• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Make-up Missions in just under 2 hours. Expecting a delivery so I may have to go AFK for about 5 minutes suddenly, but otherwise we should be good.

Anonymous post on vg at 4chan.

So... totally made up bullshit from a completely disreputable source. Gotcha.

So err Hawk why did you mail me 70 Heavy Bags.

Mumble lotto prize. You came in second, but the winner didn't want them so congratulations.

Retro

Starting to group up for Makeups, starting at or shortly after the top of the hour.

hmmm I wonder if a level 33 will be of much use for a guild mission :p

You can make it to all of the Puzzles, and a couple of the other three mission types, at least. Depends on what we draw.

Retro

Sorry for being late to makeups. I hate that you guys had trouble starting out.

:<

Just bad luck, really. Quaggans were going okay but I was worried we wouldn't have the last three freed in time so I asked Callunah's group to grab it, but nobody came along to help her. Then getting supplies on top of it just didn't help (and that one's a pain in the ass on regular Mission nights).

Other than that, everything worked out fine and nobody acted too upset / impatient (which I greatly appreciate, even if anyone was feeling frustrated with getting everyone where they needed to be).

Mxrz

For whatever reason I thought CoE's ascended trinket was an Assassin's, not Sentinel's. Poor Mesmer will have to wait for Arah's.

Wish I could find a use for all this random ascended stuff from the ls, collections, and boxes. Its neat looking stuff, just not seeing a use for anything that isn't Zerk, Soldiers or maybe rabid. Wonder if there is any way HoT could ever make the other stat combos more useful.

Not entirely sure Hammer's prot symbol is worth it in 41+ Fractals.

Make-up Missions in just under 2 hours. Expecting a delivery so I may have to go AFK for about 5 minutes suddenly, but otherwise we should be good.

So... totally made up bullshit from a completely disreputable source. Gotcha.

Mumble lotto prize. You came in second, but the winner didn't want them so congratulations.
I didn't want to believe it but the post about hammer and longbow guardian were made in 2013.

GW2 Twitter just posted:

B9-yzc7CcAAECbQ.jpg:large

Vyroxis

Banned
SO I recently picked this game up when my TOR guild decided it was time to move on to something else. I've been playing around with all the classes, but so far have found the Ranger to be the most fun. I've been leveling mostly with a shortbow/one handed sword setup, but I am not sure if this will work well in the end game. Should I be adjusting now instead of hitting a brutal wall later on? Or am I going to be fine in the end?

Ashodin

SO I recently picked this game up when my TOR guild decided it was time to move on to something else. I've been playing around with all the classes, but so far have found the Ranger to be the most fun. I've been leveling mostly with a shortbow/one handed sword setup, but I am not sure if this will work well in the end game. Should I be adjusting now instead of hitting a brutal wall later on? Or am I going to be fine in the end?
Play what you want. Experiment. There are weapons that are suited better to different tasks, so most people bring multiple weapons in their bag. As a Guardian, I need ranged sometimes and bring a staff or scepter.

Levyne

Banned

Sword axe and sword horn are both pretty vogue "endgame" pve weapons. I just like the Greatsword for the gap closer and the block, especially the block. It just suits my play style more.

Shortbow I don't see a lot of pve use, but I also don't mess with condition builds much, where it's probably more suited. Most power based rangers will either do sword / longbow, GS /longbow, or maybe sword/ gs.

That all said, play how you want. Heck even DNT (tryhard guild) suggested shortbow as a "meta" swap waaaaay back when. If you're reasonably mighted up it does okay damage at a fast firing rate , or if you are set for the bleeds on flanking. Longbow is just more bursty and with vuln.

Just don't run a bear.

Thorgal

Everything is viable in the (end)game so just pick whatever you want you want .

^^ Also ignore lev above and play a bearbow if you so desire :p

Started work on Bolt yesterday no pre, already have 50 charged cores, gonna make the gift lighting since first it's the most expensive lodestone gift in the game, but this will be a slow process might even wait until HoT drops to complete Bolt, I burnt myself out making Incinerator so while I want a few more Legendary for my Guardian not in rush..

Thorgal, that makeover is impressive.

It's not easy to make a character that;

1) stands out from the crowd

2) still looks good / interesting / fits some sort of "ohh, I get what this character is about, just by looking at it" feeling

3) is competently done. I'm talking to you super sayan charrs. you are horrible cat-cow-lions and you should feel ashamed! how dare you!

Mxrz

There's no brutal walls or typical 'end game' to worry about. Play whatever you find to be the most fun while leveling up. Learning to dodge, and learning what each skill does will help later on. At 80, if you want to join the meta dungeon and fractal groups, its easy enough redo your traits & gear.

Ashodin

What it looks like when Thrasher Boss can't do jack shit

M02s5d7.png

There's a perfect triangle of Walls of Reflection, plus a couple Feedbacks.

Mxrz

Just had the smoothest dredge fractal ever at 49. Thief and mesmer too good. Also snagged a fractal axe, so yay. Somehow, rest of my group took zero damage from old tom, while I struggled to stay alive. Must be something I don't know about there.

Wanderer5

The dragon and lion mask came early. Dragon looks really good on charr.

2015-02-16_00001_zps83ea14e0.jpg

There now a ram balloon and the new dyes. Going to wait to see how the gold dyes turn out.

Wanderer5

I heard through the grapevine (i.e. LA map chat whining) that this was for China only? Lunar New Year is in 2 days, so I guess we'll see if it's out by then. Might just not be released in NA yet.

Yeah I read of such from a comment on dulfy. I hope it not true.:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom