• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How did it work in IV again? You could just drive a car into a parking zone and it became yours, right? I think the inclusion of personal vehicles might have been the downfall of that system.

Mistel

Banned
Kind of a mystery to me. It can store two vehicles max, but from what I can gather it doesn't always overwrite to your latest used/lost car. So it will store the first two vehicles you lose/abandon, but nothing else.

So I guess you have to travel to the impound to clear the slots quite a bit.

I don't know lady, the entire system is so incredibly backwards. It's absurd that stored vehicles don't respawn in garages when you abandon/wreck them. And it's weird that the impound only stores two vehicles and nobody really knows how this storage system is handled. Say you have bought the 500,000 dollar Bugatti and want to drive it.

- drive to your garage
- abandon car 1 to get car 2 out of the garage
- drive car 2 around for a bit, lose car 1 [maybe goes to impound] because you left it outside the garage
- drive car 2 back to the garage if you want to keep it. So no messing around anywhere, and be sure not to wreck it
- car 1 is now [probably] in the impound, you're outside the garage with no transportation

Also, bicycles get placed in garages too instead of around safehouses. What is the fucking poing of buying a bike then? I have to drive halfway through the city if I want to ride a bike.

Vehicle management is by far my biggest annoyance with this game. Whoever designed this system needs a punch in the face.
Fixed that for you :p.

The system like much of the implementation of the game mechanics is baffling, I don't understand why a system like the one used to track and cars in online wasn't implemented. As for generally breaking stuff for those that don't read the online thread I found some stuff in the URL system for either unreleased or cut purchasable vehicles.

Here you go a collection of the stuff I've found
ID numbers on southern san Andreas super autos
6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are sports and super cars same description as the other site lacking numbers and names only

ID numbers on dock tease
8 storable car but will glitch has jetski description
9 same as above

ID numbers for Warstock and cache
5 cargobob hidden but able to purchase
24 8 person vehicle
23 11 person vehicle
21 10 person vehicle
20 6 person vehicle
17 8 person vehicle
Attempts to purchase anything other that the cargobob result in an error message saying you cannot store this vehicle.

When I tried recently post maintenance to purchase them it seems to break the game completely as it removes the minimap and traps the camera, I think it's treating you as still being on the website post purchase of a hidden vehicle on docktease and warstock.
The cars themselves are fine to purchase from the southern san andreas super autos site.

Yeah I think I broke some stuff myself.

Raptomex

Blew up a ton of cars on the freeway and some random female NPC was on fire rolling on the ground screaming in agony. It was so awesome and ridiculous that I was laughing. She sounded so real. It's the little things.

Fjordson

Thought GTA fans would be interested in seeing Rockstar's induction into the AIAS Hall of Fame. Mostly because it's Dan Houser in an actual video. Speaking. I don't think I've ever heard him actually speak. Leslie Benzies is also up there with him: http://youtu.be/6gpnAOxbCGU

On Demand

Banned
Does sleeping to pass time count towards the days you have to wear the epsilon robes? I think i slept for 1 day but i didn't get an update about the days it's been worn.

Raptomex

I got this on release and it took me 6 days ti complete the game to 100%. I question some of the stuff that's required. Like all the collectibles. The triathalon races, especially the last one is rubberbanded to hell. The epsilon robes. The fact that any character can change their clothes on their own makes it a real pain in the ass. I love GTA but some of the stuff I never found "fun". 200 pidgeons in GTA IV was just excessive. If would be cool if some of it could be replaced with more action based stuff. Also, like GTA IV
the reward for 100% in V is just bad
. I can't wait for some DLC.

On Demand

Banned
I think it takes you saving about 40 times to do it. If you're going for 100% and you haven't gone out looking for collectibles you can do that with Michael, it takes up a good amount of time. Also dying and going to the hospital counts as time wearing the robes.

What? 40 times? I thought it was just 10 days? So far I slept from Tuesday to Saturday but I never saw any updates.

Edit- lol. Just as I was typing that I just got the message saying I've worn it for 6 days.

Where did you hear 40 times from? I've only did it about 5 times now.

@Raptomex, wow, that fast? I've been playing for over 100 hours and I'm no where 100%. Though I'm not trying to. Just having fun. Too much fun. I've done 64 missions main missions and a bunch of the side stuff but I'm purposely not beating the game. I'm enjoying it a lot.

What? 40 times? I thought it was just 10 days? So far I slept from Tuesday to Saturday but I never say any updates.

Edit- lol. Just as I was typing that I just got the message saying I've worn it for 6 days.

@Raptomex, wow, that fast? I've been playing for over 100 hours and I'm no where 100%. Though I'm not trying to. Just having fun. Too much fun. I've done 64 missions main missions and a bunch of the side stuff but I'm purposely not beating the game. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I think everytime you save it advances time 6 hours so 4 times for a full day and then 40 times total for 10 days. I'm not really sure if that's accurate, I got most of my time in the robes while going for the various collectibles, and dying a few times in the process.

Raptomex

What? 40 times? I thought it was just 10 days? So far I slept from Tuesday to Saturday but I never saw any updates.

Yeah, when it comes to GTA I always go for 100% first then just do whatever. I also took the week of release off on paid vacation. If I'm going to use cheats I back up my save first. Recently I've just been replaying some heists, calling friends and robbing convenience stores.

Apoc87

Banned
Is there any way to make a lot of money without using the stock market (in offline mode)? I really don't want to mess with that and I need to buy big properties.

Raptomex

So anyone find the Valentine's day weapons and vehicles in story mode? If so, please tell me where. There's no new weapons to buy at Ammu-Nation.

EDIT: Nevermind. I had to download the Valentine's day pack. When I checked the marketplace the other day it wasn't up yet. I assumed it just came with the patch then.

What weapons are they Rapto? First time hearing about this.

And the Zippo is just a Zippo. They gave them away previously, now they're selling them in the R* Warehouse. $40 with shipping is expensive as fuck but I'm going to get one.

Raptomex

What weapons are they Rapto? First time hearing about this.

And the Zippo is just a Zippo. They gave them away previously, now they're selling them in the R* Warehouse. $40 with shipping is expensive as fuck but I'm going to get one.
A tommy gun. Seems to be it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just checked the Social Club to see my stats, put almost 100 hours into GTAV. Single player only. That's bananas.

God this game is so good, I can literally spend hours just driving around. The level of detail is insane, there's just so much going on all the time. I can just drive through Vinewood Hills and admire all the work they've put in, I can't believe they modeled every single house seperately. Everything is unique.

Everytime I play I just notice something new or something cool, the attention to detail is second to none.

I wish the Snapmatic shots were in higher resolution though, this is garbage.

4IYvKiU.jpg

bkxYQG4.jpg

Raptomex

Yeah, it really is insane. I just hope the DLC brings some more action based side missions. More heists, please... that I can do whenever.

On Demand

Banned
I just finished Unknowing The Truth mission. I didn't know you could take the money until I looked at the mission stats. I tried replaying the mission to take the money but when the restore point loads it doesn't carry over. Can this be done or no?

Ted

I platinumed this last night and wow, really love this game. Both SP and MP have been great fun and massively involving.

The story and missions are pretty predictably "GTA" - go somewhere, shoot/collect/chase something, go somewhere else - but I wasn't expecting anything different despite the potential promised by the heist missions. Regardless of their simplicity they all felt fun and many were really pretty challenging on free aim. The three character dynamic added some variation but in a couple of missions I felt that the forced switches broke any immersion/focus rather than add depth.

Talking of the characters, they are a little cliche but it's GTA so hey. There are plenty of little details that really add to their personality and some of the in-mission conversations are hilarious, Michael's berating of Trevor as the Proto-Hipster springs immediately to mind. Yes, the humour is childish and even a little in your face at times but it is so tongue in cheek it mostly sidesteps being outright offensive.

The world is beautiful and oh so explorable. I wish there were more interiors but I am happy to write that off as a hardware limitation along with the graphical flaws that have caused so much next-gen port whining. The pop-in, aliasing and texture qualities in some areas aren't great but frankly to complain is pedantic given the age and spec of the machines this game is running on. When you factor that, and the sheer size of the world, into it, R* have truly done outstanding work and I can't wait to see what their forays into next-gen look like.

If it comes out on the PC the world alone is enough to make me purchase the game again just to see what the modding community will do with such a firm foundation.

The only real let down for me has been the radio stations which though they contain some perfect GTA tunes there just isn't enough content and you end up hearing the same tracks far too often. Even the inspired inclusion of C.W. McCall's Convoy (such a great tune to run from the law to, second only to Amos Moses on the San Andreas soundtrack) can't make up for it.

Slightly off-topic, I also really enjoyed the multi-player and though it suffered issues in the early weeks and the overwhelming majority of GAF think it's nothing more than a money grab I dig it. With friends or interesting pubbers free-roam, co-op missions and racing is great fun, I can understand peoples complaints but broadly speaking (and assuming R* continue to evolve the platform) it's not a bad first stab at a semi-perpetual online GTA world.

Thank you R*. More please. : )

It seems somewhat clear to me that Rockstar doesn't want to make GTA anymore in the traditional sense. I'm not so convinced we'll see a GTA VI and if we do, not anytime soon.

They want GTA Online to take off so that they can eventually move it over to a MMO-style game and build "Grand Theft Auto World". That way they can continually bring in revenue, focus on iterative content and world-building, and not be forced to start from scratch every 4 years. I would imagine they release every 6 months with a bulk of new content, DLC-style with a new piece of that world, having a team working on a new city or something while another team works on supplemental content.

I think GTA Online was a big test in that regard, I'm interested to see what comes of it. Although as mentioned a bunch before, I'm worried that their expansion in scope and landmass will ultimately kill the franchise. They can sell "bigger world" better than they can "more interactive world" or "more detailed environment" but those are my concerns as I feel bigger =/= better.

I bet after the DLC releases they'll assess the future of the franchise.

Raptomex

I just finished Unknowing The Truth mission. I didn't know you could take the money until I looked at the mission stats. I tried replaying the mission to take the money but when the restore point loads it doesn't carry over. Can this be done or no?
Farming heists and missions for money won't happen. You can replay the missions but nothing carries over
It seems somewhat clear to me that Rockstar doesn't want to make GTA anymore in the traditional sense. I'm not so convinced we'll see a GTA VI and if we do, not anytime soon.

They want GTA Online to take off so that they can eventually move it over to a MMO-style game and build "Grand Theft Auto World". That way they can continually bring in revenue, focus on iterative content and world-building, and not be forced to start from scratch every 4 years. I would imagine they release every 6 months with a bulk of new content, DLC-style with a new piece of that world, having a team working on a new city or something while another team works on supplemental content.

I think GTA Online was a big test in that regard, I'm interested to see what comes of it. Although as mentioned a bunch before, I'm worried that their expansion in scope and landmass will ultimately kill the franchise. They can sell "bigger world" better than they can "more interactive world" or "more detailed environment" but those are my concerns as I feel bigger =/= better.

I bet after the DLC releases they'll assess the future of the franchise.
Rockstar already confirmed they want Online to be it's own separate thing. I hope that's true. If they remove SP they'll lose a huge fanbase.

Rockstar already confirmed they want Online to be it's own separate thing. I hope that's true. If they remove SP they'll lose a huge fanbase.
They don't have to remove SP to do what I explained.
GTA will just be more of a platform vs. standalone games.

It would involve them going digital-only and adding bits to the world at a time.

It'd be comparable to them releasing GTA 3 but then they open the Shoreside Vale Tunnel a year down the road but releasing new weapons and missions every month along the way. Or something along those lines.

Then, it will be a living breathing world because it's constantly dynamically changing.

I've got a tasty rumor for ya'll.

I don't know if I'll get banned for this but a close colleague of mine who did some work for Rockstar told me some tidbits about the next GTA.

Might be a complete lie since he's been known for lying in the past, but he swears he's seen concept work for the next GTA game.

He saw work for an Asian main character and what appeared to be a Hispanic main character.

Idk if that's even very interesting, but I thought I'd share.

original.gif

Rockstar starts with a city, expands the concept from there.

It's extremely unlikely they've thought about GTA VI considering they're working on the DLC for V let alone defined a city and/or a main character.

Also, LOL.

Aksala

Banned
Rockstar starts with a city, expands the concept from there.

It's extremely unlikely they've thought about GTA VI considering they're working on the DLC for V let alone defined a city and/or a main character.

Also, LOL.

Your first sentence sounds a bit sketchy.

Fjordson

Yeah, I can't imagine they have details fleshed out. We're still so far out. Who knows if we even ever get another traditional single-player GTA. I really hope we do, but gaming is pretty unpredictable these days.

I'm already ready for GTA VI lol. I've beat V twice now and have spent over 100 hours on it total. Guess the long ass wait is the only downside to being a fan of a series like this. But hopefully we get some other good R* games in the interim
Agent or another Red Dead plz

About the city coming first? He's correct on that, though. Dan Houser and Aaron Garbut have always said that they start with the city and other details about the setting like tone and time period. Then they go from there and flesh out characters, gameplay details, etc.

I don't care what it sounds like.

Aaron Garbut said:
The world is always designed before the game. That&#8217;s just the way we do things.

We have a chunk of preproduction where a subset of the art team lay out and build a white box city. We get the roads feeling good, the vistas working well and look at the skyline and landmarks. We spend a long time driving and building and tweaking and getting everything in place and feeling balanced, making sure the districts we have chosen will blend together naturally and as a whole create the feeling of the city. As missions and story come together, I work with the level designers to place missions and key locations and to utilise as much of the world as we can.

http://www.edge-online.com/features...aking-of-grand-theft-auto-v-our-game-of-2013/

Aksala

Banned
About the city coming first? He's correct on that, though. Dan Houser and Aaron Garbut have always said that they start with the city and other details about the setting like tone and time period. Then they go from there and flesh out characters, gameplay details, etc.

Not to defend this rumor which I myself have doubts about, but why would that fact automatically dismiss the rumor?

Maybe the character artwork is in very preliminary stages. Maybe they're characters for DLC a la Ballad of Gay Tony or Lost and the Damned.

Also, what if Rockstar already has a clear idea about their next city and have moved on to characters.

It's presumptuous to think that the rumor is automatically false if you (not you specifically) are presuming that Rockstar hasn't even begun to design the next city.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Not to defend this rumor which I myself have doubts about, but why would that fact automatically dismiss the rumor?

Maybe the character artwork is in very preliminary stages. Maybe they're characters for DLC a la Ballad of Gay Tony or Lost and the Damned.

Also, what if Rockstar already has a clear idea about their next city and have moved on to characters.

It's presumptuous to think that the rumor is automatically false if you (not you specifically) are presuming that Rockstar hasn't even begun to design the next city.

Anything that goes "my friend said" is pretty much going to be bullshit isn't it though? When I was at school there was always some Baron von Munchhausen of videogames making up tall tales.

if you're vindicated then well done, but I would bet my left testicle that your friend is full of shit.

Fjordson

Oh, I'm not saying it automatically does shoot the possibility down. I have zero clue about what's going on at Rockstar or what they're working on. But you said his sentence sounded sketchy when what he described is what Rockstar themselves have stated numerous times. I didn't mean any offense, just sayin' that it seems very early for them to be that far into their process.

As for DLC characters, that I could see. But you said "next GTA game" so I figured that meant GTA VI.

Ted

My friend is usually full of shit.

I once got drunk and slept on Calton Hill overlooking the Edinburgh R* office and I can tell you with no doubt that GTA VI is set in Norman, Oklahoma.

That's right kids, Norman, Oklahoma, the third largest city in the great state of Oklahoma!!

The main protagonist is a weatherman; innocent and virtuous in his outward appearance but underneath the clean cut exterior beats the heart of a violent sadist with a kink for PVC and a love of Frank Lloyd Wright Cherokee Gothic architecture.

The breathtaking vistas of the 231st most populated city in the US will be complimented by the many acres of green fully explorable landscape featured in the largest world yet created in a R* game. From small mountains to prairies to forests all with dynamic weather and tornadoes, GTA VI - Okay Okie will BLOW YOUR MIND.

So I just finished the mission Pack Man. Simply put: Do I ever get the money later in the game? Do I have to invest my money in a certain stock and sell it later? Or do you never get payed.

Top Bottom