• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well, I bought a crap ton of stock in RMC. I've been sitting on it until it went up in price. It did today!

But the stocks I spend 200,000+ are missing!

Hurrah!

MizzouRah

I'm trying to have fun with this game but it makes it near impossible. I'm in blaine county trying to get back into the city. There aren't any cars near me so I'm running down a road which is beyond tedious. I finally jack a car, but a cop had spawned behind them. Immediate one star, then two stars for god knows why. I can't lose them and end up getting shot to death and I'm all the way back in blaine county. Back to running down a road. I ended up bad mouthing a citizen so they call the cops on me and it takes about 3-4 minutes to out run them and hide. I've never had this much trouble with cops in a GTA game before. The cops have always been a joke, but now they are a fucking police state.

Just fast swap to a different character who will probably be in the city.

Hey, has anyone experienced what seems to be a bug (or, more likely, I'm just being dumb) where Franklin jumps out of a moving car when in special mode? It happens pretty frequently to me and it's incredibly frustrating when evading the cops, especially when I die because of it. PS3 version by the way...

This never happened to me. Maybe your controller is messed up or you're inadvertently pressing triangle.

params7

Banned
]blacky[;84110231 said:
mother-of-god.jpg

http://gtaforums.com/topic/604778-the-infinite-8-mystery/

Do you guys believe that there are more of this mystery's in GTA V?

This is pretty cool investigative work.

Phreaker

I'm trying to have fun with this game but it makes it near impossible. I'm in blaine county trying to get back into the city. There aren't any cars near me so I'm running down a road which is beyond tedious.

You can't call for a cab in Blaine Co? Cuz calling a cab and skipping the ride seems to be the fastest route for long travel.

Hip Hop

He's referring to the molotovs, not the Epsilon robes, lol.

LMAO. just noticed that.

WTF? There's molotovs?....now that is rare.

EDIT: WTF was I thinking, not even possible to changes clothes on the fly, or to be collected for that matter.

Just wanted to share some pictures.

0_0.jpg

Draw Distance in this game is amazing. You can even see the Ferris wheels at the Pier from downtown!
0_0.jpg

I haven't redeemed my voucher for the blimp yet. Thinking of selling it. Is it any fun?
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Really wish I could interact with this thing!
0_0.jpg

Very LA-ish building.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
UGH! Finally got a car, outrunning the cops(always), getting on the freeway and my car seriously scrapes the side of the concrete barrier.. totaling the car by locking the wheel. I seriously barely touched concrete. It didn't even make a crunch noise, it made the glass shattering noise.

I'm sorry, I know I'm bitching beyond belief. But this is such an incredibly frustrating experience. GTA is my favorite series. I loved GTA IV. But this one is like everything I'm trying to do the game is either fighting me or I'm running through quicksand.

There's nothing to understand, they're terrible. I just did that mission as well, and it took me a year to do what you're talking about. Try to be as delicate as possible, and quickly press the D Pad when that message pops up.You don't have to be perfectly aligned.

I eventually got it but you're right, you just have to be extremely delicate and patient. Between the goofy controls and turbulence it gets frustrating real fast.

Bishop89

^ thanks dude.

I wonder if everyone got the same Psychiatric Report: Here is mine

From the office of Dr Isiah Friedlander
Client Notes - Highly Confidential

Terrifying. Deluded, lonely, desperate and vain.

Cannot make up mind - seemingly about anything.

At times can really embrace his hypocrisy.

Classic consumer, trying to fill spiritual void with material possessions - should try to sell them a lot of my books, CDS etc.

Creepy with women.

Feels need to buy sex - probably for obvious reason - is required to buy it.

Family focused - not sure why.

Greedy, prone to gambling - likely cause of addiction - remember to sell book.

Possibly worst psychopath I have encountered.

Seems to be full blown kleptomaniac.

Seems to like yoga - I'd ask for my money back!

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Picks up lots of weird people.

Not bothered with tasks they deem 'boring'.

Bizarre case study in excess.

Wait from flying school? I really don't get why people find this hard. You just go vertical, and tap LB/RB to stay level with rudder...
Noooooo. The flight school is easy. I'm talking about the 15 special ones you have to do between specific buildings in San Andreas. It is an achievement/trophy (all 15) and necessary for 100% (8 of them.)

They are not super easy. There are 2-3 that are very tight and incredibly annoying since you crash = tedious trek back to get plane and try again.

I'm using the stunt plane. That or the jet plane are easiest.

STUNT FAILED

ARGH! Did the rest of the stunt jumps today... This was very, very, very annoying. As long as you land tires down and meet certain distance or height requirements it should be a success, the whole requiring us to land in a specific area was pissing me off.

Nice to see the inspiration of this.

SCOOOOOTER BROTHERS!
Ugh, this traffic clone bug is by far the worst actual bug in the game right now, worse than the garage saving issues. This is terrible. The same SUV and jeep model everywhere I go with what feels like a 1/10 chance of seeing an area specific vehicle (aside from big trucks on the freeways). It's gotten worse the more I've played.

It does go pretty overboard with it, we get "clones" because of memory limitations, I'm sure it's a bug at least not entirely. I took a pic fairly early of having a road filled with the same model SUV and maybe one other car.

Say what you will about Franklin but he has the best special ability in da game

It's pretty over powered compared to Michael's level one Dead Eye and Trevor's Rampage mode that'll leave him a dead man the second it ends unless you're running away or get behind cover, heh.

It does go pretty overboard with it, we get "clones" because of memory limitations, I'm sure it's a bug at least not entirely. I took a pic fairly early of having a road filled with the same model SUV and maybe one other car.

Nah, there's memory issues, which I understand, and there's what's happening in GTAV. This is a bug. There was a LOT more variety on the road earlier in my playthrough. It's, literally, a dozen of those SUVs/jeeps on screen at any random city block. Then you jump on a highway and all you pass are SUVs and jeeps with the occasional big rig or commercial truck. The only way to escape it is in Sandy Shores where cars spawn 1 at a time, and it's usually an old busted classic. Once you're on a major road the traffic's bugged again. Even up in the Vinewood hills I see 1 sports/super car for every 4 SUVs. I don't even see taxis anymore. Incredibly annoying.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The jeep thing is definitely some kind of weird glitch. I've only had it happen once in 70 hours of playing atleast, but I have no idea what causes it as it happened to me in rich neighborhood.

I love his biker outfit with the black gloves for robbing security trucks. A street bike, and his special, and you're in and out before they know what hit them.
What is the general plan for it? Haven't done one yet.

Just scoot up, throw C4 on back of van, grab stuff and drive to somewhere quiet?

To be sure..if I drive by him and he calls out: "Hey pick me up!" and I ignore him, a day later or so he will be there again?

Yep, they respawn until you successfully complete it.

I'm trying to have fun with this game but it makes it near impossible. I'm in blaine county trying to get back into the city. There aren't any cars near me so I'm running down a road which is beyond tedious. I finally jack a car, but a cop had spawned behind them. Immediate one star, then two stars for god knows why. I can't lose them and end up getting shot to death and I'm all the way back in blaine county. Back to running down a road. I ended up bad mouthing a citizen so they call the cops on me and it takes about 3-4 minutes to out run them and hide. I've never had this much trouble with cops in a GTA game before. The cops have always been a joke, but now they are a fucking police state.

Always carry a grenade or sticky bomb and just kill yourself when its going to be too much of a hassle to get around it.

Fjordson

So what's the deal with non-safehouse garages? They seem to be working so far for me *knock on wood / crosses fingers*. Have a Vacca, Adder and Voltic in Michael's right now.

Safehouse garages have been a little wonky for me, though.

malfcn

All I have is a Lester mission for Frank. I thought we were able to save them for the very end? I do have a B mission for Mike. Maybe something will pop up after that.

Switched to Mike and he is in bed with his wife trying to start some action and gets pushed off, poor guy.

Franklin is awesome just for his special and his association with Lamar, who I just discovered is Slink Johnson. He plays Black Jesus and is part of Tubesteak's entourage on youtube. Funny as fuck.

Also, I'm just trying to have a friendly tennis game with my wife, Los Santos. Can you not get into a massive shootout with the cops while I'm on break point?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
All I have is a Lester mission for Frank. I thought we were able to save them for the very end? I do have a B mission for Mike. Maybe something will pop up after that.

IIRC you have to do the first Lester mission, but the rest can wait. I would do the Michael stuff first to be sure either way though.

Franklin's the least interesting of the three. but because he has little identity compared to the others. he's just a yes-man until the end when he starts finally forming his own opinion and dissing these fools.

lamar so good though. would have much rather played as him even though it wouldn't make any sense for him to be mentored by michael lol.

So what's the deal with non-safehouse garages? They seem to be working so far for me *knock on wood / crosses fingers*. Have a Vacca, Adder and Voltic in Michael's right now.

Safehouse garages have been a little wonky for me, though.

I've never had an issue with the bought/social club garages, only ever the safe house based ones.

I bought all classics for Michael, great for cruising in the hills...Stinger, Monroe, DB700.

malfcn

Nothing like tearing down an open stretch and clipping something to be ejected from the car and wasted. I guess we don't wear good seat belts.

Top Bottom