• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

No, explain?

Also, been attacking the postop depot and its definitely affecting stock offline

It happened after I finished the first Cletus mission
hunting elk
. The hunting icon appear and I made my over to the location. As I'm making my way over there, multiple red dots appeared on the map en route. I drove up to the location only to find
SUVs and a few dead bodies along with a few other people still alive and injured. There were weapons laying around too. I killed the people that were still breathing and made my to another person still alive below the firefight spot. There was a green dot as well. I approach and the person still breathing tells me not to take the money. I pop him and take the briefcase full of money ($25000) and make my way to the hunting trailer. As soon as I get there, two guys on motorbikes and SMGs shoot me down (didn't really have much to react since it happened so fast) and kill me.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I just started to trick out my Corvette, and I really feel like it's MY vehicle. I hope they have more than one type of street race.

cdkee

Banned
Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing many races. You can't use Franklin's ability enough for it to matter when winning requires complete perfection, you can get screwed by oncoming traffic or random spin-outs, and you have to waste your precious time if it becomes impossible to win since you CAN'T RESTART MISSIONS IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM. Seriously, Rockstar, why? WHY?

I don't get this. Races are soooo easy for me. You only need to use his special for 1 sec before you're in a sticky spot. I don't think I've ever fully used his special meter in the entire time I've spent playing.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing many races. You can't use Franklin's ability enough for it to matter when winning requires complete perfection, you can get screwed by oncoming traffic or random spin-outs, and you have to waste your precious time if it becomes impossible to win since you CAN'T RESTART MISSIONS IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM. Seriously, Rockstar, why? WHY?

To "restart" shoot an opponent's car once and you fail. The race, the hit restart.

valeo

Worst thing about this game? The fact that you spend 3/4's of the game looking at your GPS instead of the game itself.

Just finished the main story. Still have a bunch of the side stuff left to do, mostly focused on the story - I guess this much to due with the great pacing of it all. There's never a pointless or dull mission. I'm happy there's less missions to IV because these are all great whereas only a handful in IV are worth noting.

Heists were a highlight, I'm a huge fan of movies like Heat and The Town so I absolutely loved this aspect of the game; although I do wish there were more. They were just so good, basically all of them put Three Leaf Clover in IV to shame.
I loved the aspect of assembling a crew and planning your way of approach. Finding
Packie McReary
and having
him
on my team just heightened that, along with the
references of Niko, Liberty City and Three Leaf Clover
, so good.
I REALLY hope they continue in this heist direction. Really, really hope so.

One of the best things about this game is I've put in a good chunk of time, enjoyed the story massively, been completely enamored by the world and the seemingly endless exploration, constantly entertained by the characters and thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay throughout - and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface. I still have the ocean to explore, parts of the wilderness and mountains are totally unknown by me, I still have multitudes of side missions to complete, random encounters to see, cars to buy, properties to manage, just so much incredible stuff to see, do interact with and be entertained by.

I could go on forever about what I loved about this game, but it's late and I'm tired and the game definitely speaks for itself.

Game of the Year for sure. Very possibly, Game of the generation.

Also, spoilers for the ending:
Option C all the way.

Megasoum

Banned
So who else is using the Pulse Elite headphones? Do you get good surround? Also, any easy way to create the pulses?

So far the only time I had a pulse was during the rockstar logo on boot lol.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Man I really wish this Hawk and Little stock would increase at all. I've got a million a piece in there for Trevor and Franklin and over 2.5 million with Michael.

Anyone else trying to make the characters' beard and hair match their current point in the story? I kept Michael clean shaven till Trevor came back in the picture when I gave him some stubble. Now I'm at the part where (earlyish story spoiler)
Amanda takes the kids and leaves him
so I think its a good moment to give him the long hair slicked back hair cut to make him look a bit more depressed and uncaring about his appearance.

Meanwhile, I had Franklin sporting stubble till he moved up in the world now I've got him rocking nice clothes and his clean shaven cause I want him to subconsciously imitate Michael.

Meanwhile, I'll keep Trevor as is, but I wanna get him a black suit with a vest and dress him up like Boyd Crowder in Justified.

boyd1.jpg

The original score is so good. A lot of really good ambient and chase music. I don't understand why it's mixed so low, though.

Is there ambient music playing when I'm just free roaming around the map between missions? Cause I don't hear a thing outside the missions and radio, which is a shame as I love the soundtrack.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Man I really wish this Hawk and Little stock would increase at all. I've got a million a piece in there for Trevor and Franklin and over 2.5 million with Michael.

Same here. No idea what affects the stock, seems random & disappointing.

Cool non-spoiler thing that happened: I was at the shooting range with Franklin, then when I left the building I switched to Michael because I wanted to bring him to the shooting range to level up his stats.

Drove to the range with Michael, and as I walked up Franklin was standing there where I left him! He was like 'Hey Michael! Wassup? Let's grab a drink!'. I agreed, and then stole a car. We got in, and I decided to change the radio station before we left. The car owner ran up and pulled me outta the car. Immediately Franklin jumped out of the car and sprayed the dude with his gat. Then we got back into the car, drove to the bar and got drunk. Outside of the bar afterwards the two characters had a cool conversation that relates to the story.

Very cool.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Same here. No idea what affects the stock, seems random & disappointing.

Yeah, the stock market could definitely use some work. It just doesn't seem to work outside of tips from missions or strangers and almost 60% of the game complete I've only had like 6 of those and squandered the first 3.

Cool non-spoiler thing that happened: I was at the shooting range with Franklin, then when I left the building I switched to Michael because I wanted to bring him to the shooting range to level up his stats.

Drove to the range with Michael, and as I walked up Franklin was standing there where I left him! He was like 'Hey Michael! Wassup? Let's grab a drink!'. I agreed, and then stole a car. We got in, and I decided to change the radio station before we left. The car owner ran up and pulled me outta the car. Immediately Franklin jumped out of the car and sprayed the dude with his gat. Then we got back into the car, drove to the bar and got drunk. Outside of the bar afterwards the two characters had a cool conversation that relates to the story.

Very cool.

I want to be able to do this.

Gorillaz

Finally opened up all 3 people to be used interchangeably. Thank god for the first heist because my boys are living paid right now. Getting into the swing of things and starting to west coast customs the fuck out of my cars/bikes now.

I can't even imagine how the online will be pulling bank heist saving and building up cars for races.

Another strange thing that happened to me earlier:

Was nearing completion of the mission involving
the actor I helped kidnap for the old stalkers. I decided to take him to the train tracks so he could die. I reach the corner where I need to turn so I drop the car off when I pass three bikers. I guess they took offense to me passing them by so quickly cause as soon as I on the bridge they start shooting at me. I placed the car on the tracks, got out of the car, equipped an assault rifle and took them out. That's it, right? Wrong! Train comes, destroys the car and the motorcycles that were near the car. I could see myself flying in the air since I was close to the explosion which looked awesome in slo-mo. I get up, and notice this fat fuck who was driving a tractor trailer or something running towards me as I place the call to Nigel. I couldn't listen to the rest of the convo cause the fat asshole clocked me and pulled out a pistol and started shooting me. Got up, pulled out my gun, killed him and decided to blow up his ride with a grenade. Then I ran into the area with the giant windmills so I could evade the police
. Sheesh, the nerve of some people.

Lashley

Yeah, the stock market could definitely use some work. It just doesn't seem to work outside of tips from missions or strangers and almost 60% of the game complete I've only had like 6 of those and squandered the first 3.

I squandered em all, finished game so I'm a bit snookered.

Lashley

Another strange thing that happened to me earlier:

Was nearing completion of the mission involving
the actor I helped kidnap for the old stalkers. I decided to take him to the train tracks so he could die. I reach the corner where I need to turn so I drop the car off when I pass three bikers. I guess they took offense to me passing them by so quickly cause as soon as I on the bridge they start shooting at me. I placed the car on the tracks, got out of the car, equipped an assault rifle and took them out. That's it, right? Wrong! Train comes, destroys the car and the motorcycles that were near the car. I could see myself flying in the air since I was close to the explosion which looked awesome in slo-mo. I get up, and notice this fat fuck who was driving a tractor trailer or something running towards me as I place the call to Nigel. I couldn't listen to the rest of the convo cause the fat asshole clocked me and pulled out a pistol and started shooting me. Got up, pulled out my gun, killed him and decided to blow up his ride with a grenade. Then I ran into the area with the giant windmills so I could evade the police
. Sheesh, the nerve of some people.
The lost attack trevor on sight.

Ahasverus

Do the vehicles requsted by
The Epsilom Project people
actually exist? Never seen any of them, as any of the characters
Can you elaborate? I have the official guide so I have a complete walkthrough but I can't find a mention about a vehicle, except for the red truck.

Edit: It's dangerous to go alone, take this:

Some of the vehicles wanted by
the Epsilon Program
are available for purchase via the lnternet, but they're very expensive. For example, if you have lots of spare cash, get online with your cellphone and open the "Travel and Transport" menu. Go to the Southern San Andreas Super Autos website to buy ihe Enus Super Diamond for $250,000, the Pegassi Vacca for $240,000, and the enefactor Surano for $99,000. Purchased cars are shipped directly to Michael's garage.

When Michael receives one of the vehicles wanted by the
Epsilon Program
, an onscreen message appears along with a new
Epsilon
icon on your map in the Vinewood Hills $ to mark the delivery location. Drive the vehicle to the mansion and pull into its garage. Get out and exit the garage to receive a Vehicle Delivered notification.

lf you're cash poor, you can try to find the vehicles parked or moving in traffic. Rarely found normally, the Super Diamond, Tornado, and Dinka Double-T start to spawn in the world more frequently once you receive Marnie's email listing them. You can also find a Double-T parked in one of the spaces next to the Lifeinvader offices on Boulevard Del Perro. The Surano spawns rarely in traffic, but you can find one parked in a cul-de-sac S in tfre Lake Vinewood Estates. You won't find the Vacca moving on the streets, however. Look for a Vacca parked in front of a house in the Vinewood Hills.

cdkee

Banned
So I went on a deletion binge to clear up my OG 2006 Xbox's 20gb hard drive, so I could transfer over disc 2 that I had on USB. Now I'm installing disc 1 on USB. Hope this works.

Is there ambient music playing when I'm just free roaming around the map between missions? Cause I don't hear a thing outside the missions and radio, which is a shame as I love the soundtrack.

Sorry, I meant the Tangerine Dream ambient/electronic style stuff, not actual ambient music within the game.

On that topic though, I'm disappointed they didn't use the music like Red Dead used it. Edgar Froese could've cooked up some amazing longform tracks to pulse and drone in the background while you're on foot or driving without a radio.

Zeliard

Anyone else trying to make the characters' beard and hair match their current point in the story? I kept Michael clean shaven till Trevor came back in the picture when I gave him some stubble. Now I'm at the part where (earlyish story spoiler)
Amanda takes the kids and leaves him
so I think its a good moment to give him the long hair slicked back hair cut to make him look a bit more depressed and uncaring about his appearance.

Meanwhile, I had Franklin sporting stubble till he moved up in the world now I've got him rocking nice clothes and his clean shaven cause I want him to subconsciously imitate Michael.

Meanwhile, I'll keep Trevor as is, but I wanna get him a black suit with a vest and dress him up like Boyd Crowder in Justified.

boyd1.jpg

I'm doing exactly this sort of thing as well, heh. Now I'm waiting for the proper story beat to give them all big beards and whatever is closest to a shaved head.

Dug

Banned
Uhhhh....

[2nd heist spoilers]
I just finished Flight School for the second heist. Nothing seems to be happening...what do I do?

So I went on a deletion binge to clear up my OG 2006 Xbox's 20gb hard drive, so I could transfer over disc 2 that I had on USB. Now I'm installing disc 1 on USB. Hope this works.

idk what order the discs are, but fyi optimal xbox performance is play disc on HDD, install on USB due to the transfer rates.

So some guys bike just got robbed so I rammed the thief with my car and then I shot him. Upon delivering the bike back, I taunted the dude a little bit by riding in circles around him. He started getting ancy so I gave him his bike back. He was super grateful and Trevor of all people said something about "Never liking bullies" as the dude rode away. Then I shot him

Ahasverus

That's why I did today, fear not, it works wonderfully :) better than having disc 1 on USB and disc 2 on tray.

What are all the places you can buy glasses from? Suburban has some really ugly ones and that's the only place I've seen. Also only have sunglasses, not glasses.

Edit: And where are those red skinny jeans! None of the shops seem to offer them :/

Dresden

Fucking Trevor, man. Snap back to him to do some missions and he's on the top of a fucking mountain in the middle of nowhere, looking like this.

QoN77ak.jpg

cdkee

Banned
That's why I did today, fear not, it works wonderfully :) better than having disc 1 on USB and disc 2 on tray.

According to Sonicxtreme above optimal is install disc on USB and play on HDD, I'm moving mine back now.

I gotta trust Sonic, he knows speed.

Ahasverus

According to Sonicxtreme above optimal is install disc on USB and play on HDD, I'm moving mine back now.

I gotta trust Sonic, he knows speed.

It probably is but my launch phat HDD dies with the install disc, for some reason (it crashed when reaching grapeseed) so I bought a USB and lnstalled the gme there, played the game that way for 5 days and today installed the second disc to the faulty HDD that apparently isn't as faulty when it's not uunder much pressure. Now the game takes like 3 seconds switching characters from side to side.

Edit: HA it's actually the better option! yay!

Top Bottom