• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Haines

Banned
Hopefully the patch/money comes sooner than later. I havent played in weeks, and I fear much longer Im going to just move on...

MisterHero

I wanted a PS3 for Metal Gear Legacy and MGS5. The cheap model (12GB?) was a joke, so I got the reasonably priced 500GB+GTAV bundle.

The attention to detail in this game is incredible. Even the random pedestrians feel more alive than ever.

I was kinda disappointed it didn't completely replicate San Andreas's map with the game's massive space, but the relationships of 3 playable characters made up for it. The stock market is a pretty novel idea. I can't load the page exactly when the stock hits its peak for the day though. :p

Online is alright when bugs don't get in the way. Losing money and ammo everytime you die sucks. Especially when everything is more expensive and some players are 90% impervious (fully upgraded car).

---

Maybe someone can explain one thing I don't like: the system for saving cars. I like getting cars and customizing them, but I occasionally lose them when doing missions. Sometimes they spawn near me after the mission's over. Some are impounded and some just disappear. I'm scared of taking them out for open world fun because walking a few blocks away can make them vanish. I usually steal cars to progress through the story. Not because it's fun, but because of these issues.

I wish the Insurance/Anti-loss system in Online was in the main game. It's meant to protect your car from other players, but your single-player cars shouldn't just disappear either. I should be able to park it properly without having to go to my garage everytime. Even the personal mechanic would be a crucial addition.

Do these problems only exist for stolen cars?

In that case, definitely don't try sailing a boat off the north west coast as far as you can.

Is it worthwhile going to therapy at all btw? I just remembered I've yet to have an appointment.

It definitely leads to interesting character development for Michael and the therapist, the cutscenes can be kinda funny and they eventually lead to an interesting twist. I'd do it.

GTAO: the money that isn't in the bank just disappears? I played it after one week and I had no money left, wth.
also how do I put it in the bank.

There were many, many glitches the first week the game was out. MOney isn't supposed to disappear but there were a ton of glitches in the first week that caused people to lose progress and characters.

If you have an apartment, it'll cost like $75/in-game-day (48 minutes of free roam), but... you make $75 in about 1 second, so it should never be a problem.

Beat it. My major complaint would be that I felt the heist focus was underutilized. I would have preferred a game more like Ocean's Eleven and less like, well, Rockstar. Still, a pretty fun game on the whole, with a well-designed world and lots of content.

So, my friend showed me how to do the property buy glitch, and bought a bunch of shit with it. I just now find out that it breaks Trevors drug run side missions. Shiiiit.

Ranger X

So, my friend showed me how to do the property buy glitch, and bought a bunch of shit with it. I just now find out that it breaks Trevors drug run side missions. Shiiiit.

Well, that's what you should expect for cheating with glitches right? Hope you had more than one save!

Holy moly! You have to get 30 submarine parts AND 30 nuclear wastes in that submarine?! Yeah, this is gonna take a while.

Did that the minute it opened up. Loved every minute of it.

50 letter scraps. 50 alien ship parts.

All of it. None of it felt like a chore, either (for the first time in a GTA title).

The scuba/sub stuff in gtav is incredible - my favourite part of the game. It crushed me to learn there was nothing more after it was over.

Wait, there are SHARKS in the water?!

Uh, I don't know if I can swim around in the ocean with sharks lurking around the corner.

The sharks here are actually probably the scariest in any game I've played. The underwater environment is so immersive that when one pops up on your radar while you're scuba diving, it's an absolute panicked swim back to the boat. Glorious.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
On topic, I hate collectathons in general but love them in GTAIII-GTA SA & GTA V. It's more like a tour of mechanics you might not have considered (in the earlier games) and locations there's no way you would have seen (in the later games).
In more annoying news, I never got an email from Marnie! Is there any way to trigger
Epsilon tracts? I finished everything, did the passive ending and got the sacred tractor, but there's just nothing, no one answers the phone, and I'm like spiritually lost or something

Finally beat it last night, my thoughts.

I chose ending C. Honestly, I felt no reason to choose anything other than this ending. I don't see why Franklin would want to kill either Michael or Trevor, and after watching their endings it just seemed rushed and pointless for the sake of choice. I was happy with my ending however, closed things up the only way I felt it could for a story that really didn't seem to go anywhere. Seriously, did any character mature or develop in any way from beginning to end? Michael's family and him are on good terms, him and Trevor hate each other, and Franklin just kind of continues to exist and be a boring character.

Done with the spoilers. Game was fun as hell, it's the first GTA game I beat to be honest. I never bought the original games and I got bored of GTA IV, I thought V was excellent though. Mission structure constantly had you doing new and fun things, I enjoyed constantly unlocking new weapons and things to toy around with, the characters had a pretty fun dynamic if a bit mean-spirited at times, and the game's world is simply beautiful. The dispersion of collectables such as the
alien parts
could be done better, as I honestly found one single collectable through my entire experience. It's a shame because I honestly love exploring Los Santos, walking its streets, climbing buildings, finding secret passages and areas, etc, where the hell are all the collectables? Secret packages, pigeons, anything would be great.

There's still plenty for me to do and see though. I haven't even tried diving underwater with scuba gear (Nor do I know how to...) or doing much flying or anything. I have plenty of game to play and I can't say that I plan on being done with it any time soon, and I don't even have Xbox Live.

rallaren

Can someone help me check if there are more missions where there's A, B and crew memeber options, I can't remember. So far I know:

The Jewel Store Job
The Merryweather Heist
The Paleto Score
The Bureau Raid
The Big Score

Hm seems about right.

Ultimadrago

Started Saints Row IV now soon after beating GTA V...

I've made a huge mistake.

Can someone help me check if there are more missions where there's A, B and crew memeber options, I can't remember. So far I know:

The Jewel Store Job
The Merryweather Heist
The Paleto Score
The Bureau Raid
The Big Score

Hm seems about right.

Yeah, I think that's all of them.

Kjellson

PHEEEEEEEEW! I just got all the nuclear wastes. Thank the fucking lord for that.

I'm not setting any of the character's feet in that submarine again.

ronito

The gaming invasion of off topic has begun!

OSJYKqS.gif

3N16MA

Banned
I knew the day would come when OT merges with Gaming. Now it's time for Nolan to make a video game so we can all praise it and then shit on it 6 months later.

Dead

well not really...yet
I knew the day would come when OT merges with Gaming. Now it's time for Nolan to make a video game so we can all praise it and then shit on it 6 months later.
Gaming forum already does that with everything anyway.

Though this time they would be justified!

Top Bottom