• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Since we're at the top of the page, this is a good time to remind folks that the change to Daylight Savings Time (Spring Ahead one hour this Sunday at 2am) does not affect the guild mission schedule; everything still happens at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific.

And rats have tails. Asurans do not have tails, ergo, they are not rats. Skritt are rats.

A new character will give you an opportunity to experience the New Player Experience, for better or for worse (mostly better). Things are explained a little more clearly, there's an in-game compass to direct you towards objectives, you get pretty decent rewards as you level and the first 15 levels are so go by much faster... but the way traits and skills are handed out is a bit plodding (especially traits, which must be individually unlocked by completing events or special objectives; you can also just buy them from a trainer). It's a bit of a mixed bag, mostly good and likely to get better since the trait unlocks are changing for Heart of Thorns.

That said, if your Guardian is geared and you don't object to the way it plays, you can always head to a lowbie zone and figure things out (and still get rewards). And of course, there's always guild chat (which should be available next time you log in since I just invited you, just remember to represent).

Asurans are not rats. /grumble.

Thank you!

xeris

Was talking to a source that said they'll be doing a bunch more with things related to the fungus "shroom head" Sylvari form in the expansion. He didn't want to say too much because of the NDA, but he did tell me

"Nobody knows the truffles I've seen."

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I'm excited to play an MMO, it has been years since I quit WoW. I've been watching loads of videos tonight, I should really get to bed.

Was talking to a source that said they'll be doing a bunch more with things related to the fungus "shroom head" Sylvari form in the expansion. He didn't want to say too much because of the NDA, but he did tell me

"nobody knows the truffles I've seen.

Wasn't the 'non pale tree' Sylvari from the story also fungus like? Makes me wonder if his tree is in the expansion. Hell, he got a shout out in one of the last living story chapters as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nope, the Mithril Box and free armor was added in after launch, when they dropped the Basic edition and just gave everyone the Heroic. If you purchased the game before then, regardless of edition, you didn't get either of those.

O-oh.

They should've given us old players something to compensate :(

Spyware

Since we're at the top of the page, this is a good time to remind folks that the change to Daylight Savings Time (Spring Ahead one hour this Sunday at 2am) does not affect the guild mission schedule; everything still happens at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific..
Also that it sorta WILL affect us outside the US. We swedes change the time three weeks from now for example so if you change it now it will be "wrong" for 3 weeks for us before going back to normal, just like what happened for the winter change. :p

Morokh

So the big MMO dilemma, do I go with the sexy caster or brutish mele.

EDIT: Just saw a guy playing a male rat that reminded me of the Gnome from WoW, might have to go that.

Don't worry if you like the game you'll have more than enough opportunities to play both.

There are quite a few ways to speed-up the leveling process of an Alt, and with many things in the game being account bound rather than character bound, there is really nothing stopping you from trying every class in the game.

Reading you first post about Wow, you sound like me when I first came to play GW2, and I can tell you if you can adjust to the way does things, you'll love it !

Wanderer5

Damn it caved in on the crystal nomad.:x My sun lord looks pretty good with it through, so probably be his outfit for a long while.

gw792_zpsfmhjfvkf.jpg

Don't really care much for the helm either, so hidden it is.

The ap thirst is real, only >500 from 15k. Luckily I have 300 ap worth in jumping puzzles to do and also another +300 in explorer.

I generally don't go ap hunting, but I'll make an exception for this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo, this goes on sale at 2pm GMT right? I'm really glad I downloaded the client over night, I'm ready to go as soon as I buy it.

I am 49 ap from 15k and i don't plan on hunting only once in a while i will hunt AP, for example when i reach 14990 I will do a JP to get to 15k..

I am 49 ap from 15k and i don't plan on hunting only once in a while i will hunt AP, for example when i reach 14990 I will do a JP to get to 15k..

I don't understand how there are people with almost 27k ap. I just don't see how some people find it fun to ap hunt, when most of them are tedious tasks. A full Hellfire and Radiant set are cool, but it's not worth 36k to get both sets.

It took me almost 6k hours just to get to 15k, but I just do things I enjoy. However, different strokes for different folks.

I don't understand how there are people with almost 27k ap. I just don't see how some people find it fun to ap hunt, when most of them are tedious tasks. A full Hellfire and Radiant set are cool, but it's not worth 36k to get both sets.

It took me almost 6k hours just to get to 15k, but I just do things I enjoy. However, different strokes for different folks.

Yeah. I'm at 25.3k and the achievements that are left to get for me are sPVP, weapons master, giant slayer, minis redux, and a long grind of WvW. I may have a couple thousand left of achievements with dailies since the pool merge with monthlies.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sale is live, just bought the deluxe edition for £12.50, the heroic was £8.70 I think so thought fuck it, only £3 more for some fluff.

Levyne

Banned
Scavenger's Chasm...

I'm assuming that's the longest jp in the game? Thank god for Dulfy, never again.

There's the one in Silverwastes that's a whole lot longer, but I think it doesn't really feel like a jumping puzzle due to its length and how it is set up.

Pop

Sale is live, just bought the deluxe edition for £12.50, the heroic was £8.70 I think so thought fuck it, only £3 more for some fluff.

I too just bought the Deluxe edition.

Couldn't pass this up. I'm excited to be playing an mmo again.

Sign ups have begun for closed beta tests! Announced at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-heart-of-thorns-closed-beta-tests/

There will be no nondisclosure agreements for these beta tests. Those of you who are selected as testers will be free to talk about your experiences and to post streams and videos of the content you play. Please understand that these are early beta tests designed to stress core systems of an expansion that’s still in development. Because we’re stressing core systems, we’ll start with a very small pool of testers and then grow a little with each successful test.

Are you interested in participating? We’ll draw our initial pool of testers from among active players and loyal customers who are also subscribed to the Guild Wars 2 newsletter. By opting in to receive email from us, you’re opting in to any potential beta invites. So if you want to be considered for beta test, please make sure we have your current email address and that you’re successfully receiving our newsletters. It’s easy. Just go to the newsletter sign-up page and fill out your information*.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Terrible pugs with terrible Mesmers make me want to get back into my Mesmer again.

But Ranger is so much better to PvP with. :-|

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What happens if you bought Digital Deluxe in gemstore even if you already are in Digital Deluxe?

zychi

Banned
So II'm one of the noobs who just bought the game cheap. I made an account, but can't figure out where to put my serial key into the game?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom