• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I really miss object glow in this game. Money glowing green, weapons glowing another colour, the scrap notes should have a glow too, and even health pickups.

I sometimes randomly pick things up but have no idea what it is, or that I even did in the first place

Dr Prob

Banned
rM3Xiqj.jpg

Had a small mishap flying through a tunnel and decided to take my first selfie. While bumbling around with the phone a gunfight broke out in the traffic jam behind me, people just getting after it, going nuts--with Trevor in the middle of the chaos mugging for the camera.

Also, despite being near 40% through I just recently came across J.B. Smoove on Chakra Attack. He seems to have invented a sausage-shaped bird call that attracts women.

This game :D

Prologue

Pulled this from reddit. Some information on how cars are "saved". Courtesy of kepatugo.

R* is a great company and all but they tend to do things the hard way for whatever reason from time to time. They should have had a mechanism similar to Saints Row so that no one would be having any problems or be asking the same questions. I'm still not even clear after reading that reddit post.

Seems like R* has acknowledge the issue http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...ring-from-the-GTA-V-garage-or-losing-upgrades .
Hopefully they fix it and do it the right way.

Marleyman

Banned
so during random shootouts on the street. does anything happen if you help the police or the baddies?

Or do you just get stars for your trouble?

You can't help the police; they will come after you. As far as the random missions that pop up when a cop is chasing a perp, I tried to help the perp and obviously that is frowned upon by the police:)

MercuryLS

Banned
You can't help the police; they will come after you. As far as the random missions that pop up when a cop is chasing a perp, I tried to help the perp and obviously that is frowned upon by the police:)

There was a shoutout between the cops and some robbers. I helped the cops take the robbers down. They said thanks, until I stole the money for myself. They yelled "that money is evidence, you nat take it!" Before opening fire on me.

Double D

There was a shoutout between the cops and some robbers. I helped the cops take the robbers down. They said thanks, until I stole the money for myself. They yelled "that money is evidence, you nat take it!" Before opening fire on me.

Did you shoot the robbers or melee?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I recently unlocked the clothing stores. Hey new stores I can enter! Lets try and rob this one. Ok weapon wheel lets go. Come on weapon wheel. Hmm not working. Lets go outside and get my gun out and come back. Character puts gun away as soon as I enter. Ugh. Why am I allowed to rob some stores but not others? Super lame.

However something that isn't lame is the golf game recently tried out. Surprisingly good. Much better than the shitty tennis minigame. I'll be sure to come back to this.

Marleyman

Banned

They didn't point their guns on you? I started a fight with a pedestrian and then ran towards a cop, let the guy hit me and the guy resisted arrest and ran away. I took the guy down with a haymaker and the cops came after me.

Marleyman

Banned
I recently unlocked the clothing stores. Hey new stores I can enter! Lets try and rob this one. Ok weapon wheel lets go. Come on weapon wheel. Hmm not working. Lets go outside and get my gun out and come back. Character puts gun away as soon as I enter. Ugh. Why am I allowed to rob some stores but not others? Super lame.

However something that isn't lame is the golf game recently tried out. Surprisingly good. Much better than the shitty tennis minigame. I'll be sure to come back to this.

I love the golf minigame; tennis is good as well, although it is a bit easy to win.

Korosenai

Oh and I thought Trevor meeting Michael was poorly done.
Dude sees his "dead" best friend, goes on a mission to save his daughter and just leaves after that?I was expecting a little.... more.
Yea i was dissapointed by that too.
I expected more from when they first see each other too. It was just like, hey, whats up. And then that was it.

So I just completed the random side mission where a
guy’s car is broken down and he asks for a ride to the airport.
In return he gives me a
stock tip (Tinkle)
… so I immediately
bought 1.2 million shares of the stock
. Though this morning, I got to thinking about it, and
Tinkle is on the BAWSAQ exchange, so it’s impacted by actual buying and selling (not game related events).
FUCKASS, did just throw a bunch of dough into something that might not pan out 100%?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You know what I find the oddest thing in all of this?

Trevor is...
Canadian

Yeah, I find that hilarious. Rampage spoilers:

Pretty funny how the rampages end up starting from people making fun of him being Canadian. Also, the last one is hilarious killing hipsters on mopeds, haha

taylor910

Is there any way to disable the "Chop just took a big shit and wants you to feed him a porkchop" updates I'm getting through iFruit?

Figured you wouldn't mind with a user name like that.

Anyway there is a settings tab in the ifruit app and I think you can disable notifications there. Otherwise go to your notification center in your phone settings and turn them off.

MercuryLS

Banned
They didn't point their guns on you? I started a fight with a pedestrian and then ran towards a cop, let the guy hit me and the guy resisted arrest and ran away. I took the guy down with a haymaker and the cops came after me.

I think you can only get involved with no consequences when it's a robbery.

I am at a side mission where you have to take a photo with the camera on your phone, but fucking Social Club thus Snapmatic does not work and thus I can't shoot a picture. Good fucking riddance, Rockstar. :')

Yeah, WTH is up with that? I got stuck there too. :p

Weird thoght, I have not had one problem with the stock market. I made ~500k on a stock mission

FStop7

Banned
Michael + Trevor being reunited

Such great tension in the room. Jimmy nervously looking around. Michael moving Jimmy behind him in case Trevor got violent. Pretty impressive to convey body language like that in a video game.

Linius

Police ruin the game. Sniping from a roof with a silencer NOBODY sees me but 1 star wanted level.

Yeah, that bugs me too. It doesn't make sense they know where you are right away. Though I figure if you got a good hiding spot on that roof they aren't likely to find you so you won't even have to move.

AkuMifune

Banned
Driving a tanker truck through heavy traffic with waylon jennings blasting on the radio. Feels good man.

No, Hank didn't do it this way.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't have the game.

Could someone familiar with the state of the art console and PC graphics indicate whether this is the epitome of current gen console graphics?

If this isn't the absolute cutting bleeding edge of console graphics I might just skip and wait for the PC version.

I did play TLoU on PS3 and post on NeoGAF the best screenshot anywhere on the web of that game (which I feel is the console game with the best graphics ever so far) but I am wondering if it worth the effort with GTA V.

NeoGAF is the best gaming site by far and we deserve to also be recognized as the best site for high quality images of the best gaming has to offer so I am wondering if people in the know can tell me if the graphics of GTA V are the very best?

Sorry for slight rambling quality of my post I am slightly drunk.

The IQ and lack of AA is pretty jarring on my eyes at times but it is 720p and it's not possible to find a better looking and more detailed open world game on 360/ps3. The framerate is mostly 25fps when you're doing very active things but again with the detail and graphics they crammed in to the ps3 it's amazing it runs at all. The environments in Just Cause 2 looked amazing but you have to remember just how repetitive everything in that game was. All the villages looked the same, the people looked hideous, the cars were very low detail.

This isn't the case in GTA 5. It seems like every single building in the game is unique, even a place like Burger Shot which has multiple locations each one is a bit different than the other. The level of detail on the streets and buildings is off the charts. If you're an immersion junky you're not going to find a game world that sucks you in more than this.

The lighting is also some next level shit, many times it almost makes the game look like an early next gen game. Textures are hit and miss. Sometimes you'll find one in a random place that looks pretty bad but 90% of the time it's serviceable considering the age of the hardware and the size of this game.

It's a really impressive achievement on consoles.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah, that bugs me too. It doesn't make sense they know where you are right away. Though I figure if you got a good hiding spot on that roof they aren't likely to find you so you won't even have to move.

Think again. Police can climb ladders too and think to climb them even if they didn't see you go up there. I found this out the hard way.

Such great tension in the room. Jimmy nervously looking around. Michael moving Jimmy behind him in case Trevor got violent. Pretty impressive to convey body language like that in a video game.

I thought that was great but the stuff before the ensuing mission starts was a bit of a let down.

anddo0

Weird thoght, I have not had one problem with the stock market. I made ~500k on a stock mission

Well it's broken for me.

The stock market barely works. I can't take pictures. I'm beyond frustrated with this game right now. If you can't trade stock there's no point in playing this game. The Lester missions are pointless. Money is too hard to come by as it is.

In my opinion, the whole Rockstar social club thing is just as bad as Diablo's AH/Always online. I'm losing all desire to play this game. It's flaws are starting to surface and it's not pretty.

Linius

Think again. Police can climb ladders too and think to climb them even if they didn't see you go up there. I found this out the hard way.

Hmm, good to know. Well it makes sense since they could know from people around where the shots came from. But it kinda sucks that you get a star for almost every bullet you use. Even that one time I shot some bullets with Michael in his own driveway. I just ran inside the house and waited for the cops to leave. When they did I ran outside and saw two police men leaving Michael's property :p

Dat triathlon

Took me a few seconds under 28 minutes

Damn, had no idea it would take so long to do. Is it just button smashing all the time?

Kiraly

I just logged off PSN, camera works then.

half of my stock missions went to waste because fucking Bawsaq hasn't worked a single time yet I've been playing this game.

Does anyone know how to reach the top of the Mazar (?) tower?

Yeah, the acting is simply superb in this game.

Top Bottom