• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So, is Power Ranger the most OP class ever? I just made an alt, level 2 and joined in for some sPvP and Rapid Fire is literally taking 50% or more of people's HP, you can see the fear in their eyes when half of their health just disappears out of nowhere.

So, is Power Ranger the most OP class ever? I just made an alt, level 2 and joined in for some sPvP and Rapid Fire is literally taking 50% or more of people's HP, you can see the fear in their eyes when half of their health just disappears out of nowhere.

I go out of my way to chase down and kill power rangers if I see one in a match. Soooo annoying

That's not how you sit in chairs.

dY9yi0z.jpg

I wish it were easier/faster to adjust the camera on the fly for screenshots.

Quenk

Can I say the last person wins the race attitude that GAF guild has, is exemplary, and I have to thank the officers for their dedication.

Everyone in the guild is really awesome with that stuff. Like during rushes, people that finish go back through to help guide others or take care of tricky mobs. And the mesmers make sure no one gets left behind in puzzles.

Quenk

The damage is so high it feels bugged. If they don't swarm me I just melt target after target.

It's a ton of damage if you hit a full rapid fire but well timed dodges can avoid the burst. Honestly, a thief scares me more than a ranger. The gap closing and burst damage from stealth is hard for me to avoid.

Zeroth

Thieves are far more dangerous than power rangers. You can spot a power ranger from far, and once they are locked down they have little survival. Thief has a lot of breathing room with stealth.*

*Assuming it's a good thief of course.

TrounceX

This might seem obvious but you also simply can't see guild chat if you're set to invisible.

You can see party chat though.

Oh wow..

Nah I'm just kidding, I know. I'm an expert at being invisible in this game lol. It was kinda disappointing though, I wanted to see some of my old GAF friends. I was surprised how many people I recognized from a brief look at the roster. How are we all still playing this game?

Oh and I agree power rangers op. Right up there with condi spam thieves.... I can't deal with either of them.

Xanathus

A friend is trying to buy the game now while the sale is on but both of us keep getting the payment authorization failed error at the end with both of our credit cards and paypal. Anyone know what's the deal?

I got a level 80 weapon called Truth out of a thorny pouch or whatever after the last level 10 story mission. I'm assuming they're not overly rare so I'd be better off just putting it up in the Trading Post for ~2 gold? My engineer can't use the weapon skin anyhow.

Are skins shared between characters? Or is collecting them really just for achievements?

Really enjoying the game so far. I'm now level 13 and still just sort of exploring the world and looking forward to what each level introduces. The vistas are great and really scratch an itch I have for simply looking around and trying to get into odd places.

Are my attacks essentially set at level 13 and beyond and the rest are all things like buffs and heals I'll be unlocking? Or do you get more attack options that you can swap into the existing 1-5 slots? I was surprised when I swapped weapons and suddenly had a different set of abilities. I'll have to actually try that out but I was too set with my dual pistols at the time to swap over to a rifle. Soon I'll check that out.

Zeroth

I got a level 80 weapon called Truth out of a thorny pouch or whatever after the last level 10 story mission. I'm assuming they're not overly rare so I'd be better off just putting it up in the Trading Post for ~2 gold? My engineer can't use the weapon skin anyhow.

Yeah, 2g is pretty standard for exotics. I would only pause to sell if the item sells for more than 6g, in which case I recommend asking in guild chat.

Are skins shared between characters? Or is collecting them really just for achievements?

Once you unlock a skin, it is available forever. Outside of skins given through achievement point rewards, there's a cost of one transmutation charge to change the skin of a weapon. These charges can be obtained by completing maps (cities always give them) or doing PvP reward tracks.

Some skins, classified as "collectible", are part of a collection, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Really enjoying the game so far. I'm now level 13 and still just sort of exploring the world and looking forward to what each level introduces. The vistas are great and really scratch an itch I have for simply looking around and trying to get into odd places.

Are my attacks essentially set at level 13 and beyond and the rest are all things like buffs and heals I'll be unlocking? Or do you get more attack options that you can swap into the existing 1-5 slots? I was surprised when I swapped weapons and suddenly had a different set of abilities. I'll have to actually try that out but I was too set with my dual pistols at the time to swap over to a rifle. Soon I'll check that out.

Engineers can't use many weapons and can't swap between them in combat like most other classes, but the " kit" utility skills work a lot like weapons, be sure to unlock em when you can.

Retro

A friend is trying to buy the game now while the sale is on but both of us keep getting the payment authorization failed error at the end with both of our credit cards and paypal. Anyone know what's the deal?

No clue, try a different browser?

They will when the expansion comes out though!

Morokh

As others sait they are shared between characters on your account.

Be careful they are not necessarily unlocked when you loot the item, sometimes you will have to equip/salvage or mystic forge them for it to unlock.
That means if you want to unlock some item skins you won't be able to sell them.

Watch-out for the 'skin unlocked' popup or check your wardrobe bank tab to be sure if it's unlocked or not.

Neo Dark

Excellent Make-ups as always, Karka Rush not withstanding. Thanks for coming out, everyone, especially our volunteers who didn't need commendations but help out anyways.
What? You guys got karka? Bleh I always forget makeups. Woke up at noon (which would have been the perfect timing) and then just lied around reading stuff on my phone until 2 before realizing I forgot makeups

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Thieves are far more dangerous than power rangers. You can spot a power ranger from far, and once they are locked down they have little survival. Thief has a lot of breathing room with stealth.*

*Assuming it's a good thief of course.

And thieves are free kills to rangers thanks to Sic 'Em.

It's rock paper scissors! Or, charmander, squirtle, bulbasaur!

As others sait they are shared between characters on your account.

Be careful they are not necessarily unlocked when you loot the item, sometimes you will have to equip/salvage or mystic forge them for it to unlock.
That means if you want to unlock some item skins you won't be able to sell them.

Watch-out for the 'skin unlocked' popup or check your wardrobe bank tab to be sure if it's unlocked or not.

Yeah, noticed the skin unlocked thing and there were a few people online last night that I pestered about it. And that's the only reason I thought of not selling Truth so I could unlock the skin for it but if it's somewhat common and I can get it again later if I get to the point that I'm really wanting to collect as many skins as possible I'll possibly see it drop again or just buy it at that time.

I imagine the roughly 2 gold I could get for it now would be more beneficial anyhow since I've been hovering right around 10 silver for awhile.

Edit: And thanks to others that answered my questions. I didn't want to reply with a ton of quoted messages just to say thanks.

Taffer

Greatswords will Garydos you?

Torch would have done that. Greatsword is Pidgey. Everyone has a Pidgey, who gives a shit about Pidgey?
GS could still prove fun though, nobody expects them to make it a lifesteal or minion overhaul so that's what it should be. It'd be nice to use my spare armour sets on something other than zerking whenever I fancy a change from condescensionmancer.

turbocat

I convinced a few friends to pick this up during the sale, as we've been looking for an MMO as of late, and we'll be getting together to play sometime this week. Exciting!

Zeroth

I convinced a few friends to pick this up during the sale, as we've been looking for an MMO as of late, and we'll be getting together to play sometime this week. Exciting!

If you would like to join the gaf guild, just post your character names and we'll get ya!

spiritfox

Not Asura.

All classes are viable in the game, and you can create up to 5 characters to begin with, so just experiment with the classes and don't be afraid to start over. All items in your bank will be kept even if you delete all your characters.

Shanlei91

Did all 3 AC paths with a group of people that had 12k+ achievement points, one guy had 24k. Everything melted in seconds, no one dropped.

But also no one said "thanks for group" after the 3rd dungeon path. ;_;

I did AC1 with Kanik, but I left the PUG to die, so that probably helped speed things up considerably.

Some high-level bearbowing was going on during that run too.

Z35f3ei.jpg

Moondrop

Banned
So what builds will people bring to their first Stronghold match?

I'm thinking healing shout warrior (even though that's not my PvP conquest warrior build) because there will be NPCs to support. Though maybe thief or mesmer would be more amusing before people figure out what's going on.

Shanlei91

I spent around 2 hours with Kanik today and got SE1 done.

I did AC1 with Kanik, but I left the PUG to die, so that probably helped speed things up considerably.

0waHJrQ.png

So what builds will people bring to their first Stronghold match?

I'm thinking healing shout warrior (even though that's not my PvP conquest warrior build) because there will be NPCs to support. Though maybe thief or mesmer would be more amusing before people figure out what's going on.

My standard Ele should be great then. Red Lord and I can go 3vs2 against a meta Ranger, Ele and Necro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom