• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dries

Can't you just get in the sandy shores lake by driving the sub via one of those creeks that connect the lake with the ocean? Like the Zancudo river.

Alpende

Can't you just get in the sandy shores lake by driving the sub via one of those creeks that connect the lake with the ocean? Like the Zancudo river.

Those little rivers are going downhill from the lake, no way you could get a sub in that way.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Was anyone able to lift the sub with a cargobob? I've tried twice now to no avail. Trying to drop the sub into the sandy shores lake to do some exploring.

EDIT: also, all purchased properties should double as safehouses/save points. I don't have a single location in Blaine County for any of the 3 characters, nothing...

I got it to work. First time I tried the physics glitched out, I assume it's because of the way the game handles water physics maybe. So the next time, I beached the sub and then picked it up and it worked. No idea if this is fool proof, but it worked.

TTG

Probably, but I wanted to use that cargobob for something. Scavenging the
Merrywheather
cargo plane that's down there was a bit underwhelming, some standard weapons. I was hoping for something special. Still cool though, nice touch that it's actually there.

Ahahahaha! 45% very minor spoiler: I was doing the first
movie
mission with Michael and when I turned up to the movie set with all the trailers I wanted to take a photo of one of the guys in an alien suite in his trailer. So I took a few photos of him but then he got pissed off and started punching me, the next thing I know the security guard next to us tells him to freeze as he points his gun at him....the guy in the suite then runs away while the security guard shouts out &#8220;freeze mother fuc***!&#8221; and then shoots him dead. The security guard then goes back to his post and says &#8220;I&#8217;m too old for this shit.&#8221; It just blew me away how the security guard actually reacted to another character&#8217;s behaviour. At first I thought he was going to shoot me, but nope, he went after the guy that started it. This game is just SO GOOD!

kiyomi

Ahahahaha! 45% very minor spoiler: I was doing the first
movie
mission with Michael and when I turned up to the movie set with all the trailers I wanted to take a photo of one of the guys in an alien suite in his trailer. So I took a few photos of him but then he got pissed off and started punching me, the next thing I know the security guard next to us tells him to freeze as he points his gun at him....the guy in the suite then runs away while the security guard shouts out “freeze mother fuc***!” and then shoot him dead. The security guard then goes back to his post and says “I’m too old for this shit.” It just blew me away how the security guard actually reacted to another character’s behaviour. At first I thought he was going to shoot me, but nope, he went after the guy that started it. This game is just SO GOOD!

Holy shit, haha. I've never really had that happen, I've always tried to find ways to aggro random people into punching me, but the cops always end up thinking it's my fault. I love some of the random stuff that happens. I was in a cul-de-sac doing a mission as Trevor up in Vinewood Hills and just watching a 4x4 with some dudes screech into the cul-de-sac, followed by a police vehicle, and the subsequent shootout, was amazing. I was just standing there, like 2ft away from it all, and these guys took down this police vehicle in this tiny little road.

Dries

Has anyone found any weapons in the world itself (so not in Ammunation) that you can pickup? All the previous GTA's had that, but I haven't found any in V yet.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Has anyone found any weapons in the world itself (so not in Ammunation) that you can pickup? All the previous GTA's had that, but I haven't found any in V yet.

I don't think there are any besides a couple small ones, I came across the baseball bat and then theres the molotov's. Probably because you can't lose them anymore, ammo is cheap, and you generally get given most of them as they are unlocked on at at least one character.

Yep. Found a rocket-launcher, baseball bat and a piece of armour in the
cult camp
once I killed them all.

Hystzen

tons under water body armour, guns, grenade launchers , sticky bombs and money

TTG

There are some light machine guns and stuff under water.

What are some interesting cars to bring around to the tuner shop? Supercars are obvious, what else is there?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

yes loads. take chop for a walk and make him search. there's almost always something nearby. I was trying to use him to find mystery notes and kept getting machine guns.

Gah, I&#8217;ve never been able to not take photos in the game like most people, but today I can&#8217;t take any, they won&#8217;t load and I can&#8217;t delete any.

I&#8217;ve missed so many great moments and its making me a little sad. Has anyone been able to take any photos for the PS3 version today? ;_;

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
You don´t "get" them, you have to:

go to epsilonproram.com via your in-game phone and answer the questions to trigger it.

also, I'm pretty sure I did this as franklin and got some hard/expensive time based puzzle that got more expensive as you got it wrong/ran out of time..

was that it as well?

scarlet

also, I'm pretty sure I did this as franklin and got some hard/expensive time based puzzle that got more expensive as you got it wrong/ran out of time..

was that it as well?

nah

it was a children of mountain for franklin

you'll get a t-shirt lol

So what's up with GTA Online. If you don't do passive play ($100), other players automatically try to kill you. Point?

The point is "HEY YOU! YEAH YOU, YOU SONOVABITCH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? YOU ONLINE OR SOMETHING? YOU JUST GONNA PLAY GTA ONLINE WHILE I'M PLAYING? HUH?!?!"

Then have fun killing and being killed by the same person over and over. Eventually others will join and you'll all kill each other over and over. Why? because reasons.

been listening to podcasts and surprised people aren't using taxi because 'it takes too long'. Still way faster than driving up state and for the most part they arrive in a few seconds unless they glitched out.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The point is "HEY YOU! YEAH YOU, YOU SONOVABITCH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? YOU ONLINE OR SOMETHING? YOU JUST GONNA PLAY GTA ONLINE WHILE I'M PLAYING? HUH?!?!"

Then have fun killing and being killed by the same person over and over. Eventually others will join and you'll all kill each other over and over. Why? because reasons.

Huh. Everytime i've joined everyone has pretty much left me alone. Do I smell or summink?

So there really is no point...if I wanted to keep respawning every 30 seconds I would play COD

Let me take a photo damn it!

CALKGUZ.gif

been listening to podcasts and surprised people aren't using taxi because 'it takes too long'. Still way faster than driving up state and for the most part they arrive in a few seconds unless they glitched out.

I only ever used Taxis because the game was dumb enough not to tell me to wear the Epsilon robes for the mission. Then again when a random event screwed me during the 5 mile grind and I needed to access my wardrobe but I was in the desert.

Drove everything else. I never skip the journey in these games. It's part of the experience.

Huh. Everytime i've joined everyone has pretty much left me alone. Do I smell or summink?

Every once in a while you'll find someone who's calm and cooperative. But the majority of people will shoot on sight for no reason, even if you're busy setting something up and they just happen to spawn in on you. Passive mode and the warnings in the tutorial curb that a bit in GTAV, but it'll still happen.

So there really is no point...if I wanted to keep respawning every 30 seconds I would play COD

Well people played GTAIV free roam for 5 years, and RDR for 3 doing a ton of that so yeah. I don't get it, cooperative play and stand offs against police was always more interesting to me.

I only ever used Taxis because the game was dumb enough not to tell me to wear the Epsilon robes for the mission. Then again when a random event screwed me during the 5 mile grind and I needed to access my wardrobe but I was in the desert.

Drove everything else. I never skip the journey in these games. It's part of the experience.

Every once in a while you'll find someone who's calm and cooperative. But the majority of people will shoot on sight for no reason, even if you're busy setting something up and they just happen to spawn in on you. Passive mode and the warnings in the tutorial curb that a bit in GTAV, but it'll still happen.

Well people played GTAIV free roam for 5 years, and RDR for 3 doing a ton of that so yeah. I don't get it, cooperative play and stand offs against police was always more interesting to me.

Yeah, I would love to actually play WITH people

SJRB

Gold Member
No, apparently it's just like RDR where if you get within someone's range, the challenge is who dies first. It's kind of boring after a couple kills and deaths.

Ugh, the game turning into one big free-for-all was my biggest fear, and exactly the reason I didn't spend more than an hour in RDR's multiplayer.

Neither GTAIV or RDR really "worked" for me in multiplayer, despite how much I enjoyed RDR in singleplayer. Free roam is a good concept, but people are annoying online. Plus those janky mechanics.....just nah. Max Payne 3 was a revelation in the fact that they got bullet time to work online which was just insanity, but weapon balance was awful in the first few months, and the lock-on lobbies killed the free aim ones pretty quickly.

I don't have much confidence in GTAOnline, basically.

MormaPope

Banned
Neither GTAIV or RDR really "worked" for me in multiplayer, despite how much I enjoyed RDR in singleplayer. Free roam is a good concept, but people are annoying online. Plus those janky mechanics.....just nah. Max Payne 3 was a revelation in the fact that they got bullet time to work online which was just insanity, but weapon balance was awful in the first few months, and the lock-on lobbies killed the free aim ones pretty quickly.

I don't have much confidence in GTAOnline, basically.

I can't agree with that at all. Well, maybe I can but the weapon balancing in multiplayer amounted to dual wielding the starting pistols, dual wielding the mini uzis, or using the weapon from above known as the mini 30. Armor was useless when you could pack a mini 30 and uzis, mobility could outweigh the benefits of using armor.

Max Payne 3 multiplayer was amazing due to how much stuff could be unlocked and how fast you could down people. Running in with no armor, gunning people down with the mini 30 and then dropping it to use dual wield handguns or uzis was insanely fun. Grenades also felt dangerous and useful.

I was able to get a 2.0 K/D/R in Max Payne 3, this was over a career where I prestiged once and got to level 16 on my 'second' run. Max Payne 3 mulitplayer might be the 'secret' best multiplayer this gen.

I was able to get a 2.0 K/D/R in Max Payne 3, this was over a career where I prestiged once and got to level 16 on my 'second' run. Max Payne 3 mulitplayer might be the 'secret' best multiplayer this gen.

Wow, you are the first I've seen to play that long in that multiplayer.

MormaPope

Banned
Wow, you are the first I've seen to play that long in that multiplayer.

I think the prestiging went as far as 5 or 6 tiers. I only did it once and got to level 16 in the process, by the time I reached that level free aim lobbies died down a lot compared to soft lock lobbies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So after playing a bit of GTAO, I want to know is why R* left a bunch of things off of clothes and other misc. stuff from the single player. I went into an Ammnation and there are a couple more weapon colours, Green, Orange, Pink, Gold, Platinum. There are seemingly more clothe choices, more glasses categories to choose from.

So after playing a bit of GTAO, I want to know is why R* left a bunch of things off of clothes and other misc. stuff from the single player. I went into an Ammnation and there are a couple more weapon colours, Green, Orange, Pink, Gold, Platinum. There are seemingly more clothe choices, more glasses categories to choose from.

Maybe since mulitplayer is supposed to revolve around customization. Just my opinion. I really don't think GTAO will last long, though.

Top Bottom