• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a raffle from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

We will be thinking of small bonus challenges each week to announce randomly during the events, which will award more prizes, so be ready for those too!

☆ CURRENT EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#1 - July 26 - Ascalonian Catacombs
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#2 - August 2 - Caudecus's Manor
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#3 - August 9 - Twilight Arbor
Story Path and Explorable Forward/Up Paths

#4 - August 16 - Twilight Arbor
Explorable Aetherpath

#5 - August 23 - Sorrow's Embrace
Story Path and Explorable Path 1

August 30 - PAX Prime
*BYE WEEK*

#6 - September 6 - Sorrow's Embrace
Explorable Paths 2/3

#7 - September 13 - Citadel of Flame

#8 - September 20 - Citadel of Flame
Explorable Paths 2/3

#9 - September 27 - Honor of the Waves

#10 - October 4 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2/3

#11 - October 11 - Crucible of Eternity

#12 - October 18 - Crucible of Eternity
Explorable Paths 2/3

#13 - October 25 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#14 - November 1 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

*DATES ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL THE WEEK OF THE EVENT AND MAY BE RESCHEDULED IN CASES OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES*

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Any guild members able to attend all dungeon paths will be eligible for an even split of an extra two hundred gold prize! The fewer people who complete this challenge the more valuable your dedication and hard work becomes, so don't give up!

In the potential case that no one was able to show up for all of the paths, a reduced reward will be given to the guild member(s) who managed to attend the most weeks. So it's still worth giving it a try, even if you know you'll miss some weeks!​

New post for new page.

Shoot ! I knew I forgot to do something !

That was fun although I had a bit of a hard time sometimes listening to someone explaining the next encounter we had not reached yet, while some NPC's were talking , while we were clearing mobs at the same time @_@!
But it all turned up alright in the end.

Zeroth finishing those last 3-5% of the final boss alone like a champ being my personal highlight :D

The dungeon itself wasn't half as bad as some made it out to be, and I'll gladly run it again.

Now I have to sort-out which dungeon paths I've done and which I haven't because the achievement panel + dungeon reward tracks don't seem to give me an accurate picture, wish there was a beter way to track that.
I'm usually missing one path which is Story but for some of them it's not story and I cant remember which paths I've done or not.

I apologize for that. I'll try to always offer a written explanation to make the group's life easier!

Does the peasant edition of HoT come with a character slot? Bought it yesterday but haven't received one yet.
I was reading in map chat yesterday that they give out the slots once a week; so you should wait a bit and see if you get it. (I'd imagine it's when they update generally, but I'm not sure on that)

Proven

=(

Family stuff had me miss the dungeon event yesterday. New Heroes patch and hopefully a new elite specialization this week may pick back up my mood.

Morokh

I apologize for that. I'll try to always offer a written explanation to make the group's life easier!

Don't worry it was just my non native-speaker brain who had a bit of trouble processing everything at the same time.

You did your job perfectly fine.

Retro

Yeah, if they keep it at one-per-week that means we still have a whole month to get through. Next week is the big one though, Mike O'Brian and Collin are supposed to be at PAX Prime and that usually means something important... plus, you know, the "Challenging Group Content."

Personally, I just want a name so we can stop saying "Challenging Group Content." =P

CMn2D1RUkAApy2Q.jpg

Torchy Warrior!

Spyware

Huh, another correct guess based on the datamined stuff then. I would have liked pistols more, but I have no idea what they will do with torch. Could be interesting.

Datamined torch:
rX9YyRd.png

[&C7oXAAA=]

Morokh

Forgot about that datamined torch, but I'll take it, it even fits my current warrior look :D

Rampager (likely not) , Destroyer ?, Berserker in a burst in flame berserk way ? Flamebow builds incoming ? :p

Spyware

No and I'm starting to think they might not add that for the cheapest version. Anyone expect they'll change their mind on that?
They did change their mind a long time ago.
As said earlier in the thread the slots are sent out on a weekly basis. I think it was fridays before but it can probably change or maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Callunah

Neo Member
Thank you to everyone who came for Aetherpath! It's a very difficult path to coordinate, so having four parties beat it at the same time is pretty exciting.

Anyone who missed any of the achievements should try to find me on nights after reset. We can get people together to do the path a few more times.

Id love to get in on one of the groups going for rest of the achievements too!

Quenk

Warrior gets off-hand torch. Obviously this means that they get to wield an empty main-hand, set themselves on fire and punch things.

I hate the fact that they want to keep giving each spec a week. It's only exciting on Monday, Thursday and Friday. Tuesday usually doesn't have anything, Wednesday is a truncated blog post from 3rd party site.

Just do two specs a week and have a longer POI on Friday.

They did change their mind a long time ago.
As said earlier in the thread the slots are sent out on a weekly basis. I think it was fridays before but it can probably change or maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

I completely forgot about that, thanks! Since I got this shiz day 1 I guess I'll get one no matter what so long as I pre-order :D

Ashodin

I hate the fact that they want to keep giving each spec a week. It's only exciting on Monday, Thursday and Friday. Tuesday usually doesn't have anything, Wednesday is a truncated blog post from 3rd party site.

Just do two specs a week and have a longer POI on Friday.

You have a kid fill your time with diaper changes

Mxrz

I would like dual torch, not just offhand. GW2 feel a bit too normal lately. Need some of that GW1 quirkiness. A warrior running around screaming with a torch in each hand just feels right.

Ashodin

grain o salt with these, but they're in the game sooooooooooo

W8q9d08.png

Berserker F2?

Berserker Traits (someone in ANet is a fighting game fan)

O4ZxYAl.png

hCRh0nn.png

w2UuxkF.png

Druid Minor Trait

IcGtSWn.png

Seems pets -> aspects. Pet-less Druid? Seems Druids get glyphs from Elementalists.

Dare Devil (thief spec) Trait

EKtgtgJ.png

Seems they get physical skills from Warriors.

Retro

If those are true, it sounds like Warriors will basically get a rage mode with all sorts of passive perks and a Break Bar (the "are stunned if broken" language suggests it).

If Glyphs work for Druids as they do Eles, then it sounds like they're getting beast "Aspects" that might work like elemental attunements?

Interesting stuff.

Trey

so Warriors finally get their super saiyan button to make up for that halfway kaio ken elite signet? exciting times.

wait, and they're basically combining my two main classes into one??? Anet, don't hurt me.

Dead

well not really...yet
Berserker F2 skill seems like it might be a new skill bar (ie: death shroud with necro) Would be cool.

Morokh

It's like they wand to discourage me to make a Charr Thief at every step ....

Placeholder item name : Dare Devil

Those few early datamined skills for the Warrior on the other hand sound really cool, can't wait !

Well, I didn't think they would go this route with Warrior. I wonder how this will differ from Rampage- A skill I don't like at all. Mostly because it feels so out of place and the skills aren't good. Poor mid-animations, and it just looks silly physically growing. I never use it.

A Berserker mode will hopefully be handled differently, and have good synergy with the rest of the class. If it somehow can enhance my GS/Longbow build, then I am all for it. I did still hope for kits though. Flails, polearms, and all that jazz. It would have been a great chance to add a bunch of exoting weapon sets that would never realistically ever make it into GW2.

Thief getting physical skills - good job! That makes sense. Physical skills on Warrior are some of my favorites. Nothing is better than kicking someone in the face downing them, or throwing that bolar, or doing that stompy.
They fit the thiefs playstyle, and are sorta similar to their Tricks utility. Hopefully they will be acrobatic martial artsy and really flashy and non-rooted.
If they get staff, I could see myself, Thief being a second main.

Rage mode sounds like Warrior version of Necro's Death Shroud. I like it.

Fits the art

Aspect of the Bear

Elite spec background, so Aspect of the Wolf, Aspect of the Raven?

If there are those two, there should also be Leopard and Wolf! Then it is thematically correct with the Norn gods.
And if they do, I hope they will update bear, wolf and leopard(all cat models) because they really need updating inside the game. They are very blocky.

I know some of you like bears, but the way they look just piss me off. it reminds me of an unshaved glen beck. I don't like it one bit.

nataku

It's like they wand to discourage me to make a Charr Thief at every step ....

Placeholder item name : Dare Devil

Those few early datamined skills for the Warrior on the other hand sound really cool, can't wait !

I want to see how this and the Warrior helm fit on a Charr. Odds of them deleting the horns to make both helms "fit"? Pretty good, based on what they've done in the past.

Taffer

Wow 60s. But anyway, both are not very commonly seen. I'm more used to bleed lasting like 5s.

hmm, 8-10s is actually pretty common.

Engineers too spammy. Come to the dark side and enjoy hand-crafted high quality bleeds.

I don't think that's a raven BTW, it looks too killy.

Rawk Hawk

Wow 60s. But anyway, both are not very commonly seen. I'm more used to bleed lasting like 5s.

hmm, 8-10s is actually pretty common.

Oh I didn't misread it, I had posted before that I use Blood is Power on Necro (less so specialization update), and that is a 30s bleed. I thought you meant for Warriors.

Spyware

Hopefully they will be acrobatic martial artsy and really flashy and non-rooted.
If they get staff, I could see myself, Thief being a second main.
Heh, this is the exact opposite of what Tumblr is saying atm. I follow a huge bunch of people and have not seen a single positive post about thief staff. They are just reblogging these two mega negative posts about how staff is the most boring and overused weapon, "it will be too close to Revenant" and "Ranger already got staff". And that's not even mentioning the hate that the idea of some staff-based acrobatic martial arts looking skills is generating.
I do get that people want more rifle users (only 2 profs atm). I would also like rifle as a really long range option, but thief would be even more horrible to meet in any sort of PvP then. Stealth, mobility and the ability to shoot you from max range? Ugh :D
Melee staff would be less of a balance nightmare.

Proven

I wonder now if they should combine Tricks with Physical and make them a single skill type in game? I mean, they're thematically different, but are also similar in the sense that they involve tools and feats of martial prowess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom