• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

sp i am curious : i was looking at the 3 different meta builds for War on nikes vid .

what is usually better to run outside of dungeons ? an empowered allies build , phalanx strength build or pure DPS build ?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does the name change contract every go on sale? My first char has a shit name that doesn't fit with the theme of my alts, but £8 is too expensive IMO.

Retro

Excellent make-up missions everyone, thank you for coming out (especially to the volunteers who didn't need commendations but come along anyways). Nice and fast run today; Branded for Termination / Angvar's Trove / Poobadoo / Bear Lope. Almost exactly the same missions as last night.

Should be another Specialization reveal sometime this week (probably Thursday again, but who knows).

what is usually better to run outside of dungeons ? an empowered allies build , phalanx strength build or pure DPS build ?

Outside of dungeons, it's really whatever you enjoy playing. Out of those three, just a pure DPS build will probably serve you best since the other two are kinda oriented towards helping people out which won't always be the case when you're out and about.

Probably not the answer you wanted, in terms of which is most efficient or whatnot.

Does the name change contract every go on sale? My first char has a shit name that doesn't fit with the theme of my alts, but £8 is too expensive IMO.

I think it's gone on sale before, but I can't remember exactly when.

For what it's worth, If you can spend the extra money, you're almost better off getting the Identity Repair Kit: it's only 200 gems more and you get a Total Makeover Kit out of it at a discount of about 150 gems.

Excellent make-up missions everyone, thank you for coming out (especially to the volunteers who didn't need commendations but come along anyways). Nice and fast run today; Branded for Termination / Angvar's Trove / Poobadoo / Bear Lope. Almost exactly the same missions as last night.

And said in-game but again thanks for bringing me along for the one week I can take part. Didn't realize it was going on but my vacation lined up with me being available and I had logged on to do my level 70 story missions. Instead I jumped around a lot, died plenty against some ogres or whatever they were, started the bounty early, and then constantly placed a bear cub on the verge of death as I'd remember to stop and hit "1" to see a red circle right at my feet.

I figure tonight or tomorrow I'll finally hit level 80. It's all very exciting. I recently hit 25% map completion. It's going to be quite awhile before I get that 100%.

Retro

And said in-game but again thanks for bringing me along for the one week I can take part. Didn't realize it was going on but my vacation lined up with me being available and I had logged on to do my level 70 story missions. Instead I jumped around a lot, died plenty against some ogres or whatever they were, started the bounty early, and then constantly placed a bear cub on the verge of death as I'd remember to stop and hit "1" to see a red circle right at my feet.

Yeah, I'm sorry we don't have any additional times for missions. Maybe when we get a ton of people back for HoT and they change things for guilds (which they're supposedly working on) we can move Make-up Missions to earlier on Sundays? I just don't want it to be too early because then our west coast volunteers are rolling right out of bed for missions. I do know that we catch large chunks of our European members fairly late in the evening (most of them end missions with a "Good night") so earlier for them might be good.

We'll see. We just sort of came to run them at the times we do because that worked for the majority of people.

I figure tonight or tomorrow I'll finally hit level 80. It's all very exciting. I recently hit 25% map completion. It's going to be quite awhile before I get that 100%.

The thing I've found with map completion is, even after I've gotten 100% on two characters I still find something new every week or so. Usually it's a new dynamic event, but sometimes it's a little area I didn't head deeply into, a cave I missed, or something like that.

It's one of those little things that makes GW2 stand out; most of the MMOs I've played have to wring as much as possible out of the content they have, so they have throwaway quests or something to push you towards every square inch of real estate. Here, even if you play the game like a checklist (and to be clear; there's nothing wrong with that) I think you'd probably be missing a huge chunk of the game.

Ashodin

Our schedule for the missions have become so "usual" and expected as well so if we start messing with the timing, people who have setup whole schedules of life and work will get upset.

Retro

Our schedule for the missions have become so "usual" and expected as well so if we start messing with the timing, people who have setup whole schedules of life and work will get upset.

Well, I don't think anybody is basing their life and work schedules around a game... At least I hope not. I mean, I know that's basically a requirement for some MMOs, but certainly not here, and even if it was I think we'd be a lot more flexible than most (I've done the whole raiding thing, as a player and leader, and never again).

But as far as messing with the timing, yeah, I think people are used to the current times and changing them might throw people off.

Well, I don't think anybody is basing their life and work schedules around a game... At least I hope not. I mean, I know that's basically a requirement for some MMOs, but certainly not here, and even if it was I think we'd be a lot more flexible than most (I've done the whole raiding thing, as a player and leader, and never again).

But as far as messing with the timing, yeah, I think people are used to the current times and changing them might throw people off.

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, when I asked about the schedule, I'm not asking to change any of the established times because they work. Besides, I already mentioned to you that I'm not big on having scheduled gaming and instead I just play whenever it suits me. I work at a company that has people work every hour of every day so there's a chance my schedule will change down the road and then perhaps I'll be able to join in more for guild stuff but otherwise I'm not overly concerned about it.

I bounce between games frequently so as soon as I hit 80 and feel less incentive to make bars increase I may move on to other games and come back with less frequency for awhile. That's generally how I play stuff. I need to get back to FFXIV and finally hit the level cap there, too, as I moved off of that a few months back and I'm still paying for it.

Retro

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, when I asked about the schedule, I'm not asking to change any of the established times because they work. Besides, I already mentioned to you that I'm not big on having scheduled gaming and instead I just play whenever it suits me.

Oh, I know, I was just sort of mentioning it because it's a going concern. We try to accommodate as many people as possible, but since that's between 450-500 people at any given time, it's a bit of a juggling act. I think the times work well and everyone is familiar with them, but if things change a lot in HoT (less emphasis on purchasing missions as upgrades that we have a limited amount of, for example) it's something to consider.

For example, a while ago one of our members offered to maybe do some late-night missions, but it wasn't feasible because we only have 3 or 4 mission activations 'built' at once and we occasionally burn extra (like Saturday, where we had someone in a different instance of the map where another guild was working on the same challenge; they got a hit in on an enemy and accepted credit, so the whole guild technically 'beat' it even though no one got any commendations). If they moved away from that system, we could totally have somebody on late at night offering to run missions. I wouldn't expect the numbers to be great, but you only need 12 people at most for things like Puzzle.

Ashodin

Yeah when we sat down to organize a time for the missions, we settled on those days after much deliberation. We really feel like we got the sweet spot. :)

SourBear

Banned
Engineer specilization, coming this week.

Did they say that somewhere? It seemed like they were pretty far behind on that class because they had the biggest rework of their trait lines. I'm kind of hoping they do Necromancer this week because I'm up in the air in whether or not I want to continue with it being my main. I'm pretty disappointed with the trait line changes they got.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Necromancer is probably the most laughed at class. I'm surprised it wasn't the first revamped class.

Don't trust anything Kos says.

Did they say that somewhere? It seemed like they were pretty far behind on that class because they had the biggest rework of their trait lines. I'm kind of hoping they do Necromancer this week because I'm up in the air in whether or not I want to continue with it being my main. I'm pretty disappointed with the trait line changes they got.

You must be new to the thread.

You never trust anything that I say. Just ask anyone.

Taffer

You never trust anything that I say.

R39RJF9.jpg

Levyne

Banned
The longbow just looks like Azureflame to me, but you are right that maybe the wings or similar bow skins will be unlockable like that.

Edit: Makes sense that it shares the skin with the Bow of Truth. I guess I'm not sure if I've actually ever summoned the bow.

Proven

So... the name is likely Avenger, Paragon, or something more Holy/Angel themed. Still, nice.

And they're not doing it any damn order, which makes me sad.

If that comment about us only getting a handful of elite specialization weeks before they switch to something else is true, then I doubt we'll get one for any character we don't know the weapon of. So the next two are probably Engineer (Hammer) and Ranger (Druid).

At this point they might as well skip showing off anything for the Necromancer unless they're also going to talk about balance changes, or else parts of the forums will literally erupt. Even reddit is starting to get on the "Necromancer needs tons of help" bandwagon, off of the "Necromancer is the worst at PvE but okay everywhere else" bandwagon.

Was Elementalist getting a Sword confirmed or just speculation from some random guy that went places? Besides them, we still don't know Thief, Warrior, or Revenant extra weapon either.

And speaking of balance changes and speculation, did anything ever come out of that F2 skill for Warrior? The possibilities include baseline change, only for the elite specialization, and just a random test they were doing while deciding on the elite specialization.

Fake edit: I retract it being a Paragon, unless they're going to make a new skill type, "Chant".

They have previewed 1 light armor, and this week they will preview 1 heavy armor specilization, next week it has to be a medium armor spec.

Probably Ranger.

Secretly hoping for Engineer, based on redesign it is likely that it will be the last one to be shown.

Reddit is a weird place.

vpu6bak.png

Colipragon*

I had a nightmare last time. I dreamed that they had removed all Warriors Physical skills (Bolars, Stomp, Kick and Rampage) and that they said it was okay because Warriors new elite specialization used a focus.

A focus.

A FOCUS.

I would rather fight dragons with a roll of toilet paper than a focus. I would rather hold an off hand object like a rock in my hand than a focus.
I've been upset the entire day because of this...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
But focus is the best weapon in the game! Focus only GAF runs are 100% more efficient than a Ranger only run.

Our semi-serious GAF group clocks arah 2 (2.5g I think) in 25 minutes, and arah 1 (3.5g) in roughly 35 minutes if all goes well.

I would hardly call us serious... we know what we're doing and try to find ways to do things better but we're not 'serious', it's always just for fun

Quenk

I would hardly call us serious... we know what we're doing and try to find ways to do things better but we're not 'serious', it's always just for fun

To be fair, Zeroth said "semi-serious".

GW2dungeons.net has the average lengths of:

Path 1: 34 minutes
Path 2: 30 minutes
Path 3: 23 minutes
Path 4: 55 minutes

Morokh

Thanks again to Eye of Zhaitan GAF.

We'll all strike it rich one day.

screenshot123444_resudgukd.jpg

Anytime, this is the kind of events I haven't done often, it's always a pleasure !

On another note Wilkz got an expensive new toy today :D

CAKCKqO.jpg

OFFzm78.jpg

5zbU4lN.jpg

700g :>

Also weaponsmithing at 500 for my warrior !
This is a good day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom