• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

The only thing i'm slightly disappointed with is Chop.
I mean, he really doesn't do much, his AI isn't clever enough to stick around, and taking him for a walk nets me nothing, throwing the ball around.
I'm not interested in playing that iOS minigame any further either.

I thought Chop was going to be a big part of this game. Like a four-legged gang member.
But now he just shits on the floor at my crib and does nothing.

Edit: maybe it gets better as the game progresses? I don't know.
yea.. my experiences with the dog make me want to blast him. he's an annoying NPC as far as i am concerned.

So many n-bombs in this game.

The best one is when Lamar "sings" it at the beginning of the game.

That was gold. Makes me wish I could play as Lamar instead of Franklin.

I mean, he really doesn't do much, his AI isn't clever enough to stick around, and taking him for a walk nets me nothing, throwing the ball around.

I thought Chop was going to be a big part of this game. Like a four-legged gang member.

I tried to play fetch with Chop but all I do is drop the ball at my feet instead of throwing it. Sometimes the ball just disappears and I have no way of getting it back. None of the commands for Chop seem to work correctly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Riggs

Banned
sorry, at work and wasn't really paying attention to it's location last night... though i only think the car will be there if you get a txt saying your vehicle has been recovered.

where is it?

Rancho McDonald st, NE of very bottom haircut place

AkuMifune

Banned

iuFcqVGLs4RLL.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
I love it when Modjo comes on the radio. One of my favourte tunes of recent times and it was a lovely surprise to hear it the first time. Good job Rockstar.

Is the special edition worth it guys?

Depends how much $20 is to you and your budget. I went for it because the blueprint I'll probably have framed and put in a game room one day because this game is culmination of a lot of my favorite games.

The steelbook is amazing, looks badass.

20% and some weapons for free is pretty awesome for the beginning of the game as well as 25% faster recharge on special is nice (I use the driving one a lot because it just looks cool).

I'm not a purist, I play games on easy so the bonus weapons and recharge are a plus to me, but depending on your gaming style you may or may not appreciate them.

Blimp comes with everything I think.

Plus there are outfits, haircuts, and such ... but I haven't really checked them out.

And stunt plane trials/missions. But I haven't really done any of that stuff.

BFIB

Yesterday was story building time. Played around 9 hours, and got past the first
heist
. All 3 characters are unlocked. Today is just driving around, getting a feel for as many cars as I can. Spent some time at the gun range with Franklin, and will be hitting up the flight lessons with Trevor.

There is so much to do in this game, I don't know if I can ever go back to GTA IV. Did anyone catch this from Lester (not really a spoiler, but don't want to spoil for those who want to be surprised)
When Michael is doing the initial planning and asks about the crew, Lester mentions a guy "with an accent in Liberty City, but he has gone dark"
. Really cool.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have to agree with the people disappointed in Chop. Getting him to attack people or play fetch is fun for a short while but it's really disappointing how little you can do with chop. You can't even pet him, let alone do tricks with him or anything.

I haven't figured out how to switch shoulders while aiming. How do you do that?

I have to agree with the people disappointed in Chop. Getting him to attack people or play fetch is fun for a short while but it's really disappointing how little you can do with chop. You can't even pet him, let alone do tricks with him or anything.

You can teach him (download) tricks.

jrcbandit

Anyone find Anthony Cumia's character yet from Opie and Anthony? I think he is supposed to be in the desert or nearby area.

Any definitive word on how garage storage and the Impound lot works? I custom modded a Ferrari and it showed up at my safehouse and missions for awhile as well as the impound. However, now it has totally disappeared to never be seen again.

I think one reason it stayed fine for awhile was due to the plot development for Michael
his son takes his default car
, but now my custom car is gone. I bought a new $300k car and fully mod it and it is in a nearby storage garage unit. Scared to drive it and lose it ;p. Cars you purchase at the very least should become permanent unless it blows up, maybe it will get patched.

Oh yeah, Michael's son has horrible taste
in rims lol

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
Quick question I haven't been able to find the answer to, on the radial wheel it has the members you can switch to and the number of available jobs they have. For Franklin it always says 1 even though I don't see any more missions on the map. What's up with that? It's still early, I just
unlocked Trevor.

cormack12

Gold Member
:)
Have you figured it out? I'd like to avoid jumping to my death when the time comes.

Not yet, will try tomorrow. My story is slightly harsher for the trial and error.

I took a pickup up the beaten track of the mountain. It was going OK until the thunderstorm started......The pickup could only get up so far so I bailed and ran up a little incline. A cougar savagely ate me in two bites....

So, a respawn later, and I got some like little Fiat type car but the sun was out. Did exactly the same. This time I bailed and thought I'd run the last hundred metres. Car slid down the mountain and I killed a couple of cougars. Start running and then heart sinks as I see the trail bends round a corner then goes up.

Six miles later Michael is holding his heart after sprinting all the way up this mountain. He gracefully puts on his parachute and then leaps into the air, soaring like a majestic bird. I calmy hit O, then square, then panicked. The noise of the faceplant onto the rocks was exquisite. I haven't been back yet :)

Dave_6

I was flying the blimp last night when a lightning bolt struck right beside me out of nowhere. Scared the shit out of me :O

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Random tips:

X in a car changes weapon for drivebys. Going unarmed and hitting LB lets you flip people off.

Hitting back on foot changes the third person camera, 3 options. One is really close.

Right on the dpad lets you say stuff to civilians.

Billen

Banned
Listened to the rebel channel for the first time, and realized that Jesco White was doing the talking.

Holy fucking shit. :D

Is the radio station volume screwed up for anyone else using the Pulse headset? Audio for everything else is great but I can barely ever hear the song that's playing.

Not yet, will try tomorrow. My story is slightly harsher for the trial and error.

I took a pickup up the beaten track of the mountain. It was going OK until the thunderstorm started......The pickup could only get up so far so I bailed and ran up a little incline. A cougar savagely ate me in two bites....

So, a respawn later, and I got some like little Fiat type car but the sun was out. Did exactly the same. This time I bailed and thought I'd run the last hundred metres. Car slid down the mountain and I killed a couple of cougars. Start running and then heart sinks as I see the trail bends round a corner then goes up.

Six miles later Michael is holding his heart after sprinting all the way up this mountain. He gracefully puts on his parachute and then leaps into the air, soaring like a majestic bird. I calmy hit O, then square, then panicked. The noise of the faceplant onto the rocks was exquisite. I haven't been back yet :)
franco-so-good.gif

Anyone know where a badass crotch rocket is parked? I want to tackle the mountain with an unwieldy amount of power.

Quick questions, I've been on media lockdown to avoid spoilers and media gushing.

Is the gunplay and driving good? I loved the world of GTAIV and have no doubt Rockstar nailed it again. But I hated the controls and the actual gameplay of the thing.

Is there auto aim or "magnet aim"? I hate those systems because they usually cover up a deficiency in the controls. Is there a free aim option and how does it feel?

Is there a single button for grenades or do they have to be manually selected, then thrown?

Is there a cover system? If so, on a scale of GTAIV (jank city) to Gears of War (best in class), how does it fare?

On a scale of GTAIV (sluggish junk barge) to Sleeping Dogs (zippy arcade feel), how is the driving? Are the motorcycles actually drivable this time?

Riggs

Banned
Just did a mission to test, turned off auto save. Just lost my 400 grand car ... gg. Not at impound, safehouse or garage. What's the point of customizing cars if they are so easily lost? I didn't destroy it, just from doing a mission where I had to use a diff vehicle. RS fucked up on this , other wise I love this game.

duckroll

When you'll unlock Hunting missions? I recently unlocked Flight School

Did you already do the Strangers and Freaks mission for Trevor which introduced the idea? If you did, you'll get a text message some time later making the activity available, just like bounty hunting.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I won't lie. I fucking love the magnet aim.

I'm not looking to fiddle around or prove my leetness with the rifle. I just want to body fools.
With the amount of dudes they throw at you in this game, i'd go crazy without it.

cdkee

Banned
Quick questions, I've been on media lockdown to avoid spoilers and media gushing.

Is the gunplay and driving good? I loved the world of GTAIV and have no doubt Rockstar nailed it again. But I hated the controls and the actual gameplay of the thing.

Is there auto aim or "magnet aim"? I hate those systems because they usually cover up a deficiency in the controls. Is there a free aim option and how does it feel?

Is there a single button for grenades or do they have to be manually selected, then thrown?

Is there a cover system? If so, on a scale of GTAIV (jank city) to Gears of War (best in class), how does it fare?

On a scale of GTAIV (sluggish junk barge) to Sleeping Dogs (zippy arcade feel), how is the driving? Are the motorcycles actually drivable this time?

Gunplay is better than 4. There is auto aim but you can turn it off. I played for 6 hours yesterday and it felt great.

Cover I would say not as good as GoW but a lot better than GTA4.

As for driving, again I'd place it firmly between GTAIV and Sleeping Dogs. Motorcycles I preferred in 4.

There's a lot of personal preference but overall the mechanics are a huge improvement over GTA4.

Grisby

Went with the soft aim option. Quick scoping enemies but at least it's saving me some frustration.

Plane controls are disappointing.

Added a beard to Trevor and now his looks match his personality.

mcfrank

Yesterday was story building time. Played around 9 hours, and got past the first
heist
. All 3 characters are unlocked. Today is just driving around, getting a feel for as many cars as I can. Spent some time at the gun range with Franklin, and will be hitting up the flight lessons with Trevor.

There is so much to do in this game, I don't know if I can ever go back to GTA IV. Did anyone catch this from Lester (not really a spoiler, but don't want to spoil for those who want to be surprised)
When Michael is doing the initial planning and asks about the crew, Lester mentions a guy "with an accent in Liberty City, but he has gone dark"
. Really cool.

Dont do the flight lessons with Treavor, save them for later or do them with Michael. You will see why in a bit.

Why doesnt it tell me on the map which people can buy which properties. It's so annoying driving there only to find out someone else has to buy it :/

Top Bottom