• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

GTA V is GOTY, much better than The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite and all the other good games released this year so far. The first day I got the game I played it for 12 hours straight. It has been a long time since I did a gaming session for over six hours.

Considering caving into the hype and picking this up. I LOVE Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 3 and 4. I didn't finish GTAIV got bored among other complaints would GAF say this is more of the same or refined.

Riggs

Banned
Guys I spent like 100 grand pimping this car, if I take it out to do missions will it be there when I get back?? I know if you take it out of the garage and destroy it, it does not come back.

Beaulieu

Considering caving into the hype and picking this up. I LOVE Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 3 and 4. I didn't finish GTAIV got bored among other complaints would GAF say this is more of the same or refined.

imho its better but i relate to LA more than NYC so that might be why

hhhmmmm bawsaq seems to be down... wtf how am I suppose to game the market with nefarious deeds when I can't even buy the stock I need to make the big bucks!

Rockstar has improved on every thing from GTA IV. This game is great if you like the genre of open world mission-based games. It's been years since I have had a game where I had to force myself to put it down and get some sleep. I am addicted.

ezekial45

Banned
This game is fucking awesome. I've done a couple of Trevor's
Rampage
missions, and they really brought back some the days of GTA III. I love it.

So tell me, has anyone encountered some weird shit outside of missions? That's one thing I always look forward to when playing these games.

I can't access any in game items that was opened though Stalking pages at LifeInvader (hair styles, garages, tattoos, etc.). Is that because I don't have Xbox Live Gold?

I love "Bonking" the hell out of pedestrians and/or their cars. I don't think I've ever laughed this much at an "attack" before. I was literally crying from laughing so much.

anddo0

Holy crap! Helping random people really pays off.
I stopped someone from stealing Gray Nicholson's bike (random ped). Anyway, I get an email from him saying thanks, and the dude gives me 100K in stock options with his company.
Wow this game

Hystzen

I've made a huge mistake. Bought the game on PSN since it said that the game only takes up 17.2 GB (and before I bought it it said it could take up to 18.1 to actually install it). But I guess it really meant to say that it would need 18.1 + 17.2 to install it because now I just can't start the download (I have a 40GB PS3 and there's 31GB available).

Just to make it worse I had first thought to wait for the inevitable PC port. But the hype got to me and now I'm sitting here with a more expensive game, worse graphics than the PC version undoubtedly will have , lower frame rate and to top it off I can't even start it. :/

Oh and to even try and find someway to contact Sony support was really frustrating. In the end I found a phone number through the forums that I can call that also costs 1$ per minute. According to the PS forums the don't really answer emails.

you need 36gb free

dreamfall

OT DOS!

Such a brilliant job Buckethead, seriously.

I'm still wandering about- just met Trevor.

[character spoiler] Regarding his introduction,
it made me really angry! How could they reduce Klebitz the badass to a punk who gets stomped out like that! HOW?! All the brothers we defended in Liberty gunned down in pure psychopathic rage! I was actually pretty infuriated. I spent a lot of time protecting what was left of that gang!

Anyone else getting a start error (80010514) on the disc version of the game on PS3? Tried googling but couldn't find a reliable solution, I pretty much only have the problem with this game.

Hystzen

OT DOS!

Such a brilliant job Buckethead, seriously.

I'm still wandering about- just met Trevor.

[character spoiler] Regarding his introduction,
it made me really angry! How could they reduce Klebitz the badass to a punk who gets stomped out like that! HOW?! All the brothers we defended in Liberty gunned down in pure psychopathic rage! I was actually pretty infuriated. I spent a lot of time protecting what was left of that gang!

Its talked about later in a conversation with Ron and kind of explained

Guys I spent like 100 grand pimping this car, if I take it out to do missions will it be there when I get back?? I know if you take it out of the garage and destroy it, it does not come back.

don't do it. you are often forced to use a certain car during missions... in that scenario, you will loose you pimp'mobile

careksims

Trevor is something else... this game continues to impress me. Just loving it all! Now if the Social Club could just work... I want to take tons of pics D:

Walked into Bob Mullet, random robery, chase after the guys in car, kill them. But I did not get anything for it. Do you get anything usually?

dreamfall

Its talked about later in a conversation with Ron and kind of explained

Ah, well then.

I'm taking it so slowly, trying to savor it all / just getting lost on the beach!

Looking forward to some illumination on those events that transpired! Fuck, I'm still angry!

I haven't played a GTA game this generation; the last one I've played was San Andreas and Chinatown Wars.

1.) Has the control scheme changed much?

2.) Now that I'm in a relationship, I'd like to know if this game is casual-friendly. My GF is a video game neophyte, who'd appreciate a game like this, but not if the control scheme is overcomplicated for someone more accustomed to 2D platformers like Super Mario World.

Riggs

Banned
don't do it. you are often forced to use a certain car during missions... in that scenario, you will loose you pimp'mobile

Fuck man, that really sucks. I love this game and I know its more real this way, but your car should auto port back to the garage if you don't destroy it imo.

Hystzen

Ah, well then.

I'm taking it so slowly, trying to savor it all / just getting lost on the beach!

Looking forward to some illumination on those events that transpired! Fuck, I'm still angry!

It kind of a off hand comment but when you start a mission where Trevor says he needs go to ammunation it will happen.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Are you the same person who posted this question earlier (2 or 3 hours ago)?... because I laughed then as well.

Sort of, except I didn't ask a question earlier. Just stated I died because I could deploy it in time since I didn't know what button to press.

Also what's so funny about it? It's not exactly obvious. You're only going to find out by yourself through trial and error. It could have been absolutely any button on the controller, and with the jumps I did I didn't exactly have time to try every single button. First insticts were circle since that was it in San Andreas. By the time I realised it wasn't circle I died before I could press any other button. For my second jump I assumed it might have been the shoot button since the parachute is part of the weapon wheel. Then when that didn't work I tried triangle. I died before I could try anything else. It's not a silly question. It could have been anything. As it turns out it's X. This information should serve me well next time.

Hoo-doo

Banned
So many n-bombs in this game.

The best one is when Lamar "sings" it at the beginning of the game.

Lamar is fucking awesome.

I just took him to the strip club with Franklin and got shitfaced afterwards. The shit they say when drunk is just amazing.

Certinty

Played 10 hours and haven't seen a single police car roaming the streets. Only seen them when being chased or they're chasing others. Anyone else?

Fuck man, that really sucks. I love this game and I know its more real this way, but your car should auto port back to the garage if you don't destroy it imo.
Totally agree. That will happen with the characters main vehicles
(Franklin: White Challenger, Micheal: Blue Audi A6 looking car, Trevor: Rusty Truck)
but i believe all other vehicles can be lost... though sometimes they will turn up at the Vehicle Impound.. but not always.

I've lost a few cars....

cormack12

Gold Member
Anyone else getting a start error (80010514) on the disc version of the game on PS3? Tried googling but couldn't find a reliable solution, I pretty much only have the problem with this game.

If you've tried deleting and reinstalling the game data I'd try this:

http://community.us.playstation.com...-amp-Database-Helps-to-Maintain/td-p/37322987

Also what's so funny about it? It's not exactly obvious. You're only going to find out by yourself through trial and error. It could have been absolutely any button on the controller, and with the jumps I did I didn't exactly have time to try every single button. First insticts were circle since that was it in San Andreas. By the time I realised it wasn't circle I died before I could press any other button. For my second jump I assumed it might have been the shoot button since the parachute is part of the weapon wheel. Then when that didn't work I tried triangle. I died before I could try anything else. It's not a silly question. It could have been anything. As it turns out it's X. This information should serve me well next time.

I don't think he taking the *** to be fair. It's just one of those amusing things that happens. It is funny to see your corpse sliding down the mountain on its face. That description above had me creased up in fits and I did exactly the same...

Riggs

Banned
Totally agree. That will happen with the characters main vehicles
(Franklin: White Challenger, Micheal: Blue Audi A6 looking car, Trevor: Rusty Truck)
but i believe all other vehicles can be lost... though sometimes they will turn up at the Vehicle Impound.. but not always.

I've lost a few cars....

Do you know where the impound is? I forget and its not marked :(

nvm got it

Derrick01

Banned
Accidentally picking 3 sets in a tennis match against Michael's wife was a mistake. It's easy as hell but it's going to take half an hour or longer to win 3 sets :(

cdkee

Banned
Played 10 hours and haven't seen a single police car roaming the streets. Only seen them when being chased or they're chasing others. Anyone else?

No, I see them here and there. I like it this way. Cops aren't everywhere, all the time like IRL. In previous games seeing them on every single road got annoying.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The health bar in this game is super low. Dying is so much quicker in this game than any other game in the series by far. Just the smallest shootout can result in a death if you're not careful. It's most likely like this to balance out the fact you can regenerate half your life bar.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The only thing i'm slightly disappointed with is Chop.
I mean, he really doesn't do much, his AI isn't clever enough to stick around, and taking him for a walk nets me nothing, throwing the ball around.
I'm not interested in playing that iOS minigame any further either.

I thought Chop was going to be a big part of this game. Like a four-legged gang member.
But now he just shits on the floor at my crib and does nothing.

Edit: maybe it gets better as the game progresses? I don't know.

It just rained for the first time. Wow. Wow. And more WoW.

Amazing detail as it rains. Women's hair gets wet and looks clumped up. The card gleam. The water starts puddling up in alleys and the rain drops splash up from the puddles. Just jaw dropping level of small details. Then the clouds slowly dissipate and the sun started coming through but it was still drizzling a bit.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The thought of someone frantically pressing buttons in an effort to deploy the chute only to end up splatting on the ground.

I don't have the parachute yet, nor do i know how to deploy it.

Oh ok lol. It was actually funny to me at the time. The first time anyway. I thought you were saying it was funny in a calling me stupid way. My mistake.

Top Bottom