• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

wow, I didn't know there was a(weapon spoiler)
crowbar
. If anyone wants to know where it is it's next to
the second epsilon tract on top of the sunken ship

man, that mission above
gives you the feels. poor trevor......

It's debatable whether or not it's a glitch, but
you can bring any number of those trucks back to the house to get that cutscene, as many times as you want.
Just let that settle in for a little bit.

Finished the game (for the first time) the other day, and I think my favorite part of the game was:

SPOILERS...
When Trevor was saying goodbye to Patricia as you're driving, and that Chicago song came on. Perfect song for that scene.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6To3CZZyD8c

"Everyone I love abandons me!"
"I'm not abandoning you... I'm going home."

I know there have been complaints of there being no one true antagonist, but does anyone else feel like GTAV is more like a fucked up version of the "man versus nature" setup? I mean, the whole city is run by greed and avarice, and whoever in Los Santos goes after that ultimately ends up in a position of power or becomes one of your several enemies throughout the game. I felt like the real antagonist was more of a concept, and it just happened to manifest in some of your baddies more than others.

rvy

Banned
Game became ridiculously unplayable due to streaming issues after the latest update. No idea wtf is going on, even the Xbox 360 is slower reading the HDD.

Fjordson

I know there have been complaints of there being no one true antagonist, but does anyone else feel like GTAV is more like a fucked up version of the "man versus nature" setup? I mean, the whole city is run by greed and avarice, and whoever in Los Santos goes after that ultimately ends up in a position of power or becomes one of your several enemies throughout the game. I felt like the real antagonist was more of a concept, and it just happened to manifest in some of your baddies more than others.
That's basically how I saw it. Had no issues with the story really or the lack of a major antagonist.

My only problem with the game creatively was the way Rockstar handled the ending choices. There's one ending that is pretty fuckin' awesome and should have just been the ending in my opinion. The other choices are lame in comparison and feel out of place.

Not a huge deal since I simply picked the (in my opinion) best ending, but I don't even think the choice needs to be in there in the first place.

That's basically how I saw it. Had no issues with the story really or the lack of a major antagonist.

My only problem with the game creatively was the way Rockstar handled the ending choices. There's one ending that is pretty fuckin' awesome and should have just been the ending in my opinion. The other choices are lame in comparison and feel out of place.

Not a huge deal since I simply picked the (in my opinion) best ending, but I don't even think the choice needs to be in there in the first place.

The ending is without a doubt the canon finish to it all, but I feel like they threw the other endings in just for the sake of the minorities that ("bad ending" spoilers)
wanted to end up killing Michael and Trevor. I mean hell, even though Michael's got some demons, he in no way seemed like he needed to be killed in any way, shape or form. And while Trevor is ridiculous, even for a GTA game, the fact that he goes out by immolation seems a little much, even for all of the crazy shit he did. There's also the fact that Franklin doesn't even have an ending where he dies, presumably because he's such a shoe-in for the "only sane man" role that Rockstar assumed that nobody would want him dead over the course of the game because he's probably the most "redeemable" character.

The fact that you have access to multiple saves and the game goes out of its way to illustrate your ending choice is by and large an ending, including its repercussions, seems like it was mostly just Rockstar pulling some Twilight Zone-level "what if" spots because they had wiggle room for it.

It's debatable whether or not it's a glitch, but
you can bring any number of those trucks back to the house to get that cutscene, as many times as you want.
Just let that settle in for a little bit.

man, that is so messed up on so many levels.

I got to rant here a little bit regarding the 100% completion rewards. I don't know what R* is thinking but I would like something a little bit more than just random
UFO sightings
and a
bigfoot
mission that is pointless really(if you played the mission then you know what i mean). Yeah, I know about the challiad(sp) mystery but honestly I think it's nothing. Call me an entitled gamer but when I complete a long list of activities for 100%, I'm expecting more than a mission, a random easter egg, and a shirt. I think the best 100% completion reward to date would be the original san andreas. followed by vice city IMO. For gta V, what would have been a great 100% would be the ability to rob those small banks(you know, the banks that you can't get into) and to have the jetpack. It's still not much but it's something at least. okay, done ranting.

bndadm

Game became ridiculously unplayable due to streaming issues after the latest update. No idea wtf is going on, even the Xbox 360 is slower reading the HDD.

I had this issue when trying to reload a save while in-game. It would always lock up. It drove me insane as I was trying to watch the stock market during the assassination missions.

Turns out removing that patch fixed the loading lock-up.

rvy

Banned
I had this issue when trying to reload a save while in-game. It would always lock up. It drove me insane as I was trying to watch the stock market during the assassination missions.

Turns out removing that patch fixed the loading lock-up.

Did you re-apply the patch afterwards? I don't wanna be playing off-line for eternity.
The game even freezes mid-gameplay at least a couple of times because its loading.

bndadm

Did you re-apply the patch afterwards? I don't wanna be playing off-line for eternity.
The game even freezes mid-gameplay at least a couple of times because its loading.

I did, only because the BAWSAQ wouldn't work offline. However I was not experiencing the mid-gameplay issues you are encountering. Sorry to hear it.

is the patch that bad? good thing I haven't downloaded it yet then. going back to my previous post, what would you guys consider a proper 100% completion reward?

bud23

From Edge; Rockstar North&#8217;s Aaron Garbut on the making of Grand Theft Auto V &#8211; our game of 2013[

How did our game of the year winner, Grand Theft Auto V, make it from the drawing board to become the biggest-selling title of 2013? Rockstar North art director Aaron Garbut explains what it was like to be part of the five-year process of its creation, the challenges of designing a world for multiple lead characters, and the power of incredible lighting in setting an unforgettable mood.

How did having three playable characters inform your design choices when it came to building the world?

.The world is always designed before the game. That&#8217;s just the way we do things. We have a chunk of preproduction where a subset of the art team lay out and build a white box city. We get the roads feeling good, the vistas working well and look at the skyline and landmarks. We spend a long time driving and building and tweaking and getting everything in place and feeling balanced, making sure the districts we have chosen will blend together naturally and as a whole create the feeling of the city. As missions and story come together, I work with the level designers to place missions and key locations and to utilise as much of the world as we can.

We did know the [biographies] for the three characters right at the start, so we knew we wanted to create an area for Trevor out in the sticks. Towards the beginning of preproduction, I met up with [Rockstar president] Sam [Houser] in LA, and we spent a week together driving about, just exploring and talking. During that trip, we drove out into the desert and eventually ended up visiting Salton Sea [in California]. We went to an amazing spot called Bombay Beach and expected a real-life Trevor to burst out on us at any second. When the full reference trip was organised, we sent a team out to Salton Sea for a few days.

With GTA Online planned as such a large part of the experience, and one which we knew we wanted to sustain, we really didn&#8217;t have the luxury of focusing solely on the singleplayer journey. We had to ensure that the world as a whole was coherent and of consistent quality. We also knew we wanted to give the entire world a sense of life, and to encourage and reward the player for exploring. I think if this was a linear experience, the three characters would have had a bigger impact on the design and workload of the world.

As it was, though, they just gave us a few anchor points. All the things that hung off of that &#8211; the contrasts, the fidelity and detail, the personality &#8211; we would have done anyway. At a certain point, the detail and scope is just so big that you can do what you want within it and it has little impact on production.

What were the most valuable lessons you&#8217;d learnt through previous GTAs that were transferable to this project?

.Mostly not to get locked down to anything, whether it&#8217;s a process, a plan, a goal, an asset, an idea &#8211; anything. To keep completely open-minded, adapt to the situation and always look for a better way forward, rather than stick with what&#8217;s been decided previously. I don&#8217;t mean chop and change for the sake of it, but let what&#8217;s best for the game dictate the way forward. With a game that&#8217;s as large and complex as this, the ideas need to be fluid, and you need to be paying as much attention as you can to every aspect to make sure they&#8217;re working together.

We&#8217;ve got an amazing art team here that is extremely experienced at building open worlds. We&#8217;ve been doing it for 15 years, so a lot of the problems and solutions are just so ingrained in us that we don&#8217;t really notice them. There&#8217;s always new things that come along, though, and the nature of how we approach development means that we need to be ready to adapt. The world is built first, then missions, then structure and story, and all the time all our systems are developing and changing. Each of these things influences the others massively, so each needs to adapt to the others. We are always playing and refining, adjusting each element of the game to play better with the others. We&#8217;re rarely throwing away content; it&#8217;s more about adapting plans and constantly looking ahead with a clean slate, rather than sticking stubbornly to old decisions.

As always with a new Grand Theft Auto game, Rockstar set about building the world first, before designing missions, the game&#8217;s structure and then its story.

I always think of the process the same way I was taught in art college to draw or sculpt. It&#8217;s about sketching in the overall vision and then layering and working in additional detail, pulling the end result out of the page. It&#8217;s just that we have a thousand people all drawing at once on the same page. We&#8217;re lucky &#8211; a lot of us have been doing this together for so long that we know how to work together.

Looking back, how do you think the final version of the game matches up to your initial vision?

.It&#8217;s hard to remember the original vision now. We always have a very basic idea of what we want to achieve, but from day one it&#8217;s evolving and adapting. As a game, the initial vision is always very rough. We decided right at the start we wanted to do three switchable characters, we decided who the main characters were and we decided the general tone for the game. Then we just built and evolved and let the game dictate itself.

[Having] multiple characters was a leap of faith. It was an interesting idea, and it felt like we could do interesting things with it, but it also felt like a change to the core of the game that might backfire. I think it really worked out. It&#8217;s so hard during development to get perspective &#8211; you get so used to looking for the problems that it becomes almost impossible to step back and see the positives. On this project, despite living in that world for years, playing the missions again and again, it felt fun. It felt great to experience the world, to see it evolve from the basic building blocks to the finished detailed results with all the scenarios and life added. I still think of it like a real place in a lot of ways. That&#8217;s an amazing thing &#8211; to build what feels like a real place and then for nearly 30 million people to live there.

As a group of people, we&#8217;re never short of ideas. There are always things that come up during development that you want to add. Often we do, but the closer you get to release, the less that happens. I don&#8217;t feel like the game fell short, but there is undoubtedly a huge volume of plans and ideas that we wanted to do to push it further.

&#8220;There are always things that come up during development that you want to add. Often we do, but the closer you get to release, the less that happens.&#8221;

What I love about our GTA Online plans is that the game is no longer static. We can continue to add these things and evolve. That&#8217;s even more exciting these days, where through forums, Reddit, etc, we have a real direct connection to the people playing the game. We can respond to what they are into and what they hate more than ever. It&#8217;s something that really suits the way we work, the way we&#8217;re always trying to adapt the experience and avoid walking blindly down a set path.

Los Santos is the series&#8217; closest analogy to a real location &#8211; how does that affect how it&#8217;s designed?

.We always use the same process: working with real cities, starting on a macro level to define the districts we want to use, and working down. I think the only variation is how many real landmarks we decide to use once we get to the individual building level. I always feel we build our own world &#8211; we&#8217;re still a long way from being dictated by reality. Instead, we use it as a starting point. We&#8217;ll move entire districts about geographically, never mind individual buildings.

I&#8217;d never want to rebuild a city. I think that would be a lot less satisfying both for us to build and for the player to play. In a lot of ways, it would be less convincing, too. At least that&#8217;s how I rationalise it to myself. Only a relatively small subset of players ever get to know the real LA or New York. Most experience it through film and TV, or through short visits, and that&#8217;s a highly edited representation. We do the same: we take the feel of a city, the one we get through visiting and through experiencing it our whole lives through media, and build that. We compress, we edit, we emphasise certain things and we end up with something that in some ways, I think, feels more like the popular perception of the place than the actual city. Only because the popular perception isn&#8217;t the real city, if that makes sense.

&#8220;We compress, we edit, we emphasise certain things and we end up with something that in some ways, I think, feels more like the popular perception of the place than the actual city.&#8221;

The game&#8217;s lighting system works really hard to evoke moods &#8211; how important do you think it is to the finished game?

-It&#8217;s absolutely vital. Good lighting makes all the difference; it&#8217;s what binds the experience together. We have an extremely good lighting team who have worked together to push and push what was previously possible. It&#8217;s a hell of a lot of work and tuning, held together by extremely optimal and clever code with a layer of hacky tricks over the top to give us the things that shouldn&#8217;t be possible.

Sam Houser once told us that recreating neon lighting in Vice City was an important breakthrough during its development. Were there equivalent points while making GTAIV and V?

.On IV, that was when the lighting &#8211; and in particular the realtime shadows &#8211; came online. That was a revelation for us at the time, having spent years on PS2 baking in static lighting. Suddenly, everything felt solid. On V, it was similar: the lighting system was reworked and we had a system that could draw much nicer shadows over much farther distances. The first time I saw the shadows drawing all the way into the distance while flying over the city was one of those moments &#8211; and then when the lighting [level of detail] system came together, we suddenly had a world that seemed so much more alive at night.

From your position as art director, which part of creating the game was the most enjoyable?

.I love working with level design. As we&#8217;re laying out the world and blocking it in, we&#8217;re considering gameplay and coming up with mission ideas. I always do my best to push those ideas through, but I think the most enjoyable part of the project is when we start to place everything in the world. Once the locations are in place and level designers start to get everything to flow together and the cutscenes plugging in, it ticks over from being a series of disconnected elements into a game. It&#8217;s at this point &#8211; once everything is in place, to some degree &#8211; that the work actually starts. It&#8217;s that last chunk when you make the hard decisions, where elements that are not working have to be changed and where you can iterate. It&#8217;s hard. It takes a long time. But it&#8217;s the bit that makes all the difference. I&#8217;m not entirely sure if it&#8217;s the most enjoyable, but it&#8217;s certainly the most rewarding.

http://www.edge-online.com/features...aking-of-grand-theft-auto-v-our-game-of-2013/

Luthos

Is it just me, or is the AI programmed to turn in front of you whenever you're driving? I swear they're out to piss me off. I'm pretty sure I've seen them go through red lights because they see me coming and force me to swerve out of their way (or crash into them).

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Is it just me, or is the AI programmed to turn in front of you whenever you're driving? I swear they're out to piss me off. I'm pretty sure I've seen them go through red lights because they see me coming and force me to swerve out of their way (or crash into them).

Yes. It's done that since GTA 3 that I remember in a non-foggy way. Foggily I can remember GTA 1 doing that, but I could be overlaying that memory with Spy Hunter.

rallaren

Just checked up on the game, it did an update and it seems car handling has changed? Graphics and lightning looked better somehow too, and was there a Primus-looking car with glass roof before?

Also checked BAWSAQ - BDG at 1.xx

Just passed 50 hours post-ending on my 5th single player file. Think that's about 350 hours now, excluding GTA Online. I've tried to get into the online but a big part of GTAV for me is the characters and story, and GTAO has a lot of disconnect from it and most of the gameplay doesn't really fit with the story. The character models are pretty bad, too, so I just found myself caring more to roam around as Trevor instead.

Saving grace of the game's replayability is the hangout mode. Three Kings a la gameplay where you roam around with all three characters is basically what I've spent most of the last couple months doing. I'll just load up, pick up M and F with T, and come up with some sort of idea for the evening: pick up meth ingredients from Pop's up at Paleto, raid Vagos territory, steal a truck from the hydro plant, etc. It's all made-up: the game has a severe lack of actual content. But in large part to the incredible detail of every nook and cranny of the world, there are so many fun 'playgrounds' to just go mess around in.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/66xi82p_rkGQgZtdM9Icng

Just random stuff like this. T and M went and hit a store just for some random fun, and it turned into an exciting 10 minute chase where we finally lost the cops in a stationwagon out by the cost. Ditched the wagon on the tracks after dousing in with flames, grabbed a new ride from down at the plant, and got M back home before his family noticed at sunset. A lot of real roleplay sort of descriptions that could be broken down in pretty barebones gameplay and content, but that's the beauty of the game world -- it makes that sort of thing fun in a way than it wouldn't be in other GTA games.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos/photo/VPqZd3A2e0mRnbH6WTvAIg

Random shootouts with all 3 characters can just turn into a lot of fun in unexpected ways. They're always talking about random story stuff, too, or doing funny stuff like the 2nd pic. Notice anything? This is after we hungout. All 3 characters are in Jag XFs, or Lampardi Felons or whatever they're called in game. Not a totally crazy coincidence because the game car spawning can be awfully repetitive at times but still... it's random stuff like this that can make hanging out with all the 3 chars a lot of fun.

It's basically the only gaming I've done for the last 3 months. Either I start a new GTA5 file with a new theme (e.g. try to play realistic, lawful, where it makes senses, mostly for F and M but not T), replay the shoot out missions, or go mess around in hangout mode. It's a pity the singleplayer doesn't have more replayable content for those of us that don't care the GTAO characters or the gameplay balance (hard to solo a lot of it). The game world lacks content but the art design is better than almost anything not made by Blizzard and WoW. I still stop in awe sometimes when the sun rises in the Senora desert or sets through the trees of Paleto.

Not sure if any of you are aware of this but on the gtaforums there are people searching through the games files and apparently there is mentioned of an alien egg. I'm wondering, has anyone beaten the game 100% the second time around? I have a theory that if a person had three different 100% save files(from different gta 5 sessions) then the jetpack might appear. If my theory is correct then beating the game the second time on 100% should replace the ufo on mount chilad with the egg. It's a strech but I might give it a try.

bndadm

Anybody experience the game freezes when trying load a save durring the game? This is on PS3. It freezes at the loading screen.

Yes I had this exact issue on the 360. It would load the autosave when booting up okay then why trying to load in-game, it would freeze.

I cleared the cache/removed the updates and it resolved the issue. Unfortunately it also prevents you from playing online or using BAWSAQ.

On Demand

Banned
Yes I had this exact issue on the 360. It would load the autosave when booting up okay then why trying to load in-game, it would freeze.

I cleared the cache/removed the updates and it resolved the issue. Unfortunately it also prevents you from playing online or using BAWSAQ.

I use the BAWSAQ and will be playing online soon so I don't want to do that. I don't know why this hasn't been fixed yet.

Not sure if any of you are aware of this but on the gtaforums there are people searching through the games files and apparently there is mentioned of an alien egg. I'm wondering, has anyone beaten the game 100% the second time around? I have a theory that if a person had three different 100% save files(from different gta 5 sessions) then the jetpack might appear. If my theory is correct then beating the game the second time on 100% should replace the ufo on mount chilad with the egg. It's a strech but I might give it a try.

Why would that happen?

Is loading kind of boinked for anyone else with the digital version? Didn't have any issues before but now the game infinitely loads if I try to load a save from within the game(ie, after I'm playing) Really annoying. Have spent about 50 hours in the SP if it matters.

bndadm

Well, I think that does it. I've put 70 hours in and gotten all scraps/UFO pieces, but I still have a marathon, stunt jumps, and knife flights left towards 100% and I don't think I can be bothered anymore.

It really bums me out as I had gotten 100% in all GTA games up through 4, but I'm just burnt out. I'm not sure what bugs me more - the amount of ancillary stuff needed for 100%, or that 100% does not mean get everything (which I should be grateful for).

Plus I read the rewards and...they sound seriously lacking. Anyone else find this one was just too much for them to 100%?

Plus I read the rewards and...they sound seriously lacking. Anyone else find this one was just too much for them to 100%?

i pretty much stopped when the credits rolled. The tedium of 100% was not worth it, the mechanics aren't good enough to grind through that stuff, and there are no side missions/activities that made me want to keep playing. I never dropped a GTA game as quickly after the missions were over than I did GTAV.

Fjordson

Well, I think that does it. I've put 70 hours in and gotten all scraps/UFO pieces, but I still have a marathon, stunt jumps, and knife flights left towards 100% and I don't think I can be bothered anymore.

It really bums me out as I had gotten 100% in all GTA games up through 4, but I'm just burnt out. I'm not sure what bugs me more - the amount of ancillary stuff needed for 100%, or that 100% does not mean get everything (which I should be grateful for).

Yeah, I didn't bother for 100 percent in this. Didn't in IV either.

That being said, I've already put way more hours into this than IV. And probably more than any GTA since III. I think V is easily the best game in the series for just random unstructured fun thanks to the map being so big and diverse.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

No, if anything I thought this one was a lot easier to 100% than previous games. No pigeons for a start. Having legit guides for collectables on the R* site was a nice touch which made me feel less scummy for using it, and taking the dog out with Franklin was a fun way to do it.

Fuck that submarine bit though. Thank god for podcasts.

Fjordson

Fuck that submarine bit though. Thank god for podcasts.
The submarine stuff is the main thing I'm missing. I guess I could just finish it all off, but meh. Every time I boot the game up I just end up screwing around for an hour or two. Or I play a bit online

And yeah, those pigeons were horrible. That's what mainly kept me from doing it in IV :lol

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The submarine stuff is the main thing I'm missing. I guess I could just finish it all off, but meh. Every time I boot the game up I just end up screwing around for an hour or two. Or I play a bit online

And yeah, those pigeons were horrible. That's what mainly kept me from doing it in IV :lol

As a player I really enjoy games where I can kinda turn my brain off and listen to a podcast, so I actually enjoyed the pigeons and pickups. Total brainless sightseeing gaming. The sub bit wouldn't have been so bad if a) the sub was faster and b) if I had an idea of where the stuff actually was - sailing for 10 minutes with the radar saying it's JUST OVER THERE is a pain in the arse.

MilkBeard

Just started playing the game because I was offered a free rental. This is my first GTA game, as I've never jumped in because the series never really interested me.

I have to say, I'm having a lot of fun. The dialogue is extremely over the top, but it's quite funny and the interactions among characters are fun to watch. Gameplay is pretty addicting too, driving around, going to strip club, stealing cars, etc.

There is a funny glitch I've encountered. Sometimes when I go back to a car that I was driving, the game will glitch out and there will be an identical car sitting directly on top of it. Two identical cars stacked. It's kind of hilarious, and I'm not sure what caused it, but it has happened twice now.

I've been playing GTAV in snippets since I got it the night it was released - don't ask me why I was so eager, I really can't remember. Anyway, it just sucks how flat the world feels to me. There's almost nothing I'm interested in investigating because the world itself is boring and poorly written. The map itself is great, but there's nothing in it I particularly want to see. Wandering around the subway stations I just saw a bunch of terrible fake ads for products which were either puns I think they've been using for like 15 years ("cherry popper ice cream", etc) or really blunt parodies of Apple products, which don't really get to any kind of point. I don't think I've found a single character in the game interesting, either. None of them are funny, none of them seem remotely real. It's comparable, but not the same, to how I feel about Skyrim I guess. At least Skyrim doesn't irritate me with it's faux-cynicism and take-shots-at-everyone nonsense, it just feels like a game written with milk on bread. What is similar, though, is because the writing is so poor, I look at this huge intricately designed world and think, I don't care, this is boring.

I just discovered there were some cheats so I've been having a little fun with that. I wish there were more, and that it let you break free of the game's physics engine a bit more, though.

Mistel

Banned
I've been playing GTAV in snippets since I got it the night it was released - don't ask me why I was so eager, I really can't remember. Anyway, it just sucks how flat the world feels to me. There's almost nothing I'm interested in investigating because the world itself is boring and poorly written. The map itself is great, but there's nothing in it I particularly want to see. Wandering around the subway stations I just saw a bunch of terrible fake ads for products which were either puns I think they've been using for like 15 years ("cherry popper ice cream", etc) or really blunt parodies of Apple products, which don't really get to any kind of point. I don't think I've found a single character in the game interesting, either. None of them are funny, none of them seem remotely real. It's comparable, but not the same, to how I feel about Skyrim I guess. At least Skyrim doesn't irritate me with it's faux-cynicism and take-shots-at-everyone nonsense, it just feels like a game written with milk on bread. What is similar, though, is because the writing is so poor, I look at this huge intricately designed world and think, I don't care, this is boring.

I just discovered there were some cheats so I've been having a little fun with that. I wish there were more, and that it let you break free of the game's physics engine a bit more, though.

Yeah that's how I feel about it I missed 4 after playing most of them. 5 doesn't grab me as much as I thought it would, it just isn't fun and that's just the single player.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So, is it possible to store cars somewhere and have them respawn there? I'd hate to take out any cars I've purchased online and risk losing them.

Also, is there a way to get the
spy car with the machine guns
permanently? I bought the model off the internet but it didn't have
the machine guns or the spikes

SJRB

Gold Member
So, is it possible to store cars somewhere and have them respawn there? I'd hate to take out any cars I've purchased online and risk losing them.

Also, is there a way to get the
spy car with the machine guns
permanently? I bought the model off the internet but it didn't have
the machine guns or the spikes

Each of the three characters has his own garage somewhere in Los Santos where you can store a couple of cars. Take note that the entire vehicle management system is absolutely terrible, if you lose a car it's gone for good, it doesn't respawn at the garage.

The Aston Martin look-a-like car is only available in the "regular" version, so no gadgets unfortunately.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Each of the three characters has his own garage somewhere in Los Santos where you can store a couple of cars. Take note that the entire vehicle management system is absolutely terrible, if you lose a car it's gone for good, it doesn't respawn at the garage.

The Aston Martin look-a-like car is only available in the "regular" version, so no gadgets unfortunately.

Ah damn, that's what I was afraid of. So basically, upgrading anything other than the characters main vehicles is pointless unless you plan on driving that car back to the garage every time you're done using it. That's lame.

Oh well, at least the Rhino respawns.

bndadm

Holy fu*k are you telling me that
ufo part rewards
is lost now since i didnt take it to the garage?

Man this game has too much tedium despite the amazing environment they built.

SJRB

Gold Member
How does the impound work for single player I assume there's a finite amount of cars that it can store?

Kind of a mystery to me. It can store two vehicles max, but from what I can gather it doesn't always overwrite to your latest used/lost car. So it will store the first two vehicles you lose/abandon, but nothing else.

So I guess you have to travel to the impound to clear the slots quite a bit.

I don't know man, the entire system is so incredibly backwards. It's absurd that stored vehicles don't respawn in garages when you abandon/wreck them. And it's weird that the impound only stores two vehicles and nobody really knows how this storage system is handled. Say you have bought the 500,000 dollar Bugatti and want to drive it.

- drive to your garage
- abandon car 1 to get car 2 out of the garage
- drive car 2 around for a bit, lose car 1 [maybe goes to impound] because you left it outside the garage
- drive car 2 back to the garage if you want to keep it. So no messing around anywhere, and be sure not to wreck it
- car 1 is now [probably] in the impound, you're outside the garage with no transportation

Also, bicycles get placed in garages too instead of around safehouses. What is the fucking poing of buying a bike then? I have to drive halfway through the city if I want to ride a bike.

Vehicle management is by far my biggest annoyance with this game. Whoever designed this system needs a punch in the face.

Top Bottom