• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Expecting online to launch late in the day tbh. Probably during psn store update times so like 7ish.

Wow didn't even see that. Incredible

I'm hoping for 5am-ish tomorrow on XBL. Wake up earlier before work and create my character. Mess around for a few then head to work. (that's ideal. I doubt that will happen. servers will be hammered.)

Anyone know if there is any cowboy hat to wear or a revolver? I'll love to fool around Señora Desert on my "No Country for old man" disguise!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How can I make about 50K quick on Michael? Need it for a mission, and all my money is in the stock market, lol.

Gorillaz

I'm hoping for 5am-ish tomorrow on XBL. Wake up earlier before work and create my character. Mess around for a few then head to work. (that's ideal. I doubt that will happen. servers will be hammered.)
I personally think early to mid day is best since most people will be out. Won't be surprised if its late at night tho

If there's one good thing this game did it's that it finally helped me understand that old South Park episode where everyone thinks a goat is Stevie Nicks. Never got that until I heard her song on the rock station in this game.

Why so long? :D I enjoy some of her stuff but the goat thing is something her vocals sometimes reminded me off before that SP episode, might have to do with my being around goats a lot back when I was a kid. That song really does hammer the point home though.

There really hasn't been a great talk radio station in a GTA since Vice City. I like a few of the shows in 5 but they're too short and there's not enough of them so it feels like they all cycle through each other really fast. I think I've heard chakra attack about 30 times already.
Agreed. San Andreas & VIce City radio programs were so great, and I loved how they told a story.

The Wild Traveler... RAWR.

Yeah, mostly disappointed with the talk radio, especially WCTR. I didn't like Chakra Attack the first time I heard it, I absolutely hate it now. It's not funny or interesting and probably doesn't help that I've never been a fan of JB Smoove. When I see it on I avoid the station. BCTR is a bit better but both stations got old really fast, I dunno if it's the lack of over all content on them or just that they're not that funny that made it so, maybe both.

"Hey, Trace!"
"Hey, Tracey!"
"What's going on, Trace?"
"All good, Trace?"
"Tracey!"
"I love you, Trace!"

*Throws sticky bomb*
This.

Does she every reply?

Tracy seems to "die" in terms of interaction after you finish the story, it's kinda sorta annoying.

I've encountered a glitch that is preventing me from progressing in the game.

In the FIB mission where you need to get the nerve gas from the facility, I get to the point where you need to kill all of the military near the exit. I kill them all, and then Dave and Steve go out of cover and just stand there. The objective still says to kill all the military, but there are no more, and my AI guys just stand there and won't move. I try running out but nothing happens. There is nothing I can do to advance the mission. I tried restarting and it does it again.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
from reddit:

Spending time with the family..

kMLwALJ.jpg

Zep

Banned
I've encountered a glitch that is preventing me from progressing in the game.

In the FIB mission where you need to get the nerve gas from the facility, I get to the point where you need to kill all of the military near the exit. I kill them all, and then Dave and Steve go out of cover and just stand there. The objective still says to kill all the military, but there are no more, and my AI guys just stand there and won't move. I try running out but nothing happens. There is nothing I can do to advance the mission. I tried restarting and it does it again.

did you run inside the container where the nerve gas is located? Try doing that and see if it triggers the cutscene.

Zep

Banned
There's a container right outside that looks like I should be going to, but I run in it and around it and nothing happens.

Damn that's weird. You sure there is nobody left inside, in the corridors? Also, I know you can fail the mission on purpose
by shooting the nerve gas with a grenade launcher round.
Try that and see if it fails you and kinda "restarts" the mission the right way.

Ahasverus

What's lame is using an invincibility cheat for this game.

Shit is way too easy.

The challenge lies in nailing golds for every mission.

Who would use an invincibility cheat on a mission? But it's great for the after game when you're bored, sometimes you just want to play Rambo without consequences. Or use the Skyfall cheat with it and make GTA V the best Saints Row IV. It's lame that they limit whatever fun could be taken with the cheat.

Zep

Banned
Who would use an invincibility cheat on a mission? But it's great for the after game when you're bored, sometimes you just want to play Rambo without consequences. Or use the Skyfall cheat with it and make GTA V the best Saints Row IV. It's lame that they limit whatever fun could be taken with the cheat.

You can't just put in the cheat code again after the 5 mins?

Ishida

Banned
Tracy seems to "die" in terms of interaction after you finish the story, it's kinda sorta annoying.

I'm still not done with all the story (But I'm near the end, I believe). After the
Reuniting the Family
mission I hanged out with Amanda and Jimmy, but Tracey's phone always says she's busy...

todahawk

How can I make about 50K quick on Michael? Need it for a mission, and all my money is in the stock market, lol.

radioactive waste if you have the sub.
No sub? swim underwater NW of Paleto Bay for a $12K briefcase of cash near the underwater plane wreckage, switch characters to refresh teh case.

There's a case with $25k west-ish, northwest of the pier with the ferris whale too.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
radioactive waste if you have the sub.
No sub? swim underwater NW of Paleto Bay for a $12K briefcase of cash near the underwater plane wreckage, switch characters to refresh teh case.

There's a case with $25k west-ish, northwest of the pier with the ferris whale too.

Radioactive waste only pays Trevor. I'll try the briefcase thing, though.

So I walked up to this group of people doing yoga in Mirror Park during the morning hours thinking it might be cool to join in or something. Naturally this level of immersion isn't built into the game, and the group ended up taking offense to my standing around and started a fist fight. I murdered them all.

Actually I think it pays the person who bought the propriety.

This is correct. I bought it with Michael, intending to kill some time while
I wore those fucking Epsilon robes, here's a hint, the time in the sub doesn't count towards your 10 days.
And Michael got the money when it was time for the weekly payday.

keyrat

Can I ask in what world does a cellphone take a photo like the phones in this game? Scanlines and vignetting don't show on any cellphone I've ever shot with. I can get a nicer image shooting off-screen with my real phone.

So when give the option for npc to live or die, what did you do?

They all dead jim. Was gonna save the movie actor... but 10 grand is kinda not much.... therapist guy... fuck his pube head.

Andrew.

Banned
Dayum. That's awesome. Thank god for people that look for this stuff and put it out there for us.

Thats nothing. Climb to the tip top of Mt. Chiliad and check out the weird diagram inside of that small utility building or whatever it is. Someone on here posted a video of two dudes probing into some weird theory involving the
UFO
placement and the three little boxes on the diagram with drawings in them. One of those drawings surely looks like someone with a jetpack on.

I wouldn't be surprised if its hidden somewhere in the world, but hidden under really strict guidelines. (100% in game and on Social Club, certain time of day, weather permitting, clothing worn, etc.)

Already well aware of the UFO appearance that requires this, though.

"We're through the Looking Glass here, people."

tumblr_m7butiSIvt1qjn9pd.png

TheContact

Found a glitch before the last heist when
Jimmy
calls you for help

I took a cab to the destination and the dialogue started going off but the car was invisible. Here's the result:
I can drive around like this and it has collisions, it's just invisible for some reason

Anyway this kinda sucks because it won't let me complete the mission now

How does that social club stuff work? Do I need that and can I only sign up via PC and then have to link my PS3 afterwards or will that be done ingame somehow?

Top Bottom