• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

SJRB

Gold Member
Playing as Franklin I got a random text message from Michael saying "Piss me off, but you don't wanna get on Amanda's bad side".

What is up with that?

PriitV

I seem to be stuck at 68 out 69 missions complete despite finishing the main story and all the Lester missions. Anything obvious that leaps out to check for?

None of the characters have a mission number showing in the character switch wheel and there are no mission icons on the map. I know people say call Tonya but I thought she was considered under the Strangers & Freaks mission pool. Poking around on line it seems others have had the same problem but I'm not seeing any solutions.

Any ideas?
Post your mission list from the social club, I had the same problem and as it turned out I ha managed to skip a mission called fresh meat and there was no way to retroactively do it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Might have missed this, but there weren't 'real' girlfriends in this game right? Just random strippers you could hook up with after enough dances?

At 96%. Taking a little break before doing the jumps/bridges/knife flights.

SlickVic

I must've retried that side mission where you're supposed to parachute onto the truck a good 15 times before finally getting it. I feel there's something I'm not getting with the controls in the air. Every mission requiring some precise landing or even dropping off something at a very specific location with a plane or helicopter has just been a struggle. The physics when you're in the air just seem crazy, and it reminds me of some of my least fond memories of GTA IV.

Certinty

I must've retried that side mission where you're supposed to parachute onto the truck a good 15 times before finally getting it. I feel there's something I'm not getting with the controls in the air. Every mission requiring some precise landing or even dropping off something at a very specific location with a plane or helicopter has just been a constant struggle. The physics when you're in the air just seem crazy. Reminds me of some of my least fond memories of GTA IV.
Are you using precision landing when you hold both R1/RB and L1/LB? If you are I can't see why you're finding it so hard.

lil smoke

Banned
I find it funny that I'm riding a motorcycle and Chop is still somehow able to keep up with me on foot.

haha really?

Gotta say, I did not have that Rockstar club thing or whatever, so I never trained Chop.

but I love that damn dog. I wish he were around to help more often.

lil smoke

Banned
Are you using precision landing when you hold both R1/RB and L1/LB? If you are I can't see why you're finding it so hard.

I was on my first parachuting mission just last night.

First let me say I loved the banter while we were in the air. Chocolate rainbow? LOL

But even with precision, I found myself floating in the air with no real way to control where I was descending. Luckily they give a little leeway with landing zones.

Noted that you are using all 4 triggers though. Will try that.

rallaren

It was hilarious seeing NPC-Michael getting shot dead in Police vs Trevor crossfire right beside the impound. I regret not checking how much money he dropped.

Edit: Bug?: I had a fully LSC modified getaway vehicle parked somewhere yesterday, called L, only to find out I had to get a new one today. I looked for like 30 mins after the location but it wasn't there nor at the impound. I was not chased anyway but the money is gone.

I must've retried that side mission where you're supposed to parachute onto the truck a good 15 times before finally getting it. I feel there's something I'm not getting with the controls in the air. Every mission requiring some precise landing or even dropping off something at a very specific location with a plane or helicopter has just been a struggle. The physics when you're in the air just seem crazy, and it reminds me of some of my least fond memories of GTA IV.
I've only flown a helicopter twice, but both times I found it absolutely hilarious the thing turned every which way other than what I wanted/expected. The same with swimming. It's some of the worst controls I've ever experienced.

SlickVic

I was on my first parachuting mission just last night.

First let me say I loved the banter while we were in the air. Chocolate rainbow? LOL

But even with precision, I found myself floating in the air with no real way to control where I was descending. Luckily they give a little leeway with landing zones.

Noted that you are using all 4 triggers though. Will try that.

Yeah I thought the game just said L1+R1 for precision landing. If 4 triggers works better I may try that for future reference.

I feel the thing that makes the truck landing one worse than the 1st mission is it's a moving target and the truck bay is surprisingly narrow. I feel half of my failed attempts I landed on the edge of it and fell off. Just felt the controls weren't tight enough to land perfectly in the center of that truck without speeding or slowing down too much to miss it altogether. I think I eventually landed it with dumb luck.

rallaren

Second playthrough without doing any S&F and it still took me 33h. wtf.

I also did
ending A and B and I like them both but since I already made ending C with 100% they don't matter much.

A thing I tried while doing missions was driving in first person with the traffic flow, following red lights etc. Was pretty cool and I felt somewhat synced with the radio for once.
Especially the mission where you drive to and from the psychiatrist with the family.

Eidan

I finally watched the other endings.

For the life of me, I will never understand how anyone chose those two endings. They go against every direction the story had been moving in up until that point. Even worse are those who chose those endings, and were upset when they learned they actually lost a character. If that was such a big concern for you, why didn't you choose the ending the game explicitly states will lead to saving the characters? An absurd choice.

dyergram

For the life of me, I will never understand how anyone chose those two endings. They go against every direction the story had been moving in up until that point. Even worse are those who chose those endings, and were upset when they learned they actually lost a character. If that was such a big concern for you, why didn't you choose the ending the explicitly states will lead to saving the characters? An absurd choice.

I thought
franklin may die if I chose c
(I chose it anyway).

Wasp

I seem to be stuck at 68 out 69 missions complete despite finishing the main story and all the Lester missions. Anything obvious that leaps out to check for?

None of the characters have a mission number showing in the character switch wheel and there are no mission icons on the map. I know people say call Tonya but I thought she was considered under the Strangers & Freaks mission pool. Poking around on line it seems others have had the same problem but I'm not seeing any solutions.

Any ideas?
Same thing has happened to me. For some reason the game skipped the story mission Hang Ten. Also I've only got 12 parachute missions on the map instead of 13 (missing the one called Runaway Train).

I emailed Rockstar about it but they just gave me a generic response saying try deleting the patch and installing it again.

Muffdraul

For the life of me, I will never understand how anyone chose those two endings. They go against every direction the story had been moving in up until that point. Even worse are those who chose those endings, and were upset when they learned they actually lost a character. If that was such a big concern for you, why didn't you choose the ending the explicitly states will lead to saving the characters? An absurd choice.

I don't get it either. I went into ending C with almost complete confidence. From a scale of 1 to 10, my concern that
Franklin may die
was maybe a 2. I didn't put much thought into it beyond
"As if they're really gonna punish the youngest crew member for doing the right thing by killing him off. Yeah right, not gonna happen."

There may as well have been one ending, same with GTAIV. You can tell V's
option C
and IV's
Deal choice
were the most fleshed out/least shitty endings.

Post your mission list from the social club, I had the same problem and as it turned out I ha managed to skip a mission called fresh meat and there was no way to retroactively do it.

That's my concern. I'm pretty sure I even know the mission that I somehow skipped. The very first Solomon mission. I put off starting his thread till after
the Yankton trip
and was super confused with how his line started with chasing down Rocco. Looking at a few guides I definintely missed the first mission Solomon gives you.

Did you try it? As Franklin? Those were the ones I couldnt figure out for awhile with the same issue.

I've not tried yet. Been stuck at work but that's the first thing I'm doing when I get home. That and looking to see if I can "replay" the mission I somehow skipped.

Same thing has happened to me. For some reason the game skipped the story mission Hang Ten. Also I've only got 12 parachute missions on the map instead of 13 (missing the one called Runaway Train).

I emailed Rockstar about it but they just gave me a generic response saying try deleting the patch and installing it again.

Ugh not great to hear that Rockstar isn't being proactive about this. Not going to lie it kind of kills my motivation to go for 100% since the game might never recognize it. :-(

I just did the first few missions with Trevor - the two flying ones, I don't know what they were about, but I had to completely skip them. I've never had motion sickness due to a game, but the airplane flying immediately made me feel dizzy and heavy-headed (this didn't happen with the helicopter).

Are there many more mandatory airplane flying missions? I hate skipping stuff, but I literally had to turn my head away from the screen it hit me so fast.

I just did the first few missions with Trevor - the two flying ones, I don't know what they were about, but I had to completely skip them. I've never had motion sickness due to a game, but the airplane flying immediately made me feel dizzy and heavy-headed (this didn't happen with the helicopter).

Are there many more mandatory airplane flying missions? I hate skipping stuff, but I literally had to turn my head away from the screen it hit me so fast.

You fly a helicopter 2 times in the story.

Helicopter was OK. I stole a couple early on, just chancing across them. It was something about the airplane that really messed with me. I have never experienced motion sickness in a game before.

On a better note, the game feels like it's opening up a lot more at this point. It started really slow and narrow, so I'm hoping for some real sandbox fun now :)

I've only flown a helicopter twice, but both times I found it absolutely hilarious the thing turned every which way other than what I wanted/expected. The same with swimming. It's some of the worst controls I've ever experienced.

If you do flight training the controls become much easier especially with inexperienced pilots like Michael and Franklin.

Dammit. It wasn't a missed Tonya mission. It was totally the first mission Solomon gives you that somehow got skipped in my story mode. It's not even listed as a mission I can replay. I've got a support ticket on to Rockstar but I'm not holding my breath after what others have said about similar situations.

Completely kills my drive to get 100%,since it's not feasible without restating. Ugh.

Just finished the story. What utter shit!

For such a critically acclaimed game I can't believe how bad the script and dialogue are. Given it got so many perfect scores it really encapsulates the huge chasm between the level of video game writing and other entertainment media.

DukeSucks

I wish there wasn't a cap on your money, I love playing the stock market. I maxed everyone out, bought all the properties, then maxed it out again

Vally

I'm at 58% and missions just don't appear anymore... the last thing I did was a Lester mission where I had to kill some dude getting on a bus, then I did all the optional missions I could, rampages, etc. and now there are no more mission icons on the map for any of the characters.

I don't know if I'm supposed to do something or it's a game-breaking bug and I have to start again from the beginning :/

Eidan

Just finished the story. What utter shit!

For such a critically acclaimed game I can't believe how bad the script and dialogue are. Given it got so many perfect scores it really encapsulates the huge chasm between the level of video game writing and other entertainment media.

What were your problems with it?

EvaristeG

Banned
Why did my plane disappeared from my hangar ? Pretty sure I did save after buying it. Is it lost forever if I crashed it ?

EDIT : and what's with the garage again ? I can't find my newly bought car with Michael anywhere. Not in my home parking, garage, or car impound. Fuck this shit seriously.

So, I'm here doing one of the drug run Trevor missions, and there's one with the plane where you need to bomb a plane and a boat in about 2 minutes.

It doesn't seem possible to do it in this time frame...anyone remember this one?

Overdoziz

Banned
So, I'm here doing one of the drug run Trevor missions, and there's one with the plane where you need to bomb a plane and a boat in about 2 minutes.

It doesn't seem possible to do it in this time frame...anyone remember this one?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that one is impossible.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i bought the
Tank
with Trevor and i got the email saying it was delivered but it isnt in the garage.

Anyone knows where it is? :(

For the life of me, I will never understand how anyone chose those two endings. They go against every direction the story had been moving in up until that point. Even worse are those who chose those endings, and were upset when they learned they actually lost a character. If that was such a big concern for you, why didn't you choose the ending the game explicitly states will lead to saving the characters? An absurd choice.

(FYI: My spoiler contains mention of the RDR ending. If you have not played that game, do not read)

Completely agree with your first point.

I legitimately thought that they would kill off Franklin though, which was stupid and really ruined the ending for me. I figured A meant Michael dies, B is Trevor, and C "death wish" means that Franklin gets ambushed and can't hold them off -- ALA Red Dead Redemption ending. I looked at who I had jobs left with, and so I chose to kill Michael... based purely on the job #'s that I had left over.

I thought the ending killing Michael made NO sense and then I watched Trevor's. It equally did not make sense. I didn't even know that "death wish" let you keep all three characters until I went back and played it... and I thought "wtf... why wasn't this just the ending to the game?!"

The Death Wish ending is pretty much perfect for the game. It's over the top, it ridiculously cleans up loose ends, you kill a TON of guys, and it's a cool -- albeit anticlimactic -- finishing scene. The other endings were SO forced, like Franklin screams that Michael always held him down and held him back, and you're like, what ... no he didn't... And then Michael turns into a total pussy running from you, which is completely out of character.

It makes me mad that they even offered those endings because they made no sense. They were both shitty and tacked on, and ending #3, Death Wish, fit perfectly to the theme of the game.

Kjellson

I must have played the first racing mission with Franklin about one billion times by now. The controls are just unbearable and the fact that you can't choose to restart a mission is a huge pain in the ass. Ugh.

I must have played the first racing mission with Franklin about one billion times by now. The controls are just unbearable and the fact that you can't choose to restart a mission is a huge pain in the ass. Ugh.

I hope you're using Franklin's special ability. If not, I imagine those races are super frustrating.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Finished the main story a couple of nights ago. I really enjoyed it over all but it has some significant flaws. Nothing that drags it down like 4, but I felt like the game didn't really know what to do with itself after
going back to North Yankton
I can't decide that the last main mission not being an epic set piece mission like the last few is good or bad. On one hand, not as frustrating, on the other, I don't feel like I accomplished much. I've also decided that the main and secondary characters are essentially Peanuts characters.

I should have a couple of days to myself later this week and I'm thinking about renting this, but I think I'm mainly interested in GTA Online. Is it running stably now, on PS3? Is it worth playing GTA Online even if I haven't played the campaign? (i.e. do items and cash and things like that carry over?)

Top Bottom