• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

The online portion is pissing me off. I don't mind not being able to connect, but please save my damn character. I hate having to remake it every time just to see a failure to connect screen.

Dead Man

Am I the only one who feels like a GTA game, a game centered around cars and driving, should have more fun driving? Going from A to B in this game (and theres a lot of going from A to B) feels like such an annoyance - a chore. And the traffic AI is so bad that you really don't have a choice but to drive like a lunatic - smashing up your car and running people over.

I mean, driving like a lunatic is fun, but if they could do it in the context of a high-speed get-away, or chasing someone down, and have the rest of the driving be more 'normal', that would be great. I would be much more immersed in the world that way.

Although I admit modeling traffic and restructuring the entire mission system in a way where driving from A to B, while obeying traffic laws, would be pretty difficult. Especially so it wouldn't get tedious. But if they could do it - I'd consider that a next-gen GTA game. As it is, V definitely feels like the most realized version of GTA, but at the same time the whole formula feels a bit dated.

That's just me.

The way the AI ignores you when making left turns drives me nuts.

Holy shit. I'm trying to pass 10 days for the epsilon robe thing. I have to let 8 hours pass or save/sleep 40 times?!

<_<...epsilon robe thing? I beat the game, but I have no idea what this is about.
EDIT: Just looked it up.

Also, collected all the space ship pieces.

Not even fucking worth it.

Not a single fucking bit. None.

I'm not even gonna bother connecting online at the moment. Still gotta find the spaceship parts and the letters and then I'm done 100%. In a few days I'll go online and hopefully things will be better by then.

Those stunt jumps were a pain in my arse.

Mononoke

Banned
Well, I haven't had any issues of my save being corrupted. But basically, I'm able to create a character that saves. But I can only get to the first mission where you have to race lamar, then it won't connect. Basically, the same problem everyone else is having.

I guess I've just been lucky that it hasn't done anything to my save yet. But damn.

Ouch. PS3?

Note to self, avoid GTA online.

Just finished Casa Libre (?) mission.
Well that escalated quickly.

Yeah, PS3.

I can still play my current save, but I can't select Michael. He's 'greyed out' with 2 missions to his name leading up to what I think is the end. Checked online and this is seems to be an issue for other people.

Why hello ma'am, so nice to meet you. What do you think of Los Santos?

0_0.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what the hell did that bench do to you?

0_0.jpg

Dries

Hey guys, have any articles been published that compare the game world with real-world LA? I think it would be interesting to see how good they captured the city.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't know man; I'm able to get from A to B pretty quickly without killing pedestrians or damaging my car, although those windy paths near Franklin's pad can be tricky.

On another note; I love being able to complete some missions completely "clean", without drawing any heat from cops.

Shady859

OUCH glad I avoided GTA:O today after 2 failed attempts.

Made it to 65/69 and like 70%ish was tempted to finish it tonight but it's late and migraine sending me to bed. Tomorrow or thursday i'll wrap it up.

Molly...
chase through airport, EPIC!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
<_<...epsilon robe thing? I beat the game, but I have no idea what this is about.
EDIT: Just looked it up.

Also, collected all the space ship pieces.

Not even fucking worth it.

Not a single fucking bit. None.

The journey is worth it though. Really getting to dig into the world and experience it at slow, ground level. And that all important 100% completion. I really enjoy it, and hour or so a night, it's fun.

Ferrio

Banned
I actually like it. It was in character.
Michael wasn't his family, he just another employer to him.
Why risk his new found fortune, the very fortune he alienated his close friends from childhood & family to get.
Him calling Lamar at the end to get back with was a nice touch.

I find it hard to believe that Franklin would side with the douchebag that refused to pay him and dicked over his crew to kill the person that made his millions possible. Not only is it out of character, but it makes Franklin a little bitch.

Omni

Question about Epsilon.

Are the cars you need to collect at a specific location? Nothing I hate more than car hunting.

sqwarlock

Just beat the story
(chose C because why would I kill Michael or Trevor)
. Still sitting through the credits and enjoying the soundtrack. Fantastic game though. It passed RDR for my "Game of the Generation" too. Now to finish up everything else the city has to offer.

Oh, and I'm sure it's been mentioned but (radio station spoiler?)
Is that really Carl calling in to FlyLo FM?

reminder

Finished the game yesterday, man that was awesome. Never finished a GTA so fast.

Also, anyone (ending spoiler)
who chose anything other than option C is a traitor :p

Barely looked into GTA Online yet (well, only the character creator), but reading some posts in here it seems i'll avoid it a little longer now.

Another issue I have with GTA V is that the bikes are so boring to drive compared to other GTA´s.

They are not fast, or have good acceleration speeds, the dirt bikes sounds nothing like a dirt bike. Could it be that these rockstar dev´s never used a dirt bike in real life?

The top speed on cars cannot be maxed out.

I also feel that there was way to little heists in this game and that we didnt have any free hands on how to create the heist ourselves. The game could have been so much better if we could do our own heists, like rob banks ,postoffice, etc etc that we select ourselves.
The prison, why didnt that one get used at all?? I was sure that there would be a story mission inside jail.
They should have put one of the playable characters behind bars, and have us do missions inside there.

2 small things they should patch in on the map

1) Note that pops up when you hover over an icon that is only relevant at certain times of day
2) Note that tells you when a property is only buyable by a certain character

Hystzen

2 small things they should patch in on the map

1) Note that pops up when you hover over an icon that is only relevant at certain times of day
2) Note that tells you when a property is only buyable by a certain character

Also missions that can be started by more then one character should say which characters.

like certain missions with the M you just assume Micheal needs to trigger it but Franklin or Trevor can sometimes.

TTG

Was anyone able to lift the sub with a cargobob? I've tried twice now to no avail. Trying to drop the sub into the sandy shores lake to do some exploring.

EDIT: also, all purchased properties should double as safehouses/save points. I don't have a single location in Blaine County for any of the 3 characters, nothing...

kiyomi

Finally beat this last night. What a game. The bigger missions were some of the best things I've seen in a predominantly open world games, and more often than not I enjoyed the driving missions, with the only exceptions being when you're given significantly inferior machinery to drive around in.

Ending stuff :
I chose option A, to kill Trevor. Partly because I didn't believe the game would have the conviction to go through with it. However, I thought it was a really interesting way to end the game. For me, it emphasised the way that no matter what he did, Franklin was stuck being given orders, from the moment you do your work for Simeon in the opening act, to being placed under pressure from government and investors. He couldn't escape. He will never escape.

Pyccko

So, one quick question. Can you transfer funds in between the characters? I hear a lot about
using the assassination missions/stock market to make BIG BUX post-endgame,
but wouldn't that only make one of the characters rich?

scarlet

So, one quick question. Can you transfer funds in between the characters? I hear a lot about

You can't transfer

if you wanna have more money, you should buy stocks with each character's money before the mission starts

winstano

Has anyone else encountered a bug where choosing a parachute at Ammu-Nation causes the shopkeeper to walk off and the game to just stop? Playing on PS3, completed story. The parachute comes off the wall and you can pause, but you can't switch characters or do anything else at all. Only way to get past it is to reload your last save.

kiyomi

If you wanted to cheese it, you could
save the game before doing the mission, do the mission, figure out what stock you need to invest in, reload the save, invest all 3 character's money in that stock, and then do the mission. That way, all 3 characters would earn big money.

Loudninja

Patch notes:
  • Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay
  • Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked
  • Fix for issues where the character&#8217;s money could drop below zero and become stuck there
  • Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars
  • Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector&#8217;s Edition owners
  • Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
  • Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51500/gtav-title-update-details.html

Hystzen

All Epsilon cars can be found around Vinewood Hills only one need to hunt down is the bike but that spawns nearby also at Lifeinvader (the bike is only one can't buy online also)

TTG

Wooo, got it after about 10 tries, submarine on the Sandy Shore lake. What a mess, the sub would glitch out or blow up itself or the cargobob sometimes. Then there was the problem of dropping the sub and flying just far enough away from it to make it disappear, then getting killed by the cargobob as I tried jumping straight into the lake to avoid that problem... time to go exploring!

Septimius

I should've said this yesterday, but this is what happened to me when applying the patch (PS3):

I started the game, and clicked X to start online. When starting online, the world was loading, while Trevor was standing in his tidy whities in front of Franklin's house, for no reason. Then it started online, but I couldn't get in, so I was thrown back into single player.

Then, I got a phone-call from Salomon, saying something about the negatives and an unfortunate jet-engine mishap. I had no idea what was going on. Then I got a message from the shrink, apologizing for last time. I had no idea what that was, either.

I reloaded, and then I could do both of these events that lead to this, instead of not being able to play it at all. So I'd advise everyone to reload their game after starting the game for the first time after the patch.

EDIT:

Also, I found the NeoGAF logo ingame:
0_0.jpg

Pyccko

You can't transfer

if you wanna have more money, you should buy stocks with each character's money before the mission starts

If you wanted to cheese it, you could
save the game before doing the mission, do the mission, figure out what stock you need to invest in, reload the save, invest all 3 character's money in that stock, and then do the mission. That way, all 3 characters would earn big money.

Ah, rad. Thanks guys!

Alpende

Question about Epsilon.

Are the cars you need to collect at a specific location? Nothing I hate more than car hunting.

Yeah, mostly. Just Google 'location of car x in gta 5' usually a YouTube video pops up showing the location. That helped me a lot. I also hate car hunting.

Yerolo

So I'm doing the
run 5 miles in the desert for Epsilon thing...
. God damn I need to tape the A button down

I joined the 2 analog sticks together with a rubber band (which caused me to walk in a continuous circle by itself) and then put a heavy object holding down the A button

Presto....Mikey running in an unattended circle for 5 miles :)

MXRider

Was anyone able to lift the sub with a cargobob? I've tried twice now to no avail. Trying to drop the sub into the sandy shores lake to do some exploring.

EDIT: also, all purchased properties should double as safehouses/save points. I don't have a single location in Blaine County for any of the 3 characters, nothing...
It's a pain in the ass. Save right before you do it so you can retry. Also it helps to move it from the dock.

Top Bottom