guy" route with the last Stranger and Freaks mission with Michael
joining Epsilon
I should have made a save beforehand, first time I tried it I
drove off with the money
but after I
killed off all the Epsilon henchmen it gave me a three star wanted level and I just couldn't shake off the damn cops, tried a jump to escape but where it lead was not where I thought it would be and drowned the car.

daviyoung

Banned
Regarding the ending decision... I chose C but...

I chose deathwish because I ain't about betraying my bros.... however, if you choose to kill Michael/Trevor do you actually do it? As in will that character die and you won't be able to play them in the end game?

Trevor yes, although I think you can save Michael at the last minute

Ranger X

Yeah I just got to Trevor yesterday or something. I did the part and now I am "free" with all characters. Trevor is fucking awesome. I also like him much. I mostly like the environnement where he comes from though. DAT LAKE/MOUNTAIN. holyshit, seriously. Am in love with GTA5's world

MMaRsu

What you posted before spoilers is in itself a spoiler dude, watch out!!!! Hide that shit.

Also yes.

I don't really have a problem with it. I just go hide behind something for 30 seconds. Or just leave the area. I guess it is the result of the crowd AI now having the ability to call 911 straight from their cell phones.

I think it's a much better system than just having lots of cop cars randomly roaming around. You can take out people when you hear them talking about phoning the cops, which is a cool mechanic, and every time I'm speeding down a highway and see a patrol car pulled over on the side waiting I always panic a bit and slow down, heh.

theRizzle

Can anyone give me some direction on how to get the
helicopter
for the
Merriweather
heist? Does it have to be the specific one marked on the map? (in the
Army Base?

I actually chose the other option, but am watching my roommate try and do this and it seems crazy.

tranciful

Can anyone give me some direction on how to get the
helicopter
for the
Merriweather
heist? Does it have to be the specific one marked on the map? (in the
Army Base?

I actually chose the other option, but am watching my roommate try and do this and it seems crazy.

Yeah needs to be the
cargohopper
or whatever so you can carry the
sub
. I just drove in fast with a Banshee, hopped in, and got out of there.

When I first got Trevor I was trying to get into one of the t-shirt stores and this woman, who I was several feet away from, starting screaming saying she'll call the cops. I was unarmed and doing nothing. She called the cops as I was entering the store, I could no longer use the store, and the cops swarmed at my location like crazy.

I mean I know Trevor is crazy, but come on.

That happened to me with Franklin in the Hollywood Hills. I was walking and this guy just lost his shit and started saying he was going to call the cops. I stood there. Eventually the cups swarmed and I was like "WHY."

Racism in los Santos!

You did. There's several cranes in that area and this one's kind of hugging a building. It's a really goddamn long climb too, like 5 minutes real time almost. While you're up there make sure you climb the extra tiny ladder at the top to get to a platform that has a collectible up there (paper I think). Would suck to have to climb that again after parachuting.
OK thanks for the tip.

Question: are all the land based collectibles accessible by foot or do some require a helicopter/etc to get up somewhere?

There really hasn't been a great talk radio station in a GTA since Vice City. I like a few of the shows in 5 but they're too short and there's not enough of them so it feels like they all cycle through each other really fast. I think I've heard chakra attack about 30 times already.

Agreed. San Andreas & VIce City radio programs were so great, and I loved how they told a story.

The Wild Traveler... RAWR.

Top Bottom