• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Why can't I easily get into some of the bigger planes at the airport? Sometimes I just walk up and press triangle and I'm in, other times I can't do shit.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Killing Michael also makes perfect sense. Franklin entire story was how he was tired not making a life for himself & being held back because he was loyal to his friends & family.

I don't see how it makes sense.
There was no real friction between the two prior to the finale (apart from his annoyance that M & T were always bickering), and he has Michael to thank for rising up from the thug life. Same with Trevor, near the end he says 'Me and Trevor? We cool man'. Don't see any real motivation for him to off M or T.

The pop station was my favorite as well... Pure Shores is the song of GTA V for me. I will always think of this game when I hear it from now on.

Others like Lady, West End Girls, Music Feels Better... dat nostalgia man.

The other stations didn't grab me that much, the (classic) rock station in particular was really weak compared to GTA IV. Soulwax station was great for races. Some random tracks I liked:

Marion Band$ - Hold up (Los Santos)
Kendrick - ADHD (Los Santos)
Chain Gang of 1974 - Sleepwalking (Mirror Park)
Poolside - Do You Believe (Mirror Park)
METZ - Wet Blanket (Vinewood)
Delfonics - Ready or Not (Low Down)
Favored Nations - The Set Up (Mirror Park)
Circle Jerks - Rock House (Channel X)
Suicidal Tendencies - Subliminal (Channel X)

A metal station would've been nice

bidguy

Banned
glad i picked option 3. really loved the game but there was no big payoff at the end. dont know how to explain it but the ending is not cool.

Cess007

I completed the game yesterday, but i'm still missing a mission on the 100% checklist (mission after
The Third Way
). I'm missing something here? There's another mission after final credits?

reminder

glad i picked option 3. really loved the game but there was no big payoff at the end. dont know how to explain it but the ending is not cool.

I think the ending was perfect.
Option C of course, killing all those assholes that i wanted to kill long before

Wasp

I completed the game yesterday, but i'm still missing a mission on the 100% checklist (mission after
The Third Way
). I'm missing something here? There's another mission after final credits?
Have you done all five of Lester's assassination missions? Those are classed as story missions but four of them are optional.

Otherwise the game has glitched, like mine has. I'm missing the mission Hang Ten.

Kard8p3

Question:

When you store a vehicle in your garage, and take it out, does it always go back to your garage? Say I got it destroyed, will it respawn?

Cess007

Have you done all five of Lester's assassination missions? Those are classed as story missions but four of them are optional.

Otherwise the game has glitched, like mine has. I'm missing the mission Hang Ten.

Damn, totally forgot about that one. I was holding on the last one 'cause i failed it a couple of times and then gave up. I'm on the last one, so i suppose that's the last mision. Thanks man :)

reminder

So collecting these toxic waste barrels is just about the worst thing ever.

I really enjoyed exploring the ocean while collecting the waste and the submarine parts. Also, collecting only 10 Epsilon tracts was much worse than collecting all the stuff in the ocean in my opinion.

Wasp

So collecting these toxic waste barrels is just about the worst thing ever.
Protip: Buy the cargobob helicopter if you can afford it then use it to pick up the submarine and carry it to the other side of the map, it's much faster than driving the sub.

The underwater stuff in this game was pretty disappointing. Underwater is far too dark and murky to see anything, the sub is painfully slow to drive and most of the ocean is ridiculously shallow. Plus there's barely any wildlife down there.

Ishida

Banned
Question:

When you store a vehicle in your garage, and take it out, does it always go back to your garage? Say I got it destroyed, will it respawn?

From my experience, the vehicle disappears. I've bought cars and motorcycles, store them in my garage, take them out for a spin, abandon them/destroy them/get killed. When I go back to the garage, they are not there and I have to buy them again =(

The only ones that do respawn no matter what seem to be the planes and helicopters.

Robot Pants

Protip: Buy the cargobob helicopter if you can afford it then use it to pick up the submarine and carry it to the other side of the map, it's much faster than driving the sub.

The underwater stuff in this game was pretty disappointing. Underwater is far too dark and murky to see anything, the sub is painfully slow to drive and most of the ocean is ridiculously shallow. Plus there's barely any wildlife down there.
Shit I wish I had known this. I only have 3 left now. But yea I agree this sub is sooooooo slow and I made the mistake of quitting the collecting half way through and driving alll the way back with the sub took forever. Never again

Theecliff

Banned
Bit of a strange question, but is it possible to refresh a page when on the in-game internet? Trying to keep a close eye on my stocks following one of the Lester assassination missions.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
Just beat the game. Pretty disappointed...

I chose to kill Trevor because I figured that was what Franklin would have done in that scenario (he's buddies with Micheal and he isn't going to sacrifice himself for Trevor). That was fine, but then my roommates told me about the death wish ending and it sounded way better. I feel like I made the wrong choice and it makes me like the game way less. The whole arbitrary choice at the end is bullshit and comes out of no where. I wish they would have just told the story they wanted to tell and keep the random player choice out of it. GTA doesn't need to try and be Skyrim.

Yerolo

So noone else has had the issue since the 1.02 patch with customs shops, clothes shops, tattoo parlors & Barbers not appearing on the map or able to be entered in-game ?

Some guy on the GTA forums posted a vid clearly showing the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_JBzdBJBE

I was looking forward to messing around with various cars and mods now Ive finished / 100%'d it

Rockstar's response is to start again if you have the bug.... um no

GutsOfThor

I'm pretty sure these respawn. I've killed some of the random event characters and then the same random event will pop again a few days later.

Cool! Thanks!

Holy shit at that last triathlon! My right thumb is still sore lol.

People weren't kidding about the rubberband AI. During the bike race I was climbing up a hill in first place with my competition far behind when THREE of them just flew right past me! What's the deal with this bullshit?

rjcc

I chose to kill Trevor because I figured that was what Franklin would have done in that scenario (he's buddies with Micheal and he isn't going to sacrifice himself for Trevor). That was fine, but then my roommates told me about the death wish ending and it sounded way better. I feel like I made the wrong choice and it makes me like the game way less. The whole arbitrary choice at the end is bullshit and comes out of no where. I wish they would have just told the story they wanted to tell and keep the random player choice out of it. GTA doesn't need to try and be Skyrim.

that's why you keep multiple saves. Didn't you ever read a choose your own adventure book?

<<<<used to have like three bookmarks just in case.

Started playing and spent a couple of hours driving round and messing around before I realised you could turn on markers in order to see what the hell I was supposed to do. Remembering now how easy it is to get side tracked by the randomness, but you can also get burnt out on it and think that's all there is to do.

Really enjoying the radio stations, got some old piano eurodance tunes in there, who at Rockstar was a clubber in the early 90s to put in Corona's Rhythm of The Night and N-Joi's Anthem (couldn't believe when that second one came on, wow!)

Interesting tidbit that I heard this weekend. My good friend (non-gamer) called me and asked if I've played GTA V. He mentioned that he knew one of the voice actors. That's right, he was good buddies with Steve Opp growing up here in Calgary.

Claims that he's a great guy. We had a good laugh when I told him that he voices a total psychopath.

Just beat the game and now I can't switch, see the minimap, use the phone, or buy things.

I can't switch characters after a random period of time, every time I try to use the phone all the other stuff happens.

NYR

Just beat the game. What happened to Micheal's
boat
? Seriously, really bothering me, such a plot hole, they never resolved that one.

DLC mission?

SJRB

Gold Member

I agree. The blunt way in which it was presented completely trainwrecked my enjoyment of the story. In fact, I googled it to find out what the best option was before I made a choice, spoilers be damned.

Franklin has ZERO reason to kill Michael. You could consider he'd kill Trevor because of all the horrible things he has done. But one of the biggest themes in the game is friendship and standing by your friends, which is why the kill Michael/Trevor option is just so absurd.

There shouldn't have been a choice at all, it should have just defaulted to the C ending. But even that ending feels completely rushed and tacked on after all the grand setpieces of the previous missions. GTAV's story was pretty awesome but that ending made the whole ordeal pretty sour for me.

nick nacc

Banned
i want to know how you can have sooo many devolpers work on this game and somehow they make it so you have to keep inputing cheats and memorize them. Who the fuck let this happen?

Dries

Can you read the whole script somewhere? Sometimes I would like to read stuff back cause it went kinda too fast for my taste.

Fjordson

Can you read the whole script somewhere? Sometimes I would like to read stuff back cause it went kinda too fast for my taste.
If you go to "Brief" in the pause menu and then down to "Dialogue" you can read all the recent lines of dialogue.

Not the whole script, but it's a good way to check back on what was said in the previous cutscene ro whatever.

Eidan

I find this hilarious. You're given choices. Get mad at the game because you didn't like the choice you made.

GlamFM

Banned
OK, I´ve watched TV at least 100 times now, but for some reason it just wont trigger.

Ideas GAF?

PLYN5yh.png

saunderez

Endgame spoiler
Given the stuff with Lamar prior to the choice it's pretty obvious the game is hinting for you to pick C. Franklin had no reason to kill Trevor and he'd just realised that he should look out for his homies no matter what fucked up shit they got themselves into. Deathwish was the only choice true to his character.

daviyoung

Banned

Why the hell would you want to kill off a main character anyway?

Shit I wish I had known this. I only have 3 left now. But yea I agree this sub is sooooooo slow and I made the mistake of quitting the collecting half way through and driving alll the way back with the sub took forever. Never again

That sub desperately needs a speed boost and a radio. I know it might be unrealistic to get radio transmissions under the water, but goddamn is it monotonous puttering around down there with nothing but the engine note and the sound of the thing bouncing off the bottom of the ocean because it's impossible to keep level.

Underwater exploration is one of the few things GTA V didn't deliver on for me, and it's mostly just because of the submarine being shitty. There's loads of stuff down there that I'd love to see, but I just don't have the patience for it. I wish the Cargobob could land on water like the Leviathan in San Andreas could, or that there was a seaplane in the game or something.

Septimius

Question:

From my experience, the vehicle disappears. I've bought cars and motorcycles, store them in my garage, take them out for a spin, abandon them/destroy them/get killed. When I go back to the garage, they are not there and I have to buy them again =(

The only ones that do respawn no matter what seem to be the planes and helicopters.

When you take a car you own out, and you die, it will be in the impound. If you swap characters, the character will take the car wherever he goes. If he's at home, it's probably parked outside. In Michael's case, it might be on the side walk outside. But it's always there. If you blow up in a chase, or abandon the car, the car is gone. I'm pretty sure about the first one. I'm positive about the second.

So, if you die in your car, or get hurled out of your car and die, or get punched to death besides your car, it's in the impound.

I thought it was pretty great. You decided to look out for Franklin, so you killed Trevor to do so. I decided "fuck them, I'm not killing anyone", and we took them all down. I mean, I get the frustration, but in a way, it makes it better for me.. If you see what I mean. The point is that you really have to make a sacrifice to not kill any character, because you believe you'll lose Franklin

RaikuHebi

Banned
Been a week since I played. Still can't believe how quick I stormed to 100% Seems like only yesterday I was still anxiously awaiting release.

I've only done a few of the waste collections, but this is the exact same reason I did the ship parts all in one go. Having to drive the boat all the way to the the other side of the map arghh!

Some men just want to watch the world burn
Also some people thought each option would end up with a death.

Nibel

Guys, is it possible that the mission "Paparazzo - The Meltdown" is glitched as fuck?

I drove right next to her (!) and snapped a picture of her in handcuffs and still get Bronze? What the hell is this? YouTube comments seem to suggest it's a glitch

RaikuHebi

Banned
Guys, is it possible that the mission "Paparazzo - The Meltdown" is glitched as fuck?

I drove right next to her (!) and snapped a picture of her in handcuffs and still get Bronze? What the hell is this? YouTube comments seem to suggest it's a glitch
Quite a few of the medals are fucked up unfortunately.

Dabanton

Yeah seeing their interaction throughout the game
Trevor liked Franklin that mission where he turns up out of the blue at your aunts house and you go on that rampage is hilarious.

Absolutely no way I was killing either of them It's hilarious reading people regretting doing it. C basically said to me Franklin,Trevor and Michael going to go up against guys who've been screwing them whole game.

C is the only true choice.

Yes, it's glitched if you use the Grotti. When you use the mission replay function, get into the car parked next to you. It will work then.

Top Bottom