• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Wow a server crash took out about 20 minutes worth of activity including a world boss kill... if there was ever anything that kills my desire to play an MMO, it's instability and unreliability. Very frustrating to say the least.

Wow a server crash took out about 20 minutes worth of activity including a world boss kill... if there was ever anything that kills my desire to play an MMO, it's instability and unreliability. Very frustrating to say the least.

Understandable. Good thing you're playing the most reliable and stable MMO on the market, then. And I'm not joking.

Lomax

Understandable. Good thing you're playing the most reliable and stable MMO on the market, then. And I'm not joking.

Well, this is the first incident I've had, so you may be right. The bad thing was much less the crash and more the rollback. It's always a rude shock to have drops disappear and quest progress gone, especially something that takes a while to do that can't be immediately redone.

Ready Up should be interesting. I suspect Josh Foreman will preview the LA 2.0.

With how many weird bugs/unintended changes have come with this update it almost feels like the update was sabotaged, maybe by disgruntled employee.

hythloday

Ready Up should be interesting. I suspect Josh Foreman will preview the LA 2.0.

With how many weird bugs/unintended changes have come with this update it almost feels like the update was sabotaged, maybe by disgruntled employee.

I thought Ready Up was a combat/PvP oriented show. Would they do something like a LA preview on that?

I'm pretty excited about the new LA. Yesterday's update took me by surprise. I like how people go to the cultural cities more often now, but LA in its prime was a beautiful zone. The new one will be even beautiful-er!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
New LA should be a PvP map.

Actually, old LA should be a PVP map with a random drill in the sky destroying it as players fight, requiring them to both fend off Scarlet and defeat the other team.

I thought Ready Up was a combat/PvP oriented show. Would they do something like a LA preview on that?

I'm pretty excited about the new LA. Yesterday's update took me by surprise. I like how people go to the cultural cities more often now, but LA in its prime was a beautiful zone. The new one will be even beautiful-er!

Last week at end of POI, Rubi said tune into Ready Up for something different that they will announce this week. They announced LA construction and nothing else so I that is where my assumption comes from.

Moondrop

Banned

Retro

The last few weeks,the pattern has been to tease on Monday, reveal Thursday, live stream Friday. Maybe Tuesday was the tease and we'll get Guild Hall info, since there's a hint about it in the new LA?

Proven

Considering the headaches of this patch, it's almost guaranteed to be some type of beta announcement. And since it's on Ready Up there will likely be sPvP or WvW involved. All the things that broke are probably because they patched in another chunk of new tech. This is the second chunk, I think, the first chunk happening when we had the first PvE beta a few months ago. So far we've seen how it affected Stealth (different revealed amounts between PvP and PvE/WvW), WvW (all borderlands allied together), and Mesmer couldn't even queue in sPvP (some kind of issue checking their eligibility or if they were in the Mists, perhaps?), it's all related to player vs. player environments in some way.

My super long shot guess is that it's Guild Halls with some form of GvG.

I don't see how having all stealth applications followed by an instant, guaranteed revealed debuff is a positive balance change. Not with how squishy thieves and mesmers have to run.

I might hate Thieves too much. Even if my win ratio against them has been improving.

Proven

So is there some Guild Hall fund plan, or do we have enough already? I'd like to contribute in some way if we do.

We don't even know if we have to pay for it with Gold, Karma, Gems, Influence, Commendations, Fractal Relics, Silky Sand, or pieces of Firefly Luminescence, unfortunately. To Friday!

Shanlei91

It would be amazing if crafting a Guild Hall required tons of the most worthless materials. Kind of like what they used to do to rejuvenate the game economy back at launch.

Thorgal

Guild hall will require the following ittems to build :

10.000 bloodstone bricks
2000 deldrimor ingots
1000 bolts of damask

and Every gift of - item in the game

Oh ,but first you need to cough up 10.000 gold to buy the parcel where you will built your hall .

:p

SourBear

Banned
Nah. That would be a dumb way of doing it. The smart way would be to make the most basic of Guild Halls - your starter hall - to just cost gold. This makes it easy enough for any size guild to get it. Then after that they provide various guild hall upgrades and that is where the economy sinks come into play. My secret hope is that all of the cosmetic stuff about a guild hall is done in a system similar to Wildstar. I would really love to see item drops that are specific to guild halls and some of the more rare ones are unique to specific game modes and particular content.

Proven

It's not my place to posit anything, but where would we go? Back to Orr? Maybe to the now decrepit Dry Top and try to get T6 twice in a row? More Karka?

Moondrop

Banned
I might hate Thieves too much. Even if my win ratio against them has been improving.
And I probably have too much respect for bursty classes I find difficult to play. Though as I improve with them it takes away a lot of the mystique.

Talking in spoilers is fun. Are we doing this so the carebears aren't threatened by our pvp talk? :p

I want a guild event =( The last thing we did was Chrismas Orr in January
Orr skill challenge tour. ;)

Zeroth

When we get guild summons like the marionette, doing events will be trivial. That said, we could do the Orr sphere puzzle, it seems like a fun group activity.

Only other time I've seen a rollback from Anet was 2006 when an update broke the price of ectoplasn.

Proven

And I probably have too much respect for bursty classes I find difficult to play. Though as I improve with them it takes away a lot of the mystique.

Talking in spoilers is fun. Are we doing this so the carebears aren't threatened by our pvp talk? :p

Nah, I just felt like my hate might be nearing on unjustified. But maybe spoilers could become PvP corner in the future...

Lump you see that Llama Enhancer on the Laurel vendor? WHAT IS IT

I got 3 llamas this is true, but I absorbed one into my account months ago so I have 2 physical llamas left. I might not be able to use it yet.

EDIT: Made a ticket, actually. It can't hurt to try.

Subject: Llama Drama

In-Game Item:: Other

Greetings oh fair Support Friends,

As of this most recent patch and with the inclusion of the wonderful 'Essence of Llamatic Elegance', it would seem I am close to achieving a Mini Fancy Llama by combining this new item and three previously attained Mini Llamas into the Mystic Forge. Alas, it would seem that one of my three earned Mini Llamas was unfortunately absorbed into my Account Wardrobe months ago, before the announcement or knowledge of Mini Fancy Llamas came to exist. I was hoping it would be possible to take the Mini Llama out of my Account Wardrobe and reclaim its previous, physical status so that I may toss him and his two Mini Llama brethren into the Mystic Forge in the pursuit of fanciness.

Thank you and have a fancy day.

Edit: I love GW2's support team! They're hooking me up!

Proven

Ok, found a legit bug. Warrior Longbow with the Stronger Bowstrings trait no longer makes your auto attack an 100% projectile finisher.

Lomax

Only other time I've seen a rollback from Anet was 2006 when an update broke the price of ectoplasn.

Well, this is two days in a row now. It's not a "rollback" per say, it crashes and clearly loses the last 10-15 minutes worth of game activity. Twice in a row now I've gone out, cleared the world boss I needed for my daily, only to have the game promptly crash and erase that kill along with all the drops and the quest progress. Honestly it's the type of thing that if this game had a monthly fee, I'd be screaming to high hell about as being totally unacceptable. With the b2p model though, I feel like I basically just have to suck it up and deal with it, which sucks. I don't know what they've fucked up with these recent patches, but I hope they unfuck it asap because it's really making me not want to play any more.

but I hope they unfuck it asap because it's really making me not want to play any more.

KmISguF.png

The last day has seen more *fixed a server crash* than I think the game has had since launch. I'm not sure what the heck they did, but this is very out of the ordinary for GW2. It has been (and in many respects still is) the most stable, reliable, MMO out there, with the least downtime and almost zero rollbacks, ever.

It sucks that you had to start playing right now as all this happens, but trust me, this is not the norm for the game.

Shanlei91

I saw this post earlier today and found it odd because since launch I have never experienced any such issue.

Then it happened to me after Teq today. Losing progress really does hurt one's drive to keep playing. I completed my pvp daily then logged off to play the hottest game out right now.

gQp7E6U.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom