• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Raiden

Banned
I think if you hit pause and go into the menu one of the tabs should have a recap of your mission priorities.

I was under the impression that cheats only disabled achievements for your current session ... did it autosave perhaps?

Nah i'm good, still able to get achievements. But it feels wrong though, you can save all these superweapons so early in the game and then use them in missions and you still get achievements.

Symphonia

Banned
Can't imagine the next GTA being focused on one protagonist alone again.
Which is only a good thing. I just hope they keep the level of character customisation the same. The mod shops need more options, though, especially regarding paint jobs. GTA VI will be incredible.

Acorn

:lol Steven Ogg looked like he was about to go full Trevor for a second when the last dude called them voice actors.

Ned Luke seems pretty great. Hope all these guys start getting more work after this.
They no doubt will, especially since they aren't acting like an idiot like Nikos va did.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished it. What led up to the final mission felt weird, I mean
who'd pick any option other than C? Kill one of the guys you spent hours on missions with, without giving you a real incentive to (as Franklin at least)? They should've gone with that C ending by default. Killing Michael in particular doesn't make any sense. Don't offer a choice if you can't make it work. Felt very forced.

The
Trevor and Michael bickering
got very tiresome near the end as well.

Absolutely loved the game, but not a real contender for goty. Tempted to get that 100% though, and may just do so.

Still think the best SP campaign of the current gen gta's is TLAD. Should replay that sometime, such an incredible expansion.

Wasp

They no doubt will, especially since they aren't acting like an idiot like Nikos va did.
Yeah they seem very happy, which is quite unusual for a GTA actor. Ray Liotta whined about how he wished he had asked for more money too.

I would have asked them how much they got paid, if they were allowed or willing to say. I bet it was a lot more than the $100k Michael Hollick got.

Question. I have still yet to finish GTA5's single player. Do I have to worry about any spoilers if I jump into GTA Online before finishing it?

Cess007

I'm on the last couple of missions of the SP:

I've just finished "The Wrap-up"; when you go to see Dave from the FBI and everything goes to hell. So far, i really liked tha mission; the escape most than anything, with the chopper following you even on the city and shooting rockets at everything and everyeone. It was damn fun!

Hopefully i will be able to finish the SP tonight and then totally get myself in a lot of troubles with the cheat-codes. I've been dying to use them when i finish the story.

Question. I have still yet to finish GTA5's single player. Do I have to worry about any spoilers if I jump into GTA Online before finishing it?

So far, i'm level 8 on GTAOnline and it's mostly a totally separated story from GTA5 SP; a couple of characters appers but there's nothing else (much less nothing that can be considered as spoiler; at least as far as i'd got in Online)

Certinty

Regarding those two guys who are capturing immigrants to sending then back to their own country.

Why do you end up killing them?

Acorn

Yeah they seem very happy, which is quite unusual for a GTA actor. Ray Liotta whined about how he wished he had asked for more money too.

I would have asked them how much they got paid, if they were allowed or willing to say. I bet it was a lot more than the $100k Michael Hollick got.
Even if it was 100k this has increased their exposure immensely, if they play it right their careers will have a massive boost.

Nobody knew them, now a ton of people do.

thuway

Just beat it. I honestly think this game is overrated. It's good, great even, but it doesn't touch the mantle of Bioshock Infinite and the Last of Us.

Regarding those two guys who are capturing immigrants to sending then back to their own country.

I'm not sure
The scene with the guy who got harassed by Trevor and the other 2 dudes had quite a compelling way about him. I suppose it was a reference to a movie or something. Trevor just had to do what he was told.

I thought that'd be the case beforehand, but I think it's as much about Trevor as it is Michael. Franklin only comes into the forefront towards the end.
It is and it isn't. Everything is funnelled through Michael, though.

So even if Trevor gets a decent amount of screen/character development time, everything still starts and ends with Michael's actions.

Their storyline reminded me a lot of this movie called First Snow.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure it's a random event called Border Control. There's three of these events in three different locations in the countryside but apart from that they're identical.

I think if you kill them the random event is completed (you will see the saving icon) and they never spawn again, but if they kill you they will spawn again in a few days.

I found them annoying too. Killing them whilst sat in your car is almost impossible, but exiting your car takes quite a long time and they usually shoot me dead before I can pull out a weapon in time.

That is exactly my problem as well. Even as Franklin using his special often isn't fast enough. O well, just keep trying I guess.

Also - how awesome is the strip club, really? I never put much thought into it, but I just had a double lap dance and that shit was tight. I also love how you end up with some strippers and can call them for a booty call. And they send you photos afterwards, haha. Amazing. The guy involved in the "hands on" mocap is a lucky dog.

Franklin is keepin' it G.

who'd pick any option other than C? Kill one of the guys you spent hours on missions with, without giving you a real incentive to (as Franklin at least)? They should've gone with that C ending by default. Killing Michael in particular doesn't make any sense. Don't offer a choice if you can't make it work. Felt very forced.

Well, people who thought choosing C would mean
killing Franklin

Killing Michael also makes perfect sense. Franklin entire story was how he was tired not making a life for himself & being held back because he was loyal to his friends & family.

RaikuHebi

Banned
His voice acting was awful. I could tell it was fake. Quite a few of the Eastern European accents were like that, very annoying.

A lot of people thought that option would see
Franklin die
. Though that thought never crossed my mind.

rallaren

I am now finished with the paper and space
(I read somwehre this thing would fly - lame.)
scraps and I can see some dots and "?" on the social club map. How do I activate the Strangers & Freaks missions again? Should I just continue with the races (thought I would enjoy these more honestly) etc already marked on the map or do I need to buy more property? I have the
epsilon robes on Michael but haven't been able to wear it for more than 2-4 days or something, he always wear a suit when I switch over to him.

Wasp

I have the
epsilon robes on Michael but haven't been able to wear it for more than 2-4 days or something, he always wear a suit when I switch over to him.
It's slightly tedious but you can just go to your bed, press right to save then back out instead of saving and time will have forwarded by 6 hours then repeat over and over again. Doing this method takes less than 10 minutes to pass 10 days in game.

rallaren

It's slightly tedious but you can just go to your bed, press right to save then back out instead of saving and time will have forwarded by 6 hours then repeat over and over again. Doing this method takes less than 10 minutes to pass 10 days in game.
I should just do that then I guess. Trevor's bed time is 12 hours it seems?

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Yeah let me just go
collect
all those
spaceship parts
for you dog, that was
totally worth it
no seriously
I lolled kind of

FroJay

Banned
The first GTA game I've ever liked! About 1/3 of the way through and I understand the complaints, but there is something about the characters in this game that makes me want to keep playing. There are definitely flaws, but I'm having fun just going through the story missions.

Ziek

The one line that keeps making be laugh is Franklin's "That don't make no fuckin' sense." He says it all casually, especially after I get in a huge wreck.

EDIT: Also totally addicted to the Non Stop Pop station. Never thought I'd like it. Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall in Love is so catchy!

Bollocks

EDIT: Also totally addicted to the Non Stop Pop station. Never thought I'd like it. Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall in Love is so catchy!

You tell me!
Whenever Pure Shores comes up and I'm about to start a mission I stop the car let the song finish and then drive into the marker :D

Finally finished. Amazing experience. Great world and great characters.

I can't believe how well they pulled of the character interaction and 'acting'. The VA's, especially for Trevor and Michael had perfect chemistry, it never felt 'fake' or anything similar.

ending: Loved the
c ending, finally being able to just kill every one of those assholes felt so satisfying like it only did in a very few other games this generation.

RaikuHebi

Banned
My favourite line in the whole game was Trevor's:
"I don't think you understand what I've been through to get here."

What a mission that was.

RaikuHebi

Banned
ending: Loved the
c ending, finally being able to just kill every one of those assholes felt so satisfying like it only did in a very few other games this generation.
For me I wish they were at least tougher. We got this whole game full of set pieces and that felt so rushed. Also only 1 of those felt meaningful. The others hardly featured in the game. If there were more story threads involving them sure I wouldn't mind, but in this way it felt rushed.

West End Girls for life!
Lady hear me tonight! So many feels. Both because that song came out when I was still a kid and because it reminds me of a past romance.

Solomon spoiler:
I was having the conversation about the premier with him and just so happened to knife through a building and fucking explode in my jet. Did I miss anything? Does the premier trigger as a mission, or do I have to go somewhere?

rallaren

Yeah let me just go
collect
all those
spaceship parts
for you dog, that was
totally worth it
no seriously
I lolled kind of
I barely remember getting the missions but I collected everything with Trevor, and had to finish with Franklin. Does Franklin make any comments while he collects or anything else that happens? Nothing happened on Trevor.

But yeah it was sort of disappointing besides the sightseeing...

Edit: Is anyone else thinking about all the "DLC movie" potential? Tons of, especially 80/90s action, movies could be made into DLC campaigns with this game. Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Terminator, Fast&Furious, Gone In 60 Seconds etc.. Won't happen obviously but sill. This has been a thing with mods for certain games on the PC side for years afaik.

SJRB

Gold Member
Solomon spoiler:
I was having the conversation about the premier with him and just so happened to knife through a building and fucking explode in my jet. Did I miss anything? Does the premier trigger as a mission, or do I have to go somewhere?

I have no idea what half your sentence even means, but yes, the event itself triggers a mission. One of my favourites, actually.

Try having the Install disc in a USB flash drive and the Play disc on the HDD.

I'm not talking about the streaming issues. The 360 version actually had missing textures in certain instances. Digital Foundry pointed them out in their analysis. I'm wondering if that was a big Rockstar fixed.

You tell me!
Whenever Pure Shores comes up and I'm about to start a mission I stop the car let the song finish and then drive into the marker :D

I've totally forgotten about All Saints, i was never a fan but when the song came up, for whatever reason it hit home... i wonder what they're doing nowadays.

daviyoung

Banned
I've totally forgotten about All Saints, i was never a fan but when the song came up, for whatever reason it hit home... i wonder what they're doing nowadays.

One's married to Liam from The Prodigy.
Another was married to Liam from Oasis.

Don't know about the other two.

Pure Shores is remarkable because William Orbit produced, not because All Saints sung ;)

RaikuHebi

Banned
Same vibe (but better) that I got from the Lady Hear Me Tonight. Remember it as a kid but as an adult there are so many feels.

Also the Scandalous song took me back, even though I never liked it.

Was just Wiking All Saints and the girls that married the Liams are sisters lol.

Probably just for the hell of it. Honestly, out of all the random bystanders you're forced to torture, kill, etc. as Trevor, I wanted to kill their racist asses since the first mission. You're just stun-gunning random civilians trying to earn an honest day's pay for the most part. God knows what they actually did to those debatably-illegal immigrants once you handed them over.

Also, since it looks like the screenshot thread is mostly dead, I felt like posting some here:

0_0.jpg

Once I was out in the wilderness and had to get all the way back into town for a mission. Rather than take the interstate like a sane person, I usually just try and muscle dinky cars over the mountains. This was about as far as some poor soul's car got before it wouldn't turn back on.

0_0.jpg

I also finally started customizing Trevor in the post-game. (Rampage spoilers)
Location look familiar?

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah Non-Stop-Pop is awesome, listening to it right now haha.

This is the rhythm of the night, aaawww yeah!!

Top Bottom