• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY AUGUST 16 ☆

Event #4 - Twilight Arbor
Explorable Aetherpath

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Caledon Forest

Recommended Items:
Powerful Potions of Slaying Scarlet's Armies
5 Completed Aetherkeys (from 25 Aetherkey Pieces)

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a raffle from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

We will be thinking of small bonus challenges each week to announce randomly during the events, which will award more prizes, so be ready for those too!

☆ CURRENT EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#1 - July 26 - Ascalonian Catacombs
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#2 - August 2 - Caudecus's Manor

#3 - August 9 - Twilight Arbor
Story Path and Explorable Forward/Up Paths

#4 - August 16 - Twilight Arbor
Explorable Aetherpath

#5 - August 23 - Sorrow's Embrace

August 30 - PAX Prime
*BYE WEEK*

#6 - September 6 - Citadel of Flame

#7 - September 13 - Honor of the Waves

#8 - September 20 - Crucible of Eternity

#9 - September 27 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#10 - October 4 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

*DATES ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL THE WEEK OF THE EVENT AND MAY BE RESCHEDULED IN CASES OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES*

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Any guild members able to attend all dungeon paths will be eligible for an even split of an extra two hundred gold prize! The fewer people who complete this challenge the more valuable your dedication and hard work becomes, so don't give up!

In the potential case that no one was able to show up for all of the paths, a reduced reward will be given to the guild member(s) who managed to attend the most weeks. So it's still worth giving it a try, even if you know you'll miss some weeks!​

Quenk

You guys don't like fractals?

What makes you think that? People start fractal groups in guild chat without much difficulty. Especially on fractal daily days.

If you're saying that because of the dungeon events Ike and co are putting on, fractals don't lend themselves well to doing an event like that since they're random (though maybe once we do all the dungeons they'll figure something out)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i'm sad I missed missions and dungeoning. I was busing getting soaked by the rain while clearing out the last bits of junk in my old place :(

yukinon

70 AR!!!!!! \o/

9O8ZYO1.jpg

Repo Man

So I've had the game for a while but never given it a proper go due to time constraints and WoW but as I'm a bit bored of WoW now I decided to pick this up again and maybe give it the attention it deserves finally.

Started fresh with a Nord warrior last night only to find the starting area bugged so that no one can progress. Decided not to let it put me off and made a human warrior instead this morning and been playing a while when I saw someone dual wielding pistols which for some strange reason is my thing!

Did some googling and found that thiefs can dual wield pistols ( correct ? ) so I quickly re-rolled and look forward to playing more tonight after work. Is pistol DW viable though and does it work ? I have no clue how these things work as I'm basically new to the game.

So I've had the game for a while but never given it a proper go due to time constraints and WoW but as I'm a bit bored of WoW now I decided to pick this up again and maybe give it the attention it deserves finally.

Started fresh with a Nord warrior last night only to find the starting area bugged so that no one can progress. Decided not to let it put me off and made a human warrior instead this morning and been playing a while when I saw someone dual wielding pistols which for some strange reason is my thing!

Did some googling and found that thiefs can dual wield pistols ( correct ? ) so I quickly re-rolled and look forward to playing more tonight after work. Is pistol DW viable though and does it work ? I have no clue how these things work as I'm basically new to the game.

Thief not the only class can Dual Wield Pistols, Engineer can too....

Retro

ArenaNet posted their schedule for Gamescom. Nothing unusual except this;

Saturday, August 8, 18:00 CEST (UTC+2)—The Heart of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

ArenaNet developers take the lid off the progression-system changes coming with the expansion, showcasing the depth and breadth of the system and revealing all-new features. This panel is intended for existing players, and the content will be in English.
(Source)

All new features, hmm? FYI, 18:00 CEST is Noon Eastern / 9am Pacific, I believe.

Yeah, thief can dual wield pistols. It's probably not *optimal * but it's certainly viable.

You guys are probably tired of seeing lupi fights from us ^_^ but Levyne and I finally got a good recording of a duo, so here you go

https://youtu.be/3CYbjfw-_l4

He even bugged out and did his weird thing where he shadowsteps/goes invisible in place. Thankfully we dealt with it OK and he didn't cast Necrid Barrage and kill us.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay

Jira

ArenaNet posted their schedule for Gamescom. Nothing unusual except this;

All new features, hmm? FYI, 18:00 CEST is Noon Eastern / 9am Pacific, I believe.

Well to me it's not really unexpected, they were revealing new stuff in the base game weeks before launch. Gonna be interesting to see what they've worked on since the announcement.

Retro

Update Notes:
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug in which an incorrect number of available points of interest were shown on map loading screens.
  • Fixed a bug in which ambient occlusion did not appear correctly on some Mac systems.

Well to me it's not really unexpected, they were revealing new stuff in the base game weeks before launch. Gonna be interesting to see what they've worked on since the announcement.

Oh, I know, I'm just saying; yay, something new is getting revealed. I was worried Gamescom was just going to be a retread of the existing news for people who don't follow the game.

Thorgal

Congratulations again.

Just don't quit on us now that your goal is complete. =)

Don't worry , i am going nowhere
except on vacation in 2 weeks time :p

And i only completed one goal .

Next on my list is to get full Ascended armor and after that fill it up with precise infusions and after that make another legendary .

Retro

Guild Chat right now.

RIP Braxzy 2014-2014

Jeez, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago but I looked and it's been four months. RIP in peace.

Don't worry , i am going nowhere
except on vacation in 2 weeks time :p

And i only completed one goal .

Next on my list is to get full Ascended armor and after that fill it up with precise infusions and after that make another legendary .

Good to hear... plus, you know... Heart of Thorns. =)

Ashodin

Black Lion stuff would be tomorrow if there's new stuff. this is a great time to turn gold into gems, as the price should climb pretty significantly if so.

Quenk

Neat. It's nice to see more condi builds coming up and being viable. I haven't watched the whole video but the 5 superior nightmare runes + coral orb is pretty cool to get around the fear on the 6th nightmare rune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom