• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

ieatzombies

I finally finished the story. Talk about an ending/last mission that felt rushed, it could have easily been several well planned and intense missions but I guess they had to make room for the ~20 junk missions in the game where you do almost nothing. I also felt like the heists were extremely underwhelming except for the first one oddly enough. The planning for them was doing tedious and simple activities that also counted as story missions when you finished them. As far as mission quality goes I think I have to rate this lower than San Andreas since there weren't as many memorable missions and too much filler in between the good ones. There's still too many go here and shoot 40 guys missions with nothing in those to spice it up but it is an improvement over GTA 4 still. Rockstar's slowly getting the quality of their missions back up to where it was in 2004.

I really enjoyed the game overall and it's refreshing to finally play a game that lives up to its hype and isn't a complete disappointment. I hope they make heist DLC packs down the road that are more diverse and have you doing crazier things then you do in the main game, preferably in some of the many areas of the map that we didn't get to go to.
I have to agree with this completely. Bar the shortcomings, it feels great to have a game with all of the hype train to come along with it, finally live up to and surpass some of my expectations. It's all in the details and that's something that they nailed and made the world and sometimes wonky physics feel that much more fun than the drab gta IV. Only thing left is to see if they can match it online.

Has anybody seen this car?
NfkgS7f.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
So, if I buy a chopper on the web with Trevor....

1-Will it show up on his airfield in Sandy Shore?

2-Will it stay there is that also part of the garage save bug?

TheContact

Near end game spoiler question

Just got the option between the 3. If I choose one, would that be the best time to go and do all their missions because there's no going back? I don't want to lose anyone and I feel like I'm just going to sit at this point in the story for a long time and not want to finish the game

I'm wondering the same thing. I bought a jeep from the weapon cache site as Trevor and it didn't tell me where it sent it in the email. I've checked Travor's hangar, Michael's hangar and Trevor's garage. No jeep in sight!

Megasoum

Banned
Near end game spoiler question

Just got the option between the 3. If I choose one, would that be the best time to go and do all their missions because there's no going back? I don't want to lose anyone and I feel like I'm just going to sit at this point in the story for a long time and not want to finish the game

End game spoiler obviously

If you take option C they both survive

Has anybody seen this car?

Nope

It should show up at the airfield you have to walk to the helicopter, press right and select it (if its anything like the Helipad at Vesppuci for Franklin.

I can't comment on the save bug since I've been unaffected by it.

Question about the ending.

If I chose to keep everyone alive and replay the mission to see the other endings, will the game revert to my previous decision? So if I kill Michael or Trevor in a replay, will they still be dead in my main game? I want to play those missions, but don't really want to do a 30 minute mission again just to get the main game back to the good ending.

Fergie

Banned

If I chose to keep everyone alive and replay the mission to see the other endings, will the game revert to my previous decision? So if I kill Michael or Trevor in a replay, will they still be dead in my main game? I want to play those missions, but don't really want to do a 30 minute mission again just to get the main game back to the good ending.
If you save after your choice it stays like that. So if you want to see all the endings, save before the choice.

save before you enter franklins house, otherwise when you're making the choice you can't save, which happened to me.

Lunzio

I cannot give you a direct answer, but I had the same problem so I watched them on Youtube instead. They're really nothing in comparison to ending C. Really just a call, meet-up, and kill.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i finally finished it! I think the final mission was slightly underwhelming but i still thought it was good ending. I have a question tough:

near the end of the game you 3 choices, i choosed the third option. Is there a way to check the other without starting the whole game again? keep in mind i already overwritten my save lol ohhh

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
i finally finished it! I think the final mission was slightly underwhelming but i still thought it was good ending. I have a question tough:

near the end of the game you 3 choices, i choosed the third option. Is there a way to check the other without starting the whole game again? keep in mind i already overwritten my save lol ohhh

you can choose mission in the "Game" tab in the pause menu.

each ending is listed separately if I remember correctly

When does the Online launch tomorrow?

And will there be a separate thread?

don't know yet and yes, the GTAO thread is here.

Mik2121

Welp, so much for "roleplaying" the protagonist outfits, everyone's wearing suits now. I can't go against my nature.

For me it's only Michael with the nice classy suit and Franklin with an all-white suit and a white backwards cap, lol! But he looks kinda cool...

Trevor has some jeans and this awesome red and white leather jacket I found on the big Binco in downtown. That store has way more stuff than any other Binco!!

Andrew.

Banned
Baha, I love that clash though! Down from the snake shoes, to the fitted jacket coats- we're looking dapper. Then GOD DAMN- that BEARD. Being beastly!

The casual leather jackets at Suburban for Trevor are so badass though...

You bet your ass I cleaned that store out of them.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Best place to hold a final standoff with police? I'm guessing places where police can't flank you and copters can't get you

Franklin's nice house, downstairs hallway. Perfect choke point. I think you have to first get the police on your case before you can use weapons in there.

Betty

Banned
Best place to hold a final standoff with police? I'm guessing places where police can't flank you and copters can't get you

Inside Ammu-Nations, get behind the counter and you're golden. Alternatively, the underground passages and sewage tunnels are also pretty decent.

Michael's house is probably the absolute best though, there is no way for the cops to advance to the second floor other than the stairs, making it a total slaughter.

Ishida

Banned
For me it's only Michael with the nice classy suit and Franklin with an all-white suit and a white backwards cap, lol! But he looks kinda cool...

Trevor has some jeans and this awesome red and white leather jacket I found on the big Binco in downtown. That store has way more stuff than any other Binco!!

High five. My Franklin is wearing the same! But the cap is black, he is wearing some cool sunglasses, and sports a kickass beard.

My Michael is pretty much like the rest, elegant suits, cool hairstyle, and a beard.

Trevor is sporting the ugly beard, the pink "Pussycat" top, blue shorts and pink sunglasses. lol.

xCobalt

For the assassination missions, how much do the competitor stocks go up? I hear 50% increase pretty often. Can someone confirm?

Just played about an hour into the game... I'm a little under-whelmed. First off, graphically and in terms of setting, it's leaps and bounds above IV. Kudos to Rockstar for juicing the hell out of the PS3/360. But for some reason, the driving and the shooting are both just so boring to me. I really want to like them, but they just feel flat.

Anyway I'll give it another try tomorrow, I'm hoping it's just a feeling.

This traffic spawning bug has made free roaming significantly less interesting.

SUVs/jeeps have become the bane of my existence.

Yep, it's getting ridiculous, hopefully it isn't prevalent in GTA Online. I'm not sure if it's happening more though or if I'm just noticing it more because you guys pointed it out.

So like there's an upside down car in front of Michael's house. What's up with that? Bug? Something I'm forgetting?
It has dollar sign tires?

Just played about an hour into the game... I'm a little under-whelmed. First off, graphically and in terms of setting, it's leaps and bounds above IV. Kudos to Rockstar for juicing the hell out of the PS3/360. But for some reason, the driving and the shooting are both just so boring to me. I really want to like them, but they just feel flat.

Anyway I'll give it another try tomorrow, I'm hoping it's just a feeling.

Shooting never gets really great, but I started off indifferent about the driving and ended up really enjoying it. Also once it opens up you tend to ignore the lacking aspects of the game, I sure did.

Megasoum

Banned
Euphoria is seriously starting to piss me off...

I didn't have any issues during the 50 hours it took me to complete the campaign but now that I'm trying to get all the collectibles...I keep hiting invisible bumps or fall down cliffs for no apparent reasons.... fucking annoying.

QP3

So like there's an upside down car in front of Michael's house. What's up with that? Bug? Something I'm forgetting?
It has dollar sign tires?

Did it spawn you Michaels car upside down?

I noticed one time i booted up and Michael's tires were dollar signs. I never bought them though, but the rest of the car was as I had customized it :-/

Fusebox

Banned
Did it spawn you Michaels car upside down?

I noticed one time i booted up and Michael's tires were dollar signs. I never bought them though, but the rest of the car was as I had customized it :-/

That's how Michaels dipshit son did up the car before returning it.

Is it possible to get rid of a weapon? When I have multiple weapons in one category I have a preference, but it's almost never the one showing, so I have to go through more button presses to get to what I want. If I manage to get myself busted, will the cops take my weapons?

Top Bottom