• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So I just finished the mission Pack Man. Simply put: Do I ever get the money later in the game? Do I have to invest my money in a certain stock and sell it later? Or do you never get payed.

You certainly will get paid at some point. But one of the themes of the game is how you get fucked over a lot, so it takes some time. Experience tells me that you absolutely do not need that much money though, so don't sweat it at all. It'll come in time, and if you have $1billion you'd still have nowt to do with it.

There was a minor flurry of excitement when the game came out and everyone was gaming the stocks system, but it quickly became apparent that even though it's a fun metagame it's not necessary at all.

Does anybody here know where I can invest in Fruit? It's not showing up anywhere on the stock screen, even though I have just beat the game. I want to invest my money so I can beat the Assassination missions.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I have not done that yet. Isn't the other market (the green as their theme color), online only? I want the money for single player.

Yeah IIRC Fruit is Bawsaq. Both markets are for SP only, there are no multiplayer stocks. It's also entirely pointless FYI :p

I have been re-absorbed back into GTA5 as I try to get gold medals on all the missions. Damn hard son. Currently on the mission from all the demos Three's Company - gotta do it in half the time I currently do, plus have a high accuracy. Grrrrrrrrr.

I had genuinely forgotten how good the SP was though. Incredible stuff. I will get this achievement if it kills me.

Yeah IIRC Fruit is Bawsaq. Both markets are for SP only, there are no multiplayer stocks. It's also entirely pointless FYI :p

I have been re-absorbed back into GTA5 as I try to get gold medals on all the missions. Damn hard son. Currently on the mission from all the demos Three's Company - gotta do it in half the time I currently do, plus have a high accuracy. Grrrrrrrrr.

I had genuinely forgotten how good the SP was though. Incredible stuff. I will get this achievement if it kills me.

I can't access Bawsaq! It says that the market is down.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

It broked then.

My advice, forget about it and move on. I can't think of anything you need it for, and the launch window stocks madness has long since passed. It was a fad because it was new and exciting but we quickly learned it was pretty empty.

It broked then.

My advice, forget about it and move on. I can't think of anything you need it for, and the launch window stocks madness has long since passed. It was a fad because it was new and exciting but we quickly learned it was pretty empty.

Is there any reason to purchase the Properties (Movie Theater, Golf Course)? I was thinking about saving up for them, but I'm starting to think they aren't worth the money.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is there any reason to purchase the Properties (Movie Theater, Golf Course)? I was thinking about saving up for them, but I'm starting to think they aren't worth the money.

Beyond the small number you need to get 100%, not at all, no. In fact, it's kinda annoying when you do buy them because you occasionally get pain the arse fetch quests from them.

Ted

Beyond the small number you need to get 100%, not at all, no. In fact, it's kinda annoying when you do buy them because you occasionally get pain the arse fetch quests from them.

Yes, I think they are even more annoying than my old "friends" in IV. I just hang up on them now that I've done the required trophy/100% missions. The snivelling taxi guy REALLY bugs me:

"Well maybe I shouldn't have bothered you with that".

"Fucking right, I own it... you run it. Bitch."

SJRB

Gold Member

Bawsaq takes a little time to synch up with Rockstar servers, which is why the market is usually down when you boot up the game.

It's important to understand that GTAV has two different stock markets: LCN and Bawsaq. LCN is only relevant during certain story missions and the assassination missions, in which you get a tip to invest in a certain stock which will skyrocket for a short time after you complete the mission. This is a good way to make quick money for all three characters, since you can switch between them and have each of them invest money in the specific stock.

The Bawsaq exchange is a dynamic stock market that is connected to Rockstar's servers. There may or may not be a real market trade behind it [e.g. the behavior is determined by all players], but usually there are two or three specific markets that have amazing revenue and will grant you huge sums of money if you take some time and keep an eye out.

My main tip for making some fairly easy money is going to Bawsaq, browse through the market list and see what market is in green and how high their index is. Check the chart, if it's near the peak the market is about to plummet. So find a market that's in incline has has good profit percentages, drop some money and give it some time.

Yes, I think they are even more annoying than my old "friends" in IV. I just hang up on them now that I've done the required trophy/100% missions. The snivelling taxi guy REALLY bugs me:

"Well maybe I shouldn't have bothered you with that".

"Fucking right, I own it... you run it. Bitch."

actually, the taxi missions are the best property missions in this game. the rest though are just bland and boring. you can tell that this was a rush job by R*.

Raptomex

actually, the taxi missions are the best property missions in this game. the rest though are just bland and boring. you can tell that this was a rush job by R*.
Yes, the lack of action based side stuff is disappointing. This game was delayed for 8 months, too.

SJRB

Gold Member
I agree that the taxi missions are pretty awesome, but pretty much everything else is garbage. The worst are the fetch quests where you have to go to a location, get in a car and drive it back to the property.

No thanks you weed-smoking motherfucker, I'd rather not abandon my 500,000 dollar Adder so I can drive your shitty hippie van back to your store.

Raptomex

Has anyone done the weed farm more than once? I only did it once. I've tried going only on tuesdays with Trevor and every other day with each character.

Also, the car scrapyard. I've only had to defend it once. I never get a call for it.

Does anyone else have problems with memorizing the city layout (knowing your way around and where you are without the map) in GTAV? I've been playing the game for 4-5 months and I still have problems pinpointing my exact location in Los Santos without referring to the map. That's unusually long compared to previous GTA titles, like GTA IV and GTA:SA. I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's due to a lot of factors like blandness, 3D GPS Style minimap and waypoints etc.

yeah its the gps robbing your brain of important info.I turned off gps routes and turned on free aim- literally this was the 1st thing i did. This for me, personally- is the only way. Same with SR games, does Sleepy Dogs have gps routes too? they will also be switched off when i begin.

Does anyone else have problems with memorizing the city layout (knowing your way around and where you are without the map) in GTAV? I've been playing the game for 4-5 months and I still have problems pinpointing my exact location in Los Santos without referring to the map. That's unusually long compared to previous GTA titles, like GTA IV and GTA:SA. I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's due to a lot of factors like blandness, 3D GPS Style minimap and waypoints etc.

i personnaly don't have this issue .
GTA5 city has plenty of landmarks so i'm fine i learned the city quite easily.

My only problem was the location of the hospital....

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Looks like I've been hit by a nasty bug. I'm going back through the missions for Gold medals, have spent ~20 hours so far, got up to the merryweather heist. One of the conditions is to get 80% accuracy but whenever I complete the mission the box for accuracy is not checked and it reads as 0% in the Game>Missions menu, even after I've scored 94% accuracy.

Anyone have any experience with this bug? Very annoying to put so much time into a game to find that 100% completion is impossible like that.

Grinchy

Banned
I played some more of this today for the first time in months. I'm still pretty amazed by the intricacies of the game world. You can just fly/drive around and see so many things you never noticed before.

SJRB

Gold Member
I re-discovered Radio Mirror Park, never knew this station was so good. I've been listening to it all day, awesome stuff.

Also, the new Grotti Turismo they added is totally insane.

I played some more of this today for the first time in months. I'm still pretty amazed by the intricacies of the game world. You can just fly/drive around and see so many things you never noticed before.

Driving around just looking around is literally all I ever do. There's just so much happening everywhere, it's crazy.

Yep. Dying for new playable content (not just cars + weapons, although, that's nice that they included that). Really want some SP story-like content.

It's something that I'll pack up the X1 to play.

Stackboy

Are there any side missions for any of the characters that I should try to complete, before I start the final mission? Or are they all still available after I have completed the main storyline?

SJRB

Gold Member
Are there any side missions for any of the characters that I should try to complete, before I start the final mission? Or are they all still available after I have completed the main storyline?

I'm afraid that even answering this question is a spoiler, sir. Just make sure you make an extra save file before you go do the final mission.

Omni

I can't have fun in this game any more.

I'm level 30 which isn't "low", per se, but I'm still getting hammered by jackasses in tanks constantly with no way to counter. And passive mode or whatever does shit all when they can just run you over. And what the hell is the deal with being forced to pay for your own car when someone else shoots it with a tank? I spent close to 50k over the last two days alone because of it.

I think I'm about done with the game for good.

Fired this up for a second playthrough last night,amazing game.still wish it had more interiors,but I guess there's only so much you can do on 8 year old hardware.

gta 6 is going to be unbelievable on ps4/xbox one.how long do you guys think it will be till we see the next installment ?

Fjordson

gta 6 is going to be unbelievable on ps4/xbox one.how long do you guys think it will be till we see the next installment ?
Was talking with my wife about this the other day after she finished V. I think it'll be quite a while. 2018 or something. Though maybe if the new consoles are easier to develop for it won't take them quite as long. Haven't really looked into that, but it does seem that devs find the PS4 much easier to develop for than the PS3.

I think we'll get another Red Dead and a few other projects before we get another GTA. At the very least I'd imagine R* wants the install base to build up for the new consoles in order to hit the massive sales that help justify their budgets and creative independence from Take 2.

Fjordson

Yeah, just like how San Andreas was amazeballs and then we got IV.
I think that was a different situation than what we have now, though.

I'm paraphrasing here, but R* has said before in interviews that one of the reasons for IV's smaller scope was that it was their first major HD project. It was also their first open-world game to use Euphoria and the Rage engine and it was the first time they focused on matching a GTA city with its real life counterpart. Not exactly obviously, but much more true to life than the PS2 cities. So they were okay with Liberty City on its own carrying the game.

Now that they've done something as big as V on HD consoles I don't think they'd go back to the condensed, single city layout. Or even the more serious tone of GTA IV.

Though to be honest, I like IV a lot more than San Andreas anyway, so I'm fine either way :p

kiyomi

I did exactly this. Just drove around and noticed one or two buildings I'd swear I've never seen before, and a couple of different locations (I found some kind of fountain area up in Vinewood that I'd never been to before.). Also, the additions of the new cars/trucks in the environment, some of the new NPC models with different pieces of clothing from the MP, made it feel all fresh.

It all just reminded me that Rockstar are absolute masters of creating a game world. I really can't wait for the PC version. Holy mother.

So I'm about to get this game back from a friend who borrowed it. I haven't played it since maybe October so what are some fixes/things that have been added that I should be aware of? I tried going trough some patch notes but that only gave some general ideas and some just concern online which I don't play.

Have disappearing cars been fixed so that I can safely mod a nice car and not have it vanish on me? Are there any new things to check out? I read about some new cars and clothes/haircuts but are these for online or offline?

Raptomex

So I'm about to get this game back from a friend who borrowed it. I haven't played it since maybe October so what are some fixes/things that have been added that I should be aware of? I tried going trough some patch notes but that only gave some general ideas and some just concern online which I don't play.

Have disappearing cars been fixed so that I can safely mod a nice car and not have it vanish on me? Are there any new things to check out? I read about some new cars and clothes/haircuts but are these for online or offline?
I haven't played much of Online since it's released but I believe that was fixed by the third or fourth patch. Other than that not sure. Several free DLCs so far. They apply to single and multiplayer. New weapons, clothes, fixes, etc.

Sorry for the double post but I have a question.

How long does it take for a stock to bounce back? I invested all my money with all characters in the Max Renda stock which was supposedly at its lowest point ever. Since then it fluctuates between -10 to -13% meaning I lost about 10 million dollars on each character so far. I made a save before I invested so I don't lose all my money but what's the point of investing if a stock never goes up. All these things about destroying rivals cars and stuff seems unproven as well.

Rembrandt

Banned
Sorry for the double post but I have a question.

How long does it take for a stock to bounce back? I invested all my money with all characters in the Max Renda stock which was supposedly at its lowest point ever. Since then it fluctuates between -10 to -13% meaning I lost about 10 million dollars on each character so far. I made a save before I invested so I don't lose all my money but what's the point of investing if a stock never goes up. All these things about destroying rivals cars and stuff seems unproven as well.

I'm sure there are tutorials on the internet for the stock market and I also recall some manipulation on reddit around launch. iirc, it's pretty broken and none of what Rockstar promised is really in concerning it (like destroying a company's cars to raise stock in a rival company). The assassination missions help.

Raptomex

I'm sure there are tutorials on the internet for the stock market and I also recall some manipulation on reddit around launch. iirc, it's pretty broken and none of what Rockstar promised is really in concerning it (like destroying a company's cars to raise stock in a rival company). The assassination missions help.
Thats the problem I have I didn't use any guides and I got the game at launch. The market was broken at launch so I couldn't invest in the stocks. Little did I know that was a way to make big money. Shame we can't farm missions for money.

The tutorials basically says that you should destroy the competitions vans and so on, which I don't think is proven to work. I have one Lester mission left which I will also do soon. Luckily my stock is turning around I think so hopefully I will get a fairly huge payout soon.

It's all in GTA Online :(

They've go to be doing some single-player DLC at some point.

I think one of the issues that plagued the GTA IV DLC though was that it came out so far after release (from a sales perspective that is). Looks like that'll happen again, although maybe Next Gen ports give them a boost in that regard.

Raptomex

They've go to be doing some single-player DLC at some point.

I think one of the issues that plagued the GTA IV DLC though was that it came out so far after release (from a sales perspective that is). Looks like that'll happen again, although maybe Next Gen ports give them a boost in that regard.
They are creating single player DLC. Story mode DLC as they call it. Rockstar confirmed it will be coming out some time this year.

They are creating single player DLC. Story mode DLC as they call it. Rockstar confirmed it will be coming out some time this year.

Good to know that it's confirmed. Assuming the Next Gen listings/rumors are true, I'll probably double dip, replay the game and get the DLC's on next gen.

Raptomex

Good to know that it's confirmed. Assuming the Next Gen listings/rumors are true, I'll probably double dip, replay the game and get the DLC's on next gen.
Same. I'm really hoping for action based side missions. I know I sound like a broken record but I'll say it again. There's no reason single player can't have a heist side mission that you can do whenever.

- Choose from a list of places to rob.
- Choose your crew
- Maybe some prep
- Perform the heist

There's so much potential.

Man, really want the PC version as soon as possible. Wanted to jump back into the game to mess around and it took THREE minutes to load in. Crazy.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, really want the PC version as soon as possible. Wanted to jump back into the game to mess around and it took THREE minutes to load in. Crazy.

But the music is soooooo sweet though, it's literally the only loading screen ever to not bother me in the slightest.

Top Bottom