• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
Rip 5000 unit leash or whatever it was.

RIP stealth jaguar maul across the battlefield
Don't forget RIP 1200 shortbow range- all in one patch.

Rangers used to be MORE annoying in PvP? Is this even possible
Imagine you're a warrior fighting a beastmaster 1v1 on a side point. You can choose to either engage my pet, during which I pump you full of shortbow bleeds and CC before swapping out my pet at the last moment, or you can focus on me as I wriggle around like a worm on a hook while my stealthed jaguar rips you to pieces. It was practically a hard counter on any class unable to target both at once.

Wanderer5

Heh fused sword on my war is finally going to be replaced. I love the Balthazar Sword. Getting that and the warhorn for my warrior.

The set overall is okay otherwise, with the ones that have the hound design being really good. The ones without such design, not so much heh. Wish the GS had more to it, cause it nicely shape, but looks a bit too simple.

As for the portal hunt, eh I probably join in a bit in Dry Top here and there. Definitely don't feel like farming Silverwastes much anymore if I do this heh.

Wanderer5

The greatsword is fantastic because it is simple.

I must have it.

3 hours of Silverwastes and no Beta item yet. :<

Least a hound head could have been used.:p

Did a full round of SW, and two sandstorms of Dry Top, and no portal in sight, along with no one linking it either.

Yesterday while doing the leveling thing on my guardian some celebrity guild named TSS made everyone bow at their feet for the Triple Trouble event. They then shot off into the nether to some other map to do it. I have no idea how that even works. They're leaving left me behind with the other sinners to take down one of the giant tentacle wurm things and that went super well where we all died constantly and people in chat kept laughing at our attempt. I guess we almost did it despite its health bar being completely full because we nearly completed the rainbow and nearly had yellow complete. I guess that's how you win?

So that was fun. I had zero idea what was going on since I tagged along simply because I was in the zone already and had just gotten 100% map completion. I did get a couple achievements out of it so that felt like a success.

In other news this is the first day of a vacation where I'm not really doing anything so I figure I'll hit level 80 pretty soon on the guardian. It's all very exciting.

tiijj

Yesterday while doing the leveling thing on my guardian some celebrity guild named TSS made everyone bow at their feet for the Triple Trouble event. They then shot off into the nether to some other map to do it. I have no idea how that even works. They're leaving left me behind with the other sinners to take down one of the giant tentacle wurm things and that went super well where we all died constantly and people in chat kept laughing at our attempt. I guess we almost did it despite its health bar being completely full because we nearly completed the rainbow and nearly had yellow complete. I guess that's how you win?

So that was fun. I had zero idea what was going on since I tagged along simply because I was in the zone already and had just gotten 100% map completion. I did get a couple achievements out of it so that felt like a success.

In other news this is the first day of a vacation where I'm not really doing anything so I figure I'll hit level 80 pretty soon on the guardian. It's all very exciting.

TTS guild? Those guys jump maps several times before the event start. If you stay at your original map they might end up there. They sometimes change map at the last minute, 5-10 mins before the event start.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Pretty sure I joined a Triple Trouble map they were "sponsoring" last week and it failed miserably.

I've still yet to do that boss successfully. You think I would be more motivated - it seems to be the most complex of the world bosses.

Those are my three favorite classes in the game, but I play them all counter-meta like... (Except Power Necro, which eventually became slightly meta).

For PvE I'd probably recommend Warrior.

Necros aren't the highest damaging classes in the game, and they get flak for it, but I found the class to be the most fun of the three. Mostly because the class comes with a lot of bells and whistles where as Warrior and Thief is very meat and potatoes.

Thanks, but I'm honestly leaning towards Thief. I'll eventually get everything anyway. Seems like gem prices went up today anyway, so I'm gonna wait.

tiijj

Pretty sure I joined a Triple Trouble map they were "sponsoring" last week and it failed miserably.

I've still yet to do that boss successfully. You think I would be more motivated - it seems to be the most complex of the world bosses.

I used to do it 1-2 times a week and it usually succeed 9 out of 10 times. I usually run with another guild, set up starts on Sunday 12:30am server time (Saturday 8:30pm est), If you wan't to do it let me know I'll ferry you to the map.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Thanks, but I'm honestly leaning towards Thief. I'll eventually get everything anyway. Seems like gem prices went up today anyway, so I'm gonna wait.

They tend to spike on Tuesdays due to new items being released or on sale, thus causing people to buy. You can expect gem conversion to drop towards the end of the week, approaching Tuesday.

I used to do it 1-2 times a week and it usually succeed 9 out of 10 times. I usually run with another guild, set up starts on Sunday 12:30am server time (Saturday 8:30pm est), If you wan't to do it let me know I'll ferry you to the map.

Thanks, might need to finally get around to doing it.

Don't forget RIP 1200 shortbow range- all in one patch.

Imagine you're a warrior fighting a beastmaster 1v1 on a side point. You can choose to either engage my pet, during which I pump you full of shortbow bleeds and CC before swapping out my pet at the last moment, or you can focus on me as I wriggle around like a worm on a hook while my stealthed jaguar rips you to pieces. It was practically a hard counter on any class unable to target both at once.
What was the nerf? Haven't played spvp seriously until recently.

On a related note, where can I get Sigils of Generosity for spvp, or have they been removed entirely from that game mode? Do players who had them before get to keep them in spvp?

Spyware

Still don't know if I'll buy any Balth weps. Can't decide which ones since I like a whole bunch of them. Would like to get them all but I just spent my tickets on completing the Tormented Collection instead. Regretted not doing that before so I'm glad I could fix that :D

And here's a grumpy cat lady. (more pics here)
tumblr_nnjbarqNUT1qg7wmro2_1280.png

Zeroth

I was laughing out loud while reading this, you have a way with words Wibble. Here, let me help ya:

Yesterday while doing the leveling thing on my guardian some celebrity guild named TSS made everyone bow at their feet for the Triple Trouble event.

TTS is a well known NA guild that does organized content in GW2. Nowadays they focus on Tequatl and the Triple Trouble, the world bosses that require some level of coordination.

They then shot off into the nether to some other map to do it. I have no idea how that even works.

They moved to an empty map instance (by making the map you were at be full, thus spawning a new, empty map) because that way they are more certain to get the numbers needed to do the boss.

They're leaving left me behind with the other sinners to take down one of the giant tentacle wurm things and that went super well where we all died constantly and people in chat kept laughing at our attempt.

They only warn people that they are moving on TS (TeamSpeak, a voice chat program they use to organize their events), so whoever stays on the map is usually the people who wouldn't listen to them on TS. Since the Triple Trouble event requires so much coordination, it's pretty much impossible without some sort of "outside the game" organization tool.

I guess we almost did it despite its health bar being completely full because we nearly completed the rainbow and nearly had yellow complete. I guess that's how you win?

Each wurm has its own strategy and way to kill, but in order to actually win the event, you have to "decapitate" (kill) all three wurms in a window of one minute once one is decapitated. So I'm afraid you were not even close!

I can certainly lead you to a TTS organization map if you are up to it later this week.

I just sold a unidentified dye for 68 silver. these prices are insane! Remember when unidentified dye was super cheap? like 10 silver.. damnnnn.

Guys: It's my chest of loyalty log-in reward tomorrow (woohoo!) - is the ascended materials you get, good for ascended armor? will you get enough to make a set or just a single piece of armor? I am thinking I will try and collect the mats for maybe 2 sets (so 12 armor pieces) so I can have 2 characters ascended fully.

Agreed. Dat cross guard tho

I third that notion. The cross symbol in the hilt is exceptional.

Spyware

I just sold a unidentified dye for 68 silver. these prices are insane! Remember when unidentified dye was super cheap? like 10 silver.. damnnnn.
Yeah, remember when you could actually find them in the game normally, as LOOT and stuff! :D
I like that they are more valuable now since I have every single color and sell all unids I get :D

Guys: It's my chest of loyalty log-in reward tomorrow (woohoo!) - is the ascended materials you get, good for ascended armor? will you get enough to make a set or just a single piece of armor? I am thinking I will try and collect the mats for maybe 2 sets (so 12 armor pieces) so I can have 2 characters ascended fully.
Conga rats! :) The Ascended chest will give you a single Vision Crystal (you need one for every single weapon, the back pieces and all chest pieces) and one or two of one of the Ascended materials. Far from what you need for even a single cheap piece of armor.

Levyne

Banned

I third that notion. The cross symbol in the hilt is exceptional.

I believe it's 1-2 of any of them. So you could end up with 1 elonian leather at worst or 2 damask at best.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So my brother started playing again and I want to join him...Is it normal for the download to just sort of freeze up at some points? I'm stuck at 4783KB and 0 download speed.

E: Now it says Connection Errors (retrying). :|

So my brother started playing again and I want to join him...Is it normal for the download to just sort of freeze up at some points? I'm stuck at 4783KB and 0 download speed.

E: Now it says Connection Errors (retrying). :|

Today was patch day and everyone in EDT is just getting home from work atm, wouldn't be surprised if it was getting overrun

_woLf

I've been reading all of the tweets about GW1's 10th anniversary today and a ton of them all reference the memories made in Hall of Heroes...

my dream that it comes back remains alive

Moondrop

Banned
On a related note, where can I get Sigils of Generosity for spvp, or have they been removed entirely from that game mode? Do players who had them before get to keep them in spvp?
I think you have to pay a few gold to unlock it. Scroll to the bottom of the list of sigils within the PvP UI.

I was laughing out loud while reading this, you have a way with words Wibble. Here, let me help ya:

TTS is a well known NA guild that does organized content in GW2. Nowadays they focus on Tequatl and the Triple Trouble, the world bosses that require some level of coordination.

They moved to an empty map instance (by making the map you were at be full, thus spawning a new, empty map) because that way they are more certain to get the numbers needed to do the boss.

They only warn people that they are moving on TS (TeamSpeak, a voice chat program they use to organize their events), so whoever stays on the map is usually the people who wouldn't listen to them on TS. Since the Triple Trouble event requires so much coordination, it's pretty much impossible without some sort of "outside the game" organization tool.

Each wurm has its own strategy and way to kill, but in order to actually win the event, you have to "decapitate" (kill) all three wurms in a window of one minute once one is decapitated. So I'm afraid you were not even close!

I can certainly lead you to a TTS organization map if you are up to it later this week.
Ah yeah, TTS. That's it. The way everyone was going nuts for them I assumed it was some popular streamer or something. I did later Google their site. It's all slick and does things when you scroll.

What I don't get about the map thing is how they can control which instance of the world they go into. I never had the box pop up suggesting I move to a new instance to balance population. Is there some slash (/) function I'm not familiar with to change instances freely?

Oh, and I didn't mean completing the full three head decap or whatever they were saying in chat. But I'm assuming there's still some treasure to be had for doing one of the heads during the fight? Our particular pile of failure was on the crimson head. I caught that much. Is the proper tactic to have most people killing the husks and other adds while a select group runs the colors? It appeared we were all just suicide running trying to pile the colors in but when we got to the last one the enemies were all grouped near it so it turned into instant death once you made the approach up the slope.

I'd be up for trying it again. I'm in no particular hurry as there's plenty of stuff for me to do but if you catch me on feel free to yell at me to kill the wurms.

When does gold become more plentiful? I feel like I'm constantly struggling to make much at all. And I love crafting so much I end up spending 1/3 of what I take in on fruits and vegetables. I wish armorcrafting was as entertaining as cooking.

Ah yeah, TTS. That's it. The way everyone was going nuts for them I assumed it was some popular streamer or something. I did later Google their site. It's all slick and does things when you scroll.

What I don't get about the map thing is how they can control which instance of the world they go into. I never had the box pop up suggesting I move to a new instance to balance population. Is there some slash (/) function I'm not familiar with to change instances freely?

Oh, and I didn't mean completing the full three head decap or whatever they were saying in chat. But I'm assuming there's still some treasure to be had for doing one of the heads during the fight? Our particular pile of failure was on the crimson head. I caught that much. Is the proper tactic to have most people killing the husks and other adds while a select group runs the colors? It appeared we were all just suicide running trying to pile the colors in but when we got to the last one the enemies were all grouped near it so it turned into instant death once you made the approach up the slope.

I'd be up for trying it again. I'm in no particular hurry as there's plenty of stuff for me to do but if you catch me on feel free to yell at me to kill the wurms.

When does gold become more plentiful? I feel like I'm constantly struggling to make much at all. And I love crafting so much I end up spending 1/3 of what I take in on fruits and vegetables. I wish armorcrafting was as entertaining as cooking.
If you want to make some cashy money via crafting, you'll have to make ascended materials. Alternatively, you can make popular food items. A big one is Tom Kha Gai, AKA Lemongrass Poultry Soup It's a bit pricey to make, but it's super popular in WvW so demand is constant.

Otheriwse, the best ways to make quick money is by daily dungeons, world boss trains, and judicious selling of materials.

If you want to make some cashy money via crafting, you'll have to make ascended materials. Alternatively, you can make popular food items. A big one is Tom Kha Gai, AKA Lemongrass Poultry Soup It's a bit pricey to make, but it's super popular in WvW so demand is constant.

Otheriwse, the best ways to make quick money is by daily dungeons, world boss trains, and judicious selling of materials.

Well, I'm not max level yet but I'll remember to check on that soup when I get there. My cooking is nearing level 200 so I'm making some steady progress. It amazes me there's no achievement related to making specific amounts of the food (or similar for the other jobs). I'm having a great time trying to figure out every recipe but without any collection thing it can be tough to remember if I made everything involving a particular ingredient before moving on.

I need to get around to doing my story dungeons I have stacked up (I believe I now have the second through fourth unlocked for story that I haven't done yet). I've thought of selling mats that I don't use but if I get around to playing alts with different classes I figure I should hold onto the mats, like all the wood and jewels I'm not using, for future crafting.

Kyuur

Decided I'm going to give this another shot with news of the expansion and it having been a while since I played (since launch, basically). I remember only getting up to level 30ish and basically leaving my race's area for the first time. Guess I'll post my ign once I have a character created to be invited to the guild. :x

tiijj

Most of the time they announce it but there was one time when suddenly they said "the new map is on ip ##, try to get in since it might be soft capped". This was after jumping several times and even asking to WP to jaleko waypoint or something (to hide from other players). This was like 10 mins before it spawns (this was way back and it didn't have the guild spawn yet, I believe).

This was months ago though, so they might have changed.

Zeroth

Most of the time they announce it but there was one time when suddenly they said "the new map is on ip ##, try to get in since it might be soft capped". This was after jumping several times and even asking to WP to jaleko waypoint or something (to hide from other players). This was like 10 mins before it spawns (this was way back and it didn't have the guild spawn yet, I believe).

This was months ago though, so they might have changed.

To be honest all my experiences have been with the EU Wurm team, I've never done the reset teq with TTS so I can't speak for what their reset team does.

tiijj

To be honest all my experiences have been with the EU Wurm team, I've never done the reset teq with TTS so I can't speak for what their reset team does.

You really don't need a lot of coordination with teq. Just go to sparkfly ~30 mins (depending on the day) or use the LFG for an organized map and you're good, it will succeed pretty much all the time.

Zeroth

You really don't need a lot of coordination with teq. Just go to sparkfly ~30 mins (depending on the day) or use the LFG for an organized map and you're good, it will succeed pretty much all the time.

erm, meant to say "reset wurm" there. I just do teq with the SBI group, so I don't do the TTS teq either

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So ultra vague question...

The last time I played seriously was shortly after Fractals came out. Can anyone give me a good basic idea of what I should start focusing on? I feel quite overwhelmed at the moment.

spiritfox

The last time I played seriously was shortly after Fractals came out. Can anyone give me a good basic idea of what I should start focusing on? I feel quite overwhelmed at the moment.

I assume you're 80? You can start with the new zones. Southsun Cove doesn't have anything interesting going on unless you want to farm Karka, but both Dry Top and Silverwastes have ongoing events where you can just participate in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

hey man. do you have the story episodes unlocked? it will lead you through the new areas if nothing else.

Wallach

Aww yeah, them Balthazar skins. I'm thinking of using up my tomes to just-add-water an 80 Warrior and go MAXIMUM BALTHAZAR.

So after last night's great adventure of me stumbling into a world boss with Triple Trouble I was glad to get out of that zone and head south into the next water-filled zone.

Oh hey, another world boss? Great.

So Teq seems to be the big game this time around and I tried to ignore it. They started setting up an hour ahead of time so I just went about exploring, filling up hearts, and generally trying to pretend I'm not playing an MMO with other people. As time ticked town people were getting very organized and I thought that maybe I should check things out since it won't just be a pile of corpses. I came into the group with about five minutes to spare and in that time I realized that everyone was leveled down to 66. And I was level 58. So I knew I'd be the MVP.

Big dragon thing comes out and then I have no real idea how the fight went. Half the time I was running back from the WP because I was teaching all those veterans a new way how to do that fight. People on turrets did things. I tried to attack a dragons claw. And then some laser thing happens after we kill adds? In the end it actually worked, thanks to me, and I got oodles of loot and experience. Got five of the ten achievements and saw that I could have been jumping over the tidal waves?

So that was all neat. I hit level 60 a bit later and stopped for the night before jumping into my story stuff. Tomorrow I think I'll aim to knock out the four story dungeons I haven't done, as well. I also sold my unidentified dyes and some other stuff so my gold is starting to tick up steadily.

So after last night's great adventure of me stumbling into a world boss with Triple Trouble I was glad to get out of that zone and head south into the next water-filled zone.

Oh hey, another world boss? Great.

So Teq seems to be the big game this time around and I tried to ignore it. They started setting up an hour ahead of time so I just went about exploring, filling up hearts, and generally trying to pretend I'm not playing an MMO with other people. As time ticked town people were getting very organized and I thought that maybe I should check things out since it won't just be a pile of corpses. I came into the group with about five minutes to spare and in that time I realized that everyone was leveled down to 66. And I was level 58. So I knew I'd be the MVP.

Big dragon thing comes out and then I have no real idea how the fight went. Half the time I was running back from the WP because I was teaching all those veterans a new way how to do that fight. People on turrets did things. I tried to attack a dragons claw. And then some laser thing happens after we kill adds? In the end it actually worked, thanks to me, and I got oodles of loot and experience. Got five of the ten achievements and saw that I could have been jumping over the tidal waves?

So that was all neat. I hit level 60 a bit later and stopped for the night before jumping into my story stuff. Tomorrow I think I'll aim to knock out the four story dungeons I haven't done, as well. I also sold my unidentified dyes and some other stuff so my gold is starting to tick up steadily.
Wish I had the same experience when I was leveling/exploring that map. When game started Tequatl was just a spam-1-to-kill boss.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
hey man. do you have the story episodes unlocked? it will lead you through the new areas if nothing else.

I don't know for sure, but I will check.

Ate Guardians still decent? Is there a good site with build info and ideas? Also, I don't remember...Do any monsters and chests drop anything? Or are there "drop tables" I need to be aware of?

E: Also, who do I message to get back into the guild (if there's space)?

I don't know for sure, but I will check.

Ate Guardians still decent? Is there a good site with build info and ideas? Also, I don't remember...Do any monsters and chests drop anything? Or are there "drop tables" I need to be aware of?

Guards are good. Metabattle.com for meta builds, although it'll just tell you to build pure damage (i.e. Zerkers gear). The trait and utility recommendations are still a good starting point if you need direction.

Leave your account name here and one of the officers will send you an invite :)

Guardians are kind of in the backdrop. We can take it, because we're not the heroes. We tend to be silent, watchful protectors; a dark knight, if you will.

metabattle.com for popular builds.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ to make your own and look at the stats.

monsters have a chance to drop loot. chests are from events. Don't worry about drop tables. Just give Anet your credit card number.

By the time you log on again, you'll have a guild invite. There's an awake officer somewhere around the globe at any given time of day. Especially katoki. He's on at really weird times. The sun doesn't set on this empire guild. Press [G] and then click "Represent."

Wish I had the same experience when I was leveling/exploring that map. When game started Tequatl was just a spam-1-to-kill boss.

Was it because there were more people doing it so less strategy was required or did they change the boss at some point? They definitely made sure people were manning the turrets and I saw some grand strategies about calling for help if needed and move about to the batteries and attacking the fingers and stuff. They really had a lot to say about that encounter and I ignored most of it. I just attacked, attempted to dodge the red circles, still died plenty, and spent a lot of time coming back to the fight.

Oh, and I really love how it looks coming back with the big ol' dragon moving about and looking all displeased about the course of events.

It can be tough not pulling up a wiki for the game and just reading about everything but I think it allows for things like this for me to just stumble into it and experience it fresh. Sure, the method to win the fight and particular zerging strategies are known by folks at this point but instead of reading about what to expect it was pretty cool just having to react as best as I could to what was going on. I did completely miss that I could have lived longer if I jumped over the waves because those really were what killed me the most. I also still don't roll nearly enough to dodge things.

I've got a decent feel for my guardian and enjoy it well enough but I need to mess around with more of the weapons since I've just been on the great sword and a back-up hammer. I took the advice of whoever ran me through that first story dungeon and now continually keep one of each type of weapon in my bags and constantly swap it out with drops when I get improvements for them but I never really bother equipping them to try things out.

And I still want to try some of the other professions. I see people doing cool things around me and it makes me want to check it out for myself.

Was it because there were more people doing it so less strategy was required or did they change the boss at some point? They definitely made sure people were manning the turrets and I saw some grand strategies about calling for help if needed and move about to the batteries and attacking the fingers and stuff. They really had a lot to say about that encounter and I ignored most of it. I just attacked, attempted to dodge the red circles, still died plenty, and spent a lot of time coming back to the fight.

Oh, and I really love how it looks coming back with the big ol' dragon moving about and looking all displeased about the course of events.

It can be tough not pulling up a wiki for the game and just reading about everything but I think it allows for things like this for me to just stumble into it and experience it fresh. Sure, the method to win the fight and particular zerging strategies are known by folks at this point but instead of reading about what to expect it was pretty cool just having to react as best as I could to what was going on. I did completely miss that I could have lived longer if I jumped over the waves because those really were what killed me the most. I also still don't roll nearly enough to dodge things.

I've got a decent feel for my guardian and enjoy it well enough but I need to mess around with more of the weapons since I've just been on the great sword and a back-up hammer. I took the advice of whoever ran me through that first story dungeon and now continually keep one of each type of weapon in my bags and constantly swap it out with drops when I get improvements for them but I never really bother equipping them to try things out.

And I still want to try some of the other professions. I see people doing cool things around me and it makes me want to check it out for myself.

Teq before that was a joke. Like literally just a tutorial boss. you could just stand there and spam 1 and you would win. Saying it was made more difficult is quite an understatement.

NCsofts Blade and Soul has been on the way to "English Speaking markets" since we first saw it at G-Star in 2009. It's a weird thing because the Russian F2P version has been out, and there has been some translations which translate the UI and everything. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYUqXL4KUA ) The engrish inside the game is fairly broken, but you can get by easily.

As for the game itself... It comes as somewhat of a bummer. When this game was announced it looked absolutely unreal, and while it still looks amazing, particularly the character customization ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOHe5X6p7qU ) the fact is that Blade and Soul has joined Aion and TERA as a game which was several years too late to have its technical prowess be effective once they hit the western market.

The game has some similarities to GW2. The Art Design is pretty incredible. Kim Hyung Tae, who is the art director is quite famous in Korea for his style. I would describe B&S as hyper-sexualized and hyper-anime. It's not "anime" because it's not Japanese, but you wouldn't be able to spot the difference. The exaggeration and attention to detail is stunning.

The traversal remains really cool. You glide through the air by double jumping, you can sprint off cliffs, glide and do crazy jumps.
The combat system is similiar to GW2 in that you just click to attack, but at the same time there is still tab-targeting. You get fewer buttons, and you will see skills change- as you press them repeatedly in chains.

Where things become not so cool is in the quest design, which feels like Vanilla WoW. There is a linearity and despite gorgeous vistas this fantasy world feels more like Jade Empire than a fantastic MMO landspace like Tyria or Azeroth. I've never seen a Korean MMO where it felt like that the world was handcrafted.

I think I understand now why Blade and Soul is not coming, and if it will, it will not be with the force you would expect.
TERA is actually quite popular. I've been checking it out over the last few weeks, and the game is a weeabo paradise. Tons of people are getting enjoyment out of it, and I think Blade and Soul could take up that space.
Blade and Soul has less rooting in the combat than TERA but it still annoys me. It actually annoys me a lot.
It seems to me that ArcheAge is a better experience. It doesn't have the outlandishly crazy/horrific/creepy/kinda awesome-in-its-own-fucked-up-way, themes that Blade and Soul has with the hyper-sexualization and over exaggerated everything, but it's certainly more playable.
But it's also been my understanding that ArcheAge (which now has tons of negative reviews on Steam) has been accused of blatant business practices by Trion. It sounds completely crazy, and I wonder if it was hyperbole.

I am kinda sad that such a gorgeous game like Blade and Soul never really got to see the western market in all its glory, but it seems the mantle is now for Black Desert. But if Black Desert will follow protocol. To follow Aion, TERA and Blade and Soul, it will be anywhere between 2 to 5 years late before it gets here.

NCSoft doesn't have a lot going on in the west now besides Guild Wars 2, and I wonder if that is why they are hesitant to make Cantha. If they feel that asian-themed games will scare western audiences away, they will try to separate and keep this gulf or rift between western and eastern audiences, and that is really weird to me.

Which begs the question, how well is GW2 doing in Korea and China?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Guardians are kind of in the backdrop. We can take it, because we're not the heroes. We tend to be silent, watchful protectors; a dark knight, if you will.

metabattle.com for popular builds.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ to make your own and look at the stats.

monsters have a chance to drop loot. chests are from events. Don't worry about drop tables. Just give Anet your credit card number.

By the time you log on again, you'll have a guild invite. There's an awake officer somewhere around the globe at any given time of day. Especially katoki. He's on at really weird times. The sun doesn't set on this empire guild. Press [G] and then click "Represent."

Guards are good. Metabattle.com for meta builds, although it'll just tell you to build pure damage (i.e. Zerkers gear). The trait and utility recommendations are still a good starting point if you need direction.

Leave your account name here and one of the officers will send you an invite :)

Account name: nicoga.9612

Thanks for the info guys. I have a full set of Zerker gear, but I swapped it for something...I can't remember what. I also run GS/Staff, which may or may not be the best option right now? I'll have to tinker with things again. Going to play some over the next few days to get my chops back. Apparently I don't have any of the map open anymore? So I'm hanging out over at Orr and need to work my way back. ?_?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom