• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Did it spawn you Michaels car upside down?

I noticed one time i booted up and Michael's tires were dollar signs. I never bought them though, but the rest of the car was as I had customized it :-/

That's exactly it. This is the first time I ever noticed any dollar signs, though. This is after I've beaten the game, mind you. I just tipped it over with Tracey's car.

Some pictures I took on my travels...

9J7Nx1Z.jpg

ipCgDyG.jpg

3nMuR0y.jpg

FfOvBHU.jpg

E2pZvzw.jpg

pfkBAmV.jpg

It's a shame they aren't in-game quality.

Arkage

Banned
A quick question, is diving while shooting as hard as it seems? I'm so used to the lock on for aiming, but then when you're driving you have to manually aim? While still aiming the car direction?

BraXzy

Hahaha. This game still doesn't fail to entertain. I just tried to snipe a guy off his bike but missed, he turned around and tried to pop me with a pistol, he wasn't looking where he was going though and rammed straight into the back of a car. He flew in the air, I ran over, grabbed his bike and drove over him since he fought back :D

Fjordson

Just jacked my first Infernus in Vinewood. Awesome car. Seems like the game is starting to drop in more supercars. Also found a pretty dependable Vacca spawnpoint.

Inside Ammu-Nations, get behind the counter and you're golden. Alternatively, the underground passages and sewage tunnels are also pretty decent.

Michael's house is probably the absolute best though, there is no way for the cops to advance to the second floor other than the stairs, making it a total slaughter.

I took a bong hit while the cops were invading. They politely waited until I got back up. Then I went into bullet time and punched 3 of them down before being taken down myself.

What the fuck? I'm so tired of the choppers in this game.

I'm doing the Monkey Business missions where you steal the chemical weapon and then have to do a pinpoint landing with a huge fucking chopper and place the cargo delicately on the back of a truck. Why did they make the controls so fucking frustrating? I'll push a stick a certain direction and the chopper goes 45 degrees the other way. Fuck this.

Can someone explain the controls to me because I'm clearly not understanding them. And apparently you need god-like control of this thing to be able to complete the mission.

Bishop89

just beat the game
i cant imagine picking anything but option C, having to kill everyone who screwed you and having that all guns blazing ending... A and B seem like they would have led to a lame final mission.

Also when kidnapping dev, it was nice that I had an option to go stealthy at his home, taking out the guards with silenced pistol was cool, unfortunately one of the last guards i had to take out spotted me :(

malfcn

Ran into the Tinkle friend mission. If I skip him will he show up later? Or is it a do it now or forever lose him type of thing?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Just switched over to Trevor and got the
scoooooter brothers
intro. LOL my sides.

just beat the game
i cant imagine picking anything but option C, having to kill everyone who screwed you and having that all guns blazing ending... A and B seem like they would have led to a lame final mission.

Also when kidnapping dev, it was nice that I had an option to go stealthy at his home, taking out the guards with silenced pistol was cool, unfortunately one of the last guards i had to take out spotted me :(

I just beat it tonight too. I agree with you about
choosing C. I chose C as well. I don't know how anyone could choose the other two.

Nebula

Anyone able to make a GIF of this jump for me? Only need it from just before I hit the ramp to when I land and park.

I did plan on beating the game earlier, but once again I got sucked into street racing and recklessly driving the streets. Been around 60% for 2 days now.

What the fuck? I'm so tired of the choppers in this game.

I'm doing the Monkey Business missions where you steal the chemical weapon and then have to do a pinpoint landing with a huge fucking chopper and place the cargo delicately on the back of a truck. Why did they make the controls so fucking frustrating? I'll push a stick a certain direction and the chopper goes 45 degrees the other way. Fuck this.

Can someone explain the controls to me because I'm clearly not understanding them. And apparently you need god-like control of this thing to be able to complete the mission.

There's nothing to understand, they're terrible. I just did that mission as well, and it took me a year to do what you're talking about. Try to be as delicate as possible, and quickly press the D Pad when that message pops up.You don't have to be perfectly aligned.

plc268

There's nothing to understand, they're terrible. I just did that mission as well, and it took me a year to do what you're talking about. Try to be as delicate as possible, and quickly press the D Pad when that message pops up.You don't have to be perfectly aligned.

Helicopter controls are fine. It just takes practice to get used to them, that's all.

Helicopter controls are fine. It just takes practice to get used to them, that's all.

Just like it took practice to get good at GTAIV driving, right?

GTAIV helicopters controlled perfectly. There was no need to add so much instability, over-correction, or turbulence in GTAV. Having to control the nose dipping to gain speed is one thing, but they wobble and tilt to an absurd degree when trying to make small adjustments. Just because you can get used to it (which I have) doesn't make it good.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Hated IV copters, so fragile and scarce! I could live with the turbulence in V if the camera wasn't so schizo or there was an option to turn off auto centering. In short, it was perfect in vice city ten years ago. I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I'm trying to have fun with this game but it makes it near impossible. I'm in blaine county trying to get back into the city. There aren't any cars near me so I'm running down a road which is beyond tedious. I finally jack a car, but a cop had spawned behind them. Immediate one star, then two stars for god knows why. I can't lose them and end up getting shot to death and I'm all the way back in blaine county. Back to running down a road. I ended up bad mouthing a citizen so they call the cops on me and it takes about 3-4 minutes to out run them and hide. I've never had this much trouble with cops in a GTA game before. The cops have always been a joke, but now they are a fucking police state.

Hey, has anyone experienced what seems to be a bug (or, more likely, I'm just being dumb) where Franklin jumps out of a moving car when in special mode? It happens pretty frequently to me and it's incredibly frustrating when evading the cops, especially when I die because of it. PS3 version by the way...

Top Bottom