• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrigiNull

I'm assuming this is for PVE.

Necro is a kinda stigmatized class for pve, but whatever. I've done most all the hardest dungeon paths with a necro in the party. There are 3 I semi-regularly dungeon with. That said, I would say that a guardian generally is a great anchor for a party, if that makes sense. I would be more willing to join a pug with 3 guards then 3 necros, even though I know that's not exactly fair. I don't really play a loved class either by the puggles (ranger), but it's cool to play something that you don't see a lot of other people playing.

When you say exotic in the second part, I assume you mean ascended. I would probably get ascended weapons first since you only need 2-3ish of them until you want to complete your class's full weapon set. Comparatively, getting a full armor set or a legendary is much more time consuming and costly.

As for saving mats, eh, seems like a popular thing to do. That's up to you. I don't plan to obsess on hoarding stuff to get new shinies asap.

Yeah, I meant ascended, sorry about that. So if I have exotic weapons from dungeon tokens, is the upgrade to the ascended weapons that much of a bump or are those just wasted materials I should have saved for the legendary?

spiritfox

It's a negligible bump, only useful if you plan on doing high level fractals. If you want to get a legendary you should just save the mats.

Levyne

Banned
It's a small but noticeable bump. 5% is the number that gets parroted but I haven't checked. Compared to the cost of a legendary, 1-2 ascended weapons really isn't that much, BUT since the bump is smallish, holding your gold/items for a legendary instead isn't a bad idea. Ascended becomes more essential for higher fractals, a dungeon type where you need to slot the agony resist infusions.

At least you could let your gold/ecto/material stores build up and then see if there's a legendary you like (new or old) .

Thorgal

Yeah, I meant ascended, sorry about that. So if I have exotic weapons from dungeon tokens, is the upgrade to the ascended weapons that much of a bump or are those just wasted materials I should have saved for the legendary?

Ascended armor is better then exotic but only a 5% so it is almost negliable .

If all you plan to do is PVE then you are good to go with Exotics .

Perhaps look into getting some ascended trinkets .

The only reason i would recommend going after Ascended gear is if you are planning to do High level fractals since youll need Ascended armor for Infusion slots .

Edit : Beaten to a pulp .

Minamu

Augur Stone is for ascended stuff, I think he means Bloodstone Shard. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_shard
Thanks. already have the shard thankfully ^^

Augur's Stone is used when crafting Ascended equipment.

Bloodstone Shard is used for crafting Legendary weapons.
Ah that explains it. I'll get at least one of those stones then, getting an ascended armor set is probably my next goal after Sunrise (and some 20 slot bags). I guess I'd need at least one Augur's Stone per ascended piece?

Zeroth

Thanks. already have the shard thankfully ^^

Ah that explains it. I'll get at least one of those stones then, getting an ascended armor set is probably my next goal after Sunrise (and some 20 slot bags). I guess I'd need at least one Augur's Stone per ascended piece?

Sincerely, ascended is tied into 20 slot bags, in the sense that you can buy 20 slot bags with fractal currency, so that would be an extra incentive. But I only recommend ascended if you are seriously considering fractals.

Full ascended berserker vs full exotic berserker is somewhere around a 10 to 11% difference in damage output.

But almost all of that is from weapons and trinkets which are (somewhat) easy to get.

Ascended armor doesn't actually do a huge amount to boost damage. Something like 1% total on its own. It's there for the extra armor, obviously, and the infusion slots.

This also only applies at level 80. The way lower levels scale, there is often a 0% difference between ascended and exotic.

Minamu

Sincerely, ascended is tied into 20 slot bags, in the sense that you can buy 20 slot bags with fractal currency, so that would be an extra incentive. But I only recommend ascended if you are seriously considering fractals.
I was thinking more of buying some candy corn cub things for the bags :) After Sunrise, I'd probably need another superficial incentive to strive towards, and ascended items seem like the way to go. And I'd like to try something higher than fractal lvl 9 some day :)

blast, I forgot to log in to buy my wings. They're gone now eh?
From what they wrote in the article, it seems that this is just an anticipation, so you'll be able to buy them somewhere down the line. Also, there's definitely too many people with those things around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
45 minutes left.

if youre fast you can still get them and become a true Hawkian :p
Whoa, thank you guys! Got it with 5 mins to spare. woo.

Also happened to nab my Chest of Loyalty. Yay!

I should convert some of my assets to cash, I've been stockpiling for a while now and it'll be time to kit out my Engi soon.

kos, useless as always. :)
From what they wrote in the article, it seems that this is just an anticipation, so you'll be able to buy them somewhere down the line. Also, there's definitely too many people with those things around.
Too late, anyway I'm just holding them in the bank for my Revenant.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
12 Mastery Points: Wyvern Defiance - The Exalted have taught you to stand in defiance of wyverns. They can no longer knock you down with their wing buffets

That sounds delicious.

Thorgal

I wonder how worthwhile it would be to make a character who will only do pvp ,level him up to about 50 or so and use him to open pvp Boxes to get expensive lower tier mats ?

I wonder how worthwhile it would be to make a character who will only do pvp ,level him up to about 50 or so and use him to open pvp Boxes to get expensive lower tier mats ?

Is the only XP you get from PvP, through the Scrolls? I thought Ranking up gave you XP as well, so your character would at some point get to 80.

Levyne

Banned
sure i haven't played in a while so i dont remember which server i was on.
currently installing the game.

@ complistic for real?

____ is dead is a meme of sorts in the guild.

If you are on an NA server, then it doesn't matter much at all, you can still do everything with GAF except WvW. If you are on EU, then you can only chat I think.

Retro

ok ready character name is silent infiltration
invite me to gaf guild if you can please.

Looks like Zeroth got you, welcome.

@ complistic for real?

It's an in-joke, saying that the game and/or guild is dead when it's very clearly not the case (the game is quite lively and the guild is almost at the 500 member cap again). It's replaced "I'm cancelling my subscription!", arguably the funnier of the two jokes (at least that one doesn't confuse new players).

I like this but it's a little too passive for me to be a main theme.

This is what played over the demo during the splash screen and (I think) character creation, probably just something cool that'll be played later on. I do like the direction they're taking the music though. This is bombastic and adventurous without relying on Jeremy Soule's well-worn tropes.

vakarian32

Alright will do, cheers for the invite. At work at the moment so I'll be online later. I've just been repping my 1 man guild at the moment for my private guild bank, gets a bit boring roaming around solo :p

jg4xchamp

Hey Guild Wars 2gaf, I'm thinking about picking this up soon, was hoping to know if there would be peeps that would like to suffer the early stuff with me to help my ass out and stuff.

I like long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, frisky women, and hacking and slashing things. Maybe even shooting giant fireballs from my hand. I also have a mic. = D

Don't know if folks care, but Sodapoppin (well known streamer, pulls a pretty constant 10k+) has indicated he's moving to GW2 as his primary MMO. Might bring in a surprising number of players via the "pewdiepie effect".

Also: I'm not terribly active, but I'd enjoy an invite. Farlous is my main.

Wanderer5

Hey Guild Wars 2gaf, I'm thinking about picking this up soon, was hoping to know if there would be peeps that would like to suffer the early stuff with me to help my ass out and stuff.

I like long walks on the beach, candle light dinners, frisky women, and hacking and slashing things. Maybe even shooting giant fireballs from my hand. I also have a mic. = D

Oh wow a familiar face from gamespot.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom