• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Hey, if you can read this, you're getting a sneak peak at the Heart of Thorns OT under construction. How cool is that, right?
MafM2TL.png

93QARaw.jpg

bskeA4h.jpg

XdjEkyK.jpg

Qf2Kf5L.png

ItqneD2.jpg

KoT9Wnw.jpg

tsdCT9k.jpg

4l1V78E.jpg

GAF-Authored Guides
Written a guide or have a useful link you want to share? Send it via Private Message to Retro and I’ll add it to the list.
GAF Streams
Do you stream Guild Wars 2 often? Please PM me a link to your channel and I'll add it to the list.
Previous OTs

Post #2 Begins here
ASapZjh.jpg

GUILD POLICIES
BAN POLICIES:
Short Version: We might insta-kick you just to stop certain behavior, but we will always address problems on a one-on-one basis and issue warnings.
Warnings:
Depending on the severity of the issue, a warning will likely be issued. All warnings are recorded in a private document all officers have access to where they can be tracked and discussed. A warning carries no penalties, it just means we asked you to stop something and will notice if you keep doing it.

Guild Removal:
In most cases, an officer will contact the member and address the situation. In rare cases, to immediately stop any major disruption, a member will be removed right away (for example, to stop a heated argument in guild chat). Removals are not necessarily permanent, as once the situation is resolved the member will be welcome back.

Repeat offenders may be banned permanently, from the guild and/or the Mumble server. Being banned at one does not necessarily mean being banned at all (some people are just disruptive in Mumble, others on the site, etc.)​

DRAMA POLICIES:
Short Version: Don't be a dick. No Hate speech!
Note: Please keep in mind our drama policy extends to Map and Say chat, where your behavior may reflect negatively on GAF as a whole. [GAF] is pretty well known amongst the guilds on our server and we have a good relationship with most of them. We would like to keep it this way.
Swearing / Language
We have no official restriction on language, as everyone in GAFGuild is expected to be old enough to have a GAF Account. We want it to be a place where GAFers can hang out and relax. That said, personal insults of any kind will not be tolerated, and all homophobic / sexist / racist comments/jokes will receive a warning. Sexually explicit conversation should probably be kept to whispers.

Trolling
If we notice a member is actively baiting or antagonizing others, we'll come down on it. Nobody should be subject to intentional harassment or annoyance while playing.

Excessive Negativity
The game is not perfect, and we want people to discuss all aspects of the game both positive and negative. However, we don't want habitual complaints and/or negativity to create an unpleasant atmosphere in the game. As such, members who are consistently negative to the point where it disrupts chat will generally receive a warning to be more constructive or take it to the forums where it is not disrupting the gameplay experience of other members.

"Other" Issues
No policy can predict the multitude of ways in which players will behave, so from time to time we may update the policy to address certain issues which we would like to discourage. They are as follows;
  • Please do not sell dungeon runs to guild mates. If you want to take the risk of selling a dungeon run to other players, that's your business, but your guild mates are not a built-in market for your bullshit.
CULLING POLICIES
Short Version: Sometimes we need to make space in the guild, if you got kicked just ask to be re-invited.
What is Culling?
Guild Wars 2 currently has a cap of 500 accounts per guild. Due to the large size of the GAF community, to get as many active players into the main guild as possible we often kick a large number of inactive players from the guild. We refer to this as "Culling" and despite claims to the contrary, has never been personal or motivated by reasons other than simple house keeping.

How do you determine who is Active?
We simply make use of the game's "Last Online" feature and remove large chunks of players who have not played since a certain date (usually folks who haven't played in the last 3-4 months). Our policy has always been that active players who were accidentally kicked are probably active enough to notice, while those who are away from the game will never notice if they're not logging in in the first place. We will generally post in the OT when we're going to be removing inactive players just in case someone wants to make sure they aren't removed.

I've been kicked out! What do I do?!
Relax. Don't take it personally. Whisper any of the officers or post in the OT to get re-invited immediately.​

GUILD BANK POLICIES
Short Version: Bank items are first come-first serve.
The Guild Bank currently has 3 tabs; the Guild Stash (50 slot), Treasure Trove (100 slot) and Deep Cave (100 slot).

The Guild Stash is available for all players on a first-come-first-serve basis. Items you leave in the bank can and will be taken out by any player. This also includes money! If you wish to donate directly to the guild, please deposit it into the Deep Cave or mail it directly to an officer.

The Treasure Trove is used for the Guild Lottery (including lottery prizes) and any extra items. If you see any item you would like, ask; chances are nobody is keeping it for any particular reason.

The Deep Cave is deposit-only and is used by the officers, to keep items that are intended to benefit the entire guild. This is usually high-end crafting materials, potions, or holiday items. This is also where we keep the transfer fund, used to help players transfer from non-SBI servers (preferably those who are not in the NA Datacenter).​

IAkyjPC.jpg

OAE8uXF.jpg

Zjq5vi6.jpg

Hit level 80 on my guardian today. Did all of 79 to 80 by cooking. And then got cooking to 400. Decided to buy mats to finish getting that achievement for 500k experience without leaving the map or dying and then leveled up armorsmithing up from 300 to 350 to finish that up. Armorsmithing is lame compared to cooking but I'll keep plugging away at it.

So now that I'm 80 I need to finish the personal story, go through the season two content, and I suppose finally do all the story modes in the dungeons since I've still only done that first one. I hit 80 with only around 28 or 29% map completion so there's oodles to do there as well. Plenty of zones I've never entered even once.

I'll likely be on a little less frequently as I'll start playing other games in between, but I definitely don't feel done with this one.

Oh, and I'm at around 800 achievement points so loads more to toy around with there to get achievement stuff.

Now I need to save up to get one. Also, does anyone know a good way to earn gold?

I log in every day to get my log in reward. You get like 20-30 laurels a month, and if you sell those to the laurel vendor for T6 mats you can make some gold.

But I recommend buying a make over with real world money. it costs 350 gems and sometimes go on sale. You have to spend 10 dollars to get 800 gems. You might be able to buy a couple the next time it gets on sale.

You need a serious amount of gold if you are going to convert gold to gems. The currency rate is not in the players favor.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I like how the LFG tool is the only thing guaranteed to run at 60 fps for me. $300 Graphics card was totally worth it.

CELHAUUVIAAVsGN.jpg

I think Spirit Guardian "Paragon"
Is going to use the bow in a new way. Why not? Warrior, and Ranger already uses the longbow conventionally?
I think Spirit Guardian Paragon will shoot massive spirit arrows that hit the ground and lay buffs for protection. Unlike Staff and Scepter it will have a longer range allowing for some far-range protection. That is a really interesting mechanic. You can stand much further away on walls in WvW and shoot massive spirit arrows that almost looks like paragon spears.
I think the way they are doing it visually is taking a que from Aegis shield effect. I think there will be this outer blue glow fire effect on every bow you use. It will make every bow "fit" into the guardian, but also mask it as some spirit weapon.
You can't disable the Aegis effect on guardian and that is something that helps make shield guardians feel different from Warrior guardians!

It's weird that those wings in the gemstore turned out to be a gemstore for this. Some guy on reddit said it was a Aion homage.
But if many of the so-called random skins that has been in the gemstore, it might mean that Thief will get a katana-like-assassin-samura-ninja-like elite specialization with greatsword spec. We've seen Tha_shamans leaked models off one-handed sword and dagger katana based on Belindas model, so that entire set would fit a asian type agile melee fighter thing. Also thief has no two handed melee weapon, and greatsword would fit more than hammer, but perhaps not more than a bo-staff.
I really hope some profession will use the staff. If they are not giving us polearm then give us staff and some polearm-looking staff skins. I can deal with that. I can work with that. I can jiggy with that, even if mirrors are not real, which means my eyes are not real either.

I like how the LFG tool is the only thing guaranteed to run at 60 fps for me. $300 Graphics card was totally worth it.

Kanik it's a sexy card. What is your CPU?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
look at these garbage motherfuckers

One day they will know the majesty that is the Norn.

Kanik it's a sexy card. What is your CPU?

Asking me my CPU is like asking a woman her age. Big no no.

Honestly though, in dungeons and pvp, which is the bulk of my GW2 time, it runs damn good.

SSD upgrade was the most noticeable upgrade. I'm no longer afraid of Lion's Arch.

Retro

Discovered a room full of turkeys last night!

The turkeys are the second coolest hidden thing in AC. The leap of faith room is cooler.

Dammit man, wings are the worst.

Bows? eh.

Ignoring the "Guardians have crap ranged options" complaint (which is kinda valid), I dunno what else would fit. Aside from the bows, axe doesn't quite fit, giving them offhand sword or mace seems redundant, rifle and pistol don't seem right... Warhorn is really the only thing left and that seems underwhelming.

Stuart444

Hey GAF, quick question.

I know to do Open World content, we'd need to guest over to the server most of you guys are on but what about instances (dungeons and stuff)? Would we need to guest over to do instances or can you just enter an instance with a party of people on different servers?

Reason I'm asking is we'd prefer to do story dungeons or explorable mode dungeons with non-randoms. (especially since while we did story ones a long time ago now (but we'd do them again on our alts or just for fun lol), we'd never touched any of the explorable mode dungeons iirc and randoms aren't always the most patient of people.)

Thorgal

You don't have to guest to another server for participating in open world or dungeons with the guild .

As long as you are in a Na lserver,the megaservers will put you in the right map automatically.

Stuart444

You don't have to guest to another server for participating in open world or dungeons with the guild .

As long as you are in a Na lserver,the megaservers will put you in the right map automatically.

Huh, really? So all that's needed is to be in a party with people?

The more you know.

Spyware

Regarding Norn and proportions and stuff. It took me over a year to get used to how the males look. I couldn't play them at all. I saw them as big humans with silly proportions. But then Cresc started playing his male norn guardian a lot, using it in the Living Story and so on. Suddenly I had gotten used to them and wanted two of my own (soon to be three with the Rev). I still put the head size slider on max tho. :p

On another note Wilkz got an expensive new toy today :D

CAKCKqO.jpg
This is a great looking asura :D

I'm already the spiritual officer in the guild. At least I actually rep.

Officers who barely rep, show up to missions and post on OT should step down so we can pick new ociffers.

This is only my opinion.

TenTonHammer will be posting about Guardian elite spec on Thursday.

Lunar15

The turkeys are the second coolest hidden thing in AC. The leap of faith room is cooler.

Ignoring the "Guardians have crap ranged options" complaint (which is kinda valid), I dunno what else would fit. Aside from the bows, axe doesn't quite fit, giving them offhand sword or mace seems redundant, rifle and pistol don't seem right... Warhorn is really the only thing left and that seems underwhelming.

Yeah, we all knew it'd be bow. I'm still interested to see what they do with it. I bet it will be a very support oriented weapon.

Thorgal

Huh, really? So all that's needed is to be in a party with people?

The more you know.

Originally all the servers where isolated from each other so your original point that you had to guest to another server if you wanted to join the guild in doing stuff was correct .

But with the introduction of the Megaservers guesting is no longer necessary.

Regarding Norn and proportions and stuff. It took me over a year to get used to how the males look. I couldn't play them at all. I saw them as big humans with silly proportions. But then Cresc started playing his male norn guardian a lot, using it in the Living Story and so on. Suddenly I had gotten used to them and wanted two of my own (soon to be three with the Rev). I still put the head size slider on max tho. :p

This is a great looking asura :D
Does anyone have a pic of the guardian? One of my main issues with norn is that most heavy armor sets come out awful.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My friends are starting to get back into this game with all the new content that's coming out and I'll probably be jumping back in soon too. I'm liking a lot of the changes they have been putting out so far.

I remember release day like it was yesterday. Excuse the shitty laptop graphics at the time.

Levyne

Banned
Dude Where's my Kayos?
Me, myself, and Kayos
How the Grinch stole Kayos
The Fast and the Kayos

anyone remember that night

it went on forever

it was terrible and great

Edit: If you need a guild invite again, let us know.

Spyware

Does anyone have a pic of the guardian? One of my main issues with norn is that most heavy armor sets come out awful.

Sadly I only have this pic:
but it's the complete Braham set. For my Rev I'll use the Cultural T3 (Stag) with Toxic Mantle/Gloves. Right now the placeholder looks like this and I really like him :D
My brother sent me a pic of his heavy norn guy too. Also using Cultural gear (Dolyak) and Braham's set.

Quenk

I'm so close to finishing Mawdrey. I should be finished by this weekend if I stop being lazy and do one more set of fractals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom